Buddhism

What does Sup Forums think about Buddhism? I've been considering converting to it as an alternative to (((Christianity.)))

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HmrebXca-ZE
youtube.com/watch?v=A0iDNLxmWVM
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tyVdnIU9A
youtube.com/watch?v=dsbj7EN1Uzs
youtube.com/watch?v=IQmodO2quW0
youtube.com/watch?v=DiYQzOypD9o
veteranstoday.com/2015/06/23/e-michael-jones-on-david-duke-and-his-weltanschauung/
tabletmag.com/jewish-life-and-religion/193989/the-roots-of-mindfulness
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2009/feb/10/tibet-china-feudalism
archive.is/n5x4q
reason.com/archives/2010/07/28/the-truth-about-tibetan-buddhi
faithandheritage.com/2013/08/the-adl-issues-a-report-on-kinism/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Buddhism is more a way of life than a religion, considering you don't really worship a supreme being. So it's already pretty redpilled.

If you aren't bothered by the fact it's been corrupted by new age hippie boomers, then by all means go for it.

Buddhism is a truly redpilled way of life, i suggest you listening to alan watts lectures where he talks about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=HmrebXca-ZE

Same teachings really.
I would avoid the whole worship of Jesus thing myself.
Buddhism is the oldest religion and is full of knowledge about the self and our experiences on earth, more wisdom there i think.

>(((Christianity.)))
kys faggot
why don't you actually read the bible first before believing shitty larpagan memes?

I have no desire to worship trees. And I have read the Bible.

The Bible is the most bluepilled piece of shit ever written.

I dropped it at the point where they talk about the right size the sacrifice altar should be for 75 straight pages.

Anyone who claims to have read the Bible and didn't come out an atheist, is either dumb or didn't actually read the Bible.

The bible were your god (((Yahve))) says that goys are subhumans ? Sounds like a great religion to follow.

Isn't Buddhism just basically stoicism?

This. That's my main problem with it.

reminder that:

- Buddhism is literally an Aryan religion
- Christianity was literally founded by a Jew

>I have an incredibly low attention span and couldn't handle the most influential writing of all time, therefore it sucks and everyone who likes it is dumb

that's not in the bible wtf are you talking about?
the word "goy" does not exist in the bible retard

>read Bible
>75% is history of the Jews
>"b-but Christianity isn't Jewish guise!"

Do you know what the old testament is ?

Yes, Buddhism is full of Indo-European wisdom.

Das Kapital is pretty influential too, but that doesn't mean I dont go around saying its right like some retarded goy.

Not wanting to read hundreds of pages of meaningless genealogical histories, scientific inaccuracies, circumcisions and debates on the right amount of chicken blood to be used in sacrifices doesn't mean I have a low attention span. It just means I have a low tolerance for bullshit.

The only part of the Bible that's even slightly redeemable is the Psalms, if you read them as sort of spiritual Walt Whitman blank verse poetry. The rest of the Bible is trash and has no place in the 21st century.

hmm funny how millennials and liberals and the Media all shit on Christians and hate the Bible
it's almost as if Christianity teaches family values, women's proper place, respect for your parents and how to treat your fellow man
it's almost as if """"""someone""""" makes the media and Hollywood constantly saying how crap Christians are because they don't want people to read the Bible

but nah I'm sure the fact that jews, muslims, atheists, millennials, liberals, LGBT and feminists all hate Christianity doesn't mean anything

Buddhism just seems pointless to me, rather than harmful like most religions. If you are talking about secular Buddhism (no reincarnation, etc.) you can easily find truth in life without labelling yourself as a Buddhist.

Western Buddhism is a Jewish psy-op

Have you read the New Testament? Cause that shit is actually allright and is less retarded.

This and
This
Also, you are a weak person if you need religion or some kind of ideology to guide you to be a better person.

yeah I've read every single verse multiple times
please show me where it says "goy" or even "goyim" you imbecile
pro-tip: the Bible is not the Talmud or the Torah

Jews created it.

>The Old Testament (abbreviated OT) is the first part of Christian Bibles based primarily upon the Hebrew Bible (or Tanakh), a collection of ancient religious writings by the Israelites believed by many Christians and religious Jews to be the sacred Word of God.
> the Bible is not the Talmud or the Torah

top kek

I'm Buddhist.
The biggest problem I've found is that there is a lot of self help garbage mixed in with actual buddhism. The big thing to do is find the particular path that's best for you, while at the same time filtering the results down to actual books on the subject in question. For example, there is a lot of writing on Tibetan Buddhism which actually focuses on Tibetan Buddhism. But these are often the more obscure works. But still worth Having. The books on the Bardols are definitely worth reading as they tend to help you clear up your movements between the states identified within Buddhist canon.
I will say that some versions of Buddhism are more religious in nature than others. In Tibetan Buddhism, the intermediate state between life and death is a mixture of mental apparition and the core essence moving between life and death and life once more. This speaks to the more supernatural aspect and the bigger unknown of the universe as a whole (its nature) than other forms which seek enlightenment but shy away from the concept of reincarnation itself.

