Is doing student government in college actually worthwhile?

Is doing student government in college actually worthwhile?

no, full of cucks and faggot

Very familiar with college pictured user. In student government, almost everyone will be some sort of activist intent of finding ways to bring "much needed change" to the college, which, with the liberal bent just ends up translating to more SJW garbage being shoved down people's throats; most of which will be accepted by your peers if not outright supported. Unless you're some sort of charismatic Jim Jones-esque wizard genius, I doubt you can penetrate these people's thick fucking skulls and try to get them to appeal to anything that isn't apart of their dogmatic bullshit worldview.

How is WSU Greek life?

it's pretty strong, I'm an incoming freshman and I summer signed with a fraternity

>Unless you're some sort of charismatic Jim Jones-esque wizard genius
Jim Jones was also far-Left. That he was among the most convincing Communists doesn't mean he was converting anyone away from what they already wanted to believe.

I'm not a wizard genius, but i have pretty good social skills. pictured college is kinda conservative so I thought it might not be too bad. It seems like something I'd enjoy, but I'm not interested if it's just going to be a waste of time

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahHHHHH definitely not for cougar faggots LOLOLOLOLOLKOLOLOLOLOLOLELELELELELMAOMAOLMAO

Fuck no. I'm a Criminal Justice major in the Helms School of Government at LU and I've seen how many losers do that student government or those little clubs. It's for idiots who want to LARP as politicians.

>80% acceptance rate
holy fuck. Even a dog could get a degree there

LOL like it matters. Is your school even real? Fucking 80% acceptance rate. Shit sounds like they just give out degrees, dude.

>I'm an incoming freshman
Have you ever BEEN to campus? I was there for like half an hour and I swear I never want to go back. Nothing but poos and ayrabs as far as the eye can see.

You could have at least gone to UIdaho ten fucking miles away, where I saw two burkas and those were the only nonwhites

Well I mean they let anyone in so it's not like it's a selective college.

yeah well the school I wanted to go to is rensselaer polytechnic institute. I got accepted there but there was no way I could pay the insane tuition without going 100k+ in debt, even after they gave me decent financial aid. so yeah it might not be the most prestigious school but at least I'll get my degree debt free.

>debt free
I could get a job at McDonald's but that doesn't make it great.

Also 48k a year isn't a whole lot. I wanted to go to Wake Forest a while ago and their tuition is about 60k+ a year. Should have taken the gamble.

I'm doing mechanical engineering it doesn't even really matter where I go for undergrad. engineering is one of the schools better programs anyway

Maybe if you're Indian. Are you?

I'm white why

Only for experience to put on resume for something administrative related

Just wondering why you fell for the engineering meme

imo it would have been a mistake it's not worth going into crippling debt for a slightly better education

I've always enjoyed math and science and I like design a lot. This year I took AP calc and an engineering class and I really enjoyed both. it just seems like a good fit for me. also i heard the money is good

I feel that the quality matters. I mean I could have easily went to a community college to learn criminal justice and psychology but I decided to go to a much more expensive school which might not have been the best idea, but it's the one I'm going with.

I like math and science too but what I like even more is figuring out why people do what they do. I guess it's part of my high functioning autism to be curious as to what makes people tick.

And it really depends on where you go in terms of pay. Some people are engineers in Oklahoma and making less than a waitress.

college itself is not worthwhile unless your formal education is a direct necessity to entry into that field, i.e. law degree, medical degree, etc.

Oh bullshit. Do you have a degree?

probably not the best idea, that stuff is interesting but not super employable. I hope you aren't going into debt to pay for school

I agree with that, but what fucking planet are you living on where a degree is not a necessity for engineering

It's not super enjoyable? I want to be a detective. In order to do so, I need to know how people think or my ass won't be great at my job. And of course I'll take on debt. I have to since my parents aren't loaded and can pay 20k or so a year for my education.

GO COUGS!

Also it's Criminal Justice: Criminal Psychology so if I decide not to go into law enforcement, I can go at the grad level in psychology and make way more.

>unless your formal education is a direct necessity to entry into that field
Can you not read?

where are you getting this information

I've seen it. If an area has a low cost of living, your ass is making less.

ok well I'm not planning on living in Oklahoma and if you google the average salary of a waiter and the average salary of a mechanical engineer there's a pretty big difference.

>didn't read what the fuck I said at all
Look, kid, just because your professor said that you'll be making six figures upon graduation and build the next Trump Tower, you got conned.

I'm not an idiot I don't expect to make six figures at all but I also expect that I'll make more than a waiter

Yes, join a right wing political club and turn those pills black son! That's how the leftys fucked us and that's one of the ways we are going to fuck them back.

I didn't say waiter. I said waitress. Shit, people on Twitch could make more than you upon graduation, dude. I hate this myth that "oh if I get a degree in CompSci or engineering, I'll be rich"

Yeah if you get lucky which you aren't since you're on Sup Forums instead of doing something productive.

why are you so angry I never said I'd be rich and its summer not everything I do has to be productive. stop thinking you're so superior because you chose to go to a more expensive school with a lower acceptance rate

Not angry, you're just dumb. Could have went to a more prestigious school but instead you chose some dump.

it's not a dump, it's still a nationally ranked research university. if anything you're foolish for assuming you know everything about a school just because of its acceptance rate. anyway it's not a smart financial choice to go into significant debt for a criminal justice degree

Unless you want to irl shitpost and trigger sjws while making an ass out of yourself, not really. Muh student council qt is a nip meme.