The 27-year old man — unnamed due to Austrian privacy laws — also was found guilty on Monday of belonging to a...

The 27-year old man — unnamed due to Austrian privacy laws — also was found guilty on Monday of belonging to a terrorist organization due to his affiliation with Hamas, the Palestinian terror group that has ruled Gaza since seizing it in 2007.

He was sentenced to life in prison.

The six-member jury delivered its verdict after prosecutors presented evidence that the man called on others through social media to kill victims in Jerusalem. They cited his statements expressing pride in being a Hamas member, and noted that he had served a nine-year prison sentence in Israel for terror acts against the Jewish state.

I have no love for Jihadist, just as little as I have for jews. The sentence is fine by me, if it wasn't for the incarceration costs.
Better to off him.
Freedom of speech can never cover people calling to murder others.

>Freedom of speech can never cover people calling to murder others.
I disagree. There is a line between aiding and abetting and just randomly calling for the murder of people.

If I were to say "kill all Russians", why should I be sentenced to life in prison? Even someone says "kill Putin", he shouldn't be in prison for life.

Thought crime is wrong. Let us imprison people for life who actually do stuff. If the guy had wired money to Hamas so they can kill Jews or bought them grenades, fine, imprison him for life, but not for thought crime.

Had he said kill all the Austrians, it would have been a "OK, we know you are escaping from war, but don't say this next time!"

But alas, it was the chosen people of the StGB, so life sentence was inevitable.

Usually I'd say you are right, but he is apparently a member of a terrorist organisation.
That's very different from a random guy on Sup Forums hating on Russians, Germans or jews.
In court this makes a great difference.

Also in the US calling for murdering people is not covered by free speech laws.
You can there say almost anything, you can create the most vile propaganda and push it as much as you desire, but you can't step over the line where you call people to murder someone.

Good, paleostains are the lowest and stupidest of all Arabs, which is really saying something. Their sense of hygiene is NEET tier (cockroaches swarming all over their juice stands, mould in the warming trays for their shwarma, use of rancid congealed fat in the place of milk in the coffee) . I'd gladly watch those sub humans get gassed, so I would

I would punish this too if he's in a terrorist organisation that is known to regularly kill Austrians.
I just wonder about the life sentence, that seems harsh to me.
It's better to deport such a person from where ever he came after making him suffer for some time in prison.

>Also in the US calling for murdering people is not covered by free speech laws.
Not entirely correct. Your call for murdering people must end up in an imminent danger for an illegal crime which is likely to be carried out. If someone posts on Facebook "kill xyz", that test is not met.

------

The Supreme Court has held that "advocacy of the use of force" is unprotected when it is "directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action" and is "likely to incite or produce such action".[1][2] In Brandenburg v. Ohio (1969), the Supreme Court unanimously reversed the conviction of a Ku Klux Klan group for "advocating ... violence ... as a means of accomplishing political reform" because their statements at a rally did not express an immediate, or imminent intent to do violence.[3] This rule amended a previous decision of the Court, in Schenck v. United States (1919), which simply decided that a "clear and present danger" could justify a congressional rule limiting speech. The primary distinction is that the latter test does not criminalize "mere advocacy".

Just wait until they start giving out life sentences to poltards for talking about white genocide. You won't be laughing then.

Yeah, but that's the point I'm trying to make by pressing the fact that he was found to be part of a terrorist organisation that engages in killing Jewish civilians.
I didn't know though that there was such a legal exception in the US, but it matches with what I would feel is right.
Someone shitposting on Sup Forums is obviously not going to cause someone getting murdered, some Hamas operative calling for killing jews is much more likely going to get someone killed.

>some Hamas operative calling for killing jews is much more likely going to get someone killed.

He was just shitposting on Facebook and was ranting on whatsapp to his friends from Gaza. I am not saying this dude isn't a massive faggot terrorist, I am saying that he wasn't aiding and abetting murders.

I rather have him deported than costing Europe 2 million euros for housing him the next 30 years.

>dis nigga

You know full well (or maybe you dont) he would come around again, maybe not Austria, maybe some other european country.

If poltards ever got organised and powerful enough that some random post could regularly cause people to actually die then it would be right to punish in these cases.
Imagine it was like that for a moment. Any random post of some guy calling for us to kill XYZ would in most cases get people killed from group XYZ.
Would you be fine with people continuing to do that, since they would know at that point that calling for murdering XYZ would likely really get people killed.

>some Hamas operative calling for killing jews is much more likely going to get someone killed.
is was bri'ish tier and it was on Austria

That's the thing I can't tell these days. Are the trial results bogus bullshit (like you said, some guy shitposting on Facebook) or was this really a coordinated effort to get people killed.
I guess that's the problem we all have these days.

>or was this really a coordinated effort to get people killed.
The dude was fleeing Hamas in 2015 to Egypt to get to Europe. He was then mouching off the Austrian gibsmee system all of 2016, shitposting on the internet. I doubt he was some devious mastermind coordinating massive attacks in Jerusalem. If that were the case, why in the world would he be living in some refugee camp in Austria?

so when do they start arresting all those imams?

Taking any action against them would mean (select your favorite) -ism on our part and would radicalize the otherwise moderate muslims.

>"kill all whites!"
>media silence
>"kill all Je-"
>HORRIBLE HATE CRIMES COMITTED SENTENCED FOR LIFE
ok

Lol yes you can you stupid Austrian cuck faggot. You can threaten to kill almost anyone just as long as you don't have the present ways and means to carry out said threat. Dumb nigger.

Meanwhile in based germany