Ancap Thread

Anarcho Capitalism memes and discussion thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jTYkdEU_B4o&t=4s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>legs

Dropped.

This is dumb questions of retarded commie who know shit about sociology and economy. This questions was answered 100000 timea

do share

but the legs make it better user

Oh boy, I can see several ways this thread could go and each one is a dumpster fire.

>dumb question yet no answers proffered

nice meme ancaplet

Okay, some straightforward and simple answers for idiots

In case where there is "nation" that are conquering some other country government of that country just enslave people and send them to die for politicans interests, so it can't get worse
>Currency, bank
Gold/bitcoins, obliviously. Do you like your fancy papers with presidents instead of real money?
>Protecting smaller companies
Implying government are protecting them and not lobbying a corporations interests. Implying anti-monopoly works. Are you from wonderland?
>Why anyone must follow nap
Because you will get buckshot in your ass if you'll attack someone or ruin his property.
>Who enforce contracts
Reputation on market. Do you know what is reputation?
>Homogenous community
Commie are always talking about collectivism. Nice

Read the books, retard. Oh, I almost forgotten. Commies do not read books, they're burning them.

>half answers are just "LOLLL ASKING THIS QUESTION XD SUCH A RETARD"
>still didn't even answer all of them

way to prove his point. better luck next time

>Ignoring answers
Good commie. Now read some Adam Smith, Stirner, "economics for real people", "Anathomy of state" and "ethics of liberty". Do the fuck you think that I can cram all this tons of theory into one fucking post in Sup Forums? Are you 14 yo?

H O T
O
T

>screenshotting your own post and not even letting it mature 5 days
let me guess, we've been telling you to put small scraps of disposable income into bitcoin, and you never listened
its been almost ten years. where will you be in another 10?

Snakes with legs! My only weakness!

bitcoin's only value is that it can eventually be exchanged for actual legal tender backed by militaries and roads and fire departments and shit like that.

>Because you will get buckshot in your ass if you'll attack someone or ruin his property.

So what if the attacker/invader wins, because element of surprise is an overwhelming advantage. He takes the other guy's property. Who is to stop him? Or two neighbors gang up on one and split his property. etc

Bitcoin is limited supply and there is demand for it, so it has some value.

Discussion? Do you think this shit works longer than communism? I've even seen them saying how commies are better than fascists because marxists have a supposedly philosophical background and read shit. For me, ancaps are allies of jews and also of commies and should therefore be shot as them.

It wasn't my post. I did make up ancaplet though, that is my only claim. I saved it because I thought it was funny how the ancaplet was btfo with such a halfass post.

Short answer - private police.

>So what if the attacker/invader wins, because element of surprise is an overwhelming advantage. He takes the other guy's property
source? you sound like matt damon from that one movie. he even tried to get a notary and everything. didnt work out

Nope, no intrinsic value, and all the bitcoin wealth could be wiped out with a single big solar flare or other source of EMP.

There is gold for that case. But Bitcoin has value

So your private gunmen fight their private gunmen, everybody who owns property can only hold it if they are a warlord, which creates immense instability and disincentive to invest or build anything, and congratulations you're a bunch of niggers in Africa.

Bitcoin's only value is that you can use your legal tender to buy bitcoin to exchange for drugs which are then sold for legal tender, while the person you bought it from exchanges the bitcoin you gave them for legal tender so they can buy more drugs to sell you so you can sell them for legal tender etc etc etc.

No it doesn't create destability in normal society

tod für alle fagots

same applies to all fiat currencies

ancap is a meme

>I've even seen them saying how commies are better than fascists
I've never heard an ancap say that, perhaps you heard that from some reddit lolbert, but your average Sup Forums ancap is Hoppean, meaning they understand that overthrowing democracy while maintaining hierarchy is essential to reclaiming freedom, and thus if fascism is allowed to exist without military suppression, it will naturally become more libertarian over time simply out of rational self interest.

