Hobbies?

what are some non-degenerate hobbies? I think I am finally done with the video games.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XIAPKzWqgpU
youtube.com/watch?v=EmNN6xrdO5M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Adult kickball league

youtube.com/watch?v=XIAPKzWqgpU

Guns.

Walking.

watching paint dry

martial arts

Gardening.

SLIDE THREAD

THIS IS NOT POLITICAL

SAGE

Load your own ammunition and frequent a gun range

Fishing
>but only when you eat the fish you catch

This. Buy some guns and learn to shoot. Right now I'm putting together a black powder pistol kit, it's like combining modeling with guns which is two decent hobbies.

>working out
>hiking
>camping
>cycling
>guns
>linux
>making music
>painting
>sculpting
>gardening
Consuming music and literature is a productive use of time in the instance that it challenges your ideological preconceptions.

gundam

Lifting weights, just started a few days ago after dropping video games and i'm already feeling jacked.

go outside user and get some air. do any type of sport or outdoor hobby. If unathletic then try bicycling, fishing, walking, jogging, camping, hiking...

Im an enviormentalist and make it a point to walk around my little neighborhood picking up trash, as well as volunteering at this local little goodwill type of place.

To build on that;
I stopped playing video games 6 months ago and just started walking. I have about 5.5 hours of free time in the day after work+sleep+ commute time to and from work. I started out with just am hour a day, then pushed it a little further to almost two hours, and now I'm averaging about 3 a day.
Great exercise, listen to music, tear through tons of audio books, thinking about trying to learn a language and use my walking to listen to pimsleur recordings to learn at the same time.
Also you sleep amazingly.

Fishing and hunting

Most everything you'll probably hate in life.

Yeah i know that feel
Just do like me, alternate between shitposting here and staring hoplessly at the void that is your live while hoping for death to come and take pity on your miserable existence
works well enough

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
It's fun, constructive and a good workout

The board is called politically incorrect not politics.

You're doing it wrong turbofag

Warhammer 40.000

literarily man beset by impossible evils and themselves, and yet fighting to live another day

also based on the Nazi aestethic

also, excellent community of mature men with money and importance

>excellent community
I wanted to get into it but each time I've gone to a 40k place it looks like it is filled with shut-ins. I dont want to socialize with people as spergy as me.

I always enjoy making things
>currently making a teeny tiny cannon out of coca cola cans
It wont even pierce paper but still a fun little thing

Get into sculpting bruh.....go buy some super sculpey.....build some shit and throw it in your oven....good shit! You're so busy sculpting that you end up not spending money...so your bank grows nicely.

how did you make it? I want to see a pic

You just have to put on a collared shirt and bite the bullet. For me personally it took like 4-5 trips to the local store to get invited to a private gaming group. Now i have them to play with, and there's not a single sperg among them. We've even gone fishing together. And you're lucky, American, there's more people playing 40k in your country than in mine.

Aditionally, /tg/ is a great first guide for getting into 40k.

Tennis

Learn to play an instrument l

Chess

Forgot to change my flag after shitposting

Collecting, modifying, fixing, cleaning and learning to be an expert shot with firearms is 10/10 hobby and usually how I spend my Saturday. A bit pricey but if you have a decent job it isn't too bad.

I'm also starting to get in to fitness and healthy eating; I kicked smoking and am trying to start running again. First couple months are tough but trust me you'll feel fantastic and people treat in shape people entirely different (prepare to have your dick sucked literally and metaphorically)

Also sports are great, an user mentioned Tennis in here which is a real great work-out and fun sport that doesn't require too many people.
Chess and music is great but I'd focus on getting active first if you've lived a sedentary lifestyle
Don't get a retarded fag hobby brother

Gardening. Classic auto restoration. Assembly language hacking. All guaranteed to make your neckbeard come in nicely.

