What are history lessons like in your country?

Ours are completely neutered. Patriotic sentiment is banned because the lessons try to offer an impartial view of history, but we all know that just translates to "self-flagellating". In many cases, British history isn't taught at all. For example, I was examined on fucking FDR, with some lip service given to the creation of the British welfare state (which, of course, is the only part of British history to be studied - how we became a dysgenic, bloated welfare state). The kings, battles and political history of the world is completely neglected in favour of a sociological narrative through near-Marxist lens, where the only part of history worth mentioning is the welfare system, women's suffrage and of anecdotes designed to make you feel ashamed e.g. the Zong massacre. This is what cultural suicide looks like. It has bred a generation that knows literally NOTHING about their country, they are completely divorced from it and the end result are neutered, cosmopolitan "citizen-of-the-world" fuckboys, primed for leftist programming by the lack of ideological defence that takes the form of being secure in the knowledge of their national myths.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OHmGliVqxXg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

(You)
- Brit/pol/

I mainly learned about slavery, segregation and the feminist movement in history at school

More of this qt3.14 pls

Everything we did for the world, all the civilisation will not be forgotten - that would be too easy. It will be turned round, British kids will see the empire as evil...

For me it was just:
>Slavery
>We Wuz Empirez
>WWI/II
Though this was all in secondary school.

You better hope that's her haircut and not the shape of her head, mate

>hey baby, how about a little head

I hope it is, i always dreamt of an alien cutie gf

1. Wars of independence
2. Victorian living
3. WW2
Nothing before independence, nothing after WW2. Very, very dull and boring.

>What are history lessons like in your country?

used to be good, I even took a degree in history, but it turned to shit while I was in my final year, now its Total Shit.

Everything is about feminism and niggers.

In the US you learn about the Crusades, Asian History(china mainly), European History(not WW1 or 2), and ancient african history.

The American history you learn about is the Wars, how america is best at everything, freedom, more winning, freedom, everyone sucks but america, south was baddies in civil war... etc..

That is from public education of middle/hs.

Maybe Gen Z learned something different, would be interested.

>Everything is about feminism and niggers.

Or "for" them
All of our national history and culture is secondary to the political narrative of global continuous migration and global laborforce / slavery.
Everything I used to love about history is being shielded from the masses.

Roman Empire
>We actually wuz roman
Murica
>Greatest ally forever
Luther-30 Years War
>Totally not antisemitic
> we wuz Wallenstein
French Revolution/Napoleon
>Some of us wuz against him

German Empire founded
>We wuz colonial Empire
>We kicked Baguette Asses

WW1
>Austrias Fault
>Italy WHY?

Weimar
>SPD makes Germany great again
>Muh Nazis
>Muh Commies

WW2
>Ok this was our fault
>Muh 6 Gorillion
>At least we kicked some french asses

since 1945
>Muh Sovietunion
>Prohibit Parties but we totally wuz better than DDR
>Kohl was best Man since Jeezuz

>Don't betray me you ungrateful twat or I'll bury you deep in Tredegar

Burger euro history
>greece
>rome
>charlemagne
>vikings fucking up england
>crusades
>england france squabbles
>magna carta
>north italy muh da vinci
>spain, portugal new world
>ww1
>ww2
>hre nope, austria nope, russia nope, sweden nope, prussia nope, ottomans nope, eastern europe nope

How old are you? Post 1998?

27, 2008 graduation.
Were no advanced history classes sadly.
Never learned about reformation other than king henry saying fuck off

looking at the other responses pretty redpiled, concerning I learned to think critically for historically events especially when the source is from the winner. To quote "Literally all info we have from war from the fighting parties is propaganda until proven right following the scientific method by external sources."

I was in scottsdale unified SD in AZ and i'm 24.

I remember more about Chinese history of the chink Empires than anything else.

It made me hate history desu. Shit that i didn't care about and would never store in longterm memory. Euro history was cool but it was scattered from 5th-12th.

>muh slavery
>muh trail of tears
>muh holocaust

Repeat until sick

I took ancient history in highschool so i got to learn about teh based spartans, but most of our own national history was "we waz ebil colonisers an sheet, gibs land back to abbos."

