Baby Boomer wealth thrown into the trash because no one wants it

What's a matter with Millennials? The Baby Boomers are literally giving them wealth and they reject it. wtf? Explain this.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/136310777/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Stop posting this slide thread, faggot. Already posted yesterday

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/136310777/

>everything I don't like is a slide thread
>a childrens guide to trumpfags on Sup Forums

>in the past three days over a hundred Trump related threads posted, over one hundred woman related threads posted and over one hundred nigger threads posted and no one bats an eye
>one conversation gets continued from yesterday leafs loose their minds
What the fuck is your problem besides being a leaf of course?

type the word tendies if you are not a bot
tendies

They're not happy unless the catalog is filled with White House larpers or Seth Rich faggotry

What possible new insights do you think can be gleamed from posting this shit today that wasn't posted yesterday? Why create a duplicate thread if not to slide this forum?

>duplicate thread
Hey dipshit this isn't a duplicate thread. Check the catalog.
>every conversation I don't like is a slide thread Nope. Not sure why you are bringing this up its already been coverd above
>Continuing a conversation only will be the same as before
No

Why are you still posting in this thread if it bothers you so much?

Literally the exact same post as yesterday. Same image, same text. Basically, hundreds responded and you learned apparently nothing. NOTHING!

So now you're posting it again to learn nothing. What is the purpose? To shit up the board even worse? Mission accomplished.

Gold is wealth. Knick knacks are worthless

>wealth
>cups and plates

Uh

so what are you sliding today goldstein?
how much do they pay btw i could use a second job

My grandpa does this to me. Everytime you go and visit him he tries to make you leave with some priceless treasure including seashells, a pocket calculator, and if I'm really lucky old magazines!!

>don't teach kids about the value of things
>wonder why they don't value things

I don't go on Sup Forums every waking hour. I didn't see this thread, but I'm interested in participating in it. You take an anime image board's racist politics board pretty seriously. What is this thread preventing from happening? Do you think Sup Forums was close to uncovering a government conspiracy, until a boomer hate thread slid it off the front page? Sort yourself out, guy.

>the value of things
>porcelain statuettess bought from the Hallmark store every Christmas to fill some cabinet in the living room
>valuable

Boomers fell for commercial memeing while they voted away the real values and traditions of society, and expect us to value their shitty trinkets.

Seems the problem here lies with Boomers who squandered their wealth on useless trash. Baby Boomers prove themselves to be the most retarded, corrupt generation in history.

>If only old people value something, and young people consider it worthless, it is still valuable
Really perturbs those peanuts

God I would kill for a collection of Hummels.

The point of the article is all the CRAP boomers have collected over years they think is valuable or sentimental. It's usually only sentimental to themselves and most of their trinkets wouldn't get on Antique Road Show by a long shot (or eBay for that matter!).

A lot of those cups and plates are made of fine china with gilded parts or are made from sterling silver. They have value in that they are typically well made from fine materials and also serve a function.

I don't know about you, but I'm the type of person that feels if I did not earn that wealth in some way shape or form, I do not deserve it.

Most of the stuff they collect is useless

i dont really believe this.

the jews just want you to consume more and sell off the boomer real estate which is pretty valuable.

>Everytime you go and visit him he tries to make you leave with some priceless treasure
I never could understand this about my grandparents who did the same thing. You are right its always some silly trinket that could be given to a five year old even if the receiver was an adult
>be a twenty something adult
>be given a chinese pocket knife that cost a buck
>you may need this
>if I do I will go buy one ffs

>you may need this
I fucking loath that line. He gave me some kerosene lamps once after I told him I didn't need them. He said, "What if the power goes out?" I'll use flashlights or my phone. "What if the batteries are dead?"

Like nigger are you fucking kidding me? He's so out of touch with reality, are all boomers like that?

the amount of silver in those is often negligible, and silver isn't worth a huge amount anyway

More importantly most of the crap in that picture is clearly cheap-ass cut class or dollar-store china

looks tacky and corny as hell dog. very outdated. i'd rather look at my cheap ikea cups/plates etc.

