Christan General /CG/

Ok story time. Awful experience today. I was chilling in a 7-11 parking lot when some spic Jehovah witness stuck her head into my car window asking, "Would you like to read? When did you last read your bible?" I flashed my pocket kjb and said "This morning thank you" reaching for the passenger window button. I took her leaflet and started to read as she waited patiently outside with her daughter. Most of the usual "oh demon worship bad stuff" until the final article, "Real Christians don't worship the cross!" My grip tightened as I read that according to the njt (lol) in some fucking deuterocanonical passage that "oh jesus was hung on a tree!" Then goes on about how awful havong a cross is.

I was weak, I couldnt resist going up to her and explaining how wrong her literature was reading from my king james matthew 27:40. She had to pull out a spainish bible to check and said "well you must read many bibles!" So i pull out my phone and read directly from njt. She is still like "no no! Its not cross in orginal greek!" I tell her "you mean latin?" "No no that was after christ, greek!" I humor her and read aloud the greek translation, still cross.

So! She says, "no no its wrong! God said to use a torture pole not a cross" I respond by explaining thats a jewish practice and the romans carried out the execution techincally. Then she rambles about how crosses only appeared in tge byzantine empire, I show her a photo of an archelogical find if a cross dated to when christ was alive, and reading a quote about a crucifixion in 500 bce.

Finally she appeals emotionally and says, "but its such am awful symbol! Why remind yourself of the thing that killed christ" I saw red, and very thoroughly explained thats the entire point of martyrdom and what separates Christianity from other faiths. I told her that if she is quoting from a catholic bible its a sin to say the pope is wrong to worship the cross and she is clearly beimg led astray from the path of christ from heathens.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZOjrRf_u7N4
biblebelievers.com/mcardle_which-spanish.html
youtube.com/watch?v=k1-TrAvp_xs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First christ chan anime is out
youtube.com/watch?v=ZOjrRf_u7N4

Jehovah witness are literal morons. Same as Mormons. You have to be incredibly mentally deficient to follow those faiths.

Gee, I wonder who is behind this thread, the aim of which is to promote disharmony among Christians?

The Cross is the first meme. The Romans used it to torture and execute enemies of the state. They used it to torture, humiliate and execute Christ. We turned it into a symbol of peace, love, & eternal life.

why are you so triggered?
she's just some stupid woman
stop being retarded you sperg

Friendly bump

Bump

Can someone here convince me to believe in Jesus Christ? I've been an agnostic for most of my life, I recently got interested in deism, but now I'm questioning what I believe.

No, take it or leave it.

Consider Protestantism mr ancap
Make your own chapter, preach what God tells you ro preach.

Jehovahs witnesses are cultists not christians Brit bro. If op wanted to divide christians he'd start up a Protestant hate thread.

JW is a dumb cult. They never have an answer for why the Bible says his HANDS (plural) were pierced. Then when they point out that his hands could have been on top of each other with a spike going through, you point out that the Bible says his hands were pierced with NAILS (plural) -- then they shut up.

The Old Testament predicted in detail that the Son of God would come in the flesh and visit us, that he would perform miracles, live a perfect, sinless life, but still be mocked, spat upon and hated. It predicted his execution in detail, with Him being crucified and nailed to wood.

On top of that, Jesus prophesied that the Jews would be under God's wrath and that their temple would be destroyed. This happened shortly after Jesus was resurrected. He predicted that their temple would be destroyed and they would be scattered all across the earth. He calls the Jews the Synagogue of Satan and says that they do the works of their father, the devil. All this turned out to be real.

And if you look at the overall logic of Jesus and forgiving our sins, it makes a lot of sense and fits perfectly with reality. The Bible is too powerful to be written by human minds.

What do you mean "believe in Jesus Christ"?

Is Jesus not the most famous person on earth?

Pretty sure they changed their bible to avoid the hands were pierced into something something lions.

Their bible is an abomination; at its heart they believe that Jesus and Michael the Archangel are one and the same. (And their bible so reads.)

Believe that he is the Son of God, I mean.

The Roman executing Jesus came to that conclusion.

