Why is rape so terrifying to women?

Rape in our society is seen as abhorrent. It's seen as so abhorrent that accusations of rape and sexual assault are seen as innocent until proven guilty.

But why is this? Why is this crime seen as an order of magnitude more severe than a minor physical assault?

Possible Explanations:
>It's not, this 'terror' is used as leverage to justify 'rape culture' and further feminist/marxist agenda
This seems unlikely. A fear of rape goes back much further I think.

>It's a vestige from times when a women's value was . They feared rape because it would tell that they were 'soiled' and would not be married off.
Maybe

>It's a loss of bodily autonomy and thus the loss of a basic human right. This scares everyone on a very base level, but women are more likely to get raped.
Physical assault is also a loss of bodily autonomy

>It is a submission to a man that is not worthy. If they were worthy of sex, it wouldn't be rape
Maybe

>It is a fear so intrinsic to women that you, as a man, couldn't possible understand
Kill yourself

>inb4 woman gives decent answer, receives tits or gtfo
I'm asking for female input, ya dingus

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KNqJdsiQZyA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because sex is the only worthwhile thing they offer. If you take their control of that away they really are powerless.

>It is a fear so intrinsic to women that you, as a man, couldn't possible understand
>Kill yourself

But that's a good explanation.

girl here, it's not terrifying at all
but I'm an uggo tho so I'm probably not the right person to be peddling the narrative of more attractive people who hold power.

What the ability to give birth to and raise a child? What about their value as a companion, to provide support?

Women have also traditionally (not recently) been the ones to keep communities together. To arrange meeting between families to keep communities strong. To keep a home in order, while a spouse is out working.

To say that women only offer one thing is a bit r/TheRedPill, don't ya think.

It can only be explained by the fact that they buy into the idea that every dick that into the vagoo devalues it. Like you said other forms of physical assault are much worse, strictly physically speaking.

Rape as a special type of crime is straight out of the patriarchy which they claim to be fighting against, but they get to play the victim by keeping up the approach, which is what they love to do.

Don't say that. I'd rape you user.

TITS OR GTFO

It's because rape gives power to men and takes control the only source of power women have, their vaginas. The thought of men taking what they want and losing their source of power terrifies women.

women are shit. as a fag, i would be honored if an alpha-male took me and gave me his seed.

Nordic ancestors killed a man (death penalty) for two reasons - deserting the clan during a battle and the rape of a free woman. The first, cowardly, but given a noble death. The latter considered beneath a man, and he was drowned (ignoble death).

It's unfalsifiable. I find it to be a particularly shitty answer because you aren't actually providing any insight or any reason why men can't possibly understand. If you can explain why there are no possible parallels for rape between men and women, then that would be a good answer.

Alphas don't need to rape.
That's what's so horrifying with rape to women, anyone can do it.
And they can get pregnant with inferior genetic material. It disgusts them to their core.

See my answer to

OMG
TIMESTAMP!!!

Sure.

If a woman comes onto you and you turn her down, what's the worst that's gonna happen to you? Nothing. She has no physical strength on you. There ain't shit she can do.

If a guy comes onto a woman and she turns him down, what's the worst that can happen to her? It's likely this man is physically more dominant than her. At any time, that man can break that boundary and violate her. The woman is aware of that -- and she doesn't want it to happen, of course, but it definitely can. If it does, it, of course, affects her a great deal knowing that a man can take advantage of her at any time.

That's very interesting. Any insight as to why rape was seen as such a high crime in those places?

>I'm asking for female input, ya dingus

Well their aren't much females in these parts user.

You also left out that it usually hurts. A lot. And sometimes there are other people and weapons involved so it doubles, triples the dangers...

The problem isn't that women fear rape irrationally it's mainly that they irrational fear the wrong demographics for rape. They are right in thinking it's bad and should avoid it, but they're usually dead wrong identifying rapists since the males more likely to be physically violent psychopath assholes are the kinds of guys women like to be around.

Rape isn't very prevalent in the first world and could be completely eradicated if women would basically grow brains capable of long-term self preservation.

Because she could get unwanted STD's and pregnant you fucking retard.

If this were that only reason, why do women put themselves in situations where they can be raped? Why are they going to nightclubs/bars at night in such large numbers?

If that were true, causal sex would never have been normalized, you fucking retard. Those a reasons for fearing sex, in general.

I've been looking into that. This is info I'm unearthing from PhD studies, vis a vis, Roman local laws for Gaul. My reading is that it is beneath the dignity of a man who is meant to compete. Conversely, more value was placed on women due to the distribution of work/roles.

