Are you lonely Sup Forums?

>Many parts of the world are facing what’s being called a “loneliness epidemic
>Widespread social isolation is a major threat to public health, perhaps even deadlier than obesity.
>The issue is only set to get worse too because of a decreasing number of children per household, declines in marriage, and an aging population.
>Being connected to others socially is widely considered a fundamental human need — crucial to both well-being and survival.
>Extreme examples show infants in custodial care who lack human contact fail to thrive and often die
>Social isolation, loneliness, or simply living alone has a significant and equal effect on the risk of premature death.
archive.is/JdQQQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3wwjrwTNgxM
youtube.com/watch?v=ZaPTELylZ1s
youtu.be/LU4W0ef2654
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Normies are more connected than ever and nobody cares if robots die.

I've never experienced a feeling of loneliness or need to talk to anyone. Am I immune to this "health problem"? I could do perfectly fine without ever having to talk to another human again.

Bullshit. It's the whole 'anyone who spends time by themselves away from the mainstream is mentally ill' thing they use to get people to conform.

I'm the same, but apparently lone wolves also suffer from the consequences even if you prefer to be alone. May as well just accept an early death.

Churches provide community. They're just about the only thing left that does.

What's it matter anyways? We all die. Just enjoy what you have while you have it. Why fear death? You won't know you're dead. You won't remember what you had, what you didn't have. Your regret, your love, your hate, your happiness erased. People are so silly.

What a feminized "study".

I don't buy into this crap for a second.

>Smash the family unit
>Import foreign cultures
>High trust homogenous society becomes low trust shithole.
>People start to isolate themselves...
It's almost like globalism is a bad thing.

99% of Americans are trash so I mostly just enjoy the company of international online friends who are smarter and more interesting

Pic related

only loser virgin rural and suburban retards notice patterns, user

This, but without a shade of irony.

it must be shit for people who can't handle their own company

Some people are able to socialize better than they might think so they don't adapt to loneliness as much as they could. But my social skills are such shit there was no other option other than adapting to it.

This is just one of those liberal pet projects they don't really care about but have run out of virtues to project and need something to talk about.

Conform to what though? Society hanging out together again like we all used to do pre mass use of cell phones/internet? Even if they were behind this it seems like it would be a good thing.

I AM UTTERLY ALONE
but not lonely. Retards KYSs

Honestly it doesn't bother me until normies almost try to make me feel bad about it.

>you didn't do anything for your (21st) birthday?
>no really you didn't do anything?
>seriously you didn't do anything?
That was an actual conversation at work

youtube.com/watch?v=3wwjrwTNgxM
>hurr durr why are Germans so depressed and unfunny
>just beeee happy

>Get into car
>Start her up
>"I walk a lonely road" starts playing
Them feels

They're trying to tell you that you're sick (and you are for not conforming to whatever standard the society has established). It's supposed to be bothering, to the point of making you change your ways and fit in better.

Good

>loneliness and social isolation meme
>In my 20s after college, I was a chad, partied and I had at least 4 girls that I rotated during the week to get sex daily.
>did that for several years.
>eventually realized that it was a dangerous lifestyle and dropped it all
>got into anime and gaming, still go to the gym 4 times a week
>became hermit and antisocial
>most social interaction I got was from work, gym, Sup Forums shit posting and online gaming
>still managed to stay happy
>girl hovered my way and got married

I could never understand how someone could reach true loneliness.

I removed myself from society and still had friends and managed to get girls.

Fuck off bands in the 90s were awesome.

>I could never understand how someone could reach true loneliness.
I don't know either. It just doesn't phase me as much anymore. I've accepted it.

wot?

>fucking Chad who get to chose if he lives as a hermit (but married, wtf?) or lives as a total degenerate
>thinks he can understand how it's like to be outcast by society or hated by everyone because you are ugly
Good thing we are on Sup Forums, elsewhere this would be a clear NORMIE REEEEEEEEEEE.

Isn't peer pressure and attention whoring worse for your mental health though?
From what I saw people with 400 and more so called friends on kikebook are usually some of the most shallow and dead inside humans I've ever seen

>tfw 27th birthday was a week ago once again I didn't even get to meet my family and one friend because co-worker called sick

Yah but at least they are distracted and have plenty of opportunists for face to face interaction due to their large social network. Whether those face to face interactions are deep and meaningful or not doesn't matter. The fact they get to have them gets them through the day so they got that going for them.

thats because you had what almost all of loners strive to, make the experiences you seek, fullfill your desires and develop yourself further with the knowledge you gained. Most of us are not that fortunate to have a choice man

>premature death

well at least I have something to look forward to

>all this denial
you wouldn't post here if you weren't lonely
I'd guess this is the only real social interaction for 2/3 of you
for the other 1/3 it's the only time you are honest

youtube.com/watch?v=ZaPTELylZ1s

This. Its one thing to have a small social circle and a job with little human interaction. Its another to have no social circle and a job with zero human interaction.

