The James Webb Space Telescope is a colossal waste of money

Initial budget was $500 million, grew to $8.8 billion and is over 10 years behind schedule ($8 billion from the US, you're welcome). So $10 billion essentially for some pictures that won't even look nice.

And they've made the thing so fucking complicated there's about a 0% chance that it's even going to launch and deploy properly. I fucking hope the thing blows up on the launchpad so we never fund horseshit like this again

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fePQdJNVF9g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are you into flat earth? What are your thoughts about the dinosaur hoax?

>colossal waste
somebody's afraid it'll prove religion. ;)

Money isn't everything user.

I'm afraid it'll fuck up and NASA will want more of my shekels for a bunch of science that has no real world applications. Seeing the first light from early galaxies is "cool", but not $10 billion cool. I'd rather that $10 billion get dumped into planetary travel/science.

It will break the Big Bang Theory and destroy current cosmology

The earth is flat. Space doesnt exist. Nukes arent real.

Retards like you being alive is a colossal waste e-celeb fags are a colossal waste focusing on anything but science is a colossal waste

Digits confirm

I miss Space Elevator threads ;_;

An African American gentlemen on YouTube told me that satellites don't even reach orbit due to the Earth being flat and having a dome around it. Apparently they always go sideways out to sea. He was quite educated from the totally not forced accent which would indicate he's upper class. I'll take his words as fact.

Mom?

>complain about $8 billion investment to better understand our place in the universe and further understanding

>If we don't spend $100 billion invading and bombing other countries then the TERRORISTS win!!

Will Drumpf recover?

But I bet OP will defend this half TRILLION dollar Dodo.

Also shit.

I'd be alright funding a rail gun to launch satellites - bonus, it has military capabilities

>And they've made the thing so fucking complicated there's about a 0% chance that it's even going to launch and deploy properly.

Sounds like somebody failed science class in high school. Let it go kid, just because you don't understand science doesn't mean other people can't enjoy uncovering and understanding the mysteries of the universe.
Just quietly stick to your bible and your alex jones channel. It's the only thing you can comprehend anyway.

Remember the great job they did with Hubble? Except this isn't serviceable

OP is a total and complete fag.

reminder that hubble is 60s tech, the same imaging tech was used for spy satellites
all they know is how to recycle old shit on bloated budgets

We all do, user
We all do

Unless you make a thousand threads complaining about the nigger welfare system, Medicare/Medicade, and Social Security you don't have any grounds to be complaining about the pittance that NASA gets in funding.
Investing in our future as a country is one of the only good things done with our tax dollars.

Fuck you, OP, reverse-shilling your fucking meme-telescope. Your shit fucking sucks, etendue-let. The LSST is better in every way.

Large Synoptic Survey Telescope advantages:
> not over budget
> not a meme design
> actually works
> actually fixable if it doesn't work (not that that'll happen)
> actually leverages recent scientific advances (big data) instead of just leveraging spending power
> actually looks finished, doesn't have random bits sticking out asymetrically

go butt-chug some LN2 and try making a telescope that doesn't look like an ad for tinfoil-wrapped honeycomb

NASA jobs program.

Thankfully SpaceX will "soon" start working on a super heavy rocket launcher. Also we have to hope that Blue Origin will a success and a good contender for SpaceX, once we have real competition stuff is going to happen.

Electromagnetism, not Gravity, is what creates and forms space. Jewish bullshit "theoretical" cosmology is a lie.

youtu.be/fePQdJNVF9g

The JWST is ~10-15% of NASA's budget when we don't even have a launch system to get astronauts to space (X37 maybe?) - maybe we should work on that first instead of getting taxied up there by Russia

The heavens declare the glory of God.
Jews are afraid of space.

I hope this is bait

The innocent science project angle of NASA is a psy-op. This thing is probably weaponized.

just go to /r/futurology where he posts his retarded shilling

Would this cause the Big Bang Theory to be cancelled and make it illegal for any station to broadcast it?

If so, then 10 billion is a bargain.

Trips of truth
build bunkers now ;-;

escaping niggers has been the driving force for human exploration since forever, I'm all for anything space related because that is the only place we will be able to go to escape niggers in the future.

Reminder that Saddam almost beat us all to making space cannons.
Israel fucking killed the guy who was making it all possible.

can confirm but i don't have pic now

Reminder that (((science))) is just a jewish ploy to undermine Christian values and the American economy.

Project HARP, Gerald Bull - that guy originally worked for the US, then I think he outsourced his work to the highest bidder after he lost his funding

Everytime earth has gone through a mass extinction is because another species was conquering the planet and was in the pre stages of space travel.
Life on earth must learn to live with man or die.

The only way for man to truly save the earth is to leave it for the stars.

Once we leave another species will rise in our place; and the cycle will repeat.

>dinosaurs
>in the pre stages of space travel

I don't mind when a foreign government spend billions on a thing useful to my job.

Dinosaurs just went extinct because of the species rising, it may had not even been a type of dinosaur that reacted civilization level.
We barely have a percentage of all the animals to ever live on earth in the fossil record.

Picture looks like Final Destination

What does that even mean? What species? Dinosaurs isn't a species

Nobody has sent anything into "space". The money goes on maintaining a vast army of transsexual Satanists, and a series of vast underground cities, full of robots and clones.