Early 90's

Does anyone remember the early 90's & miss it? This isn't a political discussion, just cultural. Who else thinks that the early 90's ('90-'93) was the greatest period ever?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/cable-tv-prices-inflation-chart-2016-10
archive.is/Yk6i2
youtube.com/watch?v=QLTFgo2Z1EE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I was a kid but it wasn't that great.
It was just different.
I like the technology now.

I want to go back to worshipping heroin addicts, too.

in my country our 90's were closer to your 80's because we barely got rid of ruskies who left us behind in everything so in 95 you were either playing outside or buying vietnamese copies of NES in SNES cases that broke within three months and fake 1000in1 game cartridges for two bucks, then computers came, then pokemon, it was fucking great, then after 2004 or so everything went dark and shit suddenly

It's just nostalgia m8.

The music was shit, the fashion was shit, the shows were shit, the games were shit, and people as a whole were about 400 million times more bluepilled than they are today.

I had a bad time early 90s.
So no fond memories of it for me.

Though I can understand why it looks better retrospectively for people today.

80s were better

I remember it. The 90's broke when I was 4 years old. I remember pretty much from 1991 when the wall fell (I watched it on the news) on.
I remember that the shows were better. You have shows like Pete and Pete, Hey Dude, Secret world of Alex Mack, Clarissa Explains it all, and other shows.
I still occasionally watch the few episodes of Pete and Pete that I can find.

97 here.
Mid 2000s were fantastic.

Best time for sure. I want to go back.

I remember the invasion and was freaking out thinking the WW3 was about to happen. It kind of did, albeit very very slowly.
Compared to now, the city I grew up in was more authentic. Now its a place full of rich people.

I was born in '92 so I was really too young to experience, plus my childhood was always pretty shitty so I can't really say I have any particularly pleasant memories.

The thing that comes close though is fucking around in Morrowind making game breaking potions and spells while eating gummy bears and root beer as my parents argued in the background.

That being said, I will have to say that as a time period the early 2000s were quite nice.

>(relatively) normalfag free wild west internet
>good vidya like deus ex, mgs2 and morrowind
>real estate prices weren't ridiculous (well at least in Austin, not sure about the rest of the states)

The only bad thing was 9/11 and the shit that followed.

It was basically the same

Legit, shit didn't change very much from 88 all the way to 2012

This desu, a lot of 90s culture is ridiculously cheesy and plain obnoxious.

>being able to be a kid and walk around without parental supervision
>public places not filled with ethnics
>local businesses were thriving
>fighting was fun
>your country was great and there was no reason to move to another
90s were great

I remember thinking that about the 80s.
Clothing was gaudy, the music was too electro, movies were shit. Commercials were garbage, Computers were shit, and so on. Then I learned to appreciate each decade for what it was.
Even *Shudder* the 70's.

I mean I miss back when vidya was good yet kids didn't have fucking cellphones to look at all day, but the niggerfied fashion was atrocious and led to the shit we have now.

What, when you were fucking 8?

>You have shows like Pete and Pete, Hey Dude, Secret world of Alex Mack, Clarissa Explains it all, and other shows
That is cable bullshit if i was alive in 91 my family would not have had any form of cable TV as that shit was expensive in the early 2000's none the less 91.

I remember watching TV with the rabbit ears back in 04, 05 and 06 when i was a child (i was 6 in 04).

Jazz jackrabbit. That game was way ahead of its time.

>Clothing was gaudy, the music was too electro, movies were shit. Commercials were garbage, Computers were shit, and so on. Then I learned to appreciate each decade for what it was.

I for one like electro music, but yea other than that the 80s were pretty cancer, though I do kinda wish I was around for the bbs days.

I do like the 80s and 90s in the fact that it was a period of unparalleled optimism and whimsy, a period where people truly believed in better days ahead.

No.

Born 93 so don't remember much of the earlier years. First memory comes from 97, when I went to HK before it was handed over to the gommies.
Late 90s/early 2000s was still neat though, aside the Y2K habbenings. After 9/11 it all went down the shitter.