That's the opposite of a situation in which they can be raped. How is a dude supposed to rape one girl when she's among numerous others?

That's also kinda a silly question. "situations where they can be raped." What exactly does that mean? If a girl goes on a date with a guy, would you say that she's in a situation in which she can be raped? It's definitely possible, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't go on a date with the guy. If a girl even brings a dude back to her apartment and says she only wants to make out, that isn't justification for the dude to rape her.

OP, you emu blowing dumpster cuck

fine, it is the only true power they have.

think about it. A woman wants a man to do something. What leverage does she have? She doesn't have a physical advantage. She could try emotional manipulation. She could get her husband to do it for her (which just creates the same problem with an extra step).

The answer is sex. The only real power woman have is the power to give and withhold sex.

I'm not necessarily arguing that rape isnt traumatic, but there is one reason that every woman hates the idea of rape more than most other crimes. They lose their only form of power. The yare supposed to get something in return for fucking a beta male. They feel cheated in a way, almost like someone robbing from a store.

Debate me on this if you want

It is abhorrent because it causes imense psychological trauma to the victim

Agreeing to casual sex is consent and not rape.

Really misshapen. Very ugly. 0/10
No but child rape is. It fucks a woman up when there getting raped by a uncle at 11.
It's probably why women go for a nigger thinking they will be safe. I think 90% of whites with niggers are probably abused children

So they may have thought that it was kind of cheating another man who had worked harder and been more successful out of a good woman? Interesting.

God I love this place

Um, if someone subdued a man and shoved something up his asshole he'd feel like he was the victim of a crime too.

Because you can get pregnant from rape and are expected to love and care for the biological manifestation of the act for at least 18 years.

isn't arnold like 6'3". bruce is a big nigger lmao

Indirectly, yes. It had something to do with the cohesiveness of the clan as well. A lot of germanic/Nordic laws/ideology stems from their isolation and need to deescalate blood feuding.

Umm no. Abortion was created to kill betarape babbys.

No really familiar with abortion are you m8

>How is a dude supposed to rape one girl when she's among numerous others?
Fair. Not a big club goer, just seemed like a risky environment.

>If a girl goes on a date with a guy, would you say that she's in a situation in which she can be raped?
Yeah potentially. But the expected reward is greater than the expected risk. So they do it. I know, I know, trivial shit. I'm saying the feeling is that women believe rape is an enormous risk, because of the terrible fear. And if the risk is enormous, and the reward is not so big, no logical actor would partake in it. So why do they do it anyway?

You have to be a psychopath not to understand

Furthermore, I'm going to add to this point

This explanation is also the reason that women HATE sexbots with a passion. A sexbot would threaten the only bit of power they have, and they know it

I think that there is value in raising and having children. So it's not the only power that women have.

The rest of what you say seems reasonable.

>So why do they do it anyway?

Because you can't live your life in fear.

The likelihood of getting raped is very low -- it is a possibility, as I said, but still very low. Women don't expect to be raped. They just acknowledge it as a possibility.

That's a different point. Your previous point was women hate rape because of STD's and pregnancy, both of which are also consequences of casual sex.

Emu. I bet you still think when a girl settles down she will actually have your kids too. Instead of getting fucked by chad and making you pay for his kids.

Femanon here- the fear of being damaged goods,the fear of wincing if another man touches you or being unable to reciprocate affection, the violation of mind and body, the fear of getting pregnant or an STI, the physical damage it causes, knowing if you report it, you will more than likely being raked over the coals, that the defense will do everything to make you look like a whore, Knowing that if you don't report it, the rapist will do it again to someone else, and you'll feel like a traitor.

Wrong because they can agree to casual sex if they have condoms.

I agree completely, that is why I said power and not value.

Companionship is arguably valuable. Children are obviously valuable. But this does not give women power. No woman is going to threaten a man by saying she refuses to have kids. Also, once she has kids, she can't even threaten anything anymore (although our court and custody system is a whole other issue)

In terms of the power a woman has, I have trouble thinking of anything other than sex.

Not all women have casual sex either.

Now that's a satisfying answer. Rape is bad because it reduces the trust within a tribe. Thanks burger.

This also gives a pretty good response to those who claim "x is a social construct".
>rape is a social construct too, faggot

And a guy with a gun can't take advantage of a guy without a gun? Why am I (or a woman) not afraid of being shot every time I leave my house if I don't carry myself? It's the same idea as what you're saying except one is rape and one isn't. That proves nothing towards the point that women are afraid of rape in a way men couldn't understand.

