Trip to Italy

I'm going to Italy tomorrow guys...
Hoping to see some Roman empire european greatness,

What should I expect, Sup Forums?
Is Italy as cucked as it seems?

What cities are you going to visit?

Italy is great, wish I could go back sometime soon. My trip to Italy lead me to some of the nicest people and best food. Good travels, dude.

Rome (of course), Venice, Florence and Naples

>What should I expect, Sup Forums?
An heatwave

I heard it's hot, VERY hot, would I survive? It's cold where I live at

What's the story on this kidnapping over there? It all sounds a bit fishy to me.

It's supposed to go back to normal temperatures tomorrow in the north and by the end of the week in the rest of the country but that's just forecasting, who knows
That's the reason i always suggest visiting during spring or autumn, it's much more comfortable if you're gonna stay in the sun all day visiting places

The pole kidnapping the british model? I don't know, they ran the story mostly on the novelty of selling someone on the deepweb but the next day it was already forgotten

You can always get naked and jump into the Fontana di Trevi. The New Europeans who live in Rome do it all the time.

you will see niggers and trash on the streets

>Rome
-> >Naples
Watch your backs, avoid going around with a backpack or a purse

If you go to tourist magnets watch out for pickpockets. Also i honestly recomend hitting some small vilages, holds true to any country to see real cusine.

Tourist traps are bad everywhere..

go out into the forest or a field with a shovel. dig a couple feet down. always wanted to do that. sucks living in a place with no interesting ancient history.

>what to expect
Avoid the gypsy kids
Rome is overrated
Don't trust the police
Last of all dont drink coffee after a meal.

naples was depressing. not an inch isn't covered in graffiti and dogs piss on the churches. venice was beautiful and a good time. dont go to sleep at all.
instead of florence, you should try and see smalltown tuscany like montepulciano. it was 100% what i wanted/hoped to see when I visited italy. fucking absolutely beautiful.

As someone who lives one hour from Naples, watch out and always keep your eyes open and avoid the docks
That's the best place to eat pizza tho
Keep in mind that the average italian doesn't understand a single english word(you could have more luck in the northern part tho)

It really depends on which part you visit. The coastline aka lungomare is stunning but it really needs more maintenance holy shit

were there niggers in other places than naples

Italy is facing some serious heatwave at the moment , be prepared.
Also Venice this time of year is full of tourists so you probably wont be able to fully enjoy it.I'm talking mass tourism.

>Avoid the gypsy kids
That's a given.

>Rome is overrated
Gas yourself faggot.

>Don't trust the police
Really. Trust no one. Ask a police for authentification just in case any run ins. If a guy in a sharp black uniform with red stripes on his pants driving a lambo stops you-do not do this. Don't resist or question.

>Last of all dont drink coffee after a meal.
Duh fuck? I always drink coffee. I never not drink coffee. I did when I was there. I'm drinking coffee right now in fact. Why would you suggest this?

Naples is a dirty city, but it's homy. It's cozy when you get used to it. I guess if you're there for a week it won't matter, but it's not such a bad place. It's sort of like Cait from Fallout 4. There are still palaces and scenes to see nearby though.

Definitely visit the historic towns though, that should be mandatory for an Italy trip.

>Rome
>Naples
Oh boy, prepare to be disappointed (and possibly robbed). You're still in time to change your mind though: if I were you I'd stick to Venice and Florence, maybe consider Milan, Turin and Trieste as well.

Ask away and I shall answer.

Where are you going exactly?
What do you want to see?

Just a few streets filled with shitskins and bangladeshies and shinks. Much less than around my cuntry

I've been all over Italy. If you want to see Rome try and do it very early in the morning so its cooler and less people.

Venice - walk on the right like locals and make sure you have chiccetti. There are some very small wine kiosks that you can have wine for 1euro (its called 'ombra') this is served with aperativo snacks. I recommend the polpetti.

You can get a trip up and down the grand canal for 7euro on the regular water bus. Anything else will be a rip off.