>9/11 is 16 years ago
Goddamn an entire generation has grown up not remembering this. We old AF.

Dude fucking ripoff 1000-in-1 games were the best.

...Back in 1995, the cost of cable was 20 dollars a month. I remember around then my mom was talking about how shit the 36 dollar cable bill was and that she wanted to go with time warners 20 dollar plan. Dad said no and that was that.
I don't know where you was living where it was expensive as shit but even in the middle of fucking nowhere Ohio cable was cheap. Hell in 1998 when we got internet it was only 20 a month.
businessinsider.com/cable-tv-prices-inflation-chart-2016-10

>tfw sold my UV777GR

Feels bad man.

Being a white citizen in South Africa during the early 90's was fantastic.

archive.is/Yk6i2

>music was shit
90's music is great, what are you on about?

>fashion
arguable

>shows
>costanza.jpg

>games
objectively wrong, greater stuff came later in the decade, but you had plenty of gems like Metal Gear 2 and Final Fantasy 4/6.

Didn't appartheid end in 1991? Personally I wish I around for Rhodesia. My grandfather visited the place and said it was the closest thing to paradise on Earth.

>9/11 was 24 years ago
Feels sad man

we still had our guns

reason enough to miss it

That 90's Illuminati puppet kind

The early 90's had some crazy shit going down. Ruby Ridge was all over the news, then comes Waco, which left a generally sour taste in peoples mouths about the government, but then suddenly, magically, that all went away when Timothy McVeigh tried going for the high score. But we didn't care much about that shit. After all, Black Helicopters were out and about, and Aliens were abducting people again. Then, just when you thought shit couldn't get any weirder.
Fucking All That came onto Nick @ Night.
But the commies were gone (Which was awesome). And the Political correctness people at the time were a laughing stock.

Rose colored glasses.

Sure there was the occasional masterpiece like The Simpsons and Seinfeld, but are you forgetting the utter trash like Family Matters, Step By Step, Home Improvement, Full House, etc?

And yes, grunge is fucking terrible. Depressing music by junkies for junkies. So glad they are all killing themselves off.

Late 80's? I vaguely remember them but they were pretty sick. Like when Mario 3 came out, I was super stoked. It all seems kind of magical now.

>Back in 1995, the cost of cable was 20 dollars a month.
My family was dirt poor and my dad kept switching jobs over the years. It was cable or it was eating quality food.
> I remember around then my mom was talking about how shit the 36 dollar cable bill was and that she wanted to go with time warners 20 dollar plan. Dad said no and that was that.
> I remember around then my mom was talking about how shit the 36 dollar cable bill was and that she wanted to go with time warners 20 dollar plan. Dad said no and that was that.
I would have missed out on cable till at least 97 most likely 98 as rabbit ears were free and we're we lived we could actually pick up channels (close to New york city).

member when the 1990 Turtles movie came out?Those were the days, bro

I'd fuck that woman like a madman back then, I'd continue to do so today despite her being more than a decade older than me

That's shit was around even in the 80s.

At least now we have diversity, Muslims, sjws, phone zombies and comic book reboots.

i only remember mid 90's and up

desu everything was whiter and life was brighter

we where hypnotized in a cool way

The 90s are to millennials as the 60s were to the boomers - it was our golden age before everything completely to shit.

