Gay marrige vote on news.com.au

Ausbros, you know what to do.

Other urls found in this thread:

news.com.au/national/politics/christian-lobby-threatens-to-campaign-against-the-government-over-samesex-marriage/news-story/17ed09797c0108a464ce9409cb49a4e5
theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/jul/21/most-christians-in-australia-support-marriage-equality-and-want-a-free-vote
theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/newspoll/newspoll-voters-demand-samesex-marriage-poll/news-story/394b2887fb55bbceedc06b1ba846e806?nk=027c9e616287386238be999da8961ab7-1502163626
theguardian
archive.is/gd5QB
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3790614/They-don-t-like-drugs-gay-marriage-HATE-tattoos-Generation-Z-conservative-WW2.html
techcrunch.com/2017/05/03/scientists-have-eliminated-hiv-in-mice-using-crispr/
archive.is/8yiqT
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

forgot link

news.com.au/national/politics/christian-lobby-threatens-to-campaign-against-the-government-over-samesex-marriage/news-story/17ed09797c0108a464ce9409cb49a4e5

>no
>100% of people agree with you

Liar.
>HAHAHA SO FUNNY AND NOT EASILY VERIFIED AT ALL HAHAHAHA STUPID CHEATING FAGS I MEAN OP'S A FAG I MEAN I'M A FAG I MEAN FUCK FAGGOTS AHAHA BEAVIS AND DICKHEAD AHAHAHA

hahahahahahaha

Bot. You couldve kept zooming in instead

The fags are rigging the vote for yes

>20K votes since you can only speak about it since OP posted in order to make sense
>20K rigged votes in 3 mins
Ok. There's your goal post I guess. For science and for authenticity. 33% and dropping...

Bumb, fuck those faggs

Fuck them good. Fag

Holy shit this guy is butthurt in multiple ways

500 million dollars on gay marriage. All to avoid having to vote on it for fear of losing his more conservative constituents.

I believe there are still at least 4 liberals willing to join labour on organizing a conscience vote though so I guess Turnbull is trying to pre-empt them by speeding up the process of a postal vote. Insane to pin 500 million dollars on a hope that a majority of voters will reject gay marriage so he won't lose his job.

The pic takes it up the ass, do you? #sexist #TOTALLYnotsarcastic

They cant rig the postal vote

This is your fucking fault faggot.

Don't listen to this fag.

His ID indicates its onlyJza, from the poo tang clam

go suck a cock it will calm you down. Molest a kid while youre at it

>pic related

He's fucked cos we're gonna vote in favour, I will, and despite the vocal minority present here, so will most of aus/pol/

No it is Turnbull's fault for refusing to allow a conscience vote. He is putting the rights of millions at risk all to avoid losing his job. He could easily do the right thing like Merkel and allow a vote. His opposition may not matter in the end if Liberals cross the floor to vote with Labor.

Gay marriage as an issue is not going to magically go away, even in a worse case scenario that a postal vote rejects it. It is mostly the elderly who oppose it and they won't be around for long.

Pfft. Why the fuck would australia vote yes? Half of tbe population already knows that civil unions exist. They'll just see it as pointless.

Thanks, user!

A majority support gay marriage in every poll. The only way a postal vote will come out no (didn't work in Ireland btw) is if only old people return the ballots.

Do you understand how rerarded you are being?t here would be no issue if your kind just stfu and stayed in your own community.
You are the culprits no one else but you. And trying to say its other peoples fault because they wont automatically give you your way is just immoral.

>A majority support gay marriage in every poll
Completely false retard liar.

bump

Says who? Some progressive magazine? Stop pulling bullshit out of your ass. At least leave your dildo inside. People like you set any attempt of gays being average people back a 100 years.

The fags are really misjudging this because of their delusion. I know of people who are very progay (leftie fuckwits) and even they are boiling with resentment over what the fags are doing.

he's fucked anyway because every conservative knows he's a barely-in-the-closet leftist

that said if the homo mob were so sure they'll get their civil unions renamed to marriage (because that's literally all they're getting out of it) why aren't they running a "fucking bring it" campaign instead of trying to have parliament force it down our throats?

Because accurate polling shows majority of people will say nah fuck off

>No only 33%
WTF guys, what are you doing?

Unrelated but I hope someone drops a dox on harold the historian.
But 1&2 are dead memes now... thanks T_d.

theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/jul/21/most-christians-in-australia-support-marriage-equality-and-want-a-free-vote

But the poll published in The Australian newspaper showed that only 39 percent of voters thought there should be such a plebiscite, while 48 percent said lawmakers should decide the issue without a national vote. Another 13 percent of respondents were undecided.

The poll also showed that 62 percent of respondents were in favor of marriage equality, 32 percent were opposed and 6 percent were uncommitted.

