Australian same sex marriage postal vote at a cost of 122 million

They'll arrive in your mail soon aus/pol/s. Cost of the "non-binding" postal vote is 122 million dollars.

How do you plan to vote aus/pol/?
Since it's a "non-binding" poll, what will you do if it's a 70% NO but they still pass it?
If it's "non-binding" why spend fucking 122 million on it?

archive.fo/Qt6Am

Other urls found in this thread:

s
archive.is/nwMo6
archive.is/ZEIUZ
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3213735/The-Sistergirls-Tiwi-Islands-remote-community-northern-Australia-highest-population-transgender-people-country-including-children-young-six.html
aec.gov.au/Elections/Australian_Electoral_History/Cost_of_Election_1901_Present.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>How do you plan to vote aus/pol/?

No

I am voting NO to fag marriage. I would have voted no for female suffrage too.

It's not going to happen. The High Court will block it for being unconstitutional.

>The High Court will block it for being unconstitutional.
Source?

Seems cheap next to 50b worth in outdated submarines

s m h.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/postal-plebiscite-a-stretch-and-will-face-high-court-challenge-warn-experts-20170808-gxs029.html

jesus christ they're ugly.

>s m h.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/postal-plebiscite-a-stretch-and-will-face-high-court-challenge-warn-experts-20170808-gxs029.html

archive.is/nwMo6

If it was going to be rejected, why did they propose it? They must've known it would be rejected by the high court.

Put the 122m for new roads or something

Does anyone actually know how this postal plebiscite would work?
Surely it can't be anonymous otherwise you could just photocopy the ballot paper and send in thousands of them.

democracy was a fucking mistake

Each one probably has a unique code if you don't need to put a name down.

Because they're trying everything they can to stop a parliamentary vote, so it's worth a shot.

A few years ago the ACT legalised gay marriage even though it was obvious it would be struck down by the High Court.

Also, what's stopping someone from voting on behalf of multiple people in their household?

they linked to the census, even if its "anonymouse" its not anonemus

Is that transgender abbo?

Voting NO. Also the money is coming from cash on hand at the ABS. My question is why does a government agency have so much cash on hand

There's literally nothing wrong with being gay

No vote here.

>Is that transgender abbo?
Yes.
archive.is/ZEIUZ
The Sistergirls of Tiwi Islands: How a remote community in northern Australia has the highest population of transgender people in the country - including children as young as six

Read more: dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3213735/The-Sistergirls-Tiwi-Islands-remote-community-northern-Australia-highest-population-transgender-people-country-including-children-young-six.html

Strewth!! That Abbo is looking fine!

This shouldn't even be a conversation, frankly. We have people in poverty and all everyone cares about is this? Freedom was a mistake.

vote no

I've got gay cancer. I'm going to die, and so are you.

this

That's not really the issue here, though. The issue is gay marriage, not whether it's okay to be gay or not.

Fuck I hate they change the copy text to include their own link, I just copy/pasted the title, it added the link itself.

If that is the way they do it I think I might have to vote no on my proper form, but then photoshop one up with a different code and send in a few hundred yes votes with the exact same number. Then I can leak to the media that during counting it was found that there was major fraud taking place by the yes campaign, and if the investigate it they will find that it is true...... pity it would never make the news though since our media is cucked as fuck.

Happening. China and India are about to fight!

Fuck off subhuman.

Yes

>122 million
That's like 10 bucks per voter, who's lining their pockets here?

I agree as long as it doesn't harm anyone but I'd vote a yes a few years ago, now a definite no, I'm sick of the left pushing this down our throats that we have to agree to it.

>Yes
Why?

You're not normal and you never will be. Keep that disgusting shit in the privacy of your own damn home and stop parading it around in public like it's normal because it's not.

The damage has been done already. I put on play school for my kid, and they're reading this book...and in this book there's a line where they say "some kids have two mums and some have two dads". I'm going to have enough trouble attempting to explain the birds and bees to my kid let alone all that. Can't they just leave well enough alone? I'm weary of this.

Just let the gays get married, who gives a fuck. We shouldn't even have to vote on it, they should have just saved the money and made it legal.
It's going to happen eventually.

where do normies get all this fucking weed from? do they just need friends to get it? I don't have any friends

122 million Ozzie buckaroos = 20 bucks = 0.2 euro cents

>being a defeatist
What do you stand for, if you stand for nothing?

that's not how this works europoor

What will they want legalised after gay marriage Sup Forums?

"polyamory"

Recognising abos as human.

Probably vaping
Weed
Opinions

I'm voting 'NO' just like on that lowd. com .au poll thing last night

I guarantee within a decade they will be campaigning to fuck your pets and children.

Quick rundown on the results from last night? Did it get shut down?

I'll write your eulogy if you write ours Australia.

After trans bullshit? Polyamory, lowered age of consent and incest.

aec.gov.au/Elections/Australian_Electoral_History/Cost_of_Election_1901_Present.htm

>A fucking postal vote will cost nearly as much as an average federal election

And yet, the same conservatard morons who support this plebiscite are the first to jump up and down about how this country is in a "budget emergency".