>He fell for the "Jews hate Christianity" meme

m8, Jews invented Christianity. They're the ones who forced it on white people to make us weak cucks. They included anti-semitism in the New Testament as a deflection tactic. "Hey rabbi whatcha doin" is their entire MO.
How fucking bluepilled can you be?

This thread is getting off the rails though. OP wants to know about Buddhism.

It doesn't literally say goy. He simply meant to say that the bible says non-jews are subhuman.

It's true that (((they))) have been trying to control it because it's becoming more popular with whites. But it's not a Jewish religion.

It's not jewish so there's a good chance it's ok.

and you're an idiot if you think that atheists can be moral and logical at the same time
if there is no God and there is no afterlife then there are no morals
there is zero reason to do anything that doesn't make your life as happy and successful as possible
if you're going to die and cease to exist than anything you do for anyone else will cease to have value the second you die
anything that doesn't further your own goals is completely idiotic

dude you can't simply "convert" to buddhism or any religion
you either live it or not , labeling yourself buddhist doesn't make you buddhist

The historical evidence for the resurrection:
youtube.com/watch?v=A0iDNLxmWVM

Proof for the resurrection of Jesus:
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tyVdnIU9A
The first 30 minutes is what's important from this one, the rest is questions and answers.

Ex-atheist scientist tells his story of becoming Christian after realizing that the story of creation in Genesis actually makes the most sense and gets a lot of things right compared to other religious books:
youtube.com/watch?v=dsbj7EN1Uzs

Cold case detective, former atheist analyzed the gospels using his skills and came to the conclusion that Christianity is the true religion and what is written in the New Testament is real.
youtube.com/watch?v=IQmodO2quW0
youtube.com/watch?v=DiYQzOypD9o
The videos are long, but they basically come down to this:
1. The chain of custody is sound, the story doesn't change over time.
2. There was stuff in the Bible that was later confirmed by archeology(places, people, etc.)
3. There are even non-believers' accounts of some stuff Jesus did, just from them you can know a lot about Jesus if you piece it all together.
4. The differences between gospels aren't a bad sign, because witnesses rarely agree on stuff. If every eyewitness would say the same thing, it would be very fishy and would mean they probably talked to each other at one point.
5. The apostles died without getting rich, getting a girlfriend or getting power, they all died horribly. There was no point in spreading Christianity if they didn't believe in it. Why would they risk their life if it wasn't true? Why would they risk their life if it was all forged? Why would Paul try to join this new small church?
Also the only accounts of Romans getting Christians to change their faith was after the 1st century. No account of eyewitnesses ever changing their story.

so... the Bible isn't the torah or the Talmud and it doesn't say goy anywhere
glad you pointed that out

I agree that the lack of a a belief system leads to decline in morals. But the West doesn't need ancient Jewish mythology to have good morals.

Yeah I've noticed this as well. It's hard to find books written by anyone other than Suzuki or Watts that actually deals with Buddhism rather than "finding inner peace" or something gay like that.

The only way to enlightenment, Jews and associates hate it.

>and you're an idiot if you think that atheists can be moral and logical at the same time
>if there is no God and there is no afterlife then there are no morals

And you're even more of a retard if you need fear of hell to behave yourself, humans created morals in the form of religion not the other way around.

This.

However, do NOT join Soka Gakkai. They are a cult that founded Komeito and kills anyone who disagrees with them. They buy police and push people off buildings to make it look like suicides. Their international spread has caused dumbfuck celebrities like Orlando Bloom to join them but it's all about the money.

And no, don't be fooled by the English Wikipedia page on them, because they're watching it.

jews did not create the Bible
they created the scriptures that are in the bible but they did not create the bible
they also don't read the bible and they hate Christianity because they consider it heresy

Buddhism is pretty redpilled, and is great if you want something to believe in, but are not into the dogma. Also try checking out Shinto as well. It is a redpill, and I personally like it. I cannot wait for these less dogmatic religions to be the majority, rather than Christianity, or Islam. Atheism is also pretty redpilled.

you can follow Buddhist philosophy and be a Christian at the same time.

Christianity is the way and the truth but Buddhism has good life guidelines.