The poll was a national survey of 1,662 voters last weekend. It had a 2.4 percentage point margin of error.

theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/newspoll/newspoll-voters-demand-samesex-marriage-poll/news-story/394b2887fb55bbceedc06b1ba846e806?nk=027c9e616287386238be999da8961ab7-1502163626

Same-sex marriage is supported by 61 percent of Australians, a 2016 Gallup opinion poll showed, but the issue has fractured the government and damaged Turnbull's standing with voters.

Time for archive
>theguardian com/australia-news/2017/jul/21/most-christians-in-australia-support-marriage-equality-and-want-a-free-vote
archive.is/gd5QB

pretty sure the only cunt who cares in my suburb is our federal MP (and that might only be because she's ALP and has to stay on script lest they turn on her as leftists tend to do)

Where is the option to vote? Do I have to be in Australia to do so?

They apparently have not clarified how they will address out-of-country voters.

1,662 people sure represent the nation. You can talk about averages, but I can assure you, with the existence of civil unions, I highly doubt people will vote for same sex marriage, especially when it's just a talking point rather then actually enacting anything beneficial for australia. You underestimate how conservative australia is, it's not just our oldies.

"national" poll conducted in newtown no doubt

who gives a shit about polls

Ok so if they surveyed 10 thousand people you would be ok with the numbers? 1500 is still a pretty big sample with a total population of 15 million. Plenty of American surveys have smaller samples and we have 20 times the population.

Same sex marriage won't disappear as an issue even if a postal vote goes for no, it is an inevitability and most want it over with because it is consuming time and resources. Sup Forums is a minority opinion on this matter.

Shit pic i blew out last night. Centipedes means pedos

Well they did it in Ireland and now they have gay marriage and they are more religious than Australia.

Most of the opposition to gay marriage is the elderly so even if this somehow didn't work in 10 years when some of them are dead, support will be even greater. Germany allowing a conscience vote put a lot of pressure on Australia. Also, there is still a possibility of a private member's bill with support from Labor, Greens, and a few Liberals crossing the floor in support.

Theres always been civil unions. What the fags want is for the government to shit over secularism and dictate to the christians that marriage includes gays.

1,500 out of 15,000,000 is 1 10,000th of the population, or 0.0001% of the population, what a representation.

polls are all rigged for political interests
they cherrypick locations, omitt things or just make up the numbers
nobody actually randomly polls people

didnt you learn from brexit and trump?

I didn't addreas Sup Forums and I know plenty of leftists and centrists who think the gay vote is a waste of time and resources, and civil unions serve the same purpose. And no, I wouldn't really be convinced by hypotheticals.

Gay marriage laws would include religious
exemptions. A priest has NEVER been forced to marry a gay couple by ANY country.

It is still a large sample. Anyways, look at Ireland.

Ok so what about Ireland?

Why can't we just have a seperate vote on Election Day like US states do when voting?

I agree that a postal vote or plebiscite is a waste of time and so do many but that doesn't mean if offered that people would vote no out of spite.

There is still a chance for a crossing the floor private member's bill as well.

Ireland has it because they have a backlash over priest molestations done ironically by gays.
Then they have the leftwing dingbats in their government.
They can look forward to many more years of mass sex crimes now they have normalised faggotry.

>Same sex marriage won't disappear as an issue even if a postal vote goes for no
But it will disappear when the goatfuckers multiply enough to control the vote and we switch to tossing faggots from buildings instead of letting them prance near-naked through the streets of our cities

Well, it wouldn't be binding and there will be lawsuits no matter which way it goes until Parliament settles the matter. Turnbull is really just delaying here.

No they had it because support has been growing into a majority opinion over the last few decades.

Give me an actual source that there are any real negative consequences in any of the countries that have legalized gay marriage.

the elderly are reincarnating as gen z

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3790614/They-don-t-like-drugs-gay-marriage-HATE-tattoos-Generation-Z-conservative-WW2.html

and enough people are bored and annoyed by the whole lgbt fad

I think people would. I'm gay and I'm fucking sick of the nonsense and see no practical use in it. I will definitely vote no and I'm sure many people will as well. Ireland isn't australia.

That isn't likely to happen prior to old people dying off who are the vast majority of opposition to gay marriage.

>muh whataboutism

>do as we say or reeee reeee
And you faggot cunts have a nerve to say there is no agenda. Bunch of 1984 inspired freaks.

Except every survey has showed young adults support gay marriage the most.

And Christians don't have an agenda? Everyone acts out of self-interest. At least gays are not hiding behind a religion.

You guys hang on the day of the rope too.

since when do laws reflect the wills and wishes of the people rather than the mentally deficient clowns in charge?

you can always move to any of the pro lgbt countries instead of ruining this one

It's normalized already, that's why we gently asked you stop being "noisy" and you didn't listen, now a good Phd biologist lost his job for making sense.

