Data center sever tech here AMA

AMERICAS data centers are very vulnerable. What do you guys want to know?

WHATS A DATA CENTER?

Where a portion of internet traffic is basically ran out of. Critical information for data is stored and sent to which ever computer is requesting said information. This is in the most simplest terms.

The one I work in is located in a building with two foot thick poured concrete walls.

Put them on some underwear or clothes
They're only vulnerable because they're naked and asking for it

How can you get a job like that?

I'm not talking about bombs I'm talking about shit skins that work inside and sleep on the job or workers with no background checks with access.
Why you so one dimensional?

Ex military IT dude. Went to school and took basic electrical theory classes.

My red-pilled father writes policy for federal datacenters. Don't worry. Change is coming.

>muh federal data centers are safe
If a visa data center went down that would cost millions per second of lost revenue. I'm taking about crashing the economy.

I want to know about Implants (Breast ext.) and the medical industry for knowledge of the side effects, deadly and otherwise deleterious.

So youre saying that if say, I wanted to crash the economy all I'd have to do is bullshit my way onto the job, then take a piss on some of those big expensive machines?

Yes. Not even lying. 15/hr security running this place at night.

>what do you want to,know
Vulnerabilities obviously..
Start with the funny ones like changing some cults cursor to a pulsating anus and go from there

Server farm or colocation facility?

Colo

Don't do that

Well then WTF user? Were all sitting around on our piles of guns and MREs praying for it all to end, and there you are. With access to all this ultimate happening level equipment just earning $15 an hour?

Wtf man? You know what you need to do! Just fuckin do it already!

All im hearin from you is that you have the ability to be the hero who SHUTS IT DOWN! for good and arent doing anything cuz you make 15 bucks an hour. You could purge it all. The ZOG usury, the globalist econony, fuckin everything weve dreamed of oblitorating for YEARS.

But your pittance of a paycheck is holding you back. Are you a true Sup Forumslak or did you sell your soul to (((them))) for fifteen dollars an hour at a time?

Boxers or briefa?

Do you work for IBM?

I make 35 per hour managing this site. I'm talking about the 15/hr vulnerabilities of shit skin security.

Your reading comprehension is terrible. Did you even graduate from high school?

No, and even if i did I wouldn't be dumb enough to disclose that.

Any Muslims working there? Heard any rumors about terrorism and data centers? Is your data center just part of some private business or is it more important than that--in your estimation?

Polyester adidas boxer briefs. Preferably ones with the pouch in the front

Do the poos actually observe proper toiler hygiene?

What was the most screwed up thing you've seen on the job?

Why not? I used to work for softlayer

finally a real question! Yes we have a lot of Muslims working here. No background checks, they can barely speak English, and you can tell they hate America. These guys can easily be swooned into selling vulnerabilities to a jihadi

What is so vulnerable about them? How are people able to exploit these vulnerabilities?

Most messed up thing is emergency generator fuel leaking into sewers and covering it up

How many servers did you have to reboot? Did you make your rounds checking the A/C units?

Shit nigga I work for an ISP. If a colo gets fucked up that's gonna cause massive internet disruptions. I don't think people realize how much traffic goes through a colo. Literally tens of thousands of 10G and 100G circuits go through colos.

>No background checks

As the manager of the site you should really implement background checks. Get your shit together, OP.

Emergency generators can be destroyed easily. Switchboards can be lit on fire. That along will bring the power down long enough to destroy a business. We are talking long term shut downs

He still has to get the approval of (((HR))).

Security is contracted out. Some shitskin handles security

I think OP is full of shit. Probably manages a mop and bucket.

Exactly!!!

AC units are monitored by engineers. Rebooting?

If you're the so called manager of the site you could fire the shitskin and hire someone competent to handle security.

Ask me to do something specific with a time stamp

Oh okay, I thought you meant they were vulnerable in terms of malicious shit being able to come through the network.

Any idea where you guys send all your old hardware to? I'm an amateur data analyst and 10 TB of disk space is not nearly enough for me.

Is your facility in a major city that begins with one of the following letters?

C
D
A
P
S

Each space is leased out to a customer. I represent a customer. I rent a room basically. My company agreed to the services provided, shit skin security

Yes

I'm sure shit tons, Tech companies love SJW policies.

I don't really care. Handle the problem if you're the manager.

Yeah, server tech. It's just code word for someone that gets a call/support email to check a server out and hardboot if needed. Maybe hook up a terminal and check it out. Mostly tech companies that use colo have their own staff that handles the real work. People at data centers just rack and monitor.

Sorry, I mean at the NOC. ;)

It gets destroyed. No chances for recovered data.

Which one?

