Is it true that college is becoming more of a detriment than a benefit?

Is it true that college is becoming more of a detriment than a benefit?

Only if you do a course with a Marxist professor. STEM and anything of that level is fine.

Not even, my man. College is a waste! Drop out you'll have way more money.

1) Don't go to a marxist school
2) Don't get a useless degree
3) Don't sit on your ass during the summer. Get a job or internship, you bum.

College has always and will always allow the people who are actually committed to working for a career to make a name for themselves.

It's just that now it's broadened its responsibilities towards inviting every limp-dick, underprepared art degree student who spends a decade on a two-year degree and leaves sad, depressed with no job in sight and a colossal debt to the government that will burden them for the rest of their life.

College is fine. Dont pay attention to the crazy kids. Had some kids try to use the election as a reason to not go to class. Had like 20 kids fail a test just for not showing up. The professor didnt give a fuck

>STEM
>Accounting
>Fiance

Stay in the greentext and you'll be ok.

If you go into the social sciences and humanities, it will be a waste of time. I know this because I have a degree in philosophy and now I am back in school in accounting.

>no mention of based agriculture-related majors

I'm studying aquaculture at a trade college in bumfuck Ontario. The farm owners come to the school to interview students before they graduate. 100% employment.

just stay within your means, avoid for profit schools, knock out semesters at the local community college, unless it's med school you shouldn't be 50k in debt

I've met and worked with plenty of retards with degrees in agriculture and every single one of them never has a fucking clue what to do. One in particular fed his cows twice when they were being milked, asserting that it made them 'calmer', and yet was so dense he didn't realise the enormous expenditure on grain devoured almost all his yearly profit.

Yes, has been for a long time. If you're going in, know exactly what you're going for and exactly what you're wanting to get out of it, and challenge everything.

Yeah its a fucking joke.

>taking agriculture in university
Taking anything labour-intensive in university is a shit idea. University is for head smarts and college is for hand smarts. If a city kid goes to a city university for agriculture, they're paying money to hear what any farmer would tell them just to have someone to talk to.

I hear you there. All the smart aggers are in crop science, plant bio, or agribusiness

Outside of stem at a decant uni. Yes it is a detriment.

I dunno, but I have an idea

>be me
>STEM degree
>research during summers
>no_job.png
>volunteer abroad
>see world
>still no job

Can't say I'm unhappy, but I do plan to go back into volunteering. Fuck the American rat race.

I should add that I started in university for a course called sustainable agriculture. The first and second year were farm theory like crop rotation and cover cropping, and an introduction to regulations and quotas, just shit you'd know by heart from working on farms as a teenager. No one in this day and age can actually expect to start a farm unless if they have a lot of money, experience and connections.

There is always money to be made in feeding people.

That looks like a young, goth version of Ben Stein

Yeah, but honestly, do they deserve any better?

All the money/jobs are in the financial side and the science of the actual product

>going into debt to learn how to hate western civilization

You tell me.

Fish are a good market to get into because they're dumb and have lean meat high in omega-3's and such, so some of the greenies in this day and age will still eat it, and farming it removes conservation and mercury concerns.

Depends on the degree. If you are in STEM, an undergrad degree is going to open a shit ton of doors for you if you are committed enough.

Anything else is going to be more of an uphill battle. Just don't do humanities bullshit.

College should only be for stem. All other courses are useless and do nothing to further mankind's progress and should be removed from public universities.

If you want to study feelings and shit read the fucking care bears at the library for the low low price of a library card mother fucker.

Fuck these fucking people

every class has group therapy sessions
which means we are doing the teachers job for them

millennials was a mistake

>becoming
You're...
>becoming
kidding...
>becoming
right?

itt: fat, uneducated neets talking about how shitty university is

(((University)))

>Pic related
Watching that movie right now.

Its only bad if you are stupid enough not to research the job prospects prior to enrolling for a specific degree. If you take the time to do some research and find out what fields are looking for workers, itll be a wise investment. The amount of people enrolling for useless degrees is mind boggling. Dont bank on getting that one lucky opportunity.

"People committed to working for a career" = traitor to your race.

When you ignore all the evil that is done against White people at college because you want a "career" you are a moral coward.

Get a job, make a business, hunt make babies for a future war where we kill all these evil bastards.

How old are they? They all look late 20s and early 30s. Isn't that too old for college?

>STEM and anything of that level is fine.
Way too below average and autistic for STEM and the military. Is going into nursing worth it?