Jeez it's almost like destroying the traditional family and making everyone a workaholic, women included, was bad for society.

I've been alone for a very long time. I had few friends in highschool but when I dropped out the only person left was my girlfriend. When she left me 5 years ago I've been going solo since. In the beginning it was fine, I was surrounded by my thoughts and drove around the country a little

But it's gotten difficult and each year is a reminder that I'm alone. I miss friends, someone to share experiences with and thoughts to. I know it's easy to drop off this cruddy world and call yourself a loner but true honest friends are something I would trade my lonesome experiences for. Or at least just a girlfriend for Christ's sake

I've been alone for so long I've become a little socially inept. Thinking of going to community college just to start over

Is it really that bad? At least know that you are not alone, I feel the same way about those who surround me too.

youtu.be/LU4W0ef2654

You fag you got this from Stefans show with Ezra

Well that's fucking sad, can you imagine having to deal with 200+ retards everyday in order to trigger your dopamine release like some pavlovian dog?
No wonder this generation is full of degenerates

this, sometimes i find persons that at least are able to listen, most of the times their conversations are too stupid

People like to whine I guess

I was a hermit for about 4 years before getting married.

Just focused on work, asked for over time to stay out of trouble. Got into gaming and anime since you can do that anytime.

Also got a membership at a gym that is open 24 hours. I usually go to the gym at 3 or 4 am. It's pretty empty at that time, mostly body builders and really old people there, so people who are serious about working out.

I've easily watched over 100 anime, have several waifus but Hatsune Miku is the background on my phone.

I tease my wife to step up her game or I will get a Hatsune Miku sex doll.

I hardly consider myself a normie.

>Extreme examples show infants in custodial care who lack human contact fail to thrive and often die
rly maeks u thnk
>leave baby in room alone
>forget to feed it
>dies
>'oh woops must have been lonely poor thing'

Sorry user, *Hug*. Happy belated birthday :)

>at B&N on Friday night because loner
>flipping through magazines
>girl next to me asks me what I'm reading about
>the new movie about Dunkirk
>oh what's that about?
>information-overload.jpg
>she walks off confused

I'm alone because I'm painfully shy and awkward. Sorry, I'm just not going to pretend to be something that I'm not to get friends that are not even worth having.

Our societies are dying. Is there anything positive about it out there anymore? I can't think of any.

>implying that I'm lonely because when I could be reading a book or watching a movie I spend hours posting on Sup Forums sharing my thoughts with strangers and kind of hoping for a (you)

not really. That's why being alone is so comfy. Not being burdened by idiots is a good thing

I'm peaceful in my solitude. Whoever wrote that article should be shot in the face.

Open wide your glimmering eyes
Bathe in the divinity of loneliness
Empowered by self creation shine inward
Desolation is and always has been the ultimate red pill.

>deadlier than obesity
True,but not in way they are presenting it.Letting so many people isolate themselves and start thinking more and more about why society is fucked+high info consumption was (((their))) one and only fatal mistake.

People actually listen to you? I'm just finding people that want you to sit there for hours on end listening to nothing but them.

Think on the bright side: the most destructive war in the history of the planet is just around the corner.

>part of tight knit group of friends since elementary school
>now I'm 25 and everyone has moved away or migrated to a new social circle

That's life. I think the problem know is people aren't starting families, normally if you had no friends it wouldn't matter because you have a wife and kids who consume all your time, now people are like 30 years old trying to constantly have "fun" like they're a teenager

>Chad "problems"
>thinks his exp comes remotely close to lonliness
>assumess it was in any way that of a real incel

you dont know da struggle faggot dont talk like you experienced the incel lyfe for a second

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Have you ever gone to a big cemetery and analyzed which graves had the most amount of care and attention and which hadn't?

Here in Brazil we mostly bury our dead above ground, se we make little shelves where we can put candles and flowers and shit, and usually the graves of men age 18 upwards are the ones without any candles. The women are always full of flowers and candles in their graves.

A lot of the male graves also have child pictures in them even though the person who died is clearly older. Probably because he was a loner and the family couldn't find a photo of him as an adult, so they took whatever they could find.

This is how I realized how many people died alone and miserable, and how most of these losers are men.
If you line near a cemetery or graveyard you should try doing that too, you may learn something new.

That's for normies who scared to death to be alone.

Yes. Yes it is.

Being lonely is like being bored, you should thank your lucky stars your life is so pleasant.

I want to be part of the cemetery.

>imprisoned for 46 years
>over 20 spent in solitary confinement

I give you Rudolf Hess, the loneliness world champion

What will you do when 4chin close down?

I live alone, work alone, lift alone, eat alone, no family anywhere near me, no friends. The only thing that keeps me sane are whores.

