The truth about Falkland's War

I listen to you, Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a202551.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Falklands don't exist, the war was staged on the moon.

Las falklands son britanicas

OP here, I totally agree. The typical Argensimian normie speech about the Falklands (or "Malvinas", *eugh* ) states a lot of bullshit sounding facts and memes. I want the truth.

the English are really salty about clay, they literally get more butthurt over it than Poland does over "polish death camps"

I've heard people say shit like "Our troops (arg) weren't ready for that type of combat, so young, they strangled themselves with the lifefloats"
I can't believe people repeat utterly stupid shit like that, gives me the cringies.

Both countries went into war with the main goal of distracting their people from their respectives political turmoils.
Argentina got buttfucking-backstabbed by every country, even the ones that pretended to help like the guys who sold them the missiles (was it France?).
Britain would have actually had a small chance of losing, had it not been for other countries' assistance and Argentina's backstabs.

just some light entertainment provided by brits for the pakis, make their integration funner.

British response was riddled with incompetent commanders, victorious anyway because third worlders make trash soldiers. Sorry argies.

Its true, I know British veterans who will always be disturbed over fighting the conscripts. There were professional Argentine soldiers there too but they were in a minority. Its unclear why Argentina chose to field its force, I think the general view is that they never expected to actually fight anyone.

The Argentine surrender was remarkably ungracious. Technically, the British had no reason to accept it as under Argentine law, the commanding officer had no authority to offer a surrender. However, they decided against massacring 11,000 troops, many of whom turned out to be terrified children and the terms were some of the most generous in the history of warfare (retention of flags, side-arms etc.).

Menéndez still however changed the "unconditional surrender" to "surrender". British command rolled its eyes. The Argentine kids then burned down some poor Falkand farmer's barn for no apparent reason. We then took responsibility for delivering them back to Argentina safely ourselves as the Argentines lacked the capacity to actually collect their own soldiers in a ship that the Argentines insisted they'd sunk some weeks previously.

All in all there is nothing for Argentina to get too salty about.

The Falklands is geographically Argentinian... but the population there is British. Just like Gibraltar is geographically Spanish... but the population is British.

I think in current year what the population wants should be more important than geography. Sorry to say, Argentine bro.

Pic related is Miss Lopez, ruler of Gibraltar, a staunch pro-nationalist Brit

I heard someone fucked a penguin and got it pregnant and that's what caused it

It was the last time Britain showed greatness. Now I'm reminded that both our counties are shadows of their former selves and it makes me sad.

Good men killing each other over some jewish-political shit.

Issue could have been solved if they all had some drinks and chatted over a braai.

Fuck Thacther.

The Brits are a like a drunk guy you let in to a party at your house. At first is all cool but after a few drinks he gets messy and starts smashing the place up. Then he tells you fuck off he's not leaving, finally he falls asleep after shitting on your carpet. Only problem then is that it takes you 800 years to wake him up and kick him out the door. Only then do you realize that the problem isn't over because you still have that steaming hot shit he left on your lovely carpet.

Also Brits love rocks and islands for some reason.

Read this in an Irish accent, 11/10

the truth is that it was a shitty uninhabited island that wound up being inhabited by 99.99% british people who are culturally even more british than your average brit in britain so it's completely natural that it should remain in britain's hands.

the irish are like niggers with white skin

Long story short
>many years ago, Britain take clay
>thirty years ago, Argentina say "gib clay back"
>Britain say "No. is no proof was you clay. Is my clay now"
>Argentina decide "You no gib clay, we take clay by force"
>Argentina invade clay and take it from a garrison of only 30 soldiers.
>Britain sends fleet of soldiers to get clay back
>British roll over Argentinians; 3-1 kill-death ratio.
>Argentina surrenders; Britain gets clay back
>Argentina still butthurt; say "gib clay back" incessantly for next thirty years.
>Britain say "git gud fag. Try it again now. I dare you, faggot."
>Argentina cannot into modern war against new, much better garrison force.
>Argentina grumbles like petulant child it is.

K:D wasn't that bad before they sank that one ship while it was retreating.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Fuck with the Royal Navy and the Royal Navy fucks with you.

I agree, but still... Leaves a bad taste. Kind of like throwing Kiwis and Ozzies at the Turks until they ran out of bullets.

>K:D wasn't that bad before they sank that one ship while it was retreating.

The Argentines were also not giving all they had into the fight. Because of political junta bullshit, the airforce was highly limited in how it could get involved, since the navy declared jurisdiction over the operations.

say that again after you defeat the emus

>actual white people BTFO mestizo beaners who LARP as whites on Sup Forums

who would have thought

most argies are med euros, not mestizos

We used the fighting as a case study on British attacks. We would have pushed their shit in if they came down our side.

WE

We should have never fought for them with the state our military and country was in. Don't believe the memers the military dictatorship did literally nothing right except from counterterrorism. Burned the economy, industrial, society and military apparatus down.

By right of conquer the Falklands belong to the British

Argentina should have hanged all the military leaders that participated in the coup for high treason. The only thing they did was keeping leftist terrorism at bay but at what cost. They weren't even militarymen and they got defeated by fucking Thatcher england of all Englands. As cancerous as populist governments. Cowards and useless small men who thought they could actually fight because the US told them they were good in the escuela de las americas

yes burger, we know, you wuz kangz and sheiit

Don't be retarded.

I don't believe that is really true. They lost 100 planes.

They lacked the necessary intelligence/logistic support really, especially considering the range at which they were operating.

Probably the only obvious thing to do would have been to make extending the runway at Port Stanley a day one priority after invading.

dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a202551.pdf

Realistically the attack was stupid and the UK could have seriously done some damage if they were prepared to strike at Argie homeland.

Allegedly the reason Mitterand gave up the missile codes was that Thatcher told him she was prepared to nuke Argentina.

There aren't many world leaders you'd really believe saying that but Thatcher would be close to the top of anyone's list I'd imagine. She was a stone-cold psychopath.

Falklands belong to Chile.

It belongs to the Jews obviously.

Thatcher was going to lose the election.
Luckily a war came at just the right moment.

The Falklands are geographically and historically part of Greater South Africa. They are ours due to proximity.

We had tactical nukes in the region. Launchable from naval launchers and droppable by aircraft. If we'd lost conventionally, we would have glassed the Falklands and maybe Argentina.
Look it up. Official line is the nukes were moved onto cargo ships and ferried away.

Kek.

>The government has always said there was never any question of resorting to the use of nuclear weapons in the dispute.
(From a guardian article)
Thats code for "the decision had already been made that they would be used if required".
Just saying.
The weapons were WE117.
Officially acknowledged as being present as anti-submarine depth charges.
But WE117s are gravity munitions, capable of being delivered by virtually any conventional means. The very fact they were there, shows how important Britain considered the islands.

Incorrect both territories you mention are British geographically.