Matthew 27
And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit.

Then, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split, and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; and coming out of the graves after His resurrection, they went into the holy city and appeared to many.

So when the centurion and those with him, who were guarding Jesus, saw the earthquake and the things that had happened, they feared greatly, saying, “Truly this was the Son of God!”

zerodayswithoutjewishtricks.jpg

Nobody can know that unless the Holy Spirit tells them.

So ask the Holy Spirit to tell you that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. It's what He does.

Matthew 11:27
All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.

Haha when you guys ask Jesus for guidance you get crickets
Gods plan involved your dad beating you and your mom drinking lolololo

love that Christian Reich Chan

God speaks to me all the time. Granted I don't like what he has to say but he still makes time. I mean I can speak for him you want.

Ask and it will be given to you
Seek and ye shall find
Knock and the door shall be opened unto you

what's the CG approved spanish translation of the bible?

What do you guys think about William Lane Craig?

I really admire his work. He's extremely intelligent and well-spoken in apologetics, constantly shutting down atheists and naturalists. But he is a theistic evolutionist, which I don't align with.

Reina-Valera

Nice get i'll give a (you).

Whats your beef with theistic evolution?

there's like a hundred reina-valeras
like for example this site biblebelievers.com/mcardle_which-spanish.html shits all over the 1902, 1960, etc revisions, instead endorsing 1865. are they splitting hairs I wonder?
I'm not christian so I don't mind strict theological matters a lot, I just want the most honest possible basis to understand biblical references in latter literature

I just don't think evolution is the process by which God brought about life. Evolution is extremely wasteful. It all seems like an attempt to "reconcile" with naturalist views.

He's pretty great, and I've been researching Dr. Kent Hovind a lot as well. He has lots of debates online where he destroys atheists and evolutionists. It's now beyond doubt that evolution has been disproven as a theory and has less credibility than creationism, as it stands right now.

Oh ok. I asked if evolution was wasteful in a quick prayer and God tells me that he can be as wasteful as he wants as the concept has no meaning to a perfect being, and that he is kinda hurt that you would challenge his perfect design of the universe he bestowed by calling it wasteful in the first place.

yeah I enjoy Hovind's lectures too. He has used a few faulty arguments, but by and large he does an excellent job
So please explain how death could exist before the Fall. Because that's what evolution inherently implies.

Christians don't need help finding disharmony between their denominations.

It's contrary to the bible and inconsistent with evolution.

My God you're an asshole. You might want to look into that.

Not since Paul wrote half the New Testament, no. We're still human beings. Kind of.

Have you watched Hovind's YouTube channel after he was released from prison? He's uploading Bible studies daily now and live streaming them. He also does debates almost weekly, including online debates. Really great!

Uh-huh he's telling me he put condrums when he dictated the bible specifically so man could devote themselves to His word to find answers thereby giving them a higher chance at salvation. Basically he's telling me he sent you so I can spend more time examining the bible to seek an answer. So thanks!

Yeah I share the sentiment, God is telling me he did make me in his image, and having a laugh.

God made Adam in His image.

Adam fell, and he and his wife made people like you in their fallen image.

Agreed. They actually have in their doctrine to oppose higher education. I have no tolerance for the fools. The last few that have shown up, I've tried to convert them to anarchism.

I just borrowed some of the guy's philosophy and left it at that.

Yeah Adam wouldn't have fallen if he wasn't a bit of an asshole. He had ONE. JOB.

Well, Im going to assume you are using that flag unironically. If you cannot understand the simple nature of states, then you cannot understand christ.

Thessalonians 4:13
But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers,about those who are asleep,that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope

In otherwords, I can tell you about christ but you have to have the drive to figure it out for yourself, Faith is not artificial, it comes from a devoted drive to know christ and the father and the holy ghost.

Bumping for the Faith.

Good work OP on trying to help out a JW. Though in the future you need to do the same but make sure you don't get angry doing so. We want to convert these heretics not scare them away.

P2 Christ-chan is extremely cute. I'd love to breed someone with that look.

So do you.

Don't deny that.