>are all boomers like that?
Seems like it. They all want to be right and show the world they are still relevant by trying to one up everyone with witty banter. Fucking annoying as hell.

My parents used to not buy pointless shit, but now they go to estate sales all the time and buy stuff they really don't need. And it would be one thing if they were in the financial position to be doing that, but they're honestly not.

in comparison my baby boomer aunts and uncles stopped talking to each other due to disputes over their inheritance. i didn't see some of my cousins for like 10 years because of this shit. very cool. none of them really needed the money that badly anyway. they all have pensions, houses, well off spouses, vacation homes etc. great job!

all that shit is junk. unless your parents were rich, in whichcase the bought good stuff.
All that crap was sold to middleclass people to make them feel rich, and it worked so well they actully still beaive it

>my baby boomer aunts and uncles stopped talking to each other due to disputes over their inheritance
Maybe this is why baby boomers are upset no one wants their hand me downs. They expect their millennial and gen x kids to fight over their trash and no on is because no one is.

to be honest user, if you lose power for more than three days in your area, a kerosene lamp would be good to have in case of an emergency.

>Grandpa is a hoarder
>Been making him dinners lately cause gran is overseas
>He keeps trying to give me useless shit like leather notepad holders and shoe trees

Fucking hell, why do old people have such an obsession with useless consumer shit?

For what? A person could just lay down and sleep when it gets dark.

Without looking on Google maps, do you even know a gas station in your area that still sells kerosene?

Also, tip one over and watch your house burn down. It's a stupid idea now that generators have been invented.

Fuaark, what's her arm routine?

My grandmother had a few pieces in a cabinet but nothing like that woman. She kept it as long as she enjoyed it then got rid of it recently because she didn't want it anymore. Didn't bother me one bit. Now she's using the money to get some work done on the old house.

>Grow up poor as fucking shit.
>No money to eat.
>Dad buys a $300+ Ham Radio.
>And another.
>And another.
>Mother spends $100+ on watnots.
>And another.
>And another.
>Entire house filled with useless shit collecting dust.
>SON THIS WILL ALL BE YOURS!
>No thanks.
>BUT SON! MUH LEGACY!
Ya, oh boy, I cant wait to flood my home with useless trinkets! Maybe a few angle statues from mom, and one Ham Radio from dad, but the rest of that shit is going for sale.

>Cant afford cloths for you son, nor food.
>BUT LOOKIT MUH HARLEY I JUST BOUGHT FOR 8k VROOM VROOM SORRY CANT FEED YOU!

Good thing I learned how to dig ditches!

>loose

faggot

I can tell you right now that 99.9% of the "China" these boomers own are reproductions made in the 70's that they bought off the home shopping channel.

Actual china is quite valuable, but very few boomers own actual china.

This. Every fucking boomer thought they had to have a house filled to the fucking brim with knick-knacky crap. A fucking sitting room with cabinets full of cutesy crap or old timey corporate souveneirs. Oh, your coke truck from 1939 is worth a hundred dollars? I wouldn't pay a penny for some useless old trinket.

My family actually hasn't been too bad about hoarding but that might be due to them growing up in poverty. Hell the pieces my grandmother had was given to her for free by people and she turned around and sold it for profit. Now my friend though, his family are hoarders. He buys tons of ham radios and computers, his mom collected Barbies, his grandmother collects Hallmark shit and even goes to Hallmark conventions. Blew my mind when I went to their houses for the first time.

