HAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHA

>AT&T Mulling Sell-Off Of Major Assets Under Turner After Time Warner Merger

>AT&T expects the Justice Department to approve its $85 billion acquisition of Time Warner, and for the deal to close, by year end. The telco has already named longtime exec John Stankey to be CEO of AT&T’s media properties. He’s leading the Time Warner Merger Integration Planning Team, working with Time Warner CEO Jeff Bewkes.

>CBS has long had its eye on CNN. The broadcast company’s CEO, Les Moonves, said at Herb Allen’s Sun Valley retreat last month that he would be interested if the cable news network became available. Neither CBS or AT&T would comment.

>For TMZ, Deadline was told that AT&T is considering a sale to a private equity company. “They don’t want any controversy,” one source with knowledge of AT&T’s intentions says, adding that the communications giant may also be looking to sell other properties under Turner.

>Selling CNN might help avoid a different kind of controversy for AT&T: President Donald Trump loathes the news network. That could be troublesome for telco CEO Randall Stephenson. His company frequently does business with the FCC, now controlled by Trump appointees.

archive.is/8OklS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=83OILqFV1gw
archive.is/8OklS
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Czeched.

youtube.com/watch?v=83OILqFV1gw

>> John Stankey

The fuck?

Greatest name ever

I hope they get sold for ducking pennies on the dollar, purge all their top "talent" and have a right wing news outlet take them over. If Fox News buys them I'll literally shit my pants.

>CNN getting dumped by a guy named John Stankey.

>ducking pennies

Mods! Phoneposter alert

Unlikely, CNN made $1 billion in profit last year thanks to the election

>>CBS has long had its eye on CNN.
Just thinking about all of the layoffs this will create gets me hard

For the AT&T and Time Warner merger, CNN is pennies in the bigger picture.

The CEO for AT&T has donated to the Trump admin.

With the purchase of Time Warner, AT&T gets these and others:

HBO (Everything)
Warner Bros (Film studio)
Comedy Central
Etc. Etc.

In the bigger picture, CNN is nothing for AT&T.

AT&T is trying to get into the Original content game like Netflix, so buying HBO and Warner Bros is a huge deal.

You know who has the keys to allow for the merger?

That's right, Trump's new FCC chief.

So AT&T can buy Time Warner and cut a deal with FCC to dump CNN.

Dumping and selling CNN will mean it doesn't have the clout of Time Warner (a behemoth) behind them.

This means, CNN will get less distribution and it will likely be removed from Airports, gyms, etc, and it will just become another "Entertainment Tonight" kind of "News" channel.

Trump has known this for a very long time and holds the cards in his hand.

He's not a buffoon after all...

The brand is toxic, though. No long term future.

explain

They will downsize CNN if it's sold off.

Right now, Time Warner pretty much has unlimited funding for CNN.

It will likely be removed from a lot of places.

End of an era, really. CNN has helped Clinton and liberals throughout the years.

Yeah selling CNN is like removing dead weight.

I'm
Surprised cbs wants to buy them - I guess their tag line will be "under new management"

because the massive overlap with CBS news and CNN

Classic

What is this picture
What

Communist Nosferatu Network,aka (((CNN))) will go BANKRUPT. KEK wills it.

>OYVEY!!!!!! the Goyim shut down CNN!!!!!!!!

AT&T just wants to be more like Xfinity which in itself was an abomination of a merger when it gained control over NBC/Universal. It's just more consolidation of control grasping American media and it sucks to say the least.

CNN falling out of distribution like that might be a fantasy because it's still legit American propaganda so somebody is gonna want to pick that up.

Your image is gr8 bait and helps me ignore your redditspacing. AT&T is pretty much just printing money ever since they acquired DirecTV though
>source: AT&T employee

Basically, yes. AT&T wants to become the Wal*Mart of communications and entertainment, since now all the good little goyim can pay them $2-400/mo for everything all at once:
>TV
>cellphone
>home phone
>internet

The future is original programming.

The cordcutters are killing cable/tv companies because people want a-la-cart service.

Drive around town and you'll see "AN AT&T ORIGINAL SERIES" for new TV shows.

AT&T wants to be your internet service AND have original content (which is why they want to buy Time Warner, which has HBO and Warner Bros. as it's big enchilada).

The rest of the crap like Comedy Central and CNN, they don't care about.

>t. I work in the film/tv industry

They better not fuck with Dune.

jews tried to Shut Down Sup Forums, looks like (((CNN))) will be shut down instead!!!!!!

With Jews, you never lose, but in this case that may not be true :^)

i still think Cohen Nosferatu Network will go Bankrupt though. and thats good, because jews lose one of their most Important assets.

Checked.

YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!

ayyo john take a shower nigga you stankey

>archive.is/8OklS
checked
"There are rumblings at the highest executive levels..."

>Cohen Nosferatu Network

I like it

Is bones reconstructing hillary's blackberry?

Die CNN, die.

>CNN will get less distribution and it will likely be removed from Airports, gyms, etc, and it will just become another "Entertainment Tonight" kind of "News" channel.

AHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Rest in peace, shill news network.

Quads confirm. Gas the central banks, Fascist ethno revolution now!