I've just watched the first part of the Discovery Channel's series on the Unabomber...

I've just watched the first part of the Discovery Channel's series on the Unabomber, and they were reciting parts of his Manifesto...

I have to say. I agree with him.

We are slaves to technology.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/stream/IndustrialSocietyAndItsFuture-TheUnabombersManifesto/IndustrialSocietyAndItsFuture-theUnabombersManifesto_djvu.txt
boingboing.net/2014/05/09/how-the-cia-created-the-unabom.html
discovery.com/tv-shows/manhunt-unabomber/
nbc.com/saturday-night-live/season/season-40
youtube.com/watch?v=FRabb6_Gr2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=hlrv7DIHllE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

INDUSTRIAL SOCIETY AND ITS FUTURE

Introduction

1. The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race. They have greatly increased the life-expectancy of those of us who live in “advanced” countries, but they have destabilized society, have made life unfulfilling, have subjected human beings to indignities, have led to widespread psychological suffering (in the Third World to physical suffering as well) and have inflicted severe damage on the natural world. The continued development of technology will worsen the situation. It will certainly subject human beings to greater indignities and inflict greater damage on the natural world, it will probably lead to greater social disruption and psychological suffering, and it may lead to increased physical suffering even in “advanced” countries.

2. The industrial-technological system may survive or it may break down. If it survives, it MAY eventually achieve a low level of physical and psychological suffering, but only after passing through a long and very painful period of adjustment and only at the cost of permanently reducing human beings and many other living organisms to engineered products and mere cogs in the social machine. Furthermore, if the system survives, the consequences will be inevitable: There is no way of reforming or modifying the system so as to prevent it from depriving people of dignity and autonomy.

3. If the system breaks down the consequences will still be very painful. But the bigger the system grows the more disastrous the results of its breakdown will be, so if it is to break down it had best break down sooner rather than later.

4. We therefore advocate a revolution against the industrial system. This revolution may or may not make use of violence; it may be sudden or it may be a relatively gradual process spanning a few decades. We can’t predict any of that. But we do outline in a very general way the measures that those who hate the industrial system should take in order to prepare the way for a revolution against that form of society. This is not to be a POLITICAL revolution. Its object will be to overthrow not governments but the economic and technological basis of the present society.

5. In this article we give attention to only some of the negative developments that have grown out of the industrial-technological system. Other such developments we mention only briefly or ignore altogether. This does not mean that we regard these other developments as unimportant. For practical reasons we have to confine our discussion to areas that have received insufficient public attention or in which we have something new to say. For example, since there are well-developed environmental and wilderness movements, we have written very little about environmental degradation or the destruction of wild nature, even though we consider these to be highly important.

" Never forget that a human being with

technology is exactly like an alcoholic with
a barrel of wine"

- Ted Kaczynski

IF THE UNABOMBER PREVAILS
AND WE RETURN TO WILD NATURE...
CAN I STILL HAVE MY CARPHONE?

archive.org/stream/IndustrialSocietyAndItsFuture-TheUnabombersManifesto/IndustrialSocietyAndItsFuture-theUnabombersManifesto_djvu.txt

Sure. Still no excuse for mailing bombs to colleagues.

Bollocks. You can dump your phone whenever you wish.

Just read his work user. He's very insightful. It's a fun read.

It's an unorthodox marketing campaign, but it got his message across.

They weren't colleagues. At least, not all of them. They weren't random either though.

>dropping an expensive phone

Get off the internet then faggot

>We are slaves to technology.
There is nothing funnier than taking away people's phones. They get pretty uptight for quite some time.

look
weird al yankovic did it

You are like a little babby. Focus your attention on mcveigh

As it was explained in the show by the agent that caught him, it isn't technology that is the problem necessarily.

It's what technology is doing to us psychologically.

The example they used was sitting in front of a red light in the middle of the night when there aren't any cars that you can see around anywhere. You know you can go, but you stay put because you know you aren't supposed to go when the light is red.

Did they mention his involvement in CIA propaganda campaigns in college?

boingboing.net/2014/05/09/how-the-cia-created-the-unabom.html

When mass murderer Ted Kaczynski was a 16-year-old undergraduate student at Harvard, he took part in a behavioral engineering project run by the CIA. It was part of the US government's illegal MKUltra project, which ruined the lives of many innocent and unwitting test subjects around the world.