Synthol

Gotta make sure you buy a house with more rooms than you actually need, too. So you can have a room with nothing but a couch and maybe a couple chairs, plus more cabinets with useless trinket shit in them, and call it the 'family room'

>Into the trash it goes
That's not wealth. Mfw my parents invested in real estate near the end of their lives and leave me 6 commercial rental properties, debt free.

used to hang out with a boomer/vietnam vet next door. had jacked up feet so i helped him out some, kept him company cause his family is in tennessee.
he gave me his collection of fancy knives/swords which was pretty cool. then he decided to move back home and sold me his relatively nice mobile home for very cheap.

learn some compassion people. you got to understand old people have to worry about dying. if they offer you something freaking take it even you dont need it, and muster up the biggest bullshit display of gratitude you can. it really means alot to them

Also
>the light that comes from a kerosense lantern is nearly worthless sideways cast light that creates horrible shadows
>the way the light is cast the only thing the light is good for is a guiding beacon from afar
>the wick is delicate and falls apart if touched or shaken slightly
>filling, priming, lighting the lamp is a smelly messy experience
and most importantly
>KEROSENE LAMPS CAN'T BE USED INDOORS BECAUSE OF CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING
Considering how readily available and affordable hand cranked generator lights work I see no reason to mess with kerosene lamps besides camping nostalgia.

Some knives and swords are cool. A mobile home is useful.

Some shit they brought from QVC 30 years ago belongs in the trash

>Gotta make sure you buy a house with more rooms than you actually need

why the hell do boomers do this.

My wife and I are planning on buying a house in 1-2 years and her parents keep trying to convince her that we need to buy a huge house or a house that is well outside our budget because "it's an investment". We have no children or no need for a 3,000+ sqft house with 4 bathrooms. Jesus christ

Home shopping networks are the definition of cancer. I think the South Park episode couldn't explain it any better.

well i dont think their trying to give it to you because of its great monetary value. its just things theyve accumulated over the years that theyve grown attached to and are thinking of it just getting thrown away after they die. its kind of a haunting visual

>cater to degenerate consumer behavior and trinkets replacing meaningful experiences and actual valuable possessions
nah. you just lucked out with decent stuff. most stuff the boomers give away is worthless and worse is meant to buy affection.Giving away stock, real estate, trust funds is one thing. Chinese made crap is another.

It's not my fault they got emotionally invested in their cheap material things.

I'm not going to give my grandson my first laptop because it meant a lot to me. It goes in the trash

Why this thread every day? Who gives a fuck about this? Fuck off OP I hate you

>its kind of a haunting visual
Only if a person is a vapid consumer. Junk is junk. Almost everything sold over the past 50 years was designed from the factory to go straight into the trash. Boomers are the ones responsible for moving the quality of items from worthwhile investments to land fill fodder. Why should they be surprised and haunted by the fact that their land fill fodder possessions are just that, land fill fodder?

Yeah, boomers seem to think you need a giant master bedroom half the size of your house, plus 1 bedroom per kid, plus a guest bedroom, plus an office, plus a fully finished room in the basement that they keep all of their parents' possessions in.

In my upbringing, the fact that I have a 1200 square foot house to myself now is like living like a king. I am thoroughly convinced that a nice 1800 square foot house is all any normal sized family needs. It's because people won't make their kids learn to share rooms and shit. If you have 4 kids, they're bound to be spread out to some extent in age, and at least 2 of them should be the right ages to share a room. When the oldest gets old enough, you let them live in that room in the basement, which they'll be begging to do anyways, and the 2 kids sharing a room don't have to share a room anymore once they're old enough because one of them can take the oldest's empty room. This is how people used to grow up. You used to watch TV shows where kids had to share rooms and learn how to not be pieces of shit. Now-a-days kids don't learn that until they're in their college dorms, and by then they're fucking assholes who like to leave blood and half eaten ramen everywhere.

you have to forgive these dementia/alzheimer's riddled boomers, they think it's the same post and tomorrow will be today again :D

I mean if someone gives me something I always take it and thank them. I won't guarantee I'll keep it though. Thankfully people know if they give it to me or my dad most likely it's about to be sold or thrown in the dump unless it's something really special.