Right on. I loved the Ninja Turtles. I don't care that this thread isn't political, I post enough political stuff. Late 80's/Early 90's forever!

i believe the last of the apartheid laws was dismantled in 1993. nelson mandela was elected in 1994 which is considered the year that apartheid officially ended.

you're right about rhodesia being paradise. both rhodesia and apartheid south africa were more prosperous for white people than any other place on earth

Graduated high school in 1995. Man oh man were the early 90s GOAT. I was one of those grunge guys that still liked skateboards. Everything was trucking along until fucking 9/11. It wasn't until 2003 when everything went to hell...The thing I miss the most are the late 80s-early 90s cartoons and carefree everyday feeling

Things weren't easy for my family either. All told they brought in maybe 3500 for the longest time. Further, they were raising two kids and mom was a fucking couponing genius.
Fact is, even though things were tight back then for us, we were happy because both our parents (Us and we being my sister and I) worked and provided well enough. Sure, my dad would occasionally beat the shit out of me, and my sister got pregnant at 14 and I became something of a recluse while still maintaining something resembling a social life, but things were fine even though we were kind of poor.
My mom used to shop at aldis all the time, this was back when Aldis was the lowest of the low, the worst of the worst, the most generic of the generic.

>grunge is fucking terrible
fite me irl m8

massonic chessboard floor

And to answer your question: it was the last decade before Marxists started heavily enforcing their agenda, this was the last decade with them being subtle. It was the best and it's not coming back, not without drowning in rivers of blood first

80s early 90s Playboy was awesome by the time 99 came and I graduated high school they became awful with their overuse of airbrushing and shit

>90-93
>The Period in which Depeche Mode published Violator And SOFAD.
OP is an Alt-Right Bigote

I remember seeing ZA end apartheid. Growing up I always saw ZA as the place to be for a White person, but well.....
Always called that AiC dog, tripod.

The early 90's was like the last throws of whiteness. I remember my dad being tacitly racist and not really understanding why & then looking down at him for it later (late 90's-early 00's) - the worst period) due to my conditioning. But now I understand it.

i don,t remember early 1990s
I born in 2009

>I remember pretty much from 1991 when the wall fell

>saved by the bell

Dustin Diamond is the most red-pilled out of the entire cast

The rivers of blood might be worth it DESU. There's a technological component to it as well but I'll get into that later.

Where did you get those drugs ?

Oh shit it was 89.
I do remember watching it on tv though. Some news report that we watched at night before going to bed. I remember 1991 rather well because that was the year I got burned. My mind kind of lumped the two events sequentially. Wall fell I got burned, Grandpa took me on a trip in his truck to Indiana christmas and mom and dad fighting because grandpa larry (Biological grandfather who divorced grandma) came to christmas and tried getting back together but Grandpa newman fought him and I cheered on Newman because we didn't like Larry much.

I'm 92 as well but i remember it quite vividly, it felt like the last throws of the pre-technological age.

But growing up in the 2000s with the mix of internet and playing out was just as good and fun. I feel sorry for kids now, just ipads and youtube, nothing else, their parents dont even let them play out.

Technically cheating since it's mid 90's but this album was great. It honestly doesn't sound like anything else from the decade though.

Violator was good though

test

It was always kiked up.

> their parents dont even let them play out.
if they do they'd just get raped by some migrants.

Honestly I was and still am a total shut in so I mostly just stayed at home playing Deus Ex, Morrowind, Civ Alpha Centauri and Metal Gear Solid 2

Maybe, but as others said it was more subtle as compared to now. Still a great era for our people, probably the last. & also the peak of analog technology & thus movies, tv, etc.

Also I browsed Newgrounds, the old bethesda forums and later early Sup Forums (I got here around 2006 as an underaged newfag)

I miss how before the internet people would straight up lie to you. About upcoming movies, video games, Michael Jackson. Everyone was spreading rumors and dirty limericks.

So often not when talking to someone today they will become skeptical and pull out their phone in the middle of a conversation.

Jesus they dressed degenerate than too and she was supposed to be a high school student on a kids show

It will obviously be worth it bro. I merely point out how hard it would be to get back our countries and root out the marxists. Without the enablers the subhumans will get a run for their money (or EBT) and they will either comply or get deported

OPM - Heaven is a Halfpipe

I was born in 94 I have no idea.

I was born in 79 so yeah, the 90s were fucking fantastic for me. I think back on them nostalgically often, but thats normal I think.

jazz jackrabbit 2 was my shit back then

.....To this day I still want the bra.
I never could find it though.