Geolibertarianism is the only way
Henry George!

would be completely OK with geolibertarianism as long as the government collecting the taxes was a monarchy

I wonder who was fucked up in the head enough to make OP's pic.

fiat currencies can just be reproduced. Your land is still worth x amount of dollars even if a solar flare knocks out the digital side of the USD, paper dollars are still dollars, and legal tender, take it or you go to jail. That's what gives fiat currency value. Force, guns, etc.

That's actually the only issue I'm still trying to figure out. How do we ensure a completely fair Land Tax collection/evaluation?

I feel lolbertarians were shamed by the cumulative stigma of debate defeats into calling themselves something different like minarchists and ancaps, just like liberals were shamed into rebranding themselves progressives.

The average lifespan of currencies is 27 years, and they all inflate over time, it's what happens when you give a monopoly (government) control of its production without material backing. Private currencies like bitcoin get more, not less valuable over time. There are plenty of reasons to prefer private currencies even if you're not ancap, I'd figure a community constantly looking for how to resist jewish control would understand that.

are you implying that when a solar flare hits people will use paper dollars and legal system will not collapse. lol

I like Moldbug's Idea of incorperating a monarchy "Neocameralism". It's basically where a privately owned government isn't controlled by a sole proprietor like a king, but by a "CEO" of sorts elected by a board of directors who's influence in the decision comes from how many shares they own. Budget surpluses are paid out in dividends to the share holders and responsibility for debt is also assigned to the holders, this incentivizes them to keep gov spending low and markets free, while making sure the population of the estate is homogeneous and high IQ to increase the value of the land. And with power not in the hands of a single individual but flowing through an aristocracy, you don't need to worry about getting a mad king.

The only reason bitcoin is gaining value is because a slice of the drug trade is shifting to the dark web. The USD is the petrodollar, well then the bitcoin is the drugcoin.

Yes. You know we had government and commerce before electricity right. All those bullets and weapons aren't going to vanish like bitcoins.

I did imagine a sort of fascist regime that protects geolibertarian principles, ironically. I've also been trying to model a geoanarchist system but I don't think it can prevent tyranny from war lords.

Arden, Delaware had a sort of system you were saying with a board of trustees but ironically they were non profit so the 'shareholders' couldn't sue the board in court since there was no profit involved. Very funny story.

It's getting more valuable for lots of reasons, no doubt that's one. But its utility as a currency for international transactions, especially where one or both are under heavy regulation by the government, is being recognized in the CIS region and China as a way for people to cut costs and increase efficiency in completely legal transactions as well. It's out competing traditional currency because it's a superior service.

I still think ancapism is good in theory, and see it as a kind of asymptote that increases well being the closer you can get to it. But if I'd have to label myself I guess I'd fit in with the neoreactionaries the most. Any system that makes government control private instead of public and allows its leaders to profit from a well fun state is a large step up from traditional democracy.

Since the transactions are trackable how does one cash out the illegal shit? They use "mixers" but how does that work? Send 1 bitcoin to the mixer and he sends a completely different bitcoin to your other wallet with only clean coins?

Well I don't involve myself with the illegal side of bitcoin, but I do know DarkWallet allows you to distribute bitcoins anonymously and you can send bitcoins from the darkwallet to a service like CEX.io that will cash out for you on the spot with nobody raising an eyebrow because figuring out that it was a darkwallet in the first place is a bit tricky, but I don't know the process for being 100% airtight

Have you heard of localbitcoin.com? You can meet someone who will buy your bitcoins or sell you bitcoins for cash with a percentage fee.

sounds like a honeypot to me

I'll bite.

>Gold, Bitcoins
Who decides those currencies? Why not bottle caps, or local currencies? Suddenly, you end up with 30 different company currencies that can't be spent anywhere except at company stores, because the person that owns cash/gold owns nothing. The person that owns the actual PRODUCTS (and therefore what they accept in payment for those products) are the real owners.

>Smaller companies
Competition will eat them regardless. Not really a problem - trying to stop that process would create more problems.