So how are you doing on your one job, believing that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God?

You did good Christanon, you did good. Good job, son.

Working on it a little more every day. Wouldn't be worth it if it was easy.

Hearing voices is a sign of mental illness user.

Random Question: Why would science not take precedence over the bible when contradictions arise if science is the study of God's creation and actions speak louder than words?

I'm torn between Catholicism and Orthodoxy. Someone give me some help? I don't want to be a prottie anymore.

As a Catholic, I would have to recommend Catholicism. It is(in my eyes) the most down to Earth and true to the Bible denomination there is and is most likely the closest any denomination is to being the True Church. Orthodoxy is cool too, however.

>true to the Bible denomination
where do you find these people

Find which people, friend?

Well I guess most protestants should be institionalized.

As a Jew, I find your arguing over translations fucking hilarious, especially when they're small wrong. Goyim lol.

i live near a JW compound and they "casually drop" a leaflet every other week by my gate... gotta admit, their leaflets look sick (nice colors, graphics, crazy quotes including apocalypse, they are sensitive to social and psychological issues etc) you can tell they were made with love. which makes me think... what kind of graphic designer would sell his/her soul?

also, did not find any of the leaflets online and was thinking of scanning them but then again they are in Eastern European so... dunno

The whole babies going to hell thing kinda throws me off. Along with the Pope acting like a cuck. But on the other hand, it's from west europe (like my genetics) and the religious art is great (I especially enjoy gregorian chant). Also, all the contributions the Catholic Church has made to society. I guess I'm just having trouble weighing the good and bad against each other.

Where is your god now?
How does he feel?

Any graphic designer. Gotta get all the work you can get and pay off those loans.

Missed these user, keep up the good work as always!

While the Church is infallible, I believe that, as all Earthly things aside from Christ, it does not mean it is incapable of wrongdoing. Especially the Pope, who serves more or less as the representative or messenger of God, not his mouth. When you elect a representative to Congress, do you expect them to speak for you to your fullest belief? Of course not, and as only human, the Pope should not be seen as a figurehead who is to be worshiped or seen as a direct mouthpiece for the Lord.

jews are a big reason i started believing the bible was true

New testimate wasnt written in hebrew.

excellent question. the fact is that as Orthodoxy is a "state religion," it is very corruptible. while Catholicism may have had some troubles in the past, it is guaranteed against corruption by the Pope (which works the same was as a King... if the King is unfit, you depose him... while the Orthodox church has more like an organized crime "system" mentality e.g. Greece or Romania).

that being said, the main issue lies in the attitude towards the Holy Spirit. Catholics say that the Holy Spirit proceeds from both the Father and the Son, while the Orthodox say it proceeds only from the Father (so, blasphemy aside, the Father manages both the Human and Natural resources... the Son is more of an entertainment factor).

there are a lot of other differences but this is the most important. would you trust your kids with your factory or would you make slaves out of them?

See this
Also, when it comes to babies not going to heaven, if they are not baptized, they are left in the hands and mercy of God. This is what the church teaches at least.
And yes, I would have to agree, Catholic art and especially Gregorian chants are especially beautiful!
youtube.com/watch?v=k1-TrAvp_xs
This is not a Gregorian Chant however it is almost as beautiful as one.

>church is infallible
>doesn't mean it is incapable of wrongdoing
These contradict each other, you christcuck.

THE PYRAMIDS WERE STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN FOR THE GIANTS OF THE PAST, THEY ALL LEFT TO HEAVEN BY ASCENSION OF THE PYRAMIDZ

I'd recommend Orthodoxy over Roman Catholicism due to the simple fact that Christ is the head of the Church, that Orthodoxy is not centered on one city therefore having a better claim to being catholic (catholic means universal), having theology which is experiential and not just philosophical wankery claiming to be, so on and so forth. I'd suggest looking into the history of both and decide for yourself which is the true church.

Babies do go to heaven, though. There are several stories that mention how babies are in heaven, and how heaven is made for people like the little children. I think it also mentions that the unborn are in the Book of Life.

catholics get left behind in the rapture for trusting their works

mystery babylon with delicious riches and the blood of saints and everything and idols

sorry m8

damn man i hate economic terrorism and the waste of talent it leads to. and so did Jesus. praise Jesus!

