Why do Americans like to politicize sports so much?

Why do Americans like to politicize sports so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FSLNjCgIDRY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heysel_Stadium_disaster.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsborough_disaster
youtube.com/watch?v=dp615_eW-dk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because we always win

>soccer
>american

>"football" at a soccer game
>america
EPIC

This is a soccer thing, specifically Seattle and Portland

well you can either help people or make a stupid sign

>Because europeans donĀ“t do it.

ask poland

Why does portland try so hard to be euro?

Large viewerbase, large audiences at events, televised events, etc. Typical marketing strategy. Same reason why banners and ads are strewn across the walls in stadiums.

>western yurop

>We can't drink at games
>We can't drink on the coach/train to games.
>We cant stand at games.
>Cant watch 3pm games on tv
>have a campaign to 'Kick out racism/sexism' every week

American sports are far less politicised than ours.

no real american likes soccer. only starving somalians and hippies play it

>Can't stand
I'm calling bullshit on that. Theres no way a security detail could keep a stadium of over 100k people from standing. I know I'm talking to a britbong, but its not that bad right?

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=FSLNjCgIDRY

Every stadium has to be all seated. People do stand at away games. Home games is not so much because they have your name and address. It ruins the atmosphere because you can't be with your friends.

Thats some bullshit. Whats the reason behind it? Riots and mobs running people over?

When did that start? What about chants and shit?

>Home games is not so much because they have your name and address. It ruins the atmosphere because you can't be with your friends.
What the fuck? Do they assign seating?

>be Liverpool fan
>turn up late to a FA Cup match
>be drunk
>be violent
>start CRUSHING people OUTSIDE the stadium
>start stealing and getting into fights
>THOUSANDS OF US vs a couple of dozen of grunt officers
>Match Commander "Shit, we can't control all these young, drunk, violent people who are crushing people between the official entries and the thousands of them behind, if only they had turned up ON FUCKING TIME..."
>"I know, let's let them in the back exit, they get in, nobody is crushed, the thefts drop and we don't have a riot asking for the LATE LIVERPOOL FANS, THE VERY SAME FANS WHO STABBED PEOPLE TO DEATH IN BELGIUM TO ENTER ORDERLY IN THE CORRECT ENTRANCE"
>[Le open door]
>"OK LA LETS GO GO IN AND GO INTO THE SMALLEST MOST CRAMPED AREAS OF THE STADIUM :^) WE WON'T GET CRUSHED LIKE WE WERE OUTSIDE! :^)"
>"OH NO LA! WE'RE BEING CRUSHED! FUCK THE POLICE REEE WE'RE THE VICTIMS! NO WE DIDN'T GET ALL OF UK BANNED FORM EUROPE! NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! YNWA!!!"

The stadium was illegally open ANYWAY. Blaming the police for these deaths is the same as blaming the toll keeper on a bridge that the bridge collapses when it's covered bumper to bumper with cars.

Fuck you, Livercunt fans. Always the fucking victims

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heysel_Stadium_disaster.

You caused this yet you have the balls to claim you're the victims. 96 wasn't enough.

A few poeple got crushed in the 80's. They banned standing because politicians had to do something. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsborough_disaster

Maybe the answer is smaller stadiums, fewer people. A return to human proportion.

cancer

England fans recently got banned for singing 10 german bombers.
youtube.com/watch?v=dp615_eW-dk

Banned? For singing a ww2 children's song with no curses? I had no idea how bad it was for free speech.

I agree with the message though.
Homophobia is pretty fucking stupid.
I kinda get racism, I get Islamaphobia... but homophobia? What the fuck have you got to be scared of concerning gay people... they're the demographic least likely to cause you harm of any kind!
We should be nice to the queers, my best mate is queer and he's the best fucking guy ever... loves his footie (Blackburn Rovers fan), loves a drink, loves his drugs, loves to party.

I miss memeing about this on Sup Forums

Sounders are the cuckiest fan base of all sports. Also this city is going to shit. Don't move here.

t.Seattlefag

What's so offensive about it?