Get the 'Free walking tours' in every city. They last 3 hours and you pay what you can afford at the end.

Naples is criminal.

In all major Italian places watch out for the bracelet niggers and romany gypos. Mainly the niggers tho. The best tactic is never ever make eye contact and pretend they are invisible whilst not getting within about 10 meters. They hide round corners in high traffic areas.

>That's the best place to eat pizza tho

For anyone reading this, he means brick oven. Don't be a faggot and eat non brick oven pizza. And ffs, don't ask for pepperonis you savages.

>doesn't understand a single english word

But if you know Spanish you might actually have a bit of luck, if you stick to basics and numbers.

Beware of the baby throwers and bracelet sellers

>not overrated
Unless you want to spend half a fucking day waiting to enter the Colisseum whilst enjoying the finer delights of being mugged and scammed whilst stuck in a queue then be my guest.

>I've been all over Italy. If you want to see Rome try and do it very early in the morning so its cooler and less people.

Vouched, solid advice.

Can't vouch for Venice, I've never been.

Capri is nice though, but not like American or most western beach places.

Florence is ok, I got bored because I went there as a kid, but there's some stuff to do.

>Naples is criminal.
Bandwagon faggots. Sure, there are better places to go in Italy, but you people taking a dump on Naples is uncalled for.

>In all major Italian places watch out for the bracelet niggers and romany gypos. Mainly the niggers tho. The best tactic is never ever make eye contact and pretend they are invisible whilst not getting within about 10 meters. They hide round corners in high traffic areas.

All true though ^ this is good advice

>GO TO SAN GIMIGNANO

If you don't, you really shouldn't bother going at all. That's my own advice.

I went several times. Rome and Venice are full of tourists, crowded and so on. But these cities are surreal, you have to be there to understand. Milan is worthy only by its cathedral, which is full of imigrants beging, didnt like. Florence is very cool, specially if you wanna have the Renascence experience.

Any small to medium city in the north will be nice. A lot of roman and middle age heritage. The history you see in Italy, there is no where else in the world (maybe greece).

I was in Turin and Trieste for work and I really liked them. The Italians I met there usually recommended the adrian coast. But a nice coast I have at home, I enjoyed much more their history.

Dont listen to this nigger. You must see Rome at least once in your life - its stunning.

This guy knows. Small towns in Tuscany are real authentic slices of the romantic italian good life.

try : Orvieta, Asiissi, San Gimignano, Perugia.

It is easy to shit on Naples but I've not spent enough time there. I will be back to visit Pompeii and Siccillia. The joke goes - How can you tell your in Naples? You put your arm out the car window and your watch is gone.

>GO TO SAN GIMIGNANO
this very much.

when i first went there i kind of was surprised about how many shitskins were but yeah....

Ok, read a bit on thread.

Friendly advice for everyone: DO NOT come in july or august, unless you are going to the seaside or to the Alps.
IT IS HOT in summer here. In the cities you can face up to 39°C. Not the best for strolling around.

Best season for art cities is April-May and September-Early October.

On to Rome. It has everything: from Roman Age to Baroque, from Renaissance to Stile Littorio.
It is a terrible city to live in (bad public transport and infrastructure) but GREAT for tourism.

My must see list is, for Rome, Roman Era:
> Pantheon
An absolute architectonical marvel
> The Forum & Coliseum
Beautiful, there's so many important places to see. Get a map reference at all costs, so you can understand what you are looking at, and what it was used for.
> The MuNaRo
Great and extensive collection of beautiful art pieces from the roman era
> The museum of The Roman Domus in Palazzo Valentini
Guided tours only, it's great to get the feeling of two large Late Empire villas, and a special look at the Trajan Column.
> Ara Pacis
It's amazingly well preserved, a great opportunity to see a colossal altar to Pax Romana and Augustus.

Other things to be seen in Rome I'd say are Galleria Borghese, The Vatican Museum, St. Peter, Trevi, S. Giovanni in Laterano, The Quirinal Palace, Castel St. Angelo

>You must see Rome at least once in your life - its stunning.
Agreed!