I would recommend Baptism because it's the closest to the Bible and to God's word, in my opinion.

God has a plan for everyone, and if His plan is to take a child with him into Heaven to test the faith of their parents, that is His will and there is a reason for it.
Anyway the girl pictured is at the age she most likely would've been baptized in a Christian household so if she is at least somewhat religious she would go directly to Heaven afaik.

This fucking cute girl image trick. You learned that from the muslims didn't you. I have seen this manipulation before.

Question since orthodoxy has no central leadership how can one tell if a place of worship is legit or not? Catholics have rome but orthodoxy doesn't have something similar how does it prevent splintering of canon law?

How did you guys pick a branch of Christianity? Is it just whatever you were brought up with?
Speaking as an outsider who's never been involved in this stuff, they all seem pretty much interchangeable.

Do any of them have any evidence supporting their beliefs?

you read the bible and then you join like minded people

its what you believe in and found out to be true from the scripture

i have met many religious (not only Christian, but all were part of organized religion) ugly girls whom despite the fact that they were ugly, they were VERY attractive and some of them even very cute. have you got more info about this witchcraft??

(also, i never dipped my tool in any of them because fear of complications... advice maybe?)

Wrong.
The Church(as in the physical body) is capable of wrongdoing however the Church as a spiritual and philosophical body is incapable of wrongdoing and serves only to guide those of the Faith and to help those who need saving.
Also
>Christcuck
You'll be in my prayers.
I have so many Kang memes it's not even funny. I think /cg/ will enjoy this one especially
The Catholic Church is the first Christian Church and the only True Christian Church. All Christians(aside from the Cults such as JW and Mormonism) will be accepted by Christ and judged accordingly to their Faith in Christ and God the Father and to their doings on Earth.

What if I read the bible and none of it seems particularly convincing?

>people die therefore no God
lol atheism

>Damaging imagery
>Bugs Bunny
>Santa Claus

>All Christians(aside from the Cults such as JW and Mormonism) will be accepted by Christ

Matthew 7:21-23
21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

then youre not a christian maybe after the rapture on september 23 youll wake up

All of the recommendations and advice is very appreciated, even if it all pointed to a different direction.

CRAAAWLING
IN
MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

>The Catholic Church is the first Christian Church and the only True Christian Church.

For the first 280 years of Christian history, Christianity was banned by the Roman Empire, and Christians were terribly persecuted. This changed after the “conversion” of the Roman Emperor Constantine. Constantine provided religious toleration with the Edict of Milan in AD 313, effectively lifting the ban on Christianity. Later, in AD 325, Constantine called the Council of Nicea in an attempt to unify Christianity. Constantine envisioned Christianity as a religion that could unite the Roman Empire, which at that time was beginning to fragment and divide. While this may have seemed to be a positive development for the Christian church, the results were anything but positive. Just as Constantine refused to fully embrace the Christian faith, but continued many of his pagan beliefs and practices, so the Christian church that Constantine promoted was a mixture of true Christianity and Roman paganism.

Constantine found that, with the Roman Empire being so vast, expansive, and diverse, not everyone would agree to forsake his or her religious beliefs to embrace Christianity. So, Constantine allowed, and even promoted, the “Christianization” of pagan beliefs. Completely pagan and utterly unbiblical beliefs were given new “Christian” identities.

When the Western half of the Roman Empire collapsed in 476, the popes took on the title that had previously belonged to the Roman emperors—Pontifex Maximus. Pope Gregory I, ruling from 590–604, is usually considered the first bishop to truly wield papal authority.

God gave you His word, at some point it's up to you to start giving your trust to Jesus Christ. He can only do so much for someone with free will. What particular issue do you have with the Bible? Jesus Christ died for your sins so that you may see Heaven. If he had not done so, you would for sure burn in hell for all your sins.

> little children

lol, taking scripture too literally.

It really means that heaven is full of people who trust in God fully, like a child would. Going with the flow...