America needs to apologize for Hiroshima

Today marks the anniversary for one of the most terrible war crimes ever committed in the history of human conflict. Hiroshima and Nagasaki were terrible acts that I have seen many people here justify in the past, I hope that everyone can agree now that even if they believe that they were necessary or committed against a country that had it's own share of atrocities, that they were still war crimes and that they should be apologized for.

It doesn't matter if you think it was justified because the fact is that it was a war crime and war crimes should be apologized for regardless of whether or not you think it was the "lesser of two evils". It was a direct targeting of a civilian population, it instantly killed over a hundred thousand innocent civilians who had no part in any other atrocity or war crime that you may feel the need to deflect to for some reason. Those that survived were inflicted with debilitating injuries that not just affected them but also increased the risk of ailments such cancer for their descendants who are no longer at war with you. Put aside your pride and apologize for what you know were terrible acts, what you know were war crimes.

Before you start typing a trash reply in frothing anger, I acknowledge that world war 2 was not a black and white, "good" vs "evil" affair, it was a 5 year cluster fuck and all major factions committed atrocities and war crimes such as the bombing of Dresden and the rape of Berlin and they should also be apologized for as well but that is not the subject of this thread so please don't feel the need to deflect to them or call me a hypocrite.

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.org/newsroom/article.asp?id=1930
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw op doesn't realize that japs committed far more war crimes that were arguably worse

Fuck off, eurofag. I'd nuke you if I could, I'd love seeing your bastard children get cancer in their childhood, and I'd nuke Japan again if they picked a fight with us. Imagine how much pain those people in that pic were in, then grind salty lemon juice into their flesh. Tha'ts what I want to happen to you, you stupid limpwristed fag.

apologize?

and what is that going to do?

nobody needs a damn apology. The opening up of Japan after its surrender can not be undone, and the lives taken don't come back.

apology....
please.

#SorryNotSorry

>America should apologies for wanting Japan to surrender to them rather than to the Soviets
>Hence, establish a strong puppet country in the far-east that would help stabilize the now modern economy

Total war is a bitch

>skin melted off
>clothes relatively intact
come on now

We should nuke the Japs again, just to show we mean business.

don't pick a fight you can't win you faggot

two nukes weren't enough

A. The nukes didn't end the war, Russia declaring war on Japan was the final straw

B. There was a huge push to show the world what America was capable of to gain leverage in talks post-war.

C. The Japanese are lucky since the Russians could've controlled half of their shit for decades if America didn't.

Ww2 was a good vs evil. And goodness won. Sorry mate. You're too young to understand. Maybe later in life you will. You know after you've stopped sucking your dads cock and your balls dropped.

Jews need to apologize for Hiroshima*

Japan felt it was honorable.
So fuck off.

Mmmmm nah

Canadian or German flag?

Hitler should have won.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it a crime given the circumstances, but I'm sorry for it.

No worse than anything Godzilla's ever done to them.

ok euroweenie whatever you say. Two bombs literally created the zombie genre in japan.

It was a war crime, however an apology at this point would be fairly pointless.

UV radiation is some shit, people wearing checkered shirts had the pattern burnt into their skin.

DOD had plans to release bats rigged with small incindeary devices onto Japan. Due to the wood and paper construction of much of the cities, mass fire would result , same as mass conventional bombing, that's part of the deliberation thoughts on usage.

>Before you start typing a trash reply in frothing anger, I acknowledge that world war 2 was not a black and white, "good" vs "evil" affair, it was a 5 year cluster fuck and all major factions committed atrocities and war crimes such as the bombing of Dresden and the rape of Berlin and they should also be apologized for as well but that is not the subject of this thread so please don't feel the need to deflect to them or call me a hypocrite.

Genocidal Americans, what else is new. I'm sure there are some of your rational countrymen on this board.

They got to feel their skin burn, char and melt and then vomit up their liquefying organs due to radiation damage at the cellular level until they died of shock in extreme agony. Hiroshima victims had some of the most unpleasant and agonizing deaths of the war. Women, children, civilians. It was a war crime.

They literally started it

So 0?

Japan totally warned USA of the incoming attack. Japan attacked because USA had embargos around Japan even tho USA was "neutral" at the time.

USA collected all their fleet in one harbour for Japan to bomb and provoke USA entering WW2.

Military industrial complex got a stimulus boost that day.

ITS ALL PLANNED.
EVERY.
FUCKING.
TIME.

yeehaw

The atom bombs killed 250,000 people roughly 0.2% of the 80,000,000 people killed in WWII and it ended the fucking war.

In contrast the Japs killed 20 million Chinese, 600,000 in Nanking alone simply as a consequence of random rapes and murders by the occupying forces.

You reap what you sew.

Obama did.

nice b8 thread. everyone knows that the japs committed worse atrocities than the nazis

>Japs killed 20 million Chinese

And this is bad because?

/thread

if i saw that fuckers head sticking out of the ground id freak out and kick it like a soccer ball into the sun the little fucker needs to stay in its own yard and off my fucking sidewalk i swear to fucking god i hate dogs so much

How exactly do you think a land invasion of Japan go in terms of civilian casualties, bub?

