Not smart enough for STEM

I'm too dumb for stem. I graduated high school without learning algebra.( military family. Forced to go to all black schools) i am a nontraditional student now. I can't even do long division. Is nursing a good alternative to stem? Can someone redpoll on good degrees that are worth studying for? Like criminal justice, homeland security or law?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JcnChnrHwXg
allnurses.com/general-nursing-student/is-nursing-considered-1026662.html
forbes.com/sites/sarahhedgecock/2016/03/29/is-nursing-a-stem-field-does-it-matter/
forbes
archive.is/pr798
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanities
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

At least you're not a nigger

Just get a trade. You'll have great job security and make a decent amount of cash.

But I already brought the nursing text books

Is that picture photoshop?

Fucking rent an appropriate level textbook from the library and just read through it. It's not that hard and it won't take you that long. Don't be a pussy.

you need to learn algebra to get into trades.

Nursing is hard as balls. I hope you have a good memory and lots of time/dedication.

you dont need to be smart for stem. just fucking read the manuals

www.djm.cc/library/Calculus_Made_Easy_Thompson.pdf

Nigger has no idea what he's looking at

>buying textbooks
You can download everything nowadays.

This. There's absolutely no reason for anyone not to be somewhat decently educated in this day and age. Borrow/rent a text book, read through the appropriate sections, and attempt the corresponding questions. If you need further explanations about principles and solutions, YouTube is a fucking fantastic substitute for a tutor (you can learn almost anything on YouTube). The only thing preventing you from learning what you need to get a job is you.

You can learn some highschool level Math for free on the Khan Academy, it's worth checking if you're interested.

Nowadays Sup Forums would say everything except those ridiculous gender and race studies are redpilled, kek

1. take an IQ test - find out your potential
2. look up IQ averages for different degrees
3. you could either be uneducated (through no fault of your own), or be limited by your IQ
4. if you dont have a 115+ IQ, do something like a trade
5. if you have an IQ of 115+, look into doing a stem subject you're interested in

The world needs ditch-diggers too.

>Nursing is hard as balls.
How? It's a woman dominated field.

Someone needs to add homeland security and Star Trek studies

Long hours, shit pay suppressed by immigration, having to keep up with new protocols, recertification every few years and all that trouble to keep niggers, fatties and boomers alive.

Algebra's easy to learn if you're actually taught it

I have an advanced stem degree and am thinking about doing criminal justice, law enforcement or military so youre on the right track user

Law enforcement and military need nurses. I can put with a lot.

>nursing
>Wanting to look after boomers in old age.....

Male nurses also get a lot of tail.

Just learn the math, dude. There are all kinds of ways to learn it yourself. Although, starting at long division is starting at retarded.

>law
If you're too dumb to do algebra or long division, you're not going to get into law school. Ever hear of the LSAT?

Where do you live. Where I lived in the state, HVAC guys got paid really well. Not super easy work but good pay and honest work.

go to a vocational school

>Ever hear of the LSAT?
The U.S army light machine program to replace the FN mini?

So does education on military bases suck that badly, or did you just not take your education seriously?

>Nigger has no idea what he's looking at

Sure he does. He's gonna solder the hard drive to the motherboard while saving the planet by not using any electricity or solder.

Combinations of both. But In my defense. I was more worried about avoiding nigger gang fights than learning algebra.

>British
>(Pakistan)

well, that is a true shame

Why did you choose nursing?

Learn to drive a forklift.

No job uses math these days anyway, it's all fucking calculators.

it is but op sounds like he's trying to avoid it

women are tech wizards in china tho.. and they are hot too.
youtube.com/watch?v=JcnChnrHwXg

Do a trade and make good money OP, unless you are mentally handicap you can do basic algebra with some effort and can then learn one.

Anyone who voted for trump is a bitch ass nigger Jew

If your really think trump isn't a puppet like the rest then idk even see a point in having a discussion with you

>not smart enough for STEM
>can't into division
OP, you are obsolete and the State has no use for your kind.

Does that State have a refurbishment program?

of sorts

Lmao, dumb white boi can't even do algebra... Nigga I'm getting full college credits for Calculus AB and BC. Boi.

is 29 too old to go back and get a trade?

LE only takes certain people of certain lifestyles. Lots of bible thumpers.

Intel(DHS is LE + intel) is more lenient in some cases, but you need mad skillz or mil record to get into anything beyond deputy sheriff.