The study was run by Dr. Henry Murray, who had each of his 22 subjects write an essay detailing their dreams and aspirations. The students were then taken to a room where electrodes were attached to them to monitor their vitals as they were subjected to extremely personal, stressful, and brutal critiques about the essays they had written. Following the psychological attacks, the participants were forced to watch the videos of themselves being verbally and psychologically assaulted multiple times. Kaczynski is claimed to have had the worst physiological reaction to being interrogated. These experiments, paired with his lack of social skills and memories of being bullied as a child, caused Kaczynski to suffer from horrible nightmares that eventually drove him to move into isolation outside Lincoln, Montana.

Technology programs us with obedience.

Cars were supposed to make us freer, but now we can barely function as a society without some form of vehicular transportation. We can hardly go out and get food from a supermarket without them.

Sure, there's no doubt that you COULD do it, but the whole of society?

link? I want to watch this

nothing converts faster than a dead man

So what you're saying is that Kaczynski may have potentially been on the spectrum?

Hey may have been... one of us?

bump

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 5

we stay because there are cops waiting on the side for you to move by. if you're a black or mexican they don't say shit

discovery.com/tv-shows/manhunt-unabomber/

user Delivers

gender is on a spectrum like autism

That's one theory with validity for that specific circumstance, but read the manifesto and consider how technology has advanced since then. You'll see that he was right.

i'm not disagreeing with him. I'm just saying we stay at a red light because a ticket can literally wipe out our paycheck for the week.

My goal is life is a farm and shooting everybody who comes on my property

Shut up, nigger.

Fair enough.

don't be hating, goy

>The example they used was sitting in front of a red light in the middle of the night when there aren't any cars that you can see around anywhere. You know you can go, but you stay put because you know you aren't supposed to go when the light is red.

That's called operant conditioning. It has nothing to do specifically with technology.

but please, continue your pseudo-intellectual tirade about how an anarcho-communist terrorist who was psychologically devastated by the CIA's lack of proper debriefing after their botched project ULTRA is actually a deep and thoughtful scholar.

user is a good man

Uncle Ted has always been one of us, newfriend.

The Millions who live in city's function fine without transportation to get groceries.

Used to live for 15 years in Manhattan, never once needed to drive for my necessities.

But we have a fetish for houses in this country, so we sprawl out and suburbanize, you need cars in those places and especially in rural America.

The reason I don't go is because I've probably had a few drinks and I don't want some cop to pull me over out of nowhere.

His message is dangerous it's the truth. Kill your smartphone.

Being a slave to technology is better than being at the mercy of nature. Back in the past, my ancestors would perish in great numbers because of simple natural events. Famines and droughts, they mean little in the civilized world today, but meant everything not even 200 years ago. We can't coexist with technology without it enslaving us.

Technology is God and will bring us closer to salvation. That is the truth.

Funny thing about the dudes manifesto(s). I've talked to family and neighbors who are old enough to remember his stuff being printed in the news papers. Almost universally, they report that large segments of the population found themselves agreeing with (or at the very least understanding) his message. Obviously nobody supported the tactics of the bombing campaigns.
However, when he was caught and found to look like a disheveled crazy man living in the woods people stopped agreeing with his ideas. Other terrorists are hypocrites but Ted was really living how he wanted everyone else to.

saturday night live: Unabomber's Class Reunion
nbc.com/saturday-night-live/season/season-40

Dude was a fucking prophet. Hey, even Jesus was persecuted.

He targeted people advancing the field of computer science. He was basically living the plot of Terminator 2. The darker tech gets the more his tactics, while extreme, make sense.

It ruined his message because it associated it with violence and being unhinged.

He apparently cared deeply about this but didn't really win anyone over in any significant way. In fact most people just remember some guy who went crazy and mailed people bombs, and "wouldn't that be so scary to open your mail and BOOM"

He fucking ruined his own work/cause.

These lone gunman/bomber types always do. They might see far more chess moves ahead of everyone else but the majority of people don't see those moves so they don't understand why someone like Kaczynski behaves the way he did.

Its the exact same thing with Breivik. Is diversity going to destroy the racial identity of the west and create the impetus for world gov? Yes. But to everyone he's an insane mass murder who slaughtered children. Most people don't even want to read about why he did it. Because of what he did they reject him and anything he says/writes immediately.

So the lesson is don't be a fucking idiot and destroy the validity of that which you fight for by murdering people.

Killing in defense is one thing. Murder is another.

You might be interested in the work of neil postman user.

youtube.com/watch?v=FRabb6_Gr2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=hlrv7DIHllE