recently helped my mom move. Convinced her to just throw out anything that was just in storage. we went through it all and i asked her to evaluate every objects aura to see if it triggered any precious memories.

we were able to downsize quite a bit and once stuff was sold, given away to a second hand store/charity, or tossed out she realized just how liberating it was not to have so much stuff.

though i laughed, because half of the stuff she was throwing away her sister took to fill their houses full of crap.

i dont know about degenerate. yes it can become an obsession but typically just using the fruit of your labor to acquire something you cant create for yourself. and you have to realize these people were born at a time when a quilt was a family heirloom and janky looking doll was the only toy a girl would ever have.
of course i wouldnt expect you to keep everything but im just saying if they are offering you something its a very sentimental gesture no matter how worthless it is.

and ill give you a great piece of wisdom, gratitude is the key for more

They're telling you to make babies dipshit.

She isn't family but when I was little I used to spend tons of time with a family friend who attended the same church. Really old lady, super traditional. She made the best damn quilts I've ever seen. I've been meaning to ask if I could buy one from her since her health's declining and she may not have much longer. I've never had a quilt so warm and high quality in my life than those she made when I was a kid. I don't mind paying her whatever she wants for it since she could use the money.

> consumerism isn't degenerate
>gratitude is the key for more
I don't need to be given worthless trinkets and stuff to feel gratitude though. Maybe its because I prefer minimalism over consumption. Trinkets and items of no real practical value and without attached memories don't elicit gratitude from me. They are a burden, junk to be rid of and create bad times when it has to be explained that
>No. I am not hanging that hideous vintage kitsch as a center piece in my living room ffs.
>No. I don't want nor have space for that moldy old couch
More then half the time when crap gets offered from boomers to younger generations its worn out crap the boomers don't want. Why should we glady take it and make space in our houses for it. Its not like if we offered them a bunch of worn out crap that they would be grateful and take it. They would just blow us off and be pricks about it too the same as we have to be to them.

No they aren't. They are acting like its the 1980s and the real estate boom is happening. That boom is come, gone and busted as of 2009. McMansions are a wasted investment and buying one of them generally only enriches the boomers selling them off.

Yeah, if they have shit they don't want and they want that gushy feeling of 'someone is going to enjoy this more than I will', they can put it by the side of the road with a free sign on it and it will be gone within 6 seconds to someone who actually would legitimately be glad to have that moldy couch that's been peed on by 2 different cats and 4 different dogs, and will be excited to take it home, clean it up a bit and put it in their living room.

anyone can be a minimalist sitting on the internet 8 hours a day. theyre just partaking in a different from of consumerism

>implying all persons that enjoy limited possessions are on the internet 8 hours a day
>projecting this much
wew laddie

Sliding what? Trump generals? Don't make me laugh faggot. Do us a favor and hold your breath for 30 minutes.

This is utter bull shit. Collectors of toys will always exist. Boomers mostly collect toys.

Who wants a bunch of old dishes that do nothing but spark up in the microwave?

value of toys rest in how unique or rare they are. most boomer shit is worthless as its mass produced crap. only precious metals and fine hand made artisan goods are worth anything.

You're incorrect. Die cast toys are worth quite a bit. In 2002, the largest single collection of die cast dinkies and corgies was auctioned for over a million pounds in the UK. Stuff like that and die cast airplanes are worth more than you think.

There's a fine line between actual collectible vintage toys and cheap, unusable mass-produced plates and other trinkets that are only good for sitting in a China cabinet. Some of the "collectible" utensil and tableware sets even contain shit like lead based paint and cadmium.

I'm so glad my grandpa left me his stock plan instead of all the usual Boomer trinkets when he died.

A lot of people buy toys if they had one like it as a kid. I mean I even already know millennials who like buying old Game Boys that are the same color as one they had just for memories sake.

Not if they are post WWII. Only the real old stuff pre WWII is worth anything. Its not like Hot Wheels and Matchbox collections are gonna sell for big bucks.