Five years from now it will be a much bigger detriment than benefit

The average College tuition will cost at least 40k and since wages are stagnate and cost of living is increasing there would be no fucking point in putting yourself in that much debt unless you're going to med school
Honestly the majority of Millenials and Gen Z are beyond fucked because they can't pay off their student loans

>UCLA
>Elite
Might as well call the university of Phoenix elite.

fuck college. go STEM. use every online resource/community not only to develop a discipline, but master it. especially, if you're White; have nothing to do with, because all it is an extension to the 12 years of "free" indoctrination, only now goy; you're paying top dollar to get ass-raped by Marxists/Maoists.

go IT. use online resources to gain knowledge and necessary certifications. set your sights on starting a company(cloud computing, network set up/admin for healthcare institutions, programming/developing proprietary sw, etc...) and if you 'know' a discipline, i.e. Chem E, ME, CompSci...go test. hire those who did go thru Unicuckoldry to make you wealthy.

No, you'll get so badly bullied you'll think it's not worth it. Nurses have absolutely no sympathy for the 10% of male nurses, they're always the first fired, last offered the nice jobs and they'll make you do all the gross work, especially if you work with Indians since Indian nurses don't touch patients.

The way murses are treated is basically all you need when someone says STEM is sexist.

Not if you know exactly what you are doing and go to a smaller non insane college.

>The way murses are treated is basically all you need when someone says STEM is sexist.
I was thinking about joining the army to finish my nursing bachelor. Are male nurses treated better in the military?

Yeah, you're not a nurse you're a medic in the army.

Yeah, this. You can waste four or more years and hundreds of thousands of dollars attending college, but if you do, it's mostly YOUR OWN FAULT. You can get a tremendous education in almost any major if you choose profs carefully, pursue internships &c. outside the classroom, and work hard. If you just want to screw around for all those years, we'll take your money, but I don't want to hear you whine.

t. college prof

College is fine, as long as you can pay for it.

Zero's? yes.

I love it when people no-show on tests; it means that I don't have to grade as much. (Of course if you were legitimately ill, I'll let you make it up.)

The only downside is when students don't realize that a missed exam goes in AS A ZERO, not as a 59.

we must free the Kekistinian people! From Cuckifornia to DC, Kekistine will be free!

That's called aquaculture as long as you aren't raising tilapia or some other unhealthy fish you should be fine.

Both my parents are nurses- when I suggested that I could also become a nurse they shot the suggestion down in the blink of an eye, told me to make something of myself. They have a love/hate relationship with their job, it's good paying blue collar ish work but it's disgusting, labor intensive, has whack hours and frustrating. It also could be because we're Asian and couldn't practice their original professions upon coming to America. So they just want me to have a job where I'm not cleaning dying people's shit...

But don't let that discourage you. Helping people is good for the soul and as long as you avoid working in a shitty nursing home it's a good paying job that puts you at the very front of all kinds of new technology and drugs.

It's good to take a few philosophy courses, but a whole major is a waste. Some of the other social sciences, such as psychology and political science, are good, however.

There's a clear line of cause and effect with this whole libtard college bullshit. University degree used to be something for those who had a particular and ambitious career path that required a higher level of education where you couldn't just get away with work experience. Now since most parents want their kid to be the next CEO and dont wanna settle for some blue collar job (since people have lost all respect for anything remotely manual labor) getting a college degree has become a social standard especially in suburban areas. Eventhough these careers were never intended for everyone, some people just aren't cut out for STEM or business administration positions and study, there were kids flooding colleges just cause their parents told them to, and now you have majority of college students who have no idea wtf they want to do or study, who just get involved in this sjw bullshit because they feel being in college and having some Maxist asshaylt lecture then on how capitalism is a form of racism, who don't have the drive or brains for any college-requiring career path, who without this new norm would've been working some simple manual labor job where they would've been contributing and have had their own place in society. Instead they're majoring in Panfeminist Vaginal Slam-Poetry and will demand that the Starbuck job they get after college pays them $15+ since they wasted all their family's money fuckin their way through every gender on campus for 4 years instead of doing anything productive. Being a CS major, i often regret going to college at all instead of just learning it on my own, but for now that piece of paper still gives me much needed legitimacy, but not for long once the rest of America figures out what a worthless
cesspool colleges have become

Unless you're actively networking in some Ivy League Skull and Bones CIA type University, you're just getting into debt and wasting time you could spend apprentecing.

Yep. These fields were created to give minorities a way to get through college. They disproportionately fail out of real majors, so they end up in ethnic studies, where they read the same book three times and write a series of lousy "reaction papers" that are all about their feelings. The sad part is that you STILL can't get black men through.

Could be professional protesters.

College in this era is a scam.

It took me two years to finally realize I wasn't learning shit, everything I learned from "higher education" was just some fucking bullshit I can find online. I dropped out and decided to pick up a trade.

I know this kid from my town who's going to a private music school and graduating next year, and he's a producer/rapper. It's fucking trash. His instrumentals are garage band tier. I've been making beats every single day watching youtube tuts and shit pirating plugins and in 4 months I'm getting prospects from real rappers.

You can't pay for talent.

How are you going to do nursing if you can't do STEM?