I don't think people appreciate just how fearsome Japan was during WWII. They were a fucking hornet's nest, going crazy on everything around them. They even sent suicide attacks to take out our boats. They couldn't be dealt with in the same way we'd deal with Europeans.

The only way to win was to fight to the last man. They were going to do it, so they'd force us to meet them on that level. Dropping a nuke on them showed them how hopeless it was, even if they wanted to keep fighting. Fighting to the last man doesn't seem so great when you can't take your opponent out at all. We just showed we could stand back and obliterate them without losing a single person if necessary. And they needed a demonstration of that power. The second one was a reminder that this isn't a one time deal. We could have done that shit as many times as we needed.

Together, your replies fulfill the obligation for an apology. Thank you.

That doesn't mean anything. You can't just torture people and say that "They started it". The innocent civilian victims of Hiroshima that didn't die instantly were tortured for hours, days and weeks as their bodies shut down due to severe burns and radiation. I believe it mandates an apology.

All because FDR let the japanese bomb pearl harbor was shit like this allowed to fly. Had america not felt Wounded by the "Suprise Attack" There might have been more heistation to Drop a literal Outdoor Microwave on human beings
>inb4 uh You clearly don't know how nuclear bombs work
>inb4 the japs had it coming for P-Harbor!

Firebombing tokyo was way worse.

are they going to McDonald's for milkshakes?

I like Japan, but they started it. You fuck with us, we clap back.

How old are you?
>not to mention the gubment allowed for pearl harbor to happen

Two nukes weren't enough desu

that's the only thing i'll give praise to Obama for.
he may bow to some king like a bitch, but he never apologized to the japs for dropping the bombs.

No the fuck we don't.....They stated the fight and would not relent until we smashed the shit out of them.....I am so tired of the white guilt routine.....play stupid games, win stupid prizes

MAGA

I don't think the bombing could have been prevented and I know it's just a cherry on top but you've lost everything you stand for if you start thinking about it in that way. Killing and right and wrong isn't that black and white.

Id bomb them again just for creating anime. Im dead fucking serious

> Start war
> Get rekt
> Winning side should apologize

How about no?

DO IT AGAIN BOMBS AWAY LEMAY!

Learn how to greentext euro trash.

You must have a diverse, well balanced social circle and be quite the hoot at parties.

it brings me joy to be able to use this reaction.

Answer my question, buddy. After the Japanese convinced non-citizens of Japan to literally jump off of cliffs to avoid Americans, how do you think civilian casualties would've counted up to in a land-invasion?

Japan may have gotten nuked, but the burgers lost that war.

America will never be a white nation again.

sage

Dumb japs got what they deserved. No need to apologize.

In June 1940, Henry L. Stimson, who had been secretary of war under Taft and secretary of state under Hoover, became secretary of war again. Stimson was a lion of the Anglophile, northeastern upper crust and no friend of the Japanese. In support of the so-called Open Door Policy for China, Stimson favored the use of economic sanctions to obstruct Japan’s advance in Asia. Treasury Secretary Henry Morgenthau and Interior Secretary Harold Ickes vigorously endorsed this policy. Roosevelt hoped that such sanctions would goad the Japanese into making a rash mistake by launching a war against the United States, which would bring in Germany because Japan and Germany were allied.

Accordingly, the Roosevelt administration, while curtly dismissing Japanese diplomatic overtures to harmonize relations, imposed a series of increasingly stringent economic sanctions on Japan. In 1939 the United States terminated the 1911 commercial treaty with Japan. “On July 2, 1940, Roosevelt signed the Export Control Act, authorizing the President to license or prohibit the export of essential defense materials.” Under this authority, “[o]n July 31, exports of aviation motor fuels and lubricants and No. 1 heavy melting iron and steel scrap were restricted.” Next, in a move aimed at Japan, Roosevelt slapped an embargo, effective October 16, “on all exports of scrap iron and steel to destinations other than Britain and the nations of the Western Hemisphere.” Finally, on July 26, 1941, Roosevelt “froze Japanese assets in the United States, thus bringing commercial relations between the nations to an effective end. One week later Roosevelt embargoed the export of such grades of oil as still were in commercial flow to Japan.”[2] The British and the Dutch followed suit, embargoing exports to Japan from their colonies in southeast Asia.

The sharpest edge I've seen all day today.