Did you learn that the founder of the Democratic party was the one who began the signing that led to the Trail of Tears in return for money?

bit random... we covered the Tudors and Stewarts, WW1 and WW2

also, randomly, the Vietnam war

>also, randomly, the Vietnam war
So did we, as well as the reffos we got from that conflict and how racist we were/are.

Also that the white australia policy was the worst thing since hitler and how the multicultural melting pot (actual words) was superior. I also remember being told about global warming when i was 6.

This was mid to late 90s. I started school in 93.

5th to 12th was really cool, read about Late Antiquity and go play the Age of Charlemagne expansion for Total War: Attila if you're into vidya

This is what it should be like, though the Churchill/WW2 shit isn't to my liking.

youtube.com/watch?v=OHmGliVqxXg

ww1 and ww2, kicking the USAs ass, breaking off stuff like that

I remember being 'taught' Islamic religious doctrine, minus the "kill infidel and beat wife" parts.
Virginia here.
Part of our world history course in HS, which was mostly and the ebil colonialism combined with a lot of shitskin glorification. Oddly enough, we did almost nothing on the Orient. Pretty much all spics, niggers, and mudslimes.

Reminder that if you happened to play life is strange and you didn't save Kate, you should stop breathing air, thank you.

learned about kangs

From the Early US History class I took over the summer:

>WY PIPOS AR BAD!
>FOUNDING FATHERS ARE FUCKING PIECES OF SHIT!
>WED BE BETTER OFF WITHOUT ANY WY PIPO CREATING THE LITERAL GEM OF CIVILIZATION!!!!
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>mfw

US, 2014 graduation.
Our mandatory "American History" classes were pretty cucked, like being taught about all of the "ebil things" like the Trail of Tears, without ever being told about the background behind it.

Elective history classes were another story, probably because they were taught by a conservative teacher.
World History was mostly impartial, factually teaching about important parts of history like Sumer, classical Greece, Rome, colonization of the Americas, how the US became an economic powerhouse.

Not really anything about the crusades like others have said, other than how they triggered the Renaissance.

There was also an entire class examining the Vietnam war that was extremely informative- how it started, how it was carried out, why we lost, you name it.
Even had a group of Vietnam veterans come in to talk to the class about it and answer questions we had.

Piggybacking off of the military theme, we would sometimes have army recruiters and/or prior students that enlisted come and talk to the class about the current military.

Those history classes were probably part of the reason why 10% of my class, including myself, ended up enlisting.

>first the Greeks, nobody cares about Mesopotamia and all that crap
>Romans and sheit first all the punic wars and all that
>the goths no because that was fascist back then with Franco
> the muslims > only after the XII > They were cool and all that we kick them from here > softh version like if we didn't slaughter them all and they leave peacefully
>Catholic kings > muslims and jews out > America (not much to say we did zerg rush with 500 guys ez)
>Charles I & Ferdinand II > Lepanto
>80 years war
>French Revolution
> Napoleon
>Russians and all that
>WWI & WWII
Franco the civil war and the XX century was almost nothing, neither the 150 years of the Carlist wars
I think that's all
the colonies, nobody cares, neither our role in the American Revolutionary War, or the Rif etc ...
Relevant countries for us other than Spain : Grece > Rome > France > Uk > Netherlands(only in the 80 years war) > Russia
Patriotic sentiment only allowed in the XVI century and All the American conquest thing is taught poorly also the Antonine dynasty the 100 years war and lots of things more to be proud of

Battle of Hastings
Reformation
Irish history
World war 2 (we got to make election brochures from the German point of view literally saying vote for hitler, probably to delve into how they got elected) you guys would have loved it.
T. Northern Ireland

Ours depend on where you live honestly. But I feel you on the British being told to hate their own, especially the period between the Jew expulsion and Cromwell. Of course it wasn't coincidence that in the same period, England went from a minor power to a great one. Every single Briton I encounter seems ashamed of that part of their history and to have a very cynical attitude in general. At least they aren't only self hating and will bitch about us loving George Washington too much.

I hate when a fucking rube tells me how heroes need to be (((humanized))) and to have all of their faults shown center stage, like to the point where tey overshadow achievements.

WE WUZ COMMONWEALTH AND WE WUZ DESTROYED 1V6 AND THEN ASSRAPED AGAIN 1V2

Cuckmanian here

It wasnt even as much guilt inducing propaganda as it was about how great murisharts are and the totally boring local politica of pre WW2, which party did what who the leaders where ho much seats they got in politics.

