Best year in recent decades?

What was the best year for the economy between 1995 and 2017?

I would place my bets on 1997-2005, but feel free to say a specific year.

1990 to 2001

Wish I could relive it.

Nice meme. That's when the economy went to shit.

For a canadian this is probably true. The canadian economy was very strong during that period of time.

Things began to exponentially go downhill after The Lion King

Ah yes. The only thing Bill Clinton did good was the economy. He cut welfare and did run surpluses. Still a shit president.

So was the American economy
By 2000-1 it was starting to go very bad but until then were still living off the boom created under Reagan

That was when the bubble started popping though.

For the economy?

1998 was pretty sweet. dot com bubble was still building. Walmart's rapid expansion was still taking place.

I agree. But the canadian economy was especially strong, because they were experiencing a rapid boom from the government cuts during the early 90s, as well as expansions in the oil sector in Alberta, and the dotcom bubble was great for the economy there until it popped of course.

The american economy was very strong really since the 50s onward, until everything crashed down in 2008, of course with bubbles and minor recessions in between.

The Walmart days sure were good. I'd say the economy was good all the way until 2004 when annual vehicle miles driven in the United States were decreasing for the first time ever.

1986. holy fuck the world was bitchin before the internet

cutting deals with (((financiers))) to ensure positive balances is "did good" on the economy eh?

Every year since the NASDAQ crash was shit. Those since 9/11 even shittier.

Of course from a different perspective everything is reversed.

I know that the economy has been shit since 9/11. But let's be real, the economy FELT good during 2001-collapse of the bubble.

Because we were seeing such rapid growth in all sectors of the economy.

1999 was the peak of Western Civilization.
Now is the collapse

Our economy has been booming until 2014 and have flatlined a bit because of oil prices.. 2008 wasn't that much of a deal here. But i would say the early 2000's was the best considering job market. This is before the influx of EU worker into the economy

But the western economies was best until 2001. It really turned for the worse after that. So did the mentality.

1998, there was and will be no better year

House was cheap, jobs were everywhere and high paying.

Of course it came from the eternal optimist german. Go to Poland and get them to learn you how to grow some balls, Dietrich.

Economy in germany is doing great. Arguably better than in the past 2 decades. Decent sallaries. Every business is booming. Cheap cost of living. I dont remember it being better than today.

Not to me. I was okay with the little guy being left behind by the '80s and '90s booms, but in the 2000s he wasn't just left behind but permanently replaced by Asians. Maybe it's just because I was mad about the war but the whole thing felt like a sham. The overall feeling was not of growth but of a hollowing out

>2016
>Hillary was stopped!
>Cubs won World Series!

Which country?

For the United States, the late 90s were pretty good; but a lot of that was due to the tech bubble and property bubbles artificially inflating things which obviously came to bite us in the ass later.

Since then I'd unironically say 2017. Trump is getting rid of some of the regulatory burden, the oil sector is doing well due to fracking, property prices are going up but aren't artificially inflated, the stock market is doing quite well and doesn't seem to be being driven too heavily by artificial speculation as it was by the tech and property bubbles and employment is improving. On the downside working class wages have stagnated and most new employment entails shitty hospitality industry jobs, so still room for improvement.

Can't speak on the economy, but just for absurdity in general, whatever year had the boa robbery..

>Bill Clinton did good

>TFW He doesn't know about Section 8

Doesn't Europe at least have some success keeping its new migrants separated into
specific areas? there is reason why race-mixing in america such epidemic

There was a recession during the early 90s but from 1994 - 2000 it was nothing but economic prosperity and good times. Everybody was hopeful for the future and felt like the best world was yet to come
Then in 2000 the dot com bubble burst and a year later a 9/11 caused maaaive global instability which would lead up to the Great Recession. Since 2008 the economy has remained stagnated while inflated asset bubbles are setting up for another massive downfall that might happen this or next year

Basically we're now in purgatory waiting to be sentenced

I would agree it's extremely stagnant. same with culture.

every decade has its own mark on culture. clothes, music, tv, behaviors... Since 2001-present it's just been stagnant. no change really. same shit different year.

I don't mind the death, it's the waiting I can't stand

This is like asking what part of your life was the best since you've been diagnosed with Stage III cancer.

The waiting. The damned waiting.

It's all I've ever known, it's all you've ever known and it's all we've ever known.

That's all personal preference. However the more people there are the more stress upon this delicate planet.

Would a civilized society over-populate itself? I think not.

2016 duh, Trump got elected.

1993 was the last good year, everything has been shit since then. 1994 is when the O.J. bs happened which paved the way for the Kardashian family to pollute TV and dumb down the populace

Probably 2002-2003. Wages were what they are now. House prices still pretty expensive but not insane.

2004-07 if debt bubble can count. But current year is the peak so far. But there are signs things are turning for the worse. This time its hotel bookings are down and there are many hotels still under construction.

You're probably right. You could make $50/hr doing Y2K 'patching.'

Things were starting to slide downhill during the first Bush term - especially after 9/11.

new year eve 1999, waitress pay was like $200 a hour. we'll never have it back until we purge the libs.

But majoras mask didn't come out till 2000