CAN SOMEONE DO A TL.DR OF THE MEMO?

Other urls found in this thread:

assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3914586/Googles-Ideological-Echo-Chamber.pdf
archive.is/z6xxP
youtube.com/watch?v=qGaoXAwl9kw
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-08/google-fires-employee-behind-controversial-diversity-memo
diversitymemo.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jews did 9/11 gas the kikes race war now.

NJBN

if you cant be fucked to read it yourself, don't fucking talk about it. you're just as stupid as the dumbfuck libs making up shit that doesn't even exist in the memo because they heard it from someone else.

read it and don't be another ignorant fuck, you stupid, lazy bastard.

tl;dr: my feelings are more important than your capabilities.

TL:DR
>This company has become an echo chamber of far left ideologies, and we need to come to a middle ground if we are expected to survive and not go the way of Yahoo 10 years from now.

SJW's everywhere:
>REEEEEEEEEEEE

It's literally this

>I feel scared ill be fired if I point out the crazy sjw affirmative action at Google.
>women suck at programming because they are stupid cunts bitches who only gossip and shop.
>no sources

>gets fired

It was a pretty tame article saying he felt he couldn't reveal his power level or they'd go after him. He wasn't wrong.

Why do women ruin EVERYTHING

ayo I got you my senpai nig

>he didn't get the memo

where can you find the memo

>women suck at programming because they are stupid cunts bitches who only gossip and shop.
literally no where in there

That's basically what he was saying

Post the damn bullet points pricks.

>I'm genetically superior
>But I'm retarded enough to get fired

There were lots of sources.

Holy shit if he actually brings up Yahoo, that would have been such a demoralizing blow.

>Women
>Are
>Dumb
>Please
>Fire
>Me
>Google
>For
>Being
>A
>Retard

No it wasn't. You're only feeding the left by pushing this.

Incorrect

He questioned far-left thinking with centrist thinking.
So they called him a white supremacist Nazi.

That's an extremely inept and inaccurate attempt at summarization

Pretty much this. He made us with an actual argument against the wage gap myth and affirmative action look like a bunch of spastics with aspergers.

Dick.

He didn't say anything that could be reasonably interpreted as a claim of genetic superiority, or superiority of any kind.
He's not retarded, he's a PhD and was hired at Google - meaning, he's probably at the 99th percentile or higher in IQ.

It's like a page long? Google it then never post here again, you don't fit in you actual fucking moron.

Pretty obvious psyop from you know who in order to present non sjw opinions as backward and contemptible.

>get phd in systems biology at harvard
>easy admission because parents are noble scholars
>work at company recently sued for gender discrimination
>work in one of the most male dominated sectors

>work in a public facing google service with on-call rotations
>five guys, one girl on team
>girl constantly writing poor code
>send back code reviews with paragraphs of critique

>work on call one weekend
>be sleeping
>crucial service outage pings your pager at 2am sunday
>wake up to computer, log into google VPN
>wifi is slow because entire apartment complex are twitch and youtube streamers

>analyze point of failure
>4 minutes before manager automatically gets paged if not resolved
>find out a null pointer exception is being thrown when running girl's code
>open IDE to line number
>girl didn't use null checks on invocation method
>get mad and have to finish her sloppy code

--

>following monday
>girl on team is bragging about her weekend
>girl on team is going to mexico for 10 days
>can get vacation since girl

>publish an internal forum post about how company's approach to hiring quotas is all wrong
>offer a new perspective on hiring not solely women
>women are not biologically suited for high-stress environments

>getting anonymous responses from coworkers
>"wow this is great"
>"thanks for standing up to this"
>feels_good.jpg

>go home and play vidya
>7pm
>in middle of match, get phone call from mountain view
>lady on phone: "we investigated your online post and found you violated your company handbook. we will be terminating your contract as of today pending a full investigation."
>*hear laughing on background on phone*
>lady: "thanks"

There is a TLDR on it, stop being lazy

pretty nice LARP 4/10

>delete twitter
>delete linkedin
>getting emails from harvard edu account

>"you are a sexist pig"
>"thanks for making google look bad you idiot"
>"are you not getting paid enough? just shut the fuck up and stop whining you white male"

>getting unsolicited emails from shit tier tech recruiters
>blacklisted from every unicorn in the valley
>going to have to move back home
>can't afford rent

>recruiter on email offers me beer
>later cancels on me after finding out i was fired

>Differences in distributions of traits between men and women may in part explain why we don’t have 50% representation of women in tech and leadership.
Sounds like one gender is genetically more suited for this type of work.