Not to be pushy, but the military is actually in need of male nurses. Basic is a meme now, and assumming you aren't actively shooting crystal meth or heroin you can go to a community college, learn nursing, then become a military nurse.

You would already be in law school if you were really meant to be a lawyer. Stay away from that shit IMO. Paralegal work is entertaining and the pay is great if you know what you're doing.

The next 8 years is going to be your best bet for getting into the mil(and by extension what you actually want) if you are relatively level headed.

Just don't forget that this shit doesn't come without a cost. If any of your family members hold clearance and work in LE or whatever, consult with them first. Shit is stressful.

Oh yeah and also learn math in some form. If you don't fall into the regular catagory in math, get some computer science certs or a degree. It's very, very useful.

This is all of course you're an American or commonwealther. Other countroes function entirely on nepotism and bribery.

>CNC
It only takes 6 mo to a year when I did it. It's inputting some info into a big machine for $15-$30 an hour

>I'm too dumb for stem.
Find a local union hall, and sign up for an apprenticeship. Unless you are a total retard fat-body you could be an electrician or even a carpenter.

>just a few years away from getting muh electrical engineering degree
>hate it more and more with every passing day
Don't do it unless you're a turbo autist, hate yourself or just have the patience of an angel. Shit's really hard and something like 70% of it is abstract theoretical garbage instead of something useful you can apply.

I'm not sure these people are holding the tool wrong by their choice. The person in charge of taking the photo is the real retard. Or they could be having them hold it that way because it "looks better" that way.

This is why I like civil eng. Sure it's baby math but it's interesting and useful baby math.

Actual Murse here.

Difficult but not inordinately so.
AMA.

You can use MOOCs and take as long as you want.

Don't learn just for the job or the diploma, but so you can do stuff for yourself.

Also check out hackerspaces - just be careful of the SJWs.

>mfw my mech an aerospace friends never fucking shut up about their free body diagrams
Yeah I get it, you have complicated shit to do, you don't have to keep reminding me when I have my own circle of hell.

Nurse here (male)

These days you're expected to know as much as the doctor because we are supposed to be making sure they don't make mistakes. If we follow an order that ends up causing the patient harm then the nurse is just as fucked as the doctor except the doctor will probably still have a job.

Also, nurses take all the shit from the patient, we are the punching bag.

Pay is pretty good though TBQH.

hey m8, don't forget go crazy if people call you a faggot, take it in stride, be a good nurse don't go all lizzie wellwater or w.e tf

whoops, may delete that in case you do lmfao
I meant don't go crazy lol

> tfw 150+ IQ
> in Mathematics
> mfw Mathematics doesn't transcend "Unbelievable Tier"

>jobs rated by employment
>Mathematics
I'm sorry leaf but that 300k starting was a meme.

Mathematical Finance undergrad,
Masters of Statistics,
PhD ??

Imma get me dat 300k niqqa

Learn plumbing or something. At least you won't be useless.

Good plumbing is an art.

Am I fucking myself over by going into mech? Shit looks scary and I never had problems in Math and Physics. Going into mech this fall, your pic related looks interesting though. What's it about?

>be in lab tech school
>some overlap with courses nursing students take (A & P, for example)
>Junior and senior year, higher level courses split, nurses take watered down retard versions of things like microbio and Ochem.
>now spend my days answering idiot questions from buttfuck retarded nurses

The point being nursing probably is a realistic option for OP desu. The amount of retards who make it through is unbelievable.

Most people suck at learning things themselves.

>300k in NYC or Chicago
Enjoy feeling poor. Seriously.

I'm Canadian tho

For those of a similar mindset, see if your uni offers a program called Engineering Technology or similar. Essentially it's an in between for those who are smarter than a standard technician, but not quite cut out for full blown engineering (for whatever various reasons).

ET gives you the practical knowledge as well as the practical experience that's needed to excel in whatever tech field your doing.

I'm not a mech, those formulae are a mathematical representation of a signal convolution. Without going into details, it shows what happens when two signals combine and produce a whole new signal function. Mech engis deal a whole lot more with vector shit.

Those of you thinking of doing engineering, this is pretty basic engineering math, you should be able to solve this.

Most majors will require some form of calculus. As odd as it sounds the difficulty tapers off after sophomore year. The first 2 years they try and weed you out. That's why you see like 20-25% dropout rates in some majors.

After that your main issue is getting a C versus a B. So if you can do community college, learn some calculus and hard science along the way, you can try and transfer into a state school and sort of coast through the upper division courses.

