Gen-Xer Here. I Miss 1980s/1990s

I grew up in the 1980s and 1990s. Yeah, I'm an "Oldfag" or whatever. I look at the world today and I don't even recognize it compared to what it was. I think about some of the younger guys here on Sup Forums...and seeing what you have to deal with, what this world offers you, and I truly feel bad that you never experienced life as it was, back then.

And now I have to witness this shit paradigm with you and watch a world that was turn into a circus, as YOU guys try to make sense of this circus.

Transgenderism, PC Culture on campus, growing up in a country that is on the verge of becoming Non White/European, shit Popular music, shit culture, identity politics. Everything is distant, tech, cold, stay in your bubble, don't get laid, don't say this or that. Wrong this is punished. Ideas are flat out banned or censored. Men are encouraged to act like women, and vice versa.

Europe is falling more and more to Islam. I see videos of various European places and I don't recognize them, especially the UK. White people are being systematically killed off, and it's acceptable, which is an enigma in itself which is horrifying.

If you young Sup Forums users only KNEW just how different things used to be, you would see this world the same way I do now. You would feel how it all slipped away. I'm glad I got the chance to experience it, but to witness what this world has become, makes me sad for myself, but even more sad for your Generations (Younger than Gen X).

You won't understand from watching clips on YouTube, there are so many detailed differences I could go on for hours. I feel like Baby Boomers fucked it all up for us, and we failed. The only consolation is that Trump is President and younger guys are starting to be "Red Pilled" more than we were.

I hope it's not too late for you, to turn it around.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qHE_XGtUNx4
youtube.com/watch?v=aia3b1AFcTU
youtu.be/2yI5DfFM3Tw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

XDD your like 40

Early millennial who grew up on xer media here. Best days of my life were watching Baywatch after school.

41...like I said. Oldfuck.

Thats barely gen-x.
ur almost a milennial

43 here, I agree OP, something changed bad and it wasn't anything we were given a choice about either.

1961 -1981 = GEN X

>41
Holy shit. If I still here after 30, I'll kill myself. We should put a maximum age cap. Older people are supposed to have a life, a job and a family, not be shitposting with far younger random people on some weirdo chinese cartoon imageboard.

Boomers fucked it all up.

>38
Yep. I was telling a story about getting into fights at school in my shitty neighborhood a while back. My sons had no fucking clue you could get into a fight and not get into "serious" trouble.

No tolerance has ruined toughness for youngsters.

Exactly, almost, millennial.
They're like 40 in a year or 2.
If you were in your 20s or mid teens in the 2000s, 15 to like even 29, during the period 2000 to 2010, you are a millennial.
I'd say you're a millennial even if you were 30 at the turn of the millennium. Now when people are children into their 30s.

kind of depends on your family.

I am 1982 but i am the youngest cousin. turned 18 in 2000 but am far from millennial.

born in 1987. best thing about the 80s was the music which i still listen to. 90s were superioir in comparison growing up as technology and entertainment will never be as good. after then, life has just been grey and unmemorable, looking forward to some great times ahead, althou they will be few and far in between and i really have no motivation anymore but to maintain my health and do the things ive enjoyed since i was a kid

Same op. I'd go back in a second.

You will still be here.

A lot of Gen Xers come here to Sup Forums. I'm not sure about all the cartoon stuff. Maybe that's some other board. I just browse Sup Forums once in a while when I'm in a political mood.

This is current year. Nobody has a life. You won't either by the time you're 40.

Same.

I don't. I'm an Xer too. (early 70's child) and I don't miss those years at all. I see beautiful windmills in the horizon and am exited for the future. You should be grateful for the times you live in, not least because you cannot bring back the past.

I truly wish that Gen-X would stand up to/rebel against the Boomers. Your generation has been so... obedient. Complaint, Non-disruptive. Boomers are still in charge in the economy and society, even though the oldest X'ers (if we use the 1965 cutoff date) are already 52.

By the time the Boomers were 52 in 1997, they controlled everything. They simply shoved the older generations out of their way and stomped on them if they complained. I wish you guys had the same killer spirit. Instead, your most prominent members seem to be guys like Paul Ryan, who meekly mutter "Yes sir; yes sir" before carrying out Baby Boomer orders.

Dude, admit it, the world has become fucking crazy. ISIS, Jihad, Antifa types, hysterical insane Liberalism, PC Culture.

If you lived through the 1980s how can you honestly say that you don't miss it??