As long as you get a degree in something applicable in the modern workplace, you're fine. So, STEM and business, essentially.
Outside of that, I'd say you're better off going to trade school, working a blue collar job, or saving up enough to start your own business.
Of my friends from high school, I'm the only one with a STEM degree (computer science), all the rest of them went to expensive private schools and earned useless liberal arts degrees.
Here's where they are now:
>music major: drives a vegetable delivery truck
>english major: works multiple jobs as a waitress
>philosophy major: gets high all day and lives at home
>gender studies major: assistant manager at a fast food restaurant
>political science major: works some shitty office administration job
>psychology major: warehouse worker with severe alcohol problem
>and then there's me: comfortably making a little over 100k/yr writing enterprise software
The worst part is they're all bright people. We were in AP classes in high school together, yet all of them are now doing things they easily could've done without getting into severe debt.
Save yourself the trouble. You're just going to get your head filled with a bunch of worthless nonsense and put yourself into severe debt, all so you can deliver pizzas and feel smug for the rest of your life.
Get a professional degree, or don't waste your time and money. The trades are nothing to be ashamed of. I'd bet my life on an average plumber or welder making more than any one of my old friends.

>teach kids little to nothing of importance in gradeschool/highschool, but encourage them to seek higher edgeymucation via college which has basically become extended highschool
I'd say it's a symptom of a deeper problem, a larger cultural problem. Teaching your kids little life skills because you are busy working a job to pay gratuitous insurance bills and mortgages instead and to be able to afford a bunch of stupid shit a bunch of kikes convinced you you needed. This makes kids who walk into debt and spend the rest of their lives trying to play catch up while repeating the cycle.

people will be idiots anywhere, it's our duty to try and steer the country you live in towards a direction that will make their stupidity a non-issue and still useful to society, you're asking if people deserve any better and the answer is yes.

It believe is more like entire generations went to school and trade work has been neglected to the point that going to the trades is now is very valid career move.

damn user. you got a link for some of your beats?

good goy

>How are you going to do nursing if you can't do STEM?
It's a women dominated field. How hard could it be?

These people are like trannies.

We make a big deal out of them, but theyre like .0001 per cent of the population.

Everybody else is unremarkable and we never chimp out about them.

>gender studies major: assistant manager at a fast food restaurant
Top fucking kek. This is why i get out of bed in the morning

>tfw I live by this school
>tfw there is join communist canada posters all over the place

they have all been scratched out and taken down

Can't reveal myself here. When all your clients are BLM tier black, you really don't want to come out as any shade of right wing.

Same

College is for people who have no marketable skills or natural ability.

High-tier STEM, in the research world, this mostly doesn't touch you. You see the occasional angry minority but it's an oddity as much as anything - most of the women are pretty pozzed and virtue signal all the time though. Mainly white and asian, with a few pajeets and even an arab once in a while. There are indeed blacks - but they're like fucking unicorns.

A lot of liberal college kids try to put off entering the real world by staying in school until they can't get student loans anymore and have to either graduate or drop out. This is why you end up with so many idiots with $200k+ in debt who end up working at Starbucks.

NO. Neets wish this was true so they can justify the state of degeneracy they live in

Cultural Marxism isnt even Marxism.

Marxism is a materialistic ideology based on objectivity.

SJWism is post modern bullshit that has no connection to the real and material world.

Imagine SJWs working in a factory, or a farm.

Comrade Stalin would shoot all these faggots.

There's plenty things outside of STEM that are useful like psychology, language courses, or even art.

The problem is courses such as those done for art are being done without the mindset that you need to make a career of it. So instead of learning how to be a draftsman as a fallback job, you have artists thinking they can all be picassos or drawing cans of soup for a living.

The reason colleges don't do that is because the kids don't know that they should be wanting more from those courses or that they should be wanting to be held to a more professional standard. The students think they should be able to do whatever they want and that having college being this freeing experience is a good thing, rather than a negative aspect to college.

I wouldn't know, I spent my inherited 'college money' on my teeth and other medical bills.

Go to a Trade School and actually become fucking useful

If money were no object, I'd say it has some value. Problem: money has value. We're far, far past the point where the expense of university is justified by its benefit.

>Depends on the degree. If you are in STEM, an undergrad degree is going to open a shit ton of doors for you if you are committed enough.

I somehow managed to get a career in IT without a STEM degree, but each economic downturn caused problems, and in 2008-2009 companies wanted people with degrees so I went back to school.

These CS majors, they graduate without knowing what software version control is. It's not the school's fault - they just never do anything outside class.

I was studying, reading beyond what was needed for class, working on open source projects, building a company, consulting etc.

A lot of these kids just read what the professor says to and that's it. Sometimes they don't even do that.

They won't get too far...

>philosophy major: gets high all day and lives at home

Well compared to the others that's pretty consistent.

No. Going into major debt so you can be taught to behave like an animal is a net benefit for society.

No. Going into debt so you can be taught to behave like an animal is a net benefit for society.