Question for the burgers

Question for the burgers.

Last week I cut my finger badly in an accident. Went to the A&E at the local hospital. Got seen almost instantly. Wound was washed, patched up and bandaged in 20 minutes. Left with selfcare instructions and some extra bandages.

It was all free. The appointment I have in two weeks' time to remove the sutures will also be free.

Do you have to pay for this in Burger land? If so, how much would this cost?

>Free

Nothing it's free in this world

>cut my finger
>need stitches, $70 at urgent care WITH insurance
>"come back in 2 weeks and we'll remove stitches"
>pulled them out myself in my kitchen

America, fuck yeah

australia cuts himself. will never know what a gun shot wound is becuase no guns

It really depends on your insurance. When I was in the Army I cut my hand open pretty bad and it needed stitches. They wouldn't see me at the first aid station I went to because that wasn't my unit's aid station. It was all eventually free though. I'm now out and on my wife's insurance. I have no god damn idea how much this procedure would cost now with deducatables and co-pays. Insurance is needlessly complex and it's impossible to know how much something like this might cost because it all varies.

>free
How's that tax rate OP?

Unless you're homeless or just a piece of shit, you pay for it in taxes

>Free
>What he said

>free

lmao

>"""Free"""

>cut your finger.
THIS IS WHY YOU HAVE TO BIN THAT KNOIFE, NIGEL

>It was all free.

No it wasn't. Somebody paid for your mistake.

Leech detected

>implying you doesn't pay for this with the 40% tax.

he chose to live unbinned and look what happened.

Well, think how much you get taxed. On the other hand, fiscal responsibility of government employess is practically non-existent, therefore they just go with whatever company they are buddies with and pay whatever price the producer has. all this add up to massive healthcare costs. We also have a culture of liability over responsibility, where you need five different types of insurance to get anything done. There is a post on diy that explains rather well why our healthcare is so ridiculous: and I had a pretty bad thumb cut a few weeks ago, kept pressure on it until it stopped bleeding somewhat, then superglued the wound closed. It's healed perfectly.

>pulled them out in the kitchen
>probably ate them afterwards
Amerifats, fuck yeah!

Poopoo

yep, without insurance probably like ~900 dollars, more depending on how bad the cut actually was.

>2017
>cucking yourself by letting someone else clean stitch your booboos for you
Typical bong

>It was all free
No it wasnt you retarded bong someone paid for it

In the Army, so i don't pay shit. But it depends on your insurance plan in the civilian world. Also depends what provider you go see. Too many variables m8erino.

$35 co-pay and possibly some pain killers to get loaded off of for the night. Unless it happens at work or you're on the gibs then its all free. Either way lower taxes, so we win in the long run.

Murica FUCK YEAH!

>going to the hospital for a cut finger
Unless it was halfway removed, why? Just disinfect it, tape it up, and hope for the best.

That was really great of all those medical professionals to do all that for free.

So how do they support themselves when they're spending all that time doing things for free? Do they have regular jobs to pay their bills as well when they're doing things for free?

I wouldnt go to the hospital for a cut because I am not a numale

>It was all free
How does it feel having been unemployed your whole life?

not bad. The only thing u forgot is cleaning the wound. But thats essentially the essence of first aid. Clean the wound. Stop the bleeding. Seal the wound to prevent infection.
Same as doing repairs on a building.

Op forgot to include he is under investigation for having a sharp object, and is facing 5 years in prison.

In the land of the brave you wouldn't go to the hospital for a little scratch you little girl.

I did clean it. Just forgot to mention it. It was also the kind I had for work, that is just cyanoAcrilate and nothing more. I believe there are some medical varieties out there, but good luck getting your hands on them.

>I had a pretty bad thumb cut a few weeks ago, kept pressure on it until it stopped bleeding somewhat, then superglued the wound closed. It's healed perfectly.
I had a fucking dog bite me, buried his front canine into my hand. Emptied a small bottle of some wound cleaner then used small strips of tape to seal the wound but let it breath. Change the tape every day and two weeks later it was all closed.

Unless you break bones or tear a tendon you don't need to go to the ER most of the time.

And i live in a country with ''free'' health care.

What kind of pussy goes to the hospital for a cut?Unless your finger fell of I don't see a reason to go to the hospital.

if you're poor or an immigrant, you receive the medical care for free. Hospitals cannot decline to give care for lack of insurance. These people will often receive a "bill" which they just laugh off and never pay. Meanwhile those who pay for healthcare get our prices way inflated to cope with all the freeloaders.

I clean and dress my own wounds, you weak faggot.

My employer threw me out of work when they saw how deep the cut was and demanded I went to hospital. Fucking bullshit man. Such is our nanny state mentality in bongland.

I don't go to the hospital for a fucking booboo you goddamn cuck.

Poor people would get it for free. Wealthy people give charity to hospitals, and the hospitals use this to offset losses from the indigent. Not sure anymore about if the patient is not poor.

Probably, not counting the second visit, cost about $100. I seem to remember that being around the price they charged me, but I have no insurance so they definitely lowered the price.

>free
OP is retarded confirmed

I farted.

>going to the hospital for a cut
No wonder your NHS is going to hell

I'm on the Giro :D

It's not free you pay money into a national health service every time you get paid.
In America it's same deal, except I pick and chose my provider.
As someone who grew up in the UK I can tell you right now, health insurance over here is about as expensive as BUPA over there. They take the required premium for my health care out of my cheque. Same as yours.

Did the same thing when i had stitches in my head. I was debating whether i should have even gone into the hospital to get the stitches in the first place because its so god dam expensive
AMERICA

You can treat cuts with superglue.

Oh and by the way fellow Bong. Can you use your NHS to pay for glasses? The dentist? No? How about therapy? How about getting a massage? Sometimes my HSA will have a big excess in it and I'll use it to go get a full body deep tissue massage just because I want to.

I've used the NHS. I know how ridiculous the wait times are. A non life threatening operation might come with a waiting time of half a year. The fucking prescription fees are NOT covered.

American health care can be expensive. And a hospital might try and jew you by charging you a hundred bucks for a fucking hospital gown, but your health insurance company picks up the tab. The premiums you pay are not that expensive.

On top of all that shite. Everyone who can't afford healthcare has access to basic and stabilizing care. So even the idiots and the Pablos can get their shit Sewn back together when shit hits the fan.

American Healthcare has a bad wrap because it's not technically run by the government (except when it is with shit like Medicaid) but if you can meet the basic tenants of adult responsibility and actually work for a living (and work a job that actually provides health care) American health care is the fucking bomb. I don't know, maybe I just have particularly good health care but when my insurance company will foot the bill of sending a message therapist to my house to work me over, that's pretty fucking boss.