>Your generation has been so... obedient. Complaint, Non-disruptive.
Most perhaps. I'm not one of them... I'm a hell-raiser.

>make a thread about boomers fucking up everything, zero replies
>LOOK AT ME THE SAME THING, 70 replies

I think the "Red Pilling" started with the Gen Xers. So I disagree. I don't think "Paul Ryan" is a good example.

It has. And I love it like that. Because there's structure in this madness and I control it.

I'm 34 and the 90s sucked too

We all do.

>kind of depends on your family.
This. And also the place where you grew up. I was born in 82 in remote rural France and life was just like it was in the early 70's... Everything (((changed))) mid 90's. And "Bam!", just like that, Churches went empty on sundays, everybody started to listen to nig music and indebted themselves to buy shitty things and inflate the housing bubble.

It took less than two or three years...

I miss the early 1990s. Not the latter. Things went downhill in the late 1990s. Then 9/11 came, and after that things have gone to SHIT. Entirely different world.

I could not agree more.

genX here 49.

music today sounds little different to how it sounded 20 years ago.
Why it has got stuck in the mid 90's I don't know?

Someone says "This is grime music" Oh right, it just sounds like nigger rap like all the drum and bass stuff from 20+years ago..

>41
>unironically supports trump
>actual racist white man
Pls post a picture of yourself so we can... Admire you... sir...

how do you rebel against "rebels"?
how do you corrupt the virtue of the degeneracy-signaling?
68 made rebelling against your parents impossible except by ruining your own life as a child

Bands out today could literally copy Grunge bands from the early 1990s, word for word, note for note, and still sound like SHIT.

Because there's no soul to it anymore

>nobody has a life
It will be hard to save the West with this attitude, if it can be saved at all

>ISIS, Jihad
These were born in the 1980s, instigated by the US to fight communism

>hysterical insane Liberalism, PC Culture.
Born on the 1990s, at Clinton's administration

The 80's were pretty crazy too. The USSR and 'mutually assured destruction', the Mujahedeen, the PLO, civil wars all through Latin America, Cosby sweaters, Wham, Reagan telling us if we just gave all the money to rich people it would all trickle down on us later....

was pretty nuts then too.

>you kids don't know about the jazz music

The first few years of the Clinton Admin was actually cool. Not many will admit that.

ISIS/Jihadis were UNHEARD of in the 1980s. Every once in a while you had plane hijackings and that was it.

TO imagine some group that rapes women, has sex slaves and cuts people's fucking heads off?? Nobody in the 1980s imagined that.

I'll be 49 this year. It's a blessing and a curse to find that time does accelerate the older that you are, and you really do feel like the same baseline person that you've always been... just with more gray hair and experiences to look back on.
The place went to shit after 9/11, and the decay has just worsened since 2007-2008. At this point I'm hoping to make it in time to watch the world burn.

We could even play kickball as kids. Trophies went to the winners not everyone. The world wasn't staring at their phones 24/7. Good ole fashioned collect calls.Could go out and play without Mommy and Daddy knowing where we were every second and just came home when told. Movies didn't suck. Reagan. Fuck I miss my youth.

I remember monthly "Nuke" drills at my school growing up. Hiding under our desks because the "Commies" might bomb us.

But still nothing compared to the Islamic hordes, North Koreans now, etc.

All of this ^^^^^

Last night I was listening to Trane.

Gen X'er here.

It is nice, reminiscing about the comfy days...but in reality, it is up to us "to turn it around."

Our golden years look bleek if our government is not reigned in, and future generations will be the equivalent of slaves.

Get organized, start networking in your local grassroots movements, and be a force in the ousting of all incumbent elected officials.

Xer here. By the time we had access to the job market and finance the stock markets were crashing. The whole "go in with a firm handshake and pull yourself up by your bootstraps" was always boomer-bullshit.

I got through university without debt but there was fuck all work. Now late 40s in this climate I can't get hired "by the wimmin in HR" because I'm not a "woman of HR" or a diversity hire or whatever. Fuck it why bother trying? Is all bullshit anyway.

Don't miss the IRA bombing shit. They were real terrorists, not these fucking imported sandpeople.

>britfag.jpg

>standing among fields of gold
>this guy walks up and slaps your gf's bass
wat do?

Show him a real root-five

>Older people are supposed to have a life, a job and a family, not be shitposting with far younger random people on some weirdo chinese cartoon imageboard.