How many times have you made this thread this week alone?

All those teacups and glass things would make for a nice set of targets for your .22 down at the range.

Maybe because it led to some actual discussion instead of the usual shilling and shitposting.

It actually was posted yesterday, and you know what the FPBP was?
What those boomers think has value (aka $1000) because they bought it back in the 60s does not translate into the value they think it has when you trade it for money.
Family heirlooms are one thing and good china is part of that, but that entire cabinet is gonna fetch more than the stuff inside it.

Nobody gives a fuck about your Hummel figurines Boomers.

>Not if they are post WWII.
If a toy car were pre-war, in good condition, with box, it would be worth a lot. The same goes for post-war toys. You now see First Gen Transformers being auctioned for hurdreds if not thousands of dollars under similar terms. Toy collectors will always exist.

This. I've seen more actual discussions out of these threads than most of the garbage on Sup Forums lately.

I wouldn't want any of that bullshit either. Imagine the time and money you'd have to waste just trying to sell it at a ridiculous discount to some other boomer who's buying it with social security YOU paid for.

It's going to be a Hummel holocaust once all the boomers die off and nobody wants to buy their shit anymore.

Good. Fuck skycancer.

This is such shitty bait
Sage.

>yesterday

this thread has been getting posted for weeks

Toy collectors always exist but values change as time passes and fads pass. Take for example Beanie Babies the market has dropped off the face of the earth. Transformer toy prices are blowing them out of the water right now. Transformer value will fade though as they are a fad like Beanie Babies. True actual antiques on the other hand gold their value more steadily. WWII is a point in the industrial revoluiton that transitions from older forms of manufacturing to modern forms of manufacturing. Toys made pre WWII will always hold and gain more value in our lifetimes compared to modern made items.

What if I told you some people only lurk here from time to time.
What if I told you this thread was posted at impossible times for Europe.

You are not the benchmark, yardstick or umpire of how, when and why threads are to be posted.
Besides, if this thread is a waste of time to you, why spend your time and energy posting here instead of making your own thread to your own liking?

mint condition toys from that era are rare. hence their value. the same toys but worn down used and handed down have much less value.

I occasionally will look at antiques and I can tell you that in terms of my personal taste, 98% of the stuff is utter crap.

One or two of the cups and saucers on the top left of the cabinet, and the circular crystal platter on the bottom right are the only items worth taking, in my opinion.

Problem is most of the stuff is just fucking gauche and worthless. Sorry you wasted your money on it, and maybe people disagree with me and find it appealing, or will in the future. I actually like old stuff and am looking forward to picking through more estate sales because there are some absolutely beautiful items for sale, this item for example I would snatch up quickly, and could probably get it for 50 bucks.

When was the last time you posted in a Trump General bitching about how they have been posted round the clock for more for over a year now?

Sorry I don't want your giant fucking chinet set, I don't have any use for it, and only extremely rarely do I have any emotional attachment to material things. The only shit I'm leaving my kids are things they explicitly tell me they want, and all of my money, before I die, so some kike lawyer doesn't get any of it.

If you want to give me stuff, have it have a practical use. Literally what the fuck is the point of a million ceramic plates and other garbage that just sits around. I don't like it, I don't want it, and I don't see how that's rude in any way.

Also, stop posting this thread, you fag

No one mentioned Trump, you gave yourself up chink.

Old lady with cabinet of worthless crap, thinks her crap is worth something. Put your crap in the trash old lady, and you go into trash also.

Look at those big fat diabitus cheeseburger eating fucking arms.

Except the collectors will drop off.

Collectors aren't going to what my G1 Optimus Prime whose beat to shit from me being a 10 year old, but I could probably still sell the mint G1 boxed I got later that's autographed by Peter Cullen in 20 years.

Hording shit for the sake of hording isn't a solid investment strategy, it's just misdirected greed.