It's aryan, it's like scientific and woke. And like it isn't even a religion it'd a lifestyle bro.

Like anyone can be Buddhist and we are like very tolerant yo. Buddhism I the final pill like life is suffering but mediation is SCIENTIFICALLY proven to help us bro. Like its way open minded xtianity is just retarded and xenophobic bro.

I know this. By "convert" I mean change my lifestyle, not just adopt a label.

Buddhism isn't corrupted at all. You wouldn't say hammers are corrupted just because a group of retards pick them up and start combing their pubes with the fork end. You say "wow look at those retards who don't know what a hammer is for"

>Atheism is also pretty redpilled.
>flag

Rothschild shill, pls go.

>Atheism is also pretty redpilled.

Atheism is a Jewish invention it turns men into beta cucks.

Attached is voting intention by belief. Notice atheists and Jews are virtually identical.

If you allow people to think that atheism is acceptable you get moral degradation, communism, identity politics, etc. Things that directly enables Islam.

You should fight the enemy within with the same vigour that you fight the enemy without.

You might get faggots replying to this post saying 'hurr well I'm a red pilled atheist I voted for Trump', well how is that any different from Abdul from Syria saying 'I'm not like those other muslims, I'm moderate'? Stereotypes exist for a reason, and evidence dictates atheists are social poison.

> jews did not create the bible
> they created the scriptures that are in the bible

Then why does the Jewish media promote it so much?

There's nothing wrong with xenophobia. One of problems with Christianity is that it promotes internationalism.

buddhism is degenerate....

Buddhism is a religion for fedorafags who want to feel spiritual by doing deep breathing exercises once a week.

The Dalai Lama is a communist.

sounds like a sect where they take your possessions and drive into suicide or terrorism

>How can I be moral if I don't have an invisible man in the sky telling me what to do???

If you need a book to tell you not to kill people, treat your neighbor with kindness and to obey the Golden Rule, then you are literally lower than a nigger.

Buddhism doesn't require you to believe in any magic or accept obvious contradictions in theology. Alan Watts has done a great job of explaining Buddhism in a way people from a Western cultural tradition can understand while still getting across the spirit and practice of Buddhism.

HOWEVER. A common mistake people make is to confuse the traditional and successful nature of East Asian cultures as coming from Buddhism. Their success and family values actually come from cultural Confucianism, which is not mutually exclusive with religious Buddhism.

The bible was written by dozens of people at different times, only after hundreds of years of purely word of mouth getting the stories and ""records"" around. It's a trite factory

what he said.
Humans created different ideologies and religions to get the society on track. Now we don't need that guidance because we are already evolved to the point that we can separate good from bad by ourselves.
You wouldn't hurt a child playing in a play ground randomly. You don't need religion to tell you that you shouldn't. If you do then you are probably a psychopath.

actually the Romans created Christianity you ignorant neanderthal
you realize that the jews deny Jesus being CHRIST as in the Son of God right?
and that they hate Jesus, the guy who's name is in the title of the religion?
and that jews hate Christianity and consider it heresy?

but yes I'm sure that's why the the ((((media)))) makes Christians look like sexist racist idiots that need to be destroyed for their homophobia

>One of problems with Christianity is that it promotes internationalism.
[Citation Needed]

Christianity promotes a strong ethnic understanding.

veteranstoday.com/2015/06/23/e-michael-jones-on-david-duke-and-his-weltanschauung/

You guys are so delusional

It doesn't.

Elaborate.

I hate to say it, but pop buddhism has injured proper buddhism hard. I've actually dedicated a number of resources to collecting actual books on the Tibetan Buddhism canon. In the end, what people see on TV is more a carefully crafted version of it all. I've seen people with Prayer flags that are only hung inside. Whereas last night I actually went through the effort of taking down and burning my old prayer flags which had become discolored and tattered. Come December, the next flags get replaced.
They sit there and talk about their finding inner peace, but I found that being at peace is as easy to slip into after you've done it enough. The real trick is the slow release of attachment so as to allow one to find true enlightenment. This is the most difficult, and most intense aspect that demands the practitioners time and energy.

By following the codes written down, one naturally finds themselves enacting them naturally and without thought, so that in essence, they draw closer to their buddha nature.
Nichiren is the only Alternative to SG here in the states. I didn't much care for the "Find release in this life with no real effort" though. Lay Buddhism can be a bit dodgey.

Spoiler alert: Jews lie.
In case you didn't figure that out by now.

Hinduism for Plebs

not really, a nigger couldn't even read a book, and even i he could and did, he wouldn't learn anything from it

No, it teaches that there is no difference between Jews, Greeks, or anyone else. It does not promote ethnic understanding.