Does anyone smell class action lawsuit?

>no sources
That's not true. He provided sources for everything. You must have read one of the tech news sites that were intentionally omitting parts of his post in order to make it look less credible.

Other scientists are already speaking up to defend the memo.
archive.is/z6xxP

>The essay is vastly more thoughtful, linked to the science, and well-reasoned than nearly all of the comments.

>In the case of personality traits, evidence that men and women may have different average levels of certain traits is rather strong.

>Among commentators who claim the memo’s empirical facts are wrong, I haven’t read a single one who understand sexual selection theory, animal behavior, and sex differences research
>When the memo went viral, thousands of journalists and bloggers transformed themselves overnight from not understanding evolutionary psychology at all to claiming enough expertise to criticize the whole scientific literature on biological sex differences.

>(Even Google’s new ‘VP of Diversity’, Danielle Brown, criticized the memo because it ‘advanced incorrect assumptions about gender’; I was impressed to see that her Michigan State B.A. in Business and her U. Michigan M.B.A. qualify her to judge the scientific research.)

>For what it’s worth, I think that almost all of the Google memo’s empirical claims are scientifically accurate.

No there wasn't.

The lack of sources was the main issue with it, but I assume it's because he wasn't trying to write a full academic article for public viewing, the author found no need to cite anything.

The most interesting part is how the author actually clearly values a lot of socially left concepts, such as:

>"The male gender role is currently inflexible
Feminism has made great progress in freeing women from the female gender role, but men are still very much tied to the male gender role. If we, as a society, allow men to be more “feminine,” then the gender gap will shrink, although probably because men will leave tech and leadership for traditionally feminine roles."

The overarching irony is, however, the fact he wrote up a small internal document essentially saying "Hey, lets try to not have an unproductive and silencing echo chamber", and then gets fired so Google can continue to implement the facade of being totally PC with their silencing echo chamber.

Link me one that has sources

Jesus Christ I'm sad now. This guys life is actually fucked up. How is he going to get hired now? Will he just do a lot of news interviews then work for some small company or for himself?

Going against turbolibs causes you to lose your job and cause a serious bump in your career

Wew lad

Welcome to the twilight zone

>Google cares too much about racial diversity and not about diversity of opinion.
>Hitler did nothing wrong.
>Race war soon.
Pretty much sums it up.

that was about the gist of it
thanks for taking the time to do a quick rundown

WOMEN ARE KILLING STEM AND TECH

GET WOMEN OUT OF STEM

Google is a leftist echo chamber and it puts "diversity" before technology and actual work.

That was literally it. Pure centrism. No 1488 gas the kikes or Trump shitposting whatsoever. And the leftist employees went full literally shaking mode like he'd just emailed them a word for word copy of Mein Kampf.

Christ on a cracker

Him: has a PhD from Harvard.

You: an actual fucking retard.

GO
BACK
TO
REDDIT
YOU
FAT
NIGGER
LOVING
CATLADY

>wifi is slow because entire apartment complex are twitch and youtube streamers

God no single statement has ever gotten my blood pressure up so high because its so true but why the fuck would you share a wifi with other faggots in an apartment complex? I'd do fucking anything to get my own.

Women are less productive. Spend more time socializing. Are weaker and generally less capable. Rarely look to better themselves. Not competitive, but uses deceit to get ahead. A lower tolerance for stress. This is all the fault of men and we need to hold up the line so they can succeed.

What even is a reading comprehension?

read it nagger. here's a link to it.

Just read it. Its well written and a good read.