Older people have been there, done that. My kids are in college, I don't work at my business 24/7, sure I have more real world friends than you probably do and hang with them often. But it's time to slow down. We're ready to relax and shitpost a bit. Stop being a little bitch, you're gonna get old too, kid, and believe me, it pretty much sucks. You may as well have fun on the web 'cause your knees don't feel like playing football anymore.

Plus, I was online from the beginning. I figured I'd be back. That whole "you're here forever" thing doesn't just apply to Sup Forums.

Let him.

It's weird how younger Dudes tell us we're supposed to be out and about and not online.

I'm thinking, "No you little shitbag...YOURE the one that's supposed to be out". Way more than I am at least.

Mace his face.

Eternal September dude, eternal september.

yes they should be out having fun, being young.
not sitting in front of a pc and getting covered in layers of dust from not moving.

Where the fuck did the white music go? In 90s we had actually good hardcore POPULAR bands. Now its all weird underground shit and pussy electronic shit. Meanwhile everyone listens to nigger music. Fuck post 90s kids.

what is this, bassfag talk?

this, he's an alien

Quadrophenia is non-canon

>If you lived through the 1980s how can you honestly say that you don't miss it??
Appart from the american tv sitcoms and music videos, the 80's were rather grim (in France at least), the factories closed one after another, unemployment was gettig higher and higher, the news reports were always filled with images of rotting corpses from central america, afghanistan or ethiopia, and then Tchernobyl and shit... To the kid that I was, the world seemed like a terrifying place, and all the signal I recieved were those of a dying civilization...

The 80s & 90s were amazing, good thing i can dl all the 80s & 90s movies and tv shows for free and can live in a bubble in my paid-off house.

Back to watching 1080p rips of The X-Files season 4.

Fuck you all.

born in 1980, here
you're full of shit
both the 80's and 90's were pretty gay, and not so much less worthy of hatred and scorn as now is

But our culture was far more intact. We weren't being destroyed from within yet. That's the difference. The subversion finally began to work, because it wasn't just external anymore. The boomers are a generation of traitors. Their parents were a generation of patriots. When their power began to wane with Reagan as he grew older and left office, that's when the boomers fully stepped into power. From then on, the swift decline began, because they promptly began selling this country out and destroying it in every way they possibly could.

im right there with you

the 80's rocked
and so did the 90's.

none of this bullshit you see happening today. would EVER fly in the 80's

Im transgender. "oh really, well, let me and my friends kick the shit out of you, you confused fag".

Im with BLM. "oh really, well unless you disperse me and my friends are gonna kick the fuck out of you".

we are gay pride "not even going to warn you about the ass kicking your gonna get" proceeds to have a glorious ass kicking party.

you either were normal, or you were edgy (ya edgy meant a haircut like billy idol).

that was it.

None of the fucking bullshit that went on now.

Video games rocked, cause you didnt' play them for the graphics. You played them cause they were fun.

Arcades rocked

being a kid rocked. No snow flake material made in those days "mom im going out for halloween." okay son, just be back before 10.
No fear mongering about pedo's.

before 85. The music wasn't all degenerate like it is now.

PC what's that even mean, fag?

i love the 80's!!!

FEYD confirmed.

I'm 33, I think after 1997 things really went to shit here. Labour fucked up the UK. Culturally and demographically

>what is this, bassfag talk?

yes.

>Gen X'er here.
>It is nice, reminiscing about the comfy days...but in reality, it is up to us "to turn it around."
>Our golden years look bleek if our government is not reigned in, and future generations will be the equivalent of slaves.
>Get organized, start networking in your local grassroots movements, and be a force in the ousting of all incumbent elected officials.
This, this is what we and the millennials MUST begin doing now, if we haven't already. Education and politics, get in, get involved, now. I want to see some hard right Sup Forums-tier GenXers oust neocon cuckpublicans in 2018

>Because there's structure in this madness and I control it.
Certified obese neckbeard located

Lel don't trust ne1 over 30 XDDDD

gotta love him

okay kiddo, come back when you learn a respectable instrument. Pic related, its the same drumset my wife Ritsu plays

>Everything sucks because I don't get to do what I want to do
>35 years later
> *Coughs* I miss the good old days
> Please let me be 6 years old again
>Everything sucks wahhh

Welcome to reality

I'm glad you said it for me user

dude, im 47. you fucking spring chicken

My drummer would love that, but he uses two kickdrums.

get a load of this guy meme

47 here, fag socks.

and the reason this board is the fucking bee's knees is because anyone and everyone can assimilate.