It's the oldest (first) and most original religion in the world you dumb nigger.

You and I know that we Buddhists are seen as Heretics to Brahman priests.

In terms of living a peaceful life, Buddhism is a great religion.

avoiding sex to be enlightened and supposed to fund a bunch of monks that lives on gibs

[citation needed]

There are archaeologists confirming biblical accounts almost everyday, you retard.

Yes it does.

tabletmag.com/jewish-life-and-religion/193989/the-roots-of-mindfulness

Personal charity =/=state coercion.

That verse was targeted at jews telling them to get over themselves, you idiot.

Hinduism for plebs. Invented specifically for cucks that can't take the Hindusim redpill.

What would be your advice for finding a formal community of Buddhists in the USA? I'm a "lay Buddhist" but it's not by choice.

you're a fucking retard if you think that buddhism is
> avoiding sex to be enlightened and supposed to fund a bunch of monks that lives on gibs
now kys ignorant faggot

I'm sure there are a few zen temples in Commiefornia that just cover the basics. You just go in there and sit straight-backed cross-legged on a cushion with your hands forming a circle while the monk mumbles about how troubles in your daily life may seem overwhelming but there is comfort to be found in silence, etc.

Archaeology has proven the story of Moses to be a total myth. The Book of Joshua also contradicts archaeology.

>Yes it does.
Name one (1) major movie, song or book in the last decade promoting buddhism.

Buddhism has never built a successful society.

>Until 1959, when China cracked down on Tibetan rebels and the Dalai Lama fled to northern India, around 98% of the population was enslaved in serfdom. Drepung monastery, on the outskirts of Lhasa, was one of the world's largest landowners with 185 manors, 25,000 serfs, 300 pastures, and 16,000 herdsmen. High-ranking lamas and secular landowners imposed crippling taxes, forced boys into monastic slavery and pilfered most of the country's wealth – torturing disobedient serfs by gouging out their eyes or severing their hamstrings.

>Tashi Tsering, now an English professor at Lhasa University is representative of Tibetans that do not see China's occupation as worse tyranny. He was taken from his family near Drepung at 13 and forced into the Dalai Lama's personal dance troupe. Beaten by his teachers, Tsering put up with rape by a well-connected monk in exchange for protection. In his autobiography, The Struggle for Modern Tibet, Tsering writes that China brought long-awaited hope when is laid claim to Tibet in 1950.

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2009/feb/10/tibet-china-feudalism

The only religion that will save you is Christianity.

Repent, faggots.

it doesn't ever say anything like that
non-jews in the bible are referred to as gentiles and gentile Christians are shown to be far greater than the Jews who plotted against Jesus and deny the son of God

Best bet would be to find the nearest Buddhist temples and then check each one out. That's what I did. Now granted, in each case I have to drive 50 miles just to visit, so I don't often go much. I also looked into facebook groups and meetups. In the end, the solitary nature allows me to a certain opportunity when it comes to meditation. That's what I get for living in the sticks.

Let's archive it
archive.is/n5x4q

There is mointains if evidence against evwry mahor significant claim fundamental to the ""truth"" in the bible. The great flood has been debunked back in 2007 to have been part of the last ice age, which was 12,800 years ago. A 1 mile diameter chunk of space ice (accompanied by smaller bits of debris) smashed into the north American ice cap, causing a global flood and triggering the ice age. You're ignorant of facts and clearly a blind faith subhuman. Google it yourself you twat

Don't waste your time trying to save shills. It's at the point where we legitimate christians should conserve and protect the Light. Others will come into the fold if they are worthy. If not whatever say a prayer for them. Let them wallow in their own degenerate folly.

Here is red pill I never see anyone post in this fucking board.

Only retards saying Christianity is a Jew religion or the meme that Buddhism is new age crap for actorsand the wealthy.

Her is a thought.

Hellenic world conquered the Mediterranean and near east. Buddhist monks had already travelled to Greek territory.

There was even a Buddhist Greek monarch.

Philosophers like Heraclitus have impermanent ideas similar to Buddhism, there is a clear but never talked about syncretism between both worlds to an extent.

Hellenic World fuses into the Roman world, tehse ideas get absorbed into Stoicism and other currents of thought.

Unlike what most people think, Greek thought and Hellenisation was strong in the middle east, there was no Islam.

Jesus and the Sermon on the mount are basically Buddhism 101. *Attention* I am not saying there is a total correlation between the two, or under appreciating Christianity in favour of Buddhism, just that the latter is older and Ideas strive and evolve.

