Corporal punishment for American kids

Who else experienced corporal punishment growing up? I'm a millennial and most of my generation did not experience any corporal punishment while being raised and I still think this is one of the primary reasons for millennials not functioning well in Western society. Grown men cry while getting routine discipline at work because they can't handle being disciplined at all nowadays.

Without learning lessons the hard way, kids don't change their behavior. Only weak people are against corporal punishment. It creates strong children and prevents stupid behavior

>most of my generation

speak for yourself idiot. most millenials are in their 30's close to 40, or late 20's. just because you're a tail end millenial that has more in common with gen z kids doesn't mean you've had the same experiences that most millenals have had

That's why I plan on punching my white children in the face after getting drunk. I also plan on locking them to chairs in rooms and not letting them out of the house. They're gonna be real well behaved

I also want to add that I like being punched in the face in sexual contexts and that this is a trait that I'd like to pass on

the only acceptable punishment is rape, but only slightly because they are kids.

there's a difference between abuse and discipline you closeted homo

You failed to make any sort of point here though.
>doesn't mean you've had the same experiences that most millenals have had
This is what I said already

it's not abuse you fucking fag, i plan on lovingly and gently beating the shit out of them for their own good because i'm depressed and my life sucks. Can't you fucking read?

are you retarded? reread what i posted

>getting drunk and beating your kids is the same as giving them a smack after you catch them smoking weed

See people who are against this form of discipline always use the worst case scenario to say that everyone who has hit their kids is doing a bad thing. It's just like the gun debate when liberals use examples of one gun owner shooting up a preschool to say that gun ownership is a threat

sure man, you're not funny.

>Grown men cry while getting routine discipline at work
Do they? I've literally never seen it happen. Maybe because you're exaggerating.

I agree that we need to learn to bring back consequences for actions, we've seen that sanded off a bit.

But corporal punishment does not work.

When you bring pain into the equation, you actually INCREASE the ammount of infractions occured, because children don't learn from pain, except to avoid it.

So what you end up with is children who still don't know right from wrong, but they know how to avoid punishment.

I was there. That's what happened to me. I was raised in a family that LOVED using the belt. I'm currently receiving therapy for pathological lying.

He's just pointing out the retardation of this thread.

They do unfortunately. Modern men in the West are pussies. Deny it all you want

and that is????? what exactly

All of them except you, right?

Thinking that corporal punishment is good. Claiming that men are breaking down and crying at work (I'm sure it happens, but extremely rarely). OP is an idiot.

>So what you end up with is children who still don't know right from wrong, but they know how to avoid punishment.

This.
If you slap your kid for smoking weed, all you're going to get is a kid who's better at hiding that he's smoking weed.

>dad hit me often
>Screamed at me even more
>dad weighed 350+lbs but was not just fat. BIG guy
>Didn't work much
>drank even more
>Slapped me in the face once and busted my lip pretty bad
>Later mom gets job at preschool
>finds out hitting kids isn't the best way to get them to do what you want
>I take classes in school about children
Hitting kids is like an absolute last resort kind of measure. There are a million better ways to get kids to do what you want. Like start by talking to them like adults when they are children. Kids understand a lot and we typically dumb a lot down for them. it's better to just explain things to them. Even if it's annoying to explain everything.

>I was there. That's what happened to me. I was raised in a family that LOVED using the belt. I'm currently receiving therapy for pathological lying.
>pathological lying

Sounds like you're probably doing this right now. Corporal punishment does work and just because you ended up fucked up does not mean it was because you got the belt (something you deserved).

In my family there was 3 kids. Me and my sister were the ones who got hit growing up when we did something retarded. When my brother came along my mom told my dad not to hit him because he had other issues (oppositional defiance disorder) and didn't think it would work for him.

Guess who became the loser out of my parents kids? Not me or my sister, my brother who was pampered and put on meds was the one who became a wreck. This is how most kids are raised today unfortunately

Unfortunately it seems like that's the case

Maybe your brother became a wreck because your parents are psychos.

I once got beat up by two kids at once during recess when I was 10. Some teacher seperated us and sent the other kids to the principal's office.
Three minutes later they came out and beat the shit out of me again. They didn't even make them sit through recess. It's amazing how little of a shit school staff give about the welfare of their children.

i'm not trying to be funny, i'm trying to show why we can improve the white race and save the West by hitting our kids. They need to learn discipline, like the OP said, because kids without discipline become trannies, muslims, and liberals - that's just basic stuff you can find in the news. But thanks for bringing out the fact that you're unwilling to do either of those things and in turn that you're just another shill

Same scenario almost to a T except i'm the oldest and i'm the most fucked up. I was terrified of men most of my life because how my dad beat me and screamed at me. He didnt' give me confidence. He didn't make me tougher. He just put me down every chance he got.