Me too, but I'm afraid my grave won't have many candles.

kek this shit only affects young idiots. After 25 you start to realize how alone you are save for core family and how much lonelier those elderly are that had their spouse died and kids don't visit. You die alone anyways so might as well get used to it.

Plus we have internet these days so really fuck off with this.

You have to go outside to buy drugs
>inb4 degenerate
I'm half Greek and balding at 25. It's ok of I slowly destroy myself.

And yet normies will cry and pretend how much they missed you.
But never gave a single fuck while you were alive.

>grandfather dies
>grandmother widowed and living alone
>I'm the only grandchild that reaches out to her

I read that book the Irish woman wrote about us recently
she missed why things happen here
opportunity to be cruel
chance to be kind

This

I just feel happy as a clam not talking to people. Pretty much no one believes it though, they think I'm secretly miserable. No normies, being around you makes me miserable.

Make sure you continue to do that.

Yes. "American Education" is not a meme, I was harassed by civic nationalists for knowing things about foreign places.

I do. She's my last living grandparent and I can tell she really appreciates it. I will miss her when she's gone

you'd be surprised how many high schoolers can't even locate all 50 states properly

same for me, including the whores part.

Working from home is what gets to me the most, I think. Sure it has its perks, but being void of any human contact outside of email, often for weeks on end, starts to get to me. I actually think I'd prefer an office job just so I'd get to have a little office camaraderie and water cooler conversation. Near total isolation is driving me to insanity.

Never heard about that book. Sounds like a typical normie who doesn't get Sup Forums.

>I've never experienced a feeling of loneliness or need to talk to anyone.

You're either an actually turbo autismo or other mental disorder.

I'm autist, but I still enjoy people.

I get mentally "bloated" if I can't speak to people for too long. Even if it's just a chat on the computer.

>You have to go outside to buy drugs
not anymore. you can get anything you want online

At one point, you isolate yourself for so long, people move on, and then you can't get back with society because everybody has a life and there's no room for you.

I know that feel. I actually love to talk to people, but most of my age cross the street when they see me or avoid me at all costs.

Last time I actually talked to someone was a 70 year old grandma at a parkbench, we spent about 1 hour talking and that made feel good for about a week, before that sensation set in again.

Yet they all want you to make room for them.

>Judaism the article
Over socialization breeds the goodest and most talentless/stupid goys.

Everyone I know is a fucking retard yet everyone I know has no problem making friends and getting gfs

Even if it's a fucking dumb as shit kid who supports trump and believes and god and has no idea why, he found a trump hating feminist gf who literally gives him a place to stay and food to eat just to fuck him even though he has no ambition, no fucking thoughts of his own, nothing, I can't imagine what the fuck he does all day waiting for her to come home

After I threw away my health busting my ass doing overtime night shifts through what should be the prime of my life

I can't fucking take this shit

Keep up the good work, taking care of your close family is unfortunately becoming way too rare nowadays.
I suppose it explains all those people needing recognition through sns to the point of becoming mentally ill

If people want you to make room for them, you're not really isolated, right ? You have people trying to come in your life, when you're really outcasted, it's nearly impossible.

I mean, I live in a little town, and sometimes, I go for a walk, people are like "so, where are you from ?"

I tell them : "I was born here, and I lived here my whole life."

They answer : "What ? Really ? Never saw you."

oh I wish, recently a close relative has gotten let's just say will die for certain in next 2 years, it's fucking horrifying feeling to think about this and keeping out of social interactions.

No, I pay these normies to be my friends. I also have a Chad i pay $100 every once in a while to chill. I even paid a party host $75 to let me into the party but i got beat the shit out of so i may just pay chads to hang out

I mean they don't give the slightest fuck about you or anything else, but want you to be their walking brown nose.

We better deep destroying traditional marriage then

It's a masculine study, you're very feminine

when did we all become Japan?

Sorry I misunderstood.

Can't say this happens to me though, I just can't relate, my friend.

>normally if you had no friends it wouldn't matter because you have a wife and kids who consume all your time, now people are like 30 years old trying to constantly have "fun" like they're a teenager
My interpretation as well.

What do you mean become Japan? Is that common in Japan or something?

thanks. I regret not knowing some of my other grandparents better but they passed when I was young. I want to have a big family and be the best to them to make up for the broken family situation I'm currently dealing with

well i have some kind of magic, i.e: met a girl on the gym, second time we spoke to each other we talked for 4 hours straight while being mostly me
It happens every time i meet someone new

Ok people, the point here is not to get angry at scientific reality, that we are social animals and that we are supposed to have a group and a family to belong to. The point is, you should learn about this reality, and then adapt.

Just getting upset and resentful is no way to win. It only guarantees you stay in the hole. You have to break the cycle and go out and actually connect with real life and real people.