No idea about Mechies but I had to know plenty of differential equations, but they were pretty simple PDE's compared to the crazy shit they throw at you in lower division Differential Equations.

Wow someone is starting to know why the phrase shit rolls down hill exists, step your game up faggot.

>No anti-static wrist strap
What primitive times they live in

That's linear algebra and differential equations so high school students won't know it. Is the solution for number 2 just the quadratic formula and a few other steps? I'm teaching myself calc 2 soon

Get a job with the govt. That doesn't require any skills. Like DMV. Something with ability to make side money by selling ID's or ppls information.

>he thinks STEM is the only way to make money.
Grow up, and think outside of memes you autist.

>Psychology
>shit tier

Bitch has no idea.

That Iron is touching the plastic header, that shit is going to melt.

>Is nursing a good alternative to stem?

Nursing is STEM. They do anatomy/physiology/pathophysiology and pharmacology. They do some basic math and chem.

Hate to break it to you, but if you're shitty at math, you won't do well in medicine. You don't have to do advanced math, but a firm grip on algebra is required.

>learn to drive a forklift
Are there really places that'll hire you just to drive a forklift around all day?

Hours are fine (some places even give you a full 40 hour paycheck for 36hrs work), pay is great, wtf immigration!?, and recertification simply involves renewing your license (ie paying some cash). Or we talking about being a Britbong nurse?

>Nursing is STEM
No it's not

Yes it is. It's basically medicine light. I've done both.

What proof do you have that it isn't STEM?

>What proof do you have that it isn't STEM?
allnurses.com/general-nursing-student/is-nursing-considered-1026662.html

forbes.com/sites/sarahhedgecock/2016/03/29/is-nursing-a-stem-field-does-it-matter/

Straight to archive

>forbes com/sites/sarahhedgecock/2016/03/29/is-nursing-a-stem-field-does-it-matter
archive.is/pr798

If you are good at reading there's always the (((humanities))).

>If you are good at reading there's always the (((humanities
What's a humanities?

>Humanities are academic disciplines that study aspects of human culture. In the Middle Ages, the term contrasted with divinity and referred to what is now called classics, the main area of secular study in universities at the time. Today, the humanities are more frequently contrasted with natural, and sometimes social, sciences as well as professional training.[1]

>The humanities use methods that are primarily critical, or speculative, and have a significant historical element[2]—as distinguished from the mainly empirical approaches of the natural sciences,[2] yet, unlike the sciences, it has no central discipline.[3] The humanities include ancient and modern languages, literature, philosophy, geography, religion,[4] art and musicology.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanities

What the fuck. We did algebra in year 5 and 6. Grade 5 and 6 for the americanos

There's literally nothing wrong with majoring in Humanities fields. Especially Philosophy (hella smart people)

Even I know better than that. And I graduated from a Detroit high school

If you want to have any influence or insight into culture, history, law, politics you have some sort of interest in the humanities!

That article uses forum posts as a source and even it admits it either is or isn't. There is significant conjecture on the subject. But I'm glad you figured out how to use google and post literally the first result.

However, if you'd actually been to university you'd know forum posts and editorials aren't valid sources. You're simply being lazy and aren't reading/thinking. Even that article says the litmus test for a being a STEM degree is scientific research.

I don't know how the US handles it, but I'd assume anyone that does their honors year of a BSN (Bachelors of Science- Nursing) has done research. Anyone with a Masters of Science- Nursing (required for N.P.) or anyone with a PHD in Nursing has done/is doing research. I know there are many in my university at PHD level with scientific research grants, doing scientific trials for nursing research in areas such as wound care management. So that blows "your" (the first result on googles) opinion out of the water. Try again.

Additionally. When I did my BA in Nursing and moved onto my Doctor of M.D, much of what I learned for the first two years was just revision. If nursing isn't STEM neither is Medicine.

>what I learned for the first two years was just revision
That's clearly bullshit. Ask any college in the U.S. nursing isn't stem.

Try reading a basic algebra book. Just understand basic algebra puts you ahead of almost every nigger on STEM, because they all struggle with it no matter how much they try to learn it.

Go back to your google results and you'll find that is a false statement right off the bat. Here I'll do it for you. I know it must have been a great strain for you to type into google, Mr University expert.

I highly doubt if you asked a US college if their Bachelors of Science or Masters of Science (Nursing Major) degrees were STEM, they'd say no. PHD level Nursing is indisputably Science/Medicine.