Im not a christian you fucking cunt. Your christian hate is not an argument. But it is the motivation for everythng you do hate of normal peope and peaceful religious people that have left you alone in this country.

What a selfish bunch faggots are. That $500 million could have been used to cure AIDS so their civil unions would last longer.

Since in most countries if you look at the increase in gay marriage support over the years gay marriage often gets legalized right around the time that support for it hits 50% in polls.

It isn't about "normalization" it is about being able to enter a legal contract with the exact same rules as heterosexuals.

What does that biologist have to do with gay marriage in Australia?

And keeping you goys discussing non events instead of things like immigration or banking

Disturbingly fags would rather aids be normalised than cure it.

Being left handed isn't normal and they can marry.

Already working on it:

techcrunch.com/2017/05/03/scientists-have-eliminated-hiv-in-mice-using-crispr/

archive.is/8yiqT

I consider economic and social issues to be of equal importance. If Turnbull allowed a conscience vote of legislators already chosen by the people to represent their will, we could move on to immigration or banking matters.

>equating left handedness with assfucking homosexuality.
You're mentally ill.

again with the surveys and polls, they dont mean shit and most people will comply with PC shit when asked publicly unless they dgaf, young people have more to lose at their age by answering honestly

ask them on an user message board or let them vote and you'll find out what they think

To say that claiming a trait being present only in a minority makes it not "normal" is false. It is normal if it appears biologically in humans. Having long fingers is normal even if most don't have fingers longer than a certain dimension.

No you're an idiot you see you have the same rights as a left handed person. What you are asking for is more rights than a left handed person.

DONE

Ok, well also Ireland. You can't discredit all surveys entirely just because they don't agree with your hatred of homosexuals. Most of them, in multiple countries, show that hate of homosexuals is held most strongly by the elderly and very little by young people in first world countries. Once the elderly die off, there won't be much opposition left, apart from small pockets of evangelical Christians.

old people are the vast majority of opposition?

i suspect you'll get more of a fight from the non-white community who weren't raised with 24/7 poz being shoved down their throats

it's literally a handful of couples across the entire nation but media can't shut up about it

one wonders what we're being distracted from

"The traditional plebiscite would cost up to $170 million, Senator Cormann said today. That’s less than the $525 million consultants PwC estimated it would cost."

fucking....kill...them....

it gets legalised because the clowns think polls are conducted accurately

Being left handed isen't a genetic defect but a natural variation. You stupid fucking faggot.

No I am attracted to men so I want the right to marry them. I mean I have that here, but I want Australians to also have that right. The United States legalizing gay marriage, and New Zealand showed zero negative consequences from those actions and put a lot of pressure on Australia.

I would want to have equal legal rights with the ones I love, not a separate set of rules because I am attracted to the same, not the opposite sex. These arguments are very simple.

Can't support something that is anti social institution of marriage like gay rights but I would be all for it if they made it legal to add femboys into legal harems. Also traps aren't gay.

Animals eat each other guess cannabalism is normal.

>being able to enter a legal contract with the exact same rules as heterosexuals

civil unions already exist, if they're lacking in rights then im fine with bolstering union rights

but you cant have marriage, it would be like if i started calling my dog a cat

Genetical defects that do nothing to futher our species should be grateful they're tolerated at all.

Yes. Muslims in the U.S. and Black Christians support gays in majority numbers. Only evangelical Christians have significantly less than 50% support for gays. There aren't enough non-Whites who oppose gays to matter at this point in any first world country.

These issues affect thousands in Australia, if it were only a handful of couples this wouldn't be dominating your news stories 24/7.

Gays want equal contractual rights for partnership and child-rearing.

Neither are genetic defects.

>No I am attracted to men so I want the right to marry them.
You can already join a civil union. You are not allowed to marry. You are a poofter.

Fuck off with this "love" shit. It isn't about love, it's about you cunts tarnishing the sacrifice of Jesus.

We literally already have that you dumb faggot. It ain't called gay marriage. It's a civil union. Keep your ameritardness in the bin.

>and child-rearing.

Fuck you, shitdick. I hope you and your cum-guzzling boyfriend die of AIDs

Your attraction to men and marriage are two seperate issues mate.
If you are going to use the hysterical fag argument youmcan't love till you get a proper "marriage" you don't know what love is.
You are already catered for get a civil union and have a marriage its just a social construct.

I want to vote no. Where the fuck do I do this. I dont have normie tv.

Civil unions don't offer the exact same rules and eights as marriage or this wouldn't be an issue. Separate but equal hasn't been tried as a policy here for the better part of half a century so what makes you think it will last forever there?

Gays can adopt or hire surrogates. 20% of gay males reproduce anyways and lesbians have an easier go of having kids and often do.