>This guy knows. Small towns in Tuscany are real authentic slices of the romantic italian good life.

>try : Orvieta, Asiissi, San Gimignano, Perugia.
Let me add some more in Central Italy:
Volterra, Ascoli Piceno, Massa Marittima, Urbino, Bertinoro.
Siena, while not really 'small' is a great city to visit.

>It is easy to shit on Naples but I've not spent enough time there. I will be back to visit Pompeii and Siccillia.
Napoli for just visiting is good. Go to Castel dell'Ovo, take a stroll to Toledo and to the LungoMare. AVOID THE SUBURBS at all costs.

Any nice little coastal towns near Rome?

Sightseeing or beaches/seaside?
And how close (under 30 km there's nothing deserving)

Open to both suggestions. I want to visit next year for 2 weeks, but probably during summer, so I'd like a place to escape the heat/tourists.

I went to Firenze (in August) a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it, except for the mass amounts of Chinese tourists, who consumed the city like Americans devour a fuckin cheesburger. They arrive by bus in hordes, clogg up the rather narrow streets so you always have to sprint past them, if you don't want to spend over an hour walking to your destination, they're rude as fuck and you always got to watch out not to get hit by one of their selfie-sticks while making a sharp turn.
I didn't even have a car, but riding the train in Italy is incredibly cheap (it's also clean, punctual and not remotely as crowded as it is in Germany, i was actually positively suprised), so I got to see a couple of smaller towns on the coast for a day, namely Castiglioncello and Viareggio. I liked them both, even though Viareggio seemed more touristy, and not a single soul spoke English in Castioglioncello, not even the teenagers. I'm sure there are nicer places to visit in Tuscany, but I still had a good time.

Love your country overall Italobros, you can be proud.

If you go to Milan please take your time to go visiting the Alfa Romeo museum if you like cars or the brand, it's spectacular.

>Milan
So instead of getting robbed he gets shanked?

Doesn't really matter how close, since train rides cost next to nothing, at least it was like this two years ago

Siena confirmed great.

Pisa is fun, the leaning tower never gets boring to look at but there was the highest concentration of nigger gypos and fake disabled/child beggars I've seen in any Italian city.

Lake Garda is pretty almost anywhere you go and boat trips are relatively cheap.

Some generic advice - Look for 'Aperitivo buffet' or 'Aperi cenne' (spelling?)

You can eat unlimited quanitites of delicious and local foods from buffets between 6-9pm for just a couple of euro more on top of your drink price. Good if you are on a budget.
There is one in Modena called Cafe Concerto which is possibly the best i've had. Its mainly a northern thing though.

Also, learning any Italian at all is greatly appreciated as not many people do and they all like it when you try.

Always get the house vino in restaurants.

I might be moving to Emilia Romagna next year to make Lambrusco vino - can't wait!

I heard that I can get citizenship pretty easily. My grandfather's father came over from there. Anyone know the requirements? How hard is the language? Generally speaking, how welcomed would I be if I were to go over and see my extended family?

>since train rides cost next to nothing
How much do you pay in Germany for trains?

>Always get the house vino in restaurants.

If you want the cheapest option, but if you want real wines look on the wine menu and pick something of higher quality quality.

Prices should be written and if they aren't asd BEFORE ordering.

A very nice northern wine, also not expensive, is the Chardonnay.

>Genius choice

Go to a local supermarket chain like Esselunga, Coop, Carrefour, etc and shop there for wines bottles.

You can find a large quantity of bottles, if you go for the ones priced 7 to 9€ you're buying a quality wine. That same wine in a restaurant would cost 18€.

Sometimes i pay over 12€ going from Düsseldorf to Mönchengladbach or Köln (about 30 km), this shit is ridiculous. I think we paid about the same for a one way ticket from Firenze to Castiglioncello which is over 100km.