I heard on the news this morning that 'they were forced to pull the poll due to fierce comments'

Because the freedom to marry should be granted to same-sex couples. Their marriage doesn't harm me

I don't object to gay marriage any more than I object to hetero marriage

Vote 'no', lads.

False. This changes everything as it lumps fags in with normal marriage. Everyone who is married and will be married will be associated with them which is just plain unfair.

Or they could just forget about equal rights for something that does not exist in the first place. Forget about it altogether....just a thought.

The polls are a False Consensus building exercise because they know majority of Aussies don't want fag marriage.

I don't know if you were here for the earlier thread, but a poll was on news.com.au, and it was so shamelessly rigged it was quite pathetic.

>non binding non compulsory vote
Really aggravates my agate.

>news.com.au
Literally goodgoyim.com.au

public school?
>I put on play school for my kid, and they're reading this book
govnmt approved or school aprooved?

Yeah br0, only function in reaction it's definitely not a permanent perpetuated evil at all!
Fucking leddit babby.

Agreed, I only went there to vote on the poll

Looks like im voting no

Pointless vote this but still voting no.

Poofters and other mentally ill cunts cannot be given any breathing space if we are to remain a functional, orderly society

These degenerates will take a mile if given an inch.

Why the fuck are u wasting so much money on a non-binding vote u fucking spineless twerp piece of shit.

Exactly. Even if you don't care/are apathetic to the issue this is simply a case of give an inch, take a mile. Once they get their way this time there will be no limits to what they won't push because "the precedent has been set". Everything that desegregates a society is what they'll push for next.

is this the official aus/pol/ for tonight?

anyway, i couldnt care less what gays and lesbians do, and as the bill states, celebrants and business people still keep their religious liberties, allowing for them to refuse service to these individuals

i havent read the article, is it compulsory? im tempted to vote it down if it means i get to see the upstanding citizens of melbourne cry on national tv for a day and possibly for the rest of the year

>spend 170 million on a plebiscite and settle the matter
or
>spend 122 million on a postal vote that will 100% be thrown out
I really fucking hate my government because I know that the postal vote is going to happen.

>tfw my gf wants to vote 'yes' because it's "the nice thing to do"
wat do lads

dump her

No, the ABC kids TV show Playschool that has been around 4ever. Really brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "there's a bear in there".

be a man and vote for her.

soften the blow by buying her flowers and opening doors etc.

>Perpetuating mental illness, paedophilia, the generation and spreading of viruses, broken relationships, corrupting the natural order, promoting propaganda, promoting promiscuity, promoting miscegenation.
Maybe you should tell her to kill herself?

I'm voting no. Homos are degenerate and are contributing to the downfall of civilisation.

Would vote yes to roping them all.

It looks like we are going to throw a bunch of money at bullshit. Fuck it, gays end up being able to marry, 8 gays get married, now what?

Yeah but thats the whole point of this is to abolish any form of Christianity ...this means within months gay activists will head to the nearest church and demand to be married when the church exercise their christian beliefs they will be sued.

The only gays that will get married will end up being lesbians.

Teach her the error of her ways.

also, does anyone here work FIFO in the resources sector? like in a remote town somewhere in WA / QLD?

A bit extreme there m8

Dunno if that's possible

Women don't respond to rational arguments, and she won't appreciate me telling her that, especially since she has western-white-girl """""anxiety"""""

See above

Don't abbo's have a history of that kind of shit though?

Then just tell her you don't support it.
If she keeps asking why then either be frank or don't tell her.
No point lying over a foundational value about the purpose and existence of humans.

My grandma is a lesbian in Tasmania and complained about having to even declare her relationship to centrelink

Let them get married, then family courts, lawyers can make millions of dollars with divorces.

I'm sorry lads, my local news sold out

Seems all I can do, ta m8

>people voting no to get congratulatory circlejerks from Sup Forums closeted fags
Wew no irony here boys

I sure like unbiased objective journalism

>compulsory vote plebiscite happens
>probably would pass as the apathetic sector of soceiety (the ones that dont care, a big chunk of society) vote for it.

>non-compulsory postal vote happens
>probably will fail as apathetic voters wouldn't be bothered taking part.

This shields us from the cucking lads, i reckon

Women like strong men. If you stand up and explain your thought process she'll respect you for it.

I thought Darwin had been nuked(WW2 style) and that's why I hadn't seen NT headlines

>even based nt news has been ((()))
dammit

>t. Shlomo Goldbergstein

voting yes to gay marriage would be one step towards a more progressive society. A more progressive society by extension would benefit non-anglos like myself.

Therefore it is only logical for me to vote yes

>non-anglos like myself.
poo?

They're owned by Murdoch, of course they've been ((()))

DO NOT TAKE THE BAIT

>If this state becomes more like my thirdworld shithole then I can reap all the benefits of my thirdworld shithole.