Gnostic Christianity is abducted by Rome, Rome falls. Christianity fuses with Humanism and Hellenic Thought and germinates in Constantinople all the way to the renaissance.

nice mental gymnastics

Save you from what ? from your barbaric god ? why would he need to send humanity that he himself created in hell ?

I wouldn't know. I live in Ohio. Not Commiefornia.
Nor do I wish to live in Commistaniforabia

Buddhism and Western Philosophy have interacted much more than people realize. Nietzsche and Schopenhauer both thought it was pretty based.

reason.com/archives/2010/07/28/the-truth-about-tibetan-buddhi

>Watching Jennifer Aniston’s character Rachel read a collection of the Dalai Lama’s teachings in Central Perk on Friends a few years ago, you might also think that Tibetan Buddhism is something you can ingest while sipping on a skinny-milk, no-cream, hazelnut latte.

>Or consider the answer given by one of Frank J. Korom’s students at Boston University when he asked her why she was wearing a Tibetan Buddhist necklace. “It keeps me healthy and happy,” she said, reducing Tibetan Buddhism, as so many Dalai Lama-loving undergrads do, to the religious equivalent of knocking back a vitamin pill.

>The reality couldn’t be more different. The first devout Buddhists I encountered looked neither healthy nor happy. They were walking from their villages in southern Tibet to Jokhang Temple in Lhasa, Tibetan Buddhism’s holiest site, and the journey had taken them nearly three months. Which isn’t surprising considering that with every third or fourth step they took, they got down on their knees and then fully prostrated themselves on the ground, lying flat on their bellies and burying their faces in the dirt, before getting back up, taking a few more steps, and doing the painful prostration thing again.

Wow. 2Edgy 4me me bro. How massive is that IQ/Ego you got. You sure stumped the trump King card with that deuce of a shit post. Too bad I got an ace up my sleeve. What you basically said is like saying "I read all the clues in the crossword puzzle and thus already know the final solution". Mark 4:11-13.

Truth is you probably never even read the full bible. You probably don't comprehend that every new Earth genesis begins with a revelation. Or that the middle climax is in fact the end. You probably don't get the societal signs the prophets were talking about or how they relate to the law. You probably lean on the interwebz for all your wisdom. Job 8:15. You probably ignore Leviticus 26 too. And Jeremiah 5. Particularly the part prophesying the BIG BABYLONIAN COCKs destroying your cities at present.

So says I as (((chosen one))), the kid who got sodomized in the "Nirvana" ritual by music industry elite at age 11 1/2. Shocking as it is horrible to have been orchestrated to happen. Like the Challenger Incident. The name of my elementary school on the "plateau" outside Seattle in Issaquah. Home of Modest Mouse. Good News for People who like bad news. Most your post grunge music idols are all pedophile satanists by association with this Beast. Dave Grohl will pay dearly with his life and his friends lives. They are marked by the same 666 beast that Cobain manifested. God as My Witness. He knows what he did. Chester knew what he did. And now from beyond the grave his voice still sings out "Guilty all the same". I am the rejected cornerstone cube of the guidestone's fake commandments.

Failure to head this warning will result in the following:

You will surely die in a fire when the days come to an abrupt end. Your children will suffer an even worse fate, should you have any. Better they were never born. There will be no place among the stars of Heaven for your name. You will have no part in the kingdom to come.

I never said anything about Tibetan Buddhism. It's not all the same.

>providing proper exegesis is mental gymnastics

Go pray to your fat Indian faggot.

faithandheritage.com/2013/08/the-adl-issues-a-report-on-kinism/

i don't think Buddhism is even trying to hide it
i think it was its goal to provide a religion for everyone, especially those who don't have time to learn much about spirituality

Yes it is. It's just fedora fags looking for an easy way to look spiritual.

Frank J. Korom describes it as “New Age orientalism,” where Westerners in search of some cheap and easy purpose in their empty lives “appropriate Tibet and portions of its religious culture for their own purposes.” They treat a very old, complex religion as a kind of buffet of ideas that they can pick morsels from, jettisoning the stranger, more demanding stuff—like the dancing demons and the prostration workout—but picking up the shiny things, like the sacred necklaces and bracelets and the BS about reincarnation.

We literally know without a shadow of a doubt what caused the last global flood. It was a 1 mile in diameter chunk of space ice smashing into the north American ice cap at 70,000 miles per hour, 12,800 years ago. Fuck you and fuck your kike book knockoff trite factory of lies.

Buddhists don't pray to anyone. And even if they did, it would be a wise Indo-European like the Buddha instead of a Jew on a stick.