>Diversity is good but you fuckers are doing it wrong and in a discriminatory way
>also we're going to far to the left when a healthy company needs a balance of both right and left politics
>Also here's a bunch of sources to prove that I'm not talking from my ass

>tl.dr

Roberto Aiello
Founder & CTO @ Veebeam
Advisor (since 2014)
Jose Antonio Redondo Martín
CEO @ CURSOFORUM
Partner (since 2015)
Sergey Brin
President @ Alphabet
Board of Directors (since 1998)
John Doerr
Managing Partner @ Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
Member of the Board of Directors (since 1999)

More Board Members and Advisors (ordered alphabetically)

Diane Greene
SVP of Google Cloud @ Google
Board of Directors (since 2012)
John Hennessy
President @ Stanford University
Lead Member of the Board of Directors (since 2007)
Shashi Kiran
CMO @ Quali
Mentor, Google Launchpad (since 2017)
Omid Kordestani
Member of the Board of Directors @ Spotify
Member of the Board of Advisor (since 2015)
Lu Li
Founder, CEO @ Blooming Founders
Mentor at Google Launchpad (since 2016)
Ann Mather
Member of the Board of Directors @ Netflix
Member of the Board of Directors (since 2005)
Alan Mulally
Member of the Board of Directors @ Google
Member of the Board of Directors (since 2014)
Paul Otellini
Member of the Board of Directors @ Google
Larry Page
CEO & Founder @ Alphabet
Board of Directors (since 1998)
Sundar Pichai
CEO @ Google
CEO (since 2015)
Eric Schmidt
Executive Chairman @ Google
Member of the Board of Directors (since 2001)
Eric Schmidt
Executive Chairman @ Google
Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors (since 2011)
Ram Shriram
Founder & Managing Partner @ Sherpalo Ventures
Member of the Board of Directors (since 1998)
Shirley Tilghman

let them know this will not be tolerated

TL DR that too my maN

>Still dumb enough to post a divisive memo on company forum
>thinks he is going to bring about a revolution all by himself

yeah, he is quite retarded for not able to grasp that his degrees mean shit when it comes to working with people

wtf I don't see how anyone could be upset with this

"Thinks he is going to bring about a revolution all by himself".

youtube.com/watch?v=qGaoXAwl9kw

That's why we're so mad all the time, Leaf. When Moderate ideas are unallowed, radical ones will proliferate instead.
Remember Jordan Peterson? Remember how his original message was, "Stop being so crazy, or right wing people will do something." Now look at him.

He literally went full 14/88.
Don't read the menu though; it might radicalize you.

install netcut on phone

> settings, use different mac adr
> kill all other network users.

good, if this keeps up google will die from diversity and reasonable alternatives will arise from it's corpse

real tl;dr = I want people to be hired for their merits, and not based on their race/gender/degeneracy and that there is no ideological diversity at google.

that's mostly what the memo was about

The guy got fired for "perpetrating genderroles"

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-08/google-fires-employee-behind-controversial-diversity-memo

Are women really less capable? My female coworker works much harder than me. I never see her shitposting on an image board or writing personal messages on facebook during work time. My boss often has to remind her that she should not work on the weekend as he found out that she is still contacting clients or writing other business letters on Saturday/Sunday.

I mean even at university the girls were the ones who worked the hardest and got the best grades.

Standard skeptic/the moderatest alt-lite MORE INDIVIDUALISM AND MERIT shit

diversitymemo.com/

there are some exceptions. (I've known hardoworking women, and plenty of lazy men)
such as you, a man, posting on a Chinese imageboard during work hours.
for shame.

orwellian future. this is what you wanted.

>he sues
>Google settles with 7 figures to avoid publicity
>4.PROFIT!

diversitymemo.com/

>The lack of sources was the main issue with
diversitymemo.com/
commie moron

Meat is back on the menu boys.

You're German. Use your autism and think about the issue logically.

Yes there was, the fake news remove the links to the sources.

Gizmodo:
> The text of the post is reproduced in full below, with some minor formatting modifications. Two charts and several hyperlinks are also omitted.

Here is the original with the links and charts still there: assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3914586/Googles-Ideological-Echo-Chamber.pdf

why don't you just read it, lazy faggot

came to post this

it's only a 10 page read

Please teach me your ways of logic and reason!

There are two bell curves overlapping. Not all women are less capable than men, but you'll find 1 in 100 high IQ women for a top programming job, and 5:100 high IQ men the same job.

Within a day, it has it's own URL. This is important, as was J.Peterson (I think the googler was inspired by him)

>archive.is/z6xxP
made me kek

Is this what happened or is it just your personal larp?