>Why anyone must follow the NAP
No one has to. There is no obligation. The first person to figure out how to murder effectively and without evidence (or can give out the most bribes to the privatized justice system) automatically wins.

>Who enforces contracts
The people who signed them. That can end badly, due to the above.

>Homogenous Community
Only the individual matters, ergo, there is no wider community.

This is why Anarcho-Capitalism fails. No one is invested in each other in any real capacity, therefore other human lives have no value.

Fascism is the only system that works.

Nah I only heard about it because some local cop decided it was wrong and busted a broker, but its not clear what crime was even committed, the cops just assume its for something bad.

Everyone would gang up on such people because they would feel their property is being threatened.

Either they would crowd fund a private army or go there themselves.

So perpetual civil war and banditry, basically nigger tier Africa, got it.

I unironically only love ancap when I imagine myself in a position of power. Like, if the devil came down right now and offered me a succesful, stable megacorporation in exchange for wishing for an ancap world.

Otherwise I'm not interested. I'm not stupid enough to think I can compete with the current elite.

Bitcoin has value in three things: it is limited in supply, can be transferred digitally and the need for such a currency by the people.

Fiat two of the above but isn't limited in supply. An EMP like you are talking about would fuck over Fiat just as much, and would most likely mean the beginning of a nuclear war. But the whole scenario is just commie daydreams anyway.

>Who decides those currencies?
We actually have a lot of history and modern examples of multiple currencies used in single areas, it was commonplace in the middle ages and Renaissance, and any currency that a merchant in an area could recognize as legit was usually taken. Merchants were incentivised to be educated on the different currencies and their value as not to loose profit. And the competition between multiple currencies actually helped prevent economic meltdown because if one currency began to hyper inflate, you had the option to opt out to another. Kings as well, trying to maximize their income without diminishing the value of their land, were often willing to accept foreign currencies as taxes.
>The first person to figure out how to murder effectively and without evidence (or can give out the most bribes to the privatized justice system) automatically wins.
This is true, kind of like how Soros and the DNC are above the law... because they figured out how to bribe the law enforcement. The problems you mention only compound when we're talking about a monopolized or cartelized police force like those under a government, especially a public one where its leaders don't profit from a well run state. The ancap solution to this problem is polycentric law
youtube.com/watch?v=jTYkdEU_B4o&t=4s
>Who enforces contracts
again, the polycentric justice system, or whatever agency is agreed upon per the terms of the contract
>Only the individual matters, ergo, there is no wider community.
you're conflating two different definitions of individualism, creating harmony in a community actually becomes less valuable in a state, where your needs can be seen to by bureaucrats who don't know you and you can survive as a leech. where is there more "individualism" in the negative cultural sense? Big gov Illinois, or small government rural Virginia.

99%+ of people are unwilling to engage in unethical activities that's would make them outcasts of society.

You could ask that same question to a statist, and the answer would be a police or military force paid by the majority. But for some reason this isn't warlords in Africa?

do you like?

>99%+ of people are unwilling to engage in unethical activities that's would make them outcasts of society.

And who is going to keep track, with no criminal records?

There are criminal records, whatever ideology you think you're arguing against isn't anarcho-capitalism. The actual system invented by Rothbard proposes privatizing the services necessary to civilization that are currently monopolized by government, like enforcing contracts and law. Hoppe proposes a system similar in infrastructure to insurance companies that take in clients and offer the service to guarantee their right to property and protection against fraud in exchange for a fee, with competing insurance firms bidding down the price of justice and raising the quality like any other private industry. There are plenty of ways the private sector works to enforce justice even in our system of government, stores in similar areas routinely share photos of known shoplifters out of mutual benefit, and most cities employ more private security guards than there are active officers in the area.

>no criminal records
Says who? A foundation is just as trustworthy as the government. Keep dealings transparent and as long as people verify like they do today, it's fine.

If all else fail cut their ears off or give them a facial tattoo.

Can you think even one moment for yourself?