So much this.

youtu.be/qHE_XGtUNx4

That was just for the early 20s young fucks that thinks we're Senior Citizens.

Side Note. Notice how all us Gen Xers say "Dude" a lot.

This guy gets it. Ollie North, terrorism was ramping up (lockerbie bombing, tons of hi-jackings) Philly MOVE bomb, AIDS, Van Halen losing DLR, Ethiopian famine. Shit was just as fucked up then.

This, jesus. Get out and live, millennials!

I do get out plenty, have to or I'll get fat sitting online. I want to travel more than I ever have, contemplating one last trip to Europe before it gets too bad, then we'll start going just wherever. Maybe Peru, I want to see the Nazca lines and all that crazy "In Search Of" shit down there. Parts of South America seem like they might be good places to seek refuge too, if the shit really hits the fan up here.

I Flfucking MISS my pog collection man. The world's fucked and we're along for the ride.

two kickdrums is the superior option because the rebound of both beaters is eliminated, but there is always the slave pedal option

God dammit!

Amen, dude.

THIS. FUCKING THIS. THANK GOD SOMEONE ELSE SAW IT.

>pic unrelated
>80s called they want their gender-bender back.
>being gay
>being effeminate
>not non-binary
Shit fucking youth. Stop making up shit terms and get a fucking clue. IT'S BEEN DONE.

>Missing this.

This around the time 'globalism' began to show it's ugly face. I remember around '98 my parents were complaining about jobs going to China and while the price of consumer products stayed stagnant or went down, they were concerned. Had friends and family losing jobs to a "new work environment", then Clinton deregulated the banks and suddenly the false narrative of wealth for the baby boomers allowed them to buy homes in the early '00s that were completely outside of their budget. Next thing you know, the economy collapses and we get Obama who only wants to burden the debt even more with unaffordable health care labeled as "affordable". It's only affordable for baby boomers who will be dead in the next 20 years and can "afford" to put the debt on someone like myself.

I hate my parents.

funny how he got really good after miles fired him and he got his shit together

fucking hated that. REALLY FUCKING HATED IT.

youtube.com/watch?v=aia3b1AFcTU

better

Just numbers

There are fuckloads of boomers and they vote. So they became over represented in politics at the expense of gen x and the generation before the boomers.

The biggest challenge facing the west is the fact the children of the boomers (ie gen y/millennials) will be the ones to take their parents voting power.

There was a mini baby boom in the 80s and 90s.

>46
This is now an oldfag thread.
Growing up in the 80s master race

get off heroin and life is better.
this goes for a lot of people.

85'er here, I'm thinking about this myself alot. I don't really know when shit started to turn this way, but to me it seems it has accelerated drastically since ~2010. Just take a movie like Bruno for example, imagine the backlash if that movie was released today? It's getting worse by the fucking day, and I feel like part of this happened on my watch. I should've rebelled against this in my youth, but no I bought in to the pop culture leftist propaganda shite, I fucking hate myself for it. I'm kinda proud to see so many based gen z'ers these days tho, fucken aye

Gen-Xer here. Nah, the 80s were the most grotesque full on assault on aesthetics. I lived through every second of it. This decade is over and that's a good thing.
The coke tho, the coke was good!

Oldfag here, 1976, we're the ones who are going to have to step up and lead this as we have the life experience to organise and some of us are in positions of authority to actively resist these efforts to normalise degeneracy and faggotry. It really feels like things are reaching a tipping point at the moment, the cultural marxists have doubled down on their absurdist policies and have made a pact with the deep state to silence anyone opposed to their cultural marxist and globalist agenda.

Gen X guys.
How many of your genX peers are dead?
I know of about 15 who are gone from drugs and etc.

who was everybody's 90's-fu?
I vote these retarded whores

I'm sorry for your loss.

youtu.be/2yI5DfFM3Tw

hmmm never noticed that. Guess im going to have to pay attention to that

but it's probably because most of the movies from the 80's and 90' s said dude.

jeez, jerking off to women in magazines and lingerie catalogues, fark me, seems so antiquated now, lol.

actually, too many. X'ers and Millenials will not leave old bones

>Just take a movie like Bruno for example

Imagine if a movie like 'Team America World Police' or 'Blazing Saddles' was released today.

It's rather disgusting that they've neutered comedy so much. Amy Schumer can joke about her Sarlac Pit of a vagina but an old white woman going up to the new black sheriff and going "up yours nigger" is somehow unacceptable.