What does your boss think of this?

what is in the center of data center?
how do I enter the data center?
Do hackers eat steroids?
WHO IS THIS 4 CHAN?

How the hell do you know that the security company doesn't execute background checks?

Piss on the flux capacitor

It depends on the Colo. The larger ones my company uses in have people onsite who can go in a cage and check optics and clean fibers if needed. For a small fee of course...

Makes sense. Why don't they just wipe the drives though? If you wipe and rewrite all bits on a drive once it's impossible to recover anything.

yea because data centers can only be accessed via physical access through walls and not from the outside at all right?

A good amount of revenue would be lost, good thing mudslimes are too fucking stupid to realize what you just did

Well, shit.

I don't know much about this stuff, so I just did a little basic searching and found that there are some 1667 colo data centers in the USA. Do you think some kind of mass sabotage is likely to occur, OP? Or that the biggest/most important ones are being targeted? Is there anything we should be doing to prepare if so?

If I want to make a suggestion it just goes in one ear and out the other. Everything is contracted out, so nobody cares.

eventually, they will be attacked, this will only come when the shit skins make the connection that the world runs on the internet, they still live in caves user

Clearly if it's shit security there's nothing of value on those servers.

So what EXACTLY would happen if one, five, or ten data centers went down?

Lots of money lost

Good point. As far as muslims go, though, all it'll take is one smarter one getting a clue though, like the kid who put together the Paris attacks... I don't think it'll come from their handlers because they'd be too inconvenienced themselves. On a side note, I wonder why there haven't been any happenings of that nature lately. (((Someone))) doesn't think it's a good idea? Perhaps they figured out that it may strengthen Trump and his support.

Give me a second to respond driving home

These companies pay millions of dollars per month to pay rent. They make tens of millions of dollars per month. There are only 2 sources of energy: emergency diesel gens and normal city power. Both are easily accessible.

You work at QTS senior OSC engineer here. You a cable monkey if I had to guess

Ask me for proof and I will give it to you. First hand knowledge not anything that you can find online.

I think your Electric 'infrastructure' in the fucking US is WAY more vulnerable then your datacenter...

You either work at the metro/Suwanee colo. Explain what the mega different between the two sites are. Pretty sure if you work there I know who you are.

The fuck is goin on here?

Or explain the 3 levels of DCO

caseless computing user

How do you hack?

With no survivors? :D

Sup Forums meme

I remember that thread!

I'm over this thread guys. THe next attack will be against data centers. Most bang for your buck. Crypto currencies will take a hit based off ignorance on the stability of the mysterious internet, then rise. Portions of the internet will be down and services will not be available. Stock for companies affected will take a major hit.

So tired of captcha

Did I spook you OP. You are a QTS guy and you work in metro Atlanta?

go up to settings and change to legacy captcha....just filling in words, very easy. the regular captcha is hell

Yes im spooked but you'll never guess exactly who.

>These guys can easily be swooned into selling vulnerabilities to a jihadi
why do you think they haven't yet?

Nigga I can literally pull badge hits all night and do an inquiry. I'm not gonna though. You aren't sec so you are either DCO/OSC

>15/hr security running this place at night.
lol. this is true of most of corporate america. million dollar security systems, the best technology, triple redundancy, and the cheap fucking bastards go and hire anybody with a pulse to "guard" it.

Stop talking like a nigger and do it already. I am on my PC at home. I am OP.

A bunch of computers. That's it.
Show us a shell prompt

Concur.

Just because they work at a Datacenter doesn't mean they have access to vulnerabilities and surely most of them are working in helpdesk or some other dumbass jobs..

You're not important. Do you have a TS clearance?

omg you guys are so gay.
So as far as facilities go, companies save money by contracting out all services: Engineering, security, electricians, and IT. Engineering is very vulnerable for the fact of the amount of power sources that are available. If you wanted to ground a power line, a drone or a giant balloon would do the trick. a molotov cocktail can destroy a transformer effectively rendering all power useless for the building.

you ever ask your self what other business requires high security, lots of electricity, and chilled and filtered air. wonder how many "datacenters" are actually grow houses.

Next up we'll have a garbageman posting about how AMERICAS TRASHCANS are vulnerable because you can "put them on fire" and "pour the trash out"

Nah he works in Atlanta, for a company called QTS.

I had a secret clearance in the military. I work private.

Then I don't care. I go to a university in Virginia and I really don't think OP is anything but a fucking LARPer

>had
just kys

I used to work security at a huge data center with customers ranging from all the big banks operating in norway to the police and military.

all it literally would take is to lock urself in one of the vaults and let all hell break loose. if you lock properly they can't even bomb their way in to you.

what do you want to know

good for 10 years. private companies don't need security clearances.