>Multiple currencies used in single areas, commonplace.
I didn't say it has never happened before. I called such currencies 'company currencies.' Just because a currency exists, does not mean that it is automatically universally useful. A company store is a very, very bad thing (because it reduces competition). Since there is no desire to do anything in an ancap society that directly benefits another, such non-competitive currencies will become commonplace. Workers get no say in what they are paid in, because working for a product is a requirement to live (so there is no freedom to turn down offers of work forever).

>Soros and DNC above the law
They are. You want everyone to be that way?

>Polycentric system
Oh, now I have to bribe MULTIPLE judges? Or better yet, now you can just carve up districts as protection rackets for each of your police forces, lawyers, and judges. You know, just like the mob (also, this system has suddenly gone from Ancap to a feudal system of law enforcement by local 'police forces').

>Didn't attack my statement
>Only the individual matters in an Ancap society, ergo, there is no wider community

You didn't actually state any reasons why an individual would band together with any other member of an ancap society without a financial/profit motive. Let's say someone is crippled. No insurance? Can't work? They are euthanized. Didn't save for retirement? Die in the street.

There is no motive for any individual to look at your suffering and say "Hey, this is my brother in this society - maybe I should help him out."

No, I'm not advocating that a government should force you to do such a thing. I am saying that an attitude to help others SHOULD be fostered on an individual level. In an Ancap society, such a thing would be nonsensical.

Which is why I said fascism is the only system that works.

Why would a company refuse a common currency? The profit and customer loss is retarded.

>Only
I can trade my production for someone else's production through bitcoins as long as the other person accepts bitcoins. No exchange needed.

Same as small countries with their own currency, most people won't accept Aruban florins if I go to a wallmart, but to trade in Aruba it is perfectly fine.

Bitcoin has the potential, unlike Aruban florins, to be more and more widely accepted as mean of trading production.

What is the intrinsic value of fiat? Being able to write in them?

At least, as a currency, bitcoin is not pure shit.

>Since there is no desire to do anything in an ancap society that directly benefits another, such non-competitive currencies will become commonplace.
This is the problem with trying to explain anarcho-capitalism to someone who doesn't even understand capitalism yet. Company store currencies are low value payment and people won't take jobs working at such a company because other options exist, and if they don't people will make those options exist. It's cartelization that allows companies to get away with those kind of things, and freeing up the markets to increase competition is the solution.
>Oh, now I have to bribe MULTIPLE judges?
Yes, drastically increasing the costs and risk of bribery. And any judge who takes your bribe will loose his job by compromising his integrity, since his employment is reliant on his reputation among contractors to receive clients, and not just secured by a monopolized entity.
>You didn't actually state any reasons why an individual would band together with any other member of an ancap society without a financial/profit motive.
You don't understand what profit is. Profit is something that benefits you, financially or not. Spend money on vacation? In the Austrian sense of the word, if you enjoyed your vacation, it was profitable. We're not talking about a different species when we're talking about an ancap society, people don't turn into these ATM robots. What law on the books or government program caused you to develop the circle of friends you have, or family connections?

>Implying government are protecting them and not lobbying a corporations interests. Implying anti-monopoly works. Are you from wonderland?
NOT AN ANSWER FAGGOT

>sees guy in thread with weak answers to questions
LOL RETARD *puts on pedistal
>another guy in the thread is giving more thorough answers and honestly wants discussion
*ignore and screenshot/share only the dumb answers so you can keep pretending ancaps are dumb

>Common currency

Why CREATE a common currency? Who issues said currency? What happens if it is no longer universally accepted? Who enforces such a currency to be universal?

>Implying government
>Implying Ancap

Choose one.

>Fascism is the only system that works.
>mfw
>>Fascism is the only system that works under a benevolent/god-fearing/nationalist dictator and/or group.
FTFY

The characteristics of money are durability, portability, divisibility, uniformity, limited supply, and acceptability. Any commodity that fits those requirements can be used as a currency, be it precious metals, jewels, deeds & receipts for transferring the ownership of property (which was the original source of currency in the first place), stock in a company, or digital units of ownership. Nowhere in there did it say government is necessary for a common currency. This is like asking why common languages crop up in distinct communities, rational self interest.
>B-but if there's no government to set the national language then what's gonna stop people in Iceland from suddenly speaking Chinese?