I just browse pol and fap all day

[and ]

>people treat in shape people entirely different This is true. I'm a lanklet, have been my entire adult life. Think Shaggy from Scooby Doo. I've only been lifting seriously for about two months, and only just now starting to see any physical gains at all that I can notice. You can barely even see a change in tone on me anywhere unless I flex. I'm not even ottermode. All I notice, are I feel a little better, I can feel my arm's triceps and biceps on my sides a little more, can do a pull up, and that I can do more pushups in a row than I was capable of for years before.
Yet already for just two months of effort, women are eyeing me a lot more, and flirting a bit. They're... just more generally cheerful around me. My friend told me last week "dude you look huge."
I just eat protein shakes and work out less than I feel I should be, yet things are happening. I don't even have any abs, pecks, or legs I can speak of yet, and still people are treating me better. Feels good, man. It feels very good. I want more.

Do this thing! You won't regret it.

There are some pretty good phone apps for working out that you might want to look in to brother, I know my biggest issue is that I'm extremely competitive and have a hard time motivating myself unless I work out with others. I'm in my early 30s and my friends are all deadbeats so having the phone tell me to do shit and give me goals helps a lot. Keep up the good work

workout your brain and...
r...re..reading?..
youtube.com/watch?v=EmNN6xrdO5M

Which music do you make and what program do you use?

I do wotagei

You are contradicting yourself.

any particular recommendations?

Moé animé.
Hentai fapping.

Guns
Guns
And more guns

Second this. Learn discipline!

Reading and gym or other sports

smoking (tobacco)
painting
running
fencing
martial arts or lifting weights
piano, cello, violin, harpsichord, theremin (i.e. non-degenerate instruments)
anime

Idols

This has been a recent thing for me but Couch25K or however the fuck they stylize it is great, you'll probably struggle to do day 1 but keep at it, once you get it down you'll coast along the program and see fantastic gains. I just started one called Ultimate Ab & Core Workouts that's a bit barebones and doesn't have many programs but what's there works great and can be done at home. I have a marine buddy who's in great shape that swears by the Jim Stoppani (might be spelling that wrong) suite of apps but they're a little bit advanced and you'll need a decent gym to do some of the exercises. I plan to eventually do those but I'm honestly still a couple months off

> Exercise
> Builds friendships
> Encourages competition

What did you just say to me, you little bitch?

Saving up for my CZ p10c right now (yes, I am poor)

Learn astral projection.

I'm really into people like Loren Connors, Olivia Block, Genocide Organ, Keith Rowe, Maeror Tri, Nurse With Wound, Set Fire to Flames etc and the various ways their styles intersect, so I spend a lot of time doodling on lap steel, thinking up prepared guitar techniques, making field recordings, finding tape loops, and things like that. It isn't often that I'm editing sound on the computer, but when I do I usually just use Goldwave.

Aside from /out/ and /k/?
Wargaming.

Guns and homebrewing. Defend your beer from the moochers.

getting into making art is always good.

Can you recommend!mend a good starter theremin?

Weightlifting
Mountaineering
Mathematics

MY hobbies
>Painting
>Climbing
>Playing guitar

doing photo on my spare time and really enjoying it.

a Moog is probably your best bet
i got the EWSTD019 and im satisfied with it

You know what? You just convinced me to start doing this. I'm kind of dropping off video games as a hobby (beyond a few titles each year I actually want to pick up) and walking sounds like a good thing to start getting into the habit of. Plus I have a ton of podcasts that I'm falling behind on.

Thanks for that user

Tap dancing and thesaurus reading, OP.

Art and Music are designed to express beauty, these hobbies are an outlet for ugly people to be loved for a short period of time. Your body and mind should be your greatest artistic achievement, it is the path to true beauty and lots of pussy.

Work out, be smart, don't be too nice, enjoy a happy life

...what's an example of a degenerate instrument?

A good rule of thumb for finding good non degenerate hobbies is to ask your self these 2 questions

>Does it increase my Physical abilities such as strength, endurance, will power, or other healthy aspect
>Does it further a skill that is either artistic, helpful, resourceful, or marketable.