German history is almost totally ignored from HRE to 1700, to mitigate any patriotism or yearning for the old christian ways.

Basucally history classes are
>murisharts are best thing to ever exist
>muh freedumbz
> revolution is always cool from french to russian commies
>lolocaust
>WW2 an every angle of it

Which confirms germany as JEWsas vassal state and is aubveraive brainwashing in its own right

I think mine started at the Norman conquest followed by the Middle Ages, Wars of the Roses, Elizabethan, Victorian, WW1 and WW2.

I did no world history and my teacher was pretty jingoistic. He always went on about foreigners and their foreign muck (food) and supposedly called the one mixed race kid in my school a gollywog.

Nigger, you have to be 18 to post on this board. When I finished my A levels a few years back we studied British political history in the first year of history class.

In high school history we studied Vietnam war, prohibition. Face it the world is American centric, schools choose different syllabus materials based on a range of factors.

In school we learned about the indians and their tee pees, then a bit about Columbus killing 600 billion indians, like 1 week on the revolution, then another week on the civil war and how it was all over slavery. Then the rest of the time on the late 1800s. We had so many spics in my school we learned the same historical period over and over again(1700s-1800s) because they couldn't keep up I guess. Never even covered ww1 or ww2.

Wasted so much time of my childhood just sitting there surrounded by shitskins. Still resent my parents a bit for it, but I know it wasn't their fault.

Could be worse desu

where was this and what year were you surrounded by spics in school?

Graduated in 2012 and this was in Iowa.

Massive emphasis on slavery and how niggers, spics, and women have been "oppressed" throughout our history. This is when studying US history. When studying world history, it is mostly balanced and neutral, but a few important things may be omitted simply to make lessen the sheer amount of content.

pure marxist revisionism and we don't learn shit about the historical characters that were actually important to the country, only the ones leftists like, who are praised, and everyone else is a caricature and a villain

texas here, drowning in spics. didn't know the disease spread so far north...

Yeah, well Iowa is still like 88% white, but I lived in a town with a huge packing plant so spics were like 2/3rds of the town and the school. The towns without packing plants are still really white though.

I don't remember learning any Swedish history whatsoever except in like 3rd grade with Gustav Vasa and all that

We suffer from basically the same thing
its basically
>pre arabs
>world wars
>revolution
>European wars
>Arab empires but only the ones that got cucked i.e:abassids
>yessss goy ottoman rule was good and a lot of all people are equal and the shitty hadith saying that

Also, Texas here and I 2nd the spic infestation.

If it makes you feel better I learned about the rus

We literally didn't have any history lessons except, I think, 4 four-week crash courses in grades 3, 6, 8, and 10 about British arrival to Australia, Gold Rush in NSW, Vikings and Ancient Egyptians for some reason, and WW1. That's literally it. Off the top of my head, here's a list of things we were never taught about:
>WW2
>Anything in the ancient, medieval or early modern periods, apart from the aforementioned above
>Communism and the Cold War
>French Revolution
>Enlightenment
>Industrial Revolution
>Reformation
>Colonialism, except that the Brits landed here in 1788
>Christianity, except a /quickrundown/ about Jesus' life, but only because it was Easter
>Holy Roman Empire
>Napoleon
>Crusades
>"Dark Ages"

>White Australia policy was bad.
>We genocided abos and stole their land.

The usual anti-white bs with our historical twist.

I didn't learn anything about the revolutionary war in school until American history in 11th grade. Elementary school was about the civil war and racism, the rest was the holocaust.

That's not the real Christ-Chan.

Is she even a virgin?

I took modern history (elective) for my last two years and we learned about Cuba, WW2 and 1930s Germany.

What kind of a shit school did you go to? Or did your school not offer SOSE, international politics and history revolutions?

Anyway we pretty much learned everything this guy listed. The only leftist teacher we had was for history revolutions. That particular faculty was pretty much autistic when it came to historic events. They wouldnt leave any detail out which meant harder exams.

white=bad

Damn. That movie BOPE is pretty real after all.

The earliest push I got towards the red pill was in highschool learning about abo 'history and culture' (the former mostly being white history if you catch my drift).