Maremma in South Tuscany near the Mt. Argentario (Porto Ercole, Orbetello) is beautiful, both in nature and sea quality.
In Latium itself on the seaside Gaeta is nice, and Sperlonga is amazing (but expensive). Santa Severa is ok, there's an archeological area nearby.
Avoid Ostia and Fregene like the plague.

If you don't really need the seaside:
Frascati is great if you like wine (but avoid the water there, it has traces of arsenic), as well as the whole 'Castelli Romani' area.
Tivoli is great if you like parks, villas and fountains.
Fiuggi is ok (not great) if you want thermal baths.

Italy is great! Its just insanely hot atm.

Have a good time mate!

HOLY CRAP. 12€ for 30 km? Those prices are unreal, even the third world railroad of the South costs... I don't know maybe 1/6th of that.

>Its just insanely hot atm.
How is Greece? Is it hot there too?

That's insane.
With 12€ on a regional train you go at least 100km.

>I might be moving to Emilia Romagna next year to make Lambrusco vino - can't wait!

You are welcome. Even if it's full of commies, there's a high standard of living (here we joke: 'hearts on the left, wallets on the right')

>central and southern Italy
>not visiting northern cities above Venice
northern italy is the best part of italy, better language, better education,colder sometimes and at least it has water

Oristano - Cagliari (96 km) costs less than 7€.

Thank you!
I know, right? Deutsche Bahn needs to be fuckin nuked. It's expensive, always crowded, unreliable... if you don't have a reservation for a longer journey you will stand for hours on end, it's a joke for a first world country.

>You are welcome
Grazie mille ragazzo.

My girlfriend is from there and I go multiple times a year. Everyone is really nice and wants me to move there. (Currently in the UK) So making proper lambrusco is probably what i'll end up doing.

Most of the people I know there openly hate the immigrants. It makes a refreshing change from the UK where people arent so vocal.

Bologna is a commie hell hole though. Ive been 4 or 5 times but only really enjoyed it the first time.

San Vito and Cortina molto bella!

I'd say that visiting Italy with this heat is gonna be painful, if I were you i'd visit in early spring to enjoy the experience more
During Summer i'd recommend to visit the beaches in South Italy, Sicily and Sardinia
But if you are really set to visit the glory of Rome the others already gave solid advice
You won't be able to visit everything so be careful and decide beforehand what you really want to see
Enjoy the trip and be safe

Niggers and shitskins.

the amount of italians in this thread

>Bologna is a commie hell hole though. Ive been 4 or 5 times but only really enjoyed it the first time.

Family lives there. It's actually a beautiful city, which is being ruined by tolerance for crime and drugs and loads of immigration. Santo Stefano church complex is a true wonder, S. Petronio and S. Pietro are both really to be visited. There's also amazing food, as well as the portici, which are comfy as fuck.

In Romagna, do take a trip to Bertinoro, it's great. S. Agata Feltria as well, together with Sant'Arcangelo.
Nearby, Mantova is an underrated game (google some photos, it's beautiful and full of monuments)

I like the general architecture and have climbed the donkey tower. There was a lot of friendly people. My gripe was the piles of rubbish, graffitti on everything and the relentless SJW and antifa propaganda on every single spare surface. Like you said, lots of very dodgy characters standing around acting edgy.

I've was in Mantova in May - lovely. I'll ask about the other places as I'll probably be back in September sometime. Thanks for the tips.

>My gripe was the piles of rubbish, graffitti on everything and the relentless SJW and antifa propaganda on every single spare surface. Like you said, lots of very dodgy characters standing around acting edgy.
Sadly, it's not just your gripe. I have seen the quiet and tidy middle-class neighborhood where my parents live turn into a degraded, dirty parody of itself, full of pushers, burqas and all kind of human lowlife from Africa and the middle East.
Enough to turn some family friends from center-lefties to full 'rwds' populists.

>I've was in Mantova in May - lovely. I'll ask about the other places as I'll probably be back in September sometime. Thanks for the tips.
Nothing. If you have any questions ask away.