The possibility of disease and pregnancy are pretty bad things you don't have to worry about with a regular assault.

This.

At the end of the day if a woman loses sexual value she has no value to a man.

A raped woman has less value therefor reducing their value in the sexual marketplace.

It is the "worst thing imaginable" because it damages the possibility that women will reproduce

>No but child rape is. It fucks a woman up when there getting raped by a uncle at 11.

Funny because I was actually thinking that when I wrote that post. Should have been more specific. I was reading this article today where this girl was taking from her parents (where article wasn't clear on WHY) and put with adoptive parents who were part of a pedo ring...

But they had a bunch of videos of little girls getting raped "screaming for their mommies"... That last bit really fucked me up... That's not a mental image I want to have.

So yeah, rape is painful obviously. Women say it is and despite their lying asses we can see the evidence of it too. It's still something that should be illegal and protected against, it violates her rights just like any other form of abuse. Even if she's retarded about it has rape fantasies and what not.

Sure, a guy with a gun can take advantage of a guy without a gun. A guy with a gun can take advantage of a woman without a gun as well. You're imagining some scenario like you're walking around outside and someone pulls a gun on you.

I'm imagining a scenario where a woman goes over to a guy's house, they have a nice night, she wants to go, and he rapes her. Is that a situation that you, as a male, worry about?

And going back to that scenario above with some random dude pulling a gun on you: Why would a guy pull a gun on you? To steal your money, likely. Why would a guy pull a gun on a woman? To steal her money and/or to rape her.

Power can be derived from value. If I have some great value, I can always leverage that to gain power. I reckon if you'll got value, you've got power.

I mean, that's what you're saying in the first place. Women have power (sex) and they use it to gain resources. Rape takes away that leverage, dropping the price of pussy. Thus women hate it.

Part of the power that women have, they have because they can give birth.

This

>I remember when I was raped by my uncle at 11...

pic related is the average type of person ITT that agrees that women should be raped.

That is true, but you have to look at what men want.

Sex is an extremely strong driving factor. On the other hand, how many men even want kids?

Children are objectively valuable for society, but they can't be effectively used as leverage against men because there isn't as super strong demand for them.

all i know is that i dont want a dick in my ass ever, so i figure that its pretty much the same feeling for women

And yet this still satisfies nothing, the only difference I see between a girl getting raped by man stronger than her and a guy getting shot by a guy with more relative power than him is that in your example she trusts the guy. By that reasoning, what if I trust a guy who works with me and then he goes on a shooting rampage against all of us? It's the same betrayal of trust and the same power dynamic, yet one is simply rape and one isn't. The question at hand is why men can't understand why rape is so feared by women, yet by your logic I can produce a scenario with a very similar situation and I still don't fear it as much as women do rape.

Rape requires a degree of sick fuckery that goes above and beyond tegular assault.

You can assault someone for a multitude of reasons. Maybe you need money, maybe you feel threatened, whatever. Rape... you don't get much out of that beyond that sadistic thrill from the action itself. Rape doesn't really facillitate any secondary benefeits. Additionally, you not only need to be physically capable, but be so twisted that you find sexual release in the suffering if another person.

This is the kind of person you are dealing with in a rape scenario. Absolute niggetry of the higest order.

Compound this with the prospect that sex is basically the ultimate act of intimacy. Something you reserve for only one to a small group people closest to you over a lifetime. And you get that expression of intimacy forced out of you and given to someone who does not deserve it. It's basically the female equivalent of being cucked. And if someone is able to dominate you so completely, you're completely at their mercy and if they wanted to kill you there would be absolutely nothing you could do about it.

It's less about the pain, and more about the humiliation and being forcibly confronted with your own mortality.

Yeah, reading these it seems like more of a mixture of social stigmatization and emotional reasons.

Would you rather have a guy punch you, or rape you in the ass?

>Why is rape so terrifying to women?
Imagine someone forcing you down and shoving something in and out of your ass repeatedly. Now I know what you're thinking, "what if I like shoving things in and out of my ass?" You only like it when you do it yourself or someone you're temporarily putting your trust into. Unless you were roofied, this stranger is going to be rough, he doesn't know your limits and he doesn't care if you're yelling in pain for him to stop. Your ass might get an std, hell it might even get pregnant, rapists don't bother to put on condoms. What makes rape so terrifying is that all of that can happen without warning. Those self-defense classes you took don't mean jack shit when you're blindsided and your opponent is always stronger than you.