When learning about tribal customs and so forth I came across the section on crime and punishment, learning about the traditional male punishment of 'spear through thigh' and the female one of 'beaten with sticks'. There was a tagline to this whole thing explaining in detail that because they had all these punishments in place nobody committed crimes.

Even as a snot nosed, ignorant, apathetic, left-leaning, idiotic fucking teenager I still had to mentally back the fuck up and triple take at that.

I feel you man, same shit is happening in the USA. The UK is totally lost at this point.

An arguably shitty school, that's for sure. In SOSE, which was compulsory, we learnt exactly what I told you in my earlier post. Year 11 and 12 SOSE was optional though, and we learnt about 'youth culture' in society, stereotypes in society, and boat people. This was 2010/2011, so my year were basically the labrats testing the blueprint for all the lefty sjw crap to boom. They literally straight-up told us that they were changing the curriculum and we were the first group of students to try it. In hindsight, they straight-up told us we were the first to have have the SJW propaganda crap slammed down our throats.

Had a class in college where the teach explained most deaths in the holocaust were due to starvation caused by allied bombing, Zyclon B was only used for delousing, the ventilation was set up in such a way that if they did use gas the Germans would have ended up gassing themselves and there was no gas residue found on the walls. This was back in 08 so I'm not sure how the climate is or if he is still teaching. I think one girl might have questioned it but most of the class didn't bat an eye.

I took a several years off but last year a teacher was suspended and made a public apology for saying that too much of policy and culture was implemented by dead white men and their time is up. I love the South.

Oh, and 'International Politics' and explicit 'History' classes were not offered at my school.

Ignore the elephant, I was just shitposting

Ah im class of 08 so this makes sense. Damn they changed the curricular THAT much? They cut ALL of that?

history in university (college) has great, I learn some stuff about the ancient greece, Puertorican history during the 30's to 60"s and the European/Italian Renaissance, but my "history lessons" in public school was:

>Christopher Columbus
>Taino Indians
>Christopher Columbus
>Sugar Cane Industry
>More Christopher Columbus
>How Spain and the US fuck us in the ass with the colonial status
>Fucking Christoper Columbus
>Slavery
>I FUCKING HATE C H R I S T O P E R C O L U M B U S

And thats all. NO US, NO EUROPEAN HISTORY, just little parts about medieval era, NO ASIAN HISTORY, NO LATIN AMERICA HISTORY, NOT EVEN ALL THE HISTORY OF MY COUNTRY, just bullshit

Came here to get more of these, very shocked that there aren't more!

history in university (college) WAS great,

>First thing I'm told in my year 11 Studies or Religion class by a christcuck.
> Islam is a religion of peace

It might have just been my school, because some other people I know who went to other schools said that they studied history, but they were private schools so idk about the rest of us. It's strange, we were offered 'Legal Studies' and 'Business Studies', but not curricular staples like History or Electronics.

Spend 1 entire month learning about the holocaust in 8th grade
>yeah ok teach I get it Jews died and that old woman at the museum rode a rollercoaster. Can we learn about he fighting now? (We didn't)
9th grade we learned again
>hey we learn about how we saved the earth on D-day now. I'm a happy kid
10th grade we learn about the holocaust again
>oh some movie about a Jew kid getting gassed. Stupid ass movie portrayed the Germans wrong.

Europe was a mystery to me until I went and learned myself. Napoleon was someone grande but I wasn't sure what he did. In university I spent a semester studying the 3rd Reich. I actually started to understand and sympathize with them then.

>Rome I only Knew from TV
>Middle Ages were a mystery and 800-1500 still are to a large extent
>lmao wtf the fuck is east Asia
>we covered the pilgrims and the discovery of the new world a decent amount
Basically they did fuck all with history. Spent a shit ton of time on Jews. The rest was about pre-USA America, civil war, and the revolution.
>learned math up to calculus
>hated science
>learned how our government worked
>I wrote a shit ton of papers in the advanced English classes
>I zoned out in Spanish class
There is the basics of my American education.

We learned some about the proto-nordic cultures in secondary school Swedish courses because it tied into indo-european languages and their history, which occupied a large portion of the curriculum

I was offered
>Information Processing Technology
>Modern History
>Ancient History
>Business Studies
>Legal Studies
>Construction
>Art

>muh freedumbz
That's you need to know, desu famalam.