An Untenable Position

Roosevelt and his subordinates knew they were putting Japan in an untenable position and that the Japanese government might well try to escape the stranglehold by going to war. Having broken the Japanese diplomatic code, the Americans knew, among many other things, what Foreign Minister Teijiro Toyoda had communicated to Ambassador Kichisaburo Nomura on July 31: “Commercial and economic relations between Japan and third countries, led by England and the United States, are gradually becoming so horribly strained that we cannot endure it much longer. Consequently, our Empire, to save its very life, must take measures to secure the raw materials of the South Seas.”[3]
Because American cryptographers had also broken the Japanese naval code, the leaders in Washington knew as well that Japan’s “measures” would include an attack on Pearl Harbor.[4] Yet they withheld this critical information from the commanders in Hawaii, who might have headed off the attack or prepared themselves to defend against it. That Roosevelt and his chieftains did not ring the tocsin makes perfect sense: after all, the impending attack constituted precisely what they had been seeking for a long time. As Stimson confided to his diary after a meeting of the war cabinet on November 25, “The question was how we should maneuver them [the Japanese] into firing the first shot without allowing too much danger to ourselves.”[5] After the attack, Stimson confessed that “my first feeling was of relief ... that a crisis had come in a way which would unite all our people.[6]
independent.org/newsroom/article.asp?id=1930

Nah they don't
The Jap's have committed many inhumane war crimes onto the Chinese Korea's
Those two nukes where something of cosmic justice
Fucking japs

The nukes did not end the war. The Russians declaring war on Japan did.

>found the nigger

100% agreed. I think a lot of people don't realize how fucking awful those weapons are and how using them on a civilian population is a blatant war crime. If the US blanketed Hiroshima in chlorine gas you'd see a different and much more severe backlash against it because Europeans and Americans have seen what that does to their own sons and fathers after the first world war.

I stopped reading after "terrible war crimes"

Sage and disregard this fucking loser

Apologize for General Sherman.

This is an example of a great shill. You earned your 15 cents here buddy.

Xd let's attack things that can't fight back due to complete lack of confidence xdxdxdxdxd

Tldr: Gas yourself nigger

Eisenhower was in Europe fighting Germany and Italy, he didn't know exactly what was going on in the Pacific and hadn't fought the Japanese himself.
Japan was not going to surrender unless it was shocked into doing it. They didn't give up on any of the island battles, and they certainly wouldn't just give up the mainland.
Even when Hirohito finally realized surrender was the only real option aside from total destruction, many Japanese army generals tried to stop him and prevent the message of surrender from being broadcasted.

>american education

That's a meme you worthless cum dumpsters.

>Ready to surrender
>didn't surrender after the first bomb

NIGGER THEY FUCKING STARTED THE WAR YOU RETARDED DICKHEAD
This is a bait thread. Redpill, sage, and leave the thread

Start shit get hit retard.

While potentially true, as a percentage of total population of Jews versus total world population of Chinese, the percentage of Jews killed by the Germans is far, far higher.

It's "sow" you ignoramus, they're not stitching clothes.

OOGA BOOGA

August 6:
First Nuclear detonation
Truman calls for Japanese surrender

August 8:
Soviets declare war on Japan, invading Manchukuo

August 9:
Emperor Hirohito intervenes and orders Supreme Council to surrender
Second Nuclear bomb

>KYS

Dc knew the attack was coming you knuckle dragging fuck.

Japanese were willing to die for the emperor even after Germany fell.
They wanted more land and got bombed once the US realised this. It sucks ass, because we didn't really now the effects but we wanted to and Japan gave us the best excuse to use it. So we did it twice, but I guess now we know. Sorry Japs, but what did you think was going to happen.

Apologize for what? They started it.

GOOD POST

Except Nagasaki wasn't the original target, Kyoto was. It was changed just weeks before by Henry Stimson, secretary of war.

It was just a prank.

As an American in Japan, I'm sorry. However none of my ancestors fought in the war and I wish the axis beat the Jews.

>diverse, well balanced
>social circle
Choose one leaf
Shitpost more

Fucking this. I've been to the goddamned Nanjing memorial. Just cause we stuck your oppai ball in the microwave twice is nothing compared to the horrible shit japs did there and everywhere in China. I've got some interesting photos of shit there if anyone wants to see.

Reparations when?

Shut up, you disgusting slavaboo.
>Criticize America for joining the war against Germany six months after USSR did and say the US did nothing
>USSR joins the war against Japan the day before it ends and they claim to be the decisive factor
Maybe the USSR would have defeated Japanese forces in Asia, but only the US posed a direct threat to the Japanese mainland.

Americans are literally incapable of comprehending the idea that we can commit war crimes, so good luck. Americans will even defend the use of agent orange, which fucked up almost as many Americans as it did Vietnamese. The problem with the idea of the rules of war is that they only apply to the loser, because no winner in their right mind would punish themself. It just so happens that the US has never been the loser (in terms of having our country invaded/destroyed). Never having been the loser, the US has never been punished which leads Americans to the false idea that we are noble freedom loving warriors or something. The US has been waging brutal wars for globalism since 1865, and the whole time the government has kept the stupid goyim signing up to fight by feeding them lies about "freedom and democracy".

Didn't Obumcuck already do that?

Daily reminder that in order to save jewish civilians, it was necessary to mass murder japanese and german civilians.

War crime? What kind of faggot hippie shit is a war crime? Anything goes in war, only a leftist cuck would complain of war crimes.

I always read that the US were expecting up to 1,000,000 casualties of service men if we indeed invaded Japan. I could be wrong tho. Any clarification to this wiuld be greatly appreciated.

The formation of anime was not a war crime, faggot.

What kind of kikery is this? Provoking someone into attacking then playing the victim afterwards..

would*