>it's another episode of "some loser who abused by their drunk dad thinks it's the same as basic corporal punishment"

It might be hard for you to realize this but there's a major difference in hitting a kid when they did something really bad and hitting them because you're a drunk scumbag

No I get that completely. But unfortunately it's so Fine a line between the two and most people are so...
>"don't tell me how tuh raise muh boi"
that you can't prevent it from happening unless you just outlaw it. Besides like I said from a scientific and psychiatric point of view, there are a million more ways to discipline a child. The problem with millennials is your parents chose NOT to discipline you AT ALL!! you're a generation with literally NO discipline. Not because you were babied, but because your parents didn't care about you!! They resented you!! That's why you're all fucked!

>He just put me down every chance he got.

Yeah because he was just straight up abusing you. He wasn't putting you down when you did something bad, he wasn't trying to prevent your bad behavior, he was just hurting you for no reason

That's different then giving discipline when necessary, there's a difference between hitting your kid when they do something really bad and constantly abusing them

>The problem with millennials is your parents chose NOT to discipline you AT ALL!! you're a generation with literally NO discipline.

Very true, but most of the generation before ours had corporal punishment. I understand there is a fine line between abuse and discipline but I trust that most parents will understand that too

>I understand there is a fine line between abuse and discipline
There's not a fine line at all, there's a yawning chasm.

>oppositional defiance disorder

That's actually a HUGE sign of abuse of the whole family. There's a lot to it, but basically, it's one kid seeing the shit the rest of the family is going through, and going "NOT GONNA DEAL WITH THAT BULLSHIT", and that attitude spreads through his whole life. It's not really something someone develops on their own, in a vacuum, environmental factors play a huge part.
That really sucks, bro. For all of you guys. I'm sorry.

No he was an idiot growing up, still is too. Also if my parents were bad it should have effected me and my sister as well. It was only my brother, the one who was disciplined the least, and also the one who my parents listened to psychiatrists about what to do with him that became a loser

They told them to medicate and talk to him and understand his feelings and all that bullshit. Just like most kids nowadays. Kid should've just gotten slapped

Even if that was the case though I'm not sure why it would only happen to him and not the other kids. Also my parents were really kind of hands-off with him growing up because he was such a fucking mess.

> think this is one of the primary reasons for millennials not functioning well in Western society
It's an unpopular truth.

My father is secretly left-handed because a nun broke his hand after seeing him write with it. I don't think corporal punishment should be brought back. People need to discipline their own damn children, anyway.

Physical punishment doesn't work, because the real world doesn't use it.

When you use physical punishment, you're teaching your kid three things

>It only sucks when I get caught
>Pain is how you coerce people
and my personal favorite:
>Don't do anything, ever, don't ever take risks of any kind, because failure means pain.

If you have a kid and you want to turn him into a fully functioning human being, learn how to talk with him. Let him deal with his own consequences. Teach him that tantrums will get him nowhere by not responding to them.

If you want to raise a simpering subservient sheep with zero self-confidence who buries his personal identity under layers of guilt and self-hatred, go ahead, give him a slap.

>Even if that was the case though I'm not sure why it would only happen to him and not the other kids

Because it DID happen to the other kids, just not the same way.
That poster says he turned out fine, but he never elaborates on what "Fine" actually means.
You'd be amazed what people can find normal, just because they'd grown up with it their whole lives.

I am OP, what I'm saying is that me and my sister did turn out fine. We both grew up well and went to school, got jobs and live on our own. My brother fought with teachers, got arrested, dropped out of highschool, and ended up in jail a few times.

He was the one who never got hit like I said. He was always rebellious and out of control though.

>learn how to talk with him.
This is the modern strategy of most parents. How well does it work?
>Let him deal with his own consequences.
So let them fuck up constantly but since they will eventually experience consequences from it, it's ok? The consequences could be jail or drug addiction, those should be prevented
>If you want to raise a simpering subservient sheep with zero self-confidence who buries his personal identity under layers of guilt and self-hatred,
You pretty much described young people nowadays. Seems to me like there's plenty of people today who didn't get hit growing up who struggle with self hatred and zero self-confidence.

If my kid does things wrong, I'll punch him in the face.
If my kid gets F in any school subject, I'll punch him in the face.
If my kid causes havoc in any place, I'll punch him in the face.
If my kid watches something he is not allowed to, I'll punch him in the face.
If I found out that my kid is autistic, I'll throw him out of the window and I won't be at his burial.