You were lucky, I was offered
>Art
>PE/sport
>Music
>Psychology
>Business studies
>Legal studies
>Home ec
>SOSE
>Woodwork

GCSEs or A levels ?

we have one month a year where we talk about how awful white people are, and the noble struggle of the American nig nog.

...so yeah.

>tribal customs
>male punishment of 'spear through thigh' and the female one of 'beaten with sticks'
abbos are animals

well here we learn about our country and how it was fucked by bad leadership and also how great is europe

and also give back panama

>This is what cultural suicide looks like. It has bred a generation that knows literally NOTHING about their country,

Orwell knew all about this and outlined it in1984.

“He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.”

The marxist know exactly what they are doing. They want the white man, his culture and genes wiped form the face of the earth and they have all but won.

/comfy/ post

I went to school in Florida and I didn't learn about that part of the hoax until I started lurking.

Had a fucking commie
Romanian-born bitch that, I swear to Christ, would brag about how she's overstayed her visa by a few months so far. I swear to god. She literally told one student next to me that she thinks people's right to private property is a real thing. Got in a lot of arguments with her. Cunt. She got arrested last year for protesting on a highway for teachers rights. Last I heard, she still has her teaching license and still teaches at the school.

*that she didn't think right to personal property was a real thing

It was more the 'nobody commits crimes because there's punishments for crimes'.

How moronically naive can they be?

True, and there was always a week of holocaust.
I had a great red pilled professor in community college. He was a missionary, also wrote the book and gave to to the class for free

Call ICE.
D R I V E T H E M O U T

We have both patriotic propaganda and neolib white shaming, its funny.

>columbus was basically hitler
>george washington was effectivally the second coming of christ
>entire semesters of white shaming
>no mentions of us warcrimes
>manifest destiny was based
>induans dindu nothin, we massacred them tho

What is the endgame of public education?

A brief recap of all that's covered in history classes in my country would be like
>universe and shit
>from early life forms until the evolution of man
>pre-history
>ancient civilizations (Mesopotamia, greeks, chinks, romans and many more)
>middle ages
>renaissance
>discover and colonization of the Americas
>independence wars of the Americas
>industrial revolution
>WWI & WWII
>cold war
>"modern era" (from 1991 and beyond)

It really depends where you study to what content you're gonna get.
When i was younger i went to public school one year and the history teacher pretty much blamed whitey for everything.
Then i changed to a private school and it was mostly okay, not really cucked

(((American))) history class
Colonization (whites stole native land goy.)
Independence war (don't you know goy, founding fathers owned slaves.)
Westward expansion (whites stole native land pt.2)
Civil war (the confederates were Nazis goy.)
Ww1 (Germans sank the lusitania for no reason goy.)
Depression (goy it was FDR's socialism that cured the great depression.)
Ww2 (REMEMBER THE 6 TRILLION GOIM... Soviet war crimes what's that?)
Red scare (silly Americans of course communists haven't infiltrated your highest levels of government and are influencing your culture.)
911(isreal is our greatest ally)

Revolutionary War
>THERE WERE BLACKS THAT FOUGHT TOO!!!
Civil War
>SLAVERY, CONFEDERATES WERE EVIL!
WWI
>BLACK SOLDIERS FOUGHT TOO!
WWII
>EVIL NAZIS!!!! AMERICA SINGLE HANDEDLY WON WITH OUR BLACK SOLDIERS
Vietnam
>DIRTY CONSERVATIVES SENT BLACKS TO FIGHT WHITE MAN'S WAR
Civil Rights Movement
>SO HORRIBLE! LOOK AT THESE BLACKS HAVING TO DRINK FROM SEPARATE WATER FOUNTAIN!!!
Women's "liberation"
>WOMEN VOTING TOTALLY DIDN'T FUCK UP OUR COUNTRIES

Sounds like Germany is the only country that teaches world war 1 correctly. Amazing.

I'm assuming you're American. You are 100% correct.

Yes, America.
I forgot to add the bonus round
>BLACK HISTORY MONTH

>WOOAWOOAWOOAWOO!!!!!

when it comes to our own history we are taught that we are the greatest group of people to ever be on the earth. or at least thats how my classes went, cant speak for others
>graduated in 2014