I had actually forgotten about Yahoo already and was worried that Google might simply be too big to fail and take their jobs hostage to force the government to draft some laws in their favor.
The reminder that even huge companies can go tits up was nice.

>The lack of sources
It's quite painful how many people obviously only read the version specifically edited to take away his credibility rather than just looking up the original source.

Here's a hint, the media fucking lies all the time by omission. They fucking always cite out of context or cut out relevant details. Look up the full statements instead of trusting them.

Fucken rekt

>durrr i hraf reeding problim, plas halp

>centrist guy wrote memo:
>real diversity celebrates different views
>people are different
>google response:
>racist sexist shitlord! you're fired!

tl;dr
google is evil and needs to be shattered into a thousand pieces and scattered to the winds

Antifa pls go

The fucking memo was redacted by these fucking cuck tech news sites relaying it. There wasn't any link to sources and this picture in them.

Fucking leftist agenda everywhere. That and all the cunts who only tweet about it after just reading the headlines.

>Explains that diversity for diversitys sake creates shit teams and people are best to work with people who they work well with not people who managment force them to work with.

>explains how basing a company mantra on an complex polical stance( that most sjws can barly keep up with let alone engineers who have to work not just read tumbler) . rather than the core values of the business that everyone can agree with is a good way to ruin the company and make everyone unhappy.

Basically he believes they have gone from excited people working together to make exciting products in a open creative environment.

Into people working on projects they don't want to work on with people they don't get along with in a work environment where you get a telling off if you clap rather than using jazz hands because the traswoman who keeps cunting up your code says she has ptsd.

He warns if they carry on Google will become increasingly stale in what it provides and it will stop attracting talented that it used to do by making it a great environment to work in.

it's nothing. Some nu-male faggot talking, that we all are (a little bit) different and we should change everything to make it easier for woman and we should talk and think more about diversity. His assumptions aren't that bad but conclusions are retarded. It's hard to belive that idiot has phd. This "manifesto" is high school tier drama, garbage.

It's ''high-school''-tier because that's how you need to talk to people these days. Stating the obvious has become something that's, well, not the obvious anymore. Even if you back it up with facts, stats and science, you will be ostracized and or lose your Job by, again, stating the obvious.
That's why it's written so simple (and clean).

Where exactly do you disagree with him? Which part?

>too big to fail
google is fucked. they have had 0 innovation for a decade. their product has gone to shit. full of ads. just links to wikipedia and left propaganda now. they own android but all the hardware people hate them. they are propped up by ads, which is all stock market/vc bubble money, but when it pops their revenue will dive badly. they are also facing massive billion dollar fines in EU or monopolistic practices and they have turned a blind eye to click fraud for their entire existence which will eventually turn into mega billions class action lawsuits.

we shouldn't change technology to make women feel better. Technology should be as efficient and optimized as possible. He didn't realized that doing anything about differences is the problem. This bullshit wont fix anything, it'll just change the methods.

>It's ''high-school''-tier because that's how you need to talk to people these days.
Flagging that this thread begins with OP stating TL:dr....
>starts thread
>too lazy to know what he's posting about
"High school level" doc is more than above the intellect level of this #OP

>we shouldn't change technology to make women feel better
Obviously he couldn't word it the way he wanted to. If he knew he was going to get fired anyway, he would've written what he actually had in mind.
>Technology should be as efficient and optimized as possible.
Meaning that no women should be involved with it, at all. But it's just not possible to say that these days. He tried to make a start though by placing women somewhere that they belong and ''Feel'' right. And let them there, and MAYBE they will shut the fuck up and leave us alone.

Damn. This hits too close to home.

Does she work at google too?

> How is he going to get hired now?

By taking a pay cut and not being a faggot.

I think at this point it's pretty obvious that adding women to any naturally male-dominated environment is a recipe for a disaster. These places are usually high stress(physicall and mental), high competition, requiring long hours and dedication. Some of them also change rapidly, so you have to constantly learn.

Forcing MUH DIVESITI on such environments only generates:

* Drop in quality of work
* Tenssion in teams which have to clean up the mess
* Drop in productivity
* HR at odds with workforce

Every fucking time. And we still keep trying to push women where they don't belong. If they get there by their own merit, fucking amazing, welcome aboard, but if it's an affirmative action hire, than only bullshit can come out of it.