I'm the best, it's what I do.
Anyway, Ancap society is just a bunch of niggers with money, who fight over it constantly. At least with government, there is more stability. I've never heard of a successful ancap country.

So how are railways in small and densely populated areas going to work in ancapistan? Multiple railways next to each other?

you got it wrong, someone else's violation of the NAP doesn't mean you can violate it in anything more than self defense or an equal measure.
Someone violating the NAP is not an excuse for your violent tendencies, sounds like normalfaggotry to me.

*helicopter lands*
*figure in a suit jumps out*

Heard some commies were-a-talkin' shit in this thread. Want me to sort 'em out? I've got helicopter rides, free of charge for all marxists!

> pic
Were those people going to gas all the computer science majors?

>implying there's a difference between communism and socialism

The ancap ideology was only invented in the mid 20th century, it takes a little longer than that to proliferate an ideology in the hearts of men and create a new country.

>ifunny
People like you who make AnCaps/libertarians look like idiots.

Ancap seems like an utopist meme ideology, but I can honestly see it work. It'd be hard, but it could work.

>Low value payment

You have to accept low payment if all other companies do the same thing for their self interest. Cartels are created out of self interest. Forcing you to buy with a decided currency that locks out competition is a very good business strategy, especially if you can only earn money in those currencies. You can't search for alternatives forever when you MUST eat.

>Increases cost of bribery
Then become your own judge. Who is the one issuing credentials? Buy those credentials. There's no law against being your own judge, jury, and executioner in an ancap society. To enforce such a rule would imply a universal government that has a goal to prevent monopolies and vested interests.

>Compromise integrity
If it's not reported, who knows? Who issues studies and who makes the reports? They can lie, too, and be controlled as well. Especially if courts and police act as a privatized mob. It's all a matter of favors and non-monetary compensation at that point.

>Not secured by a monopolized entity
Nothing starts as a monopoly. That just takes time.

>Profit is something that benefits you
"Gas the kikes, race war now!" That benefits white people. Why not do that in an ancap society? It certainly counts as profit for white people.

>People don't turn into ATM robots
No, they turn into what they've always been.

Animals.

kek

oh look it's Sup Forums circa 2004

Same with Naziism. Still, those fuckers had a country at least for a few years.

Indeed you did fix that for me.

says the guy with the fag memes

Threadly reminder that Commonwealth Iceland was a prime example of anarcho capitalism.

> wanting one individual to hold absolute power over you
Fascism is the ultimate cuck ideology

>that picture
Are you being ironic, eigo sensei at moonland?
Please be.

This.

When you think about it, Anarcho-Capitalism is the most masculine ideology.

Feels bretty good to be ancap desu.

do u like?

That sounds like heaven to me.

That is not exactly correct.
As long as the populace is content and socioeconomical level is increasing.
Think about it, it is much easier to revolt against in comparison to the parliamenter system where you are (((represented))). Both pragmatically, and emotional wise.
It takes a Herculean to effort to keep the engines of Fascism running, instead of eluding responsibility and blaming the other in a democratic parliament.

>make a contract with RevengeSquad™ to kill anyone who killed you in the event of your demise
>forget to tell parents
>commit suicide
>RevengeSquad™ bombs your grave which is in a plot of land your parents own
>Parents fire LibertyShot™ Missile at RevengeSquad™ HQ
>RevengeSquad™ annihilate your parents home killing everyone inside
AnCap Paradise

>Agreeing with someone who has power
>Having same/similar goals
>Getting shit done

Sounds like a good time. If ever we step out of agreement, there's always the revolutionary option.

People can only have as much power over you as you give them. The people can take it back at any time, as long as they're not stupid. It's that last part that is the real trick, though.