Why is murder so terrifying to men?

youtu.be/KNqJdsiQZyA

the funny thing is women are more fearful of rape than men are of murder

do you see men bitching about "murder culture" or "1 in 4 men will be murdered on campus" or "don't teach men to be safe, teach murderers not to murder"

Or it's not a stranger, but someone you knew, a friend or family member...and that trust is broken, and you'll always wonder...why didn't I see this coming? Is this my fault, did I "ask for it?" Are there any other people in my life that will do this to me too?

>inb4 woman gives decent answer, receives tits or gtfo
I'm asking for female input, ya dingus

If a woman need admit she is a woman to make her point valid it is, by nature, invalid anyways.

Men are scared of murder, they just don't talk about it as openly because it's not manly. If you look at Sup Forums for example, almost everyone here is scared of being killed by a black guy or immigrant.

Agreed. Animals do not question their sexual actions, though species have mores for survival reasons (mate for life vs. Multiple partners/ensuring species). Nordic peoples required this respect for continuity of clan.

Exactly, nobody has really satisfied the question of what sets rape apart from any other abusive crime except for the few posts that mentioned social reprocussions. It seems as though women simply fear being ostracized from the tribe/community, which would explain why women overwhelmingly follow stronger men when it comes to politics. Raped women are viewed as tainted goods, and their biggest fear is social ostracism.

This isn't really true though is it, considering it's overwhelmingly men who die in wars, commit suicide, or do dangerous jobs. Men who are afraid of death or simply don't want to die just carry.

Would you rather get punched or raped in the ass by a man? If you'd rather get punched, explain why.

Most of the men who fight in wars, do dangerous jobs, and carry ARE scared. They just do things anyway.

Why buy the cow if you can have the milk for free?

well the main thing why women fear rape is because sex as general is something different for them for most men it's just a physical relief but for women it's something much more mental and they care about it more with whom they do it

In addition, even still men who are afraid to die are never nearly as afraid of it as women are of rape. Rape is consistently seen as an upper class of crime to women even above their own murder.

So why do you fear rape?

So why don't women who are scared of rape just go about life normally and stop worrying about it like men do with murder?

If a woman gets raped by Chad, will she complain? Probably not, unless he damages something.

But if a woman gets raped by you, she'll complain. Why is that?

>why is rape so terrifying to women
OP is a first class idiot, FUCKING KIKE PHYS OP
Literally asking one of the most stupid questions I've ever seen on Sup Forums nice try MUSLIM KIKE
Sage

>So why don't women who are scared of rape just go about life normally
They do. The vast majority of women go about life, they don't hide indoors.

well I don't fear rape cause I'm a man and I know how to defend myself from physical harm

Arnold is a manlet. I saw him when he was governor and he looked about 5'8, tops.

I would rather get punched because it would be quicker and hurt less, but this is evading the point at hand - why women treat rape like a separate class above murder, which I do not.

whore

It's not really above murder, though. You'll be very hard pressed to find someone who believes that.

So why do such a large number of women consistently talk about how much of an issue rape is but murder is rarely talked about? I'm aware that everyone goes about their day but that doesn't change what they fear, how much they fear it, and how much they think it is an issue. Just because I walk out my door doesn't make me any less afraid of getting shot than sitting indoors, the mentallity is all in your head. The question is why does the mentallity never leave a lot of womens' heads?

Ok, let me put it a different way. Why would you rather get punched than raped, assuming that's the case?
>I would rather get punched because it would be quicker and hurt less
Are you sure that's the ONLY reason you'd rather get punched?

It's not terryfing, they love it. Most women orgasm during rape like they never do when having normal sex.

Honestly makes me sick Arnold got corrupted. There was a fine Austrian man there once.

you know Hitler was only like 5'9

Well, one reason is that women are both physically weak and slower runners than men and don't have much chance of fighting off a rapist. Men on the other hand are usually strong enough to at least imagine that they'd have a good chance to run away from a fight.

I've personally heard that women generally think it to be worse than murder from women themselves, but of course you and I will have different anecdotes. I'm not going to act like it's a scientific fact that all women globally think rape to be worse than murder.

You have nice shape but you're overweight.

And likely social reprocussions, yes, which I mentioned earlier in the thread as the likely reason for women being so afraid of rape.

Femicunts have made me pro-rape

So are you trying to tell me that you wouldn't feel more... violated... by being raped than by getting punched?

Yeah but again I never argued that physical assault is better or worse than rape like OP, I've consistently been talking about murder vs rape which you've been avoiding

Yeah, it's impossible to prove either way, I get it. I find it difficult to believe because I've never heard it from anyone. But then, maybe you go to an arts college or something, idk.