Good none degenerate hobbies would be:
>painting
>Any sort of physical activity
>Hunting
>Fishing
>Climbing
>Leaning an interment
>Sculpting
>Pottery
>Gardening
>Wood working
>Textiles (Sewing, leather working, stitching, ect ect.)
>Electronic work such as making clocks or using devices like a raspberry pie for home automation or helpful thing like that
>Cooking
>reading

So long as your are actually trying to further your artistic skills in the hobby, its a good one, if all you are doing is slapping them together to play, its not that great.

Actually trying for display level models is really fucking hard to do and takes a lot of time and skill, one example would be try to look up how to paint non metallic metals. Its an artistic skill.

10/10 post, thanks. I guess what is hard is that thinking of those things I find them boring. but I guess there is a difference between thinking of doing something and actually doing it. I'll try it out.

I do it all the time, there's nothing better, especially if you have family with you.

Get into leather working. Belts are an easy thing to get started on and you can make good side money just making those. Very tedious work once you get into more intricate stuff but I find it absolutely soothing.

Thanks! I've been interested in them for a while, I'll check it out

didgeridoo
harmonica
some even count dj sets as instrument
bongo drums

anything you dont need skill to play

The thing about finding a good hobby you like, is you are never going to know until you actually try it.

what he said, but also the context

Right now
> shooting
> programming (write my own apps, scripts)
> reading
> snowboard come winter

Going to put some time into making a Terrarium this week >>out/1071433

Used to fence epee, later foil, but it took it's tool on my knees. It's also incredibly time demanding.

Sadly my physical activity has fallen to the wayside, but I think I'd like to get back to lifting.

>>>out/1071433
derp

Also worth noting: the most degenerate thing you can do in life is to take naps. Your body doesn't require them and the habit is incredibly easy to break. Cut down on caffine first since you'll be inclined to use it as a crutch when the going gets tough. Life is short and wasting your time napping is incredibly faggy

Some guide on jewtube, im only at the point of sanding down the wooden stock and 75% towards all the cans needed
>its like 50 cans in total

HOW FUCKING HARD CAN IT BE TO JUST SIMPLY LIMIT THE TIME YOU SPEND ON GAMES JESUS CHRIST

>eu meme flagger who cant crossboard

Golf, tennis, rugby, hunting, sailing, smoking, polo, plenty of non degenerate things to do

Come reenacting! It's a blast.

harmonica? Really?

Sure you can play randomly if you want, but it takes real skill to play one properly.

By that logic recorders are degenerate, even though basically every kid has played one

>wasting your time napping

bullshit. some people get by on a few hours of sleep at night and make up for it with a few catnaps during the day.

nothing wrong with napping. It depends on what you do when you are awake. neither you nor anyone else is 100% productive all the time.

On the other hand if you are complaining because you do more than your share of the work at McDonald's then I understand your frustration.

its very unhygienic
a recorder is more degenerate than clarinet or a concert flute

Join the Marine Corp. You don't have to drop vidya all together, just play simple shit like Age of Empires 2 or 3, or shit like EU4, just simple games with basic ranking systems that you can spend an hour or two on a day.

Weightlifting, learning a new sport, learning a new language, learn a new instrument, rebuilding cars, chess, cards, bartending, guns/shooting, learning new classes (there's websites where you can take the equivalent of college courses for free).

playin musical intruments is near the best hobby. and the sooner you take it up the better it gets

Go away leftypol

Gardening. Plant flowers, fruit trees, veggies, grape vine...

>it takes real skill to play one properly.

Mick Jagger for example. He can play a guitar, but his harmonica playing is incredible.

Aquariums.

I even have a gourami that looks like lord Trump.

I disagree. My sleep schedule is biphasic - midnight to 5am, go to work, come home and then 5.00 to 5.30/6pm nap.

Tobacco smoking (high quality pipe and cigars)

Fishing

Woodwork

Reading

This poor user is addicted to napping, his time must not be very valuable.
Sad!