Is it possible to return to Christianity after having rejected it for years?

Is it possible to return to Christianity after having rejected it for years?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=kFtI_mVOXbQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Luke 15:11-32

Always possible.

God knows us and loves us anyway, Thank you, Jesus

Yes
Knock off the liberal/jewish "GOD LOVES YOU"

YOU MUST CONFESS YOUR SINS AND ASK FOR FORGIVENESS ALSO STOP BEING A FILTHY PROMISE BREAKER

Never been baptized.

I'm okay with it.

I've seen too much shit on this planet. I'll take perma-death so I can at least forget about it one day.

I've never forgotten this story. Thank you

I don't know. My brain hurts from trying to understand the world. I feel like my soul is weary. I was raised Protestant, but am thinking of becoming Catholic. Evangelicalism is like an old shirt that doesn't quite fit anymore, but I'm not comfortable with the new shirt yet. We're all on a journey..

Yes that's the point.

The trick with being Catholic is you realize you have a responsibility to what the Vatican does. Unfortunately everyone is shirking that responsibility.

Yes, of course.

Remember the Prodigal Son?

Luke 15:11–32

Go thou and do likewise!

I was raised Catholic. Seeing the corruption within it growing up, I would consider others, honestly

>I've seen too much shit on this planet. I'll take perma-death so I can at least forget about it one day.
same

Of course it is, my brother. I spent most of my 20's as an Agnostic/spiritual twat. Come back.

There's no perfect church in this world.
God does exist though.

>return to worshipping the king of the Jews when I know Caesar and plato

Baptist is the way.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Begome galvinis.
Really look into Reformed Theology, my friend. Just go to (((youtube))) and look up James White's debates with Roman Catholics, Muslims, Mormons, Various other Protestants.

Try this too. If, in your research on which Church you should join, you come across a teaching that you instantly and completely disagree with, do actual research on both sides. Listen to debates. Read books or articles from people who have this point of view to know why they believe it instead of just re-constructing an echo chamber of your perception of God and His Church.

I wouldbrather worship Caesar Emperor of the Romans then worship the king of the Jews that wrought nothing but Jewish theology.

One thing that started turning me away originally was that I was Catholic, but my best friend was a Jehovah's Witness. They were a lot more strict about their teachings and practices. But we would often compare our beliefs and interpretations of the Bible and its translations (ours often being King James while his was New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures). Some of that contributed to me questioning it altogether.

Though, reading Might is Right and The God Delusion helped turn me away from it altogether

Of course it is. You could stray your whole life and Jesus would still accept you back. He's cool like that.

Jesus doesn't call himself the king of the jews and he says the jews are antichrists and the synogogue of satan.

KJV is the best
m.youtube.com/watch?v=kFtI_mVOXbQ

Also Jehova Witnesses are completely different than other denomanations

>Read books or articles from people who have this point of view to know why they believe it instead of just re-constructing an echo chamber of your perception of God and His Church.
Of course. But the problem is that these disagreements are allowed to begin with. I get that it's likely because God would want His followers to understand the teachings and make the correct decision, but then there would be a lot of followers who are on the wrong path. That said, it could also be a case of maybe not taking the words strictly as some do and generally living by whatever morals are conveyed in the passages. Not seeing the forest for the trees, as it were

Yes, and if you're teetering about coming back you definitely should.

Jesus fulfilled replaced the Jewish theology.

The current "Jews" today seek nothing but to continue the previous doctrine, and destroy the Christian church. As they were predicted to

Look behind you, faggot. See that solitary set of footprints in the sand? They belong to Jesus and he's tired of carrying your ass. Walk beside him for a while, you aren't exactly in shape and could use the exercise.

The founding fathers of Christianism, Paul if Tarsus and Augustin of Hipona rejected it for a long period of their lives