If you were in business then you've felt "marxism" since 1964. The only difference between the 90s and today in terms of SJW is that back then you might have been able to discriminate against homosexuals if you were an executive, and this is just speculation, but everything else was the same. The difference today is that SJW has infected gaming community and even teenagers feel it instead of just adults.

may i ask how old are you? was south africa constantly on the news in your area? were there ppl in your local city/town protesting apartheid?

you just fucked me up

That shit all started back during the sexual revolution. Really took off in the late 70s and early 80s. By the 90s it was full blown - but different than it is today. Today, even stuff that was slightly taboo back then it is in full view.

Melissa Joan Hart aged so nicely. I heard she was in some fundie movie called "God's Not Dead"
Well there certainly must be some sort of a loving God if someone like her exists.
She was a qt in "Clarissa Explains it All" and she grew into such a drop dead thicc blonde goddess in "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" Nwo she's a mother to 3 healthy huwhite boys who will grow into our future S.S.
Truly fuck'n phenomenal. She's an example for white women everywhere

Sorry meanto to paste.

Dude, I loved skateboards in the late 80's/early 90's but I was just a small child & didn't have any older brothers or anyone to teach me how to skate so I never really learned 'til '96. & then I got pretty decent & assimilated to the whole late 90's skateboard culture (hip-hop - bleh!) & the widest boards I ever skated were like 7.75. But now I watch the 1990-92 videos & am blown away & skating a 8.25 for the first time. Busting tre flips & shit. Might eventually switch to 8.5 or wider. Feels good.

I wish I could go back. But my life was shitty back then too. Seriously thought of killing myself just so I wouldn't have to work on Monday. I usually have those thoughts every weekend especially on Sundays like today. Fuck my life. I wouldn't give up but still I'm so tired of being sad all the time and not being able to fix myself.

>This isn't a political discussion, just cultural.
Then take it to Sup Forums or /his/. This isn't facebook.

But I don't see girls dressing like that in a kid or preteen show actually.

>Early 90s
>I was a kid
Sums up Sup Forums. Fucking hell.

I just liked it because it was cute.
I have a soft spot for ruffle and lace. But tastefully done.
Back then, it was well worked into the underwear and skirts and blouses, so it looked like a natural extension and wasn't a distraction from the overall cut and fabric.
Oh well, that was then, this is now I guess.

>I want to go back to worshipping heroin addicts

The good old days when they knew when to keep their mouths shut. Today, Hollywood pedophile junkies lecture America on morality, every chance they get.

As far as I know, and I even watched the show back then - but I dont remember her dressing like the OP pic in the actual show.

i blieve that pic is from one of the teeny bopper magazines from back then

ur fault for being on the internet as a gold person instead of playing golf at your county club.

Lifting weights might help? Becoming the alpha male you want to be? I hear you thought, I had bad times back then too. But the good stuff was good, better than now.

youtube.com/watch?v=QLTFgo2Z1EE

>people as a whole were about 400 million times more bluepilled than they are today

You are completely delusional. Back in the 90s, Trump was considered a liberal. That how far to the left the overton window is today.

Here, in Eastern Europe it was fucking hellish. Especially early 90's.

Good Simpsons, The Real Ghostbusters, DuckTales, Animaniacs, Mighty Max, Bop It

those were good memories

crimea river

I just googled it and yeah looks like mostly just a couple inches of upper midriff

>You are completely delusional. Back in the 90s, Trump was considered a liberal. That how far to the left the overton window is today.

Trump was pro gay marriage, pro choice and never mentioned illegal immigration back then. He was also against the trade deals which the unions didn't support either. So Trump was mostly a democrat back then.

Yea it was nice. When you met girls you had to call them. None of this text game bullshit and because calls are lengthy and you can only do one at a time, women weren't texting 20 other dicks on the side. Definitely a lot better time for young men than today. Cell phones, especially smart phones were a mistake.