Why did hitler invade Western Europe?

Why did hitler invade Western Europe?

Because they declared war on him

Because fuck France and hello Germanic peoples of Lower Countries.

France and England declared war on Germany.

Why not turtle on the west and attack the east? Makes him look like the aggressor desu. I don't think Britain and France had the balls to attack hitler

Why give them the chance to attack if you can steamroll France? I don't Hitler would be concerned with the optics of his actions when he thought he could win. Not to mention that the French were old enemies. I'm sure German lads hated the frogs just as much as the rest of Europe hated Germans.

Because he wanted to humiliate them similar to how they humiliated Germany after WWI.

we did not start the war.
polish people attack our radio.
+ the french faggots had to pay for their faggotry

Not much of Europe hated Germans back then. In the Netherlands Germans weren't hated before 1940 and aren't now. We just like to make bicycle jokes about them. We wanted to stay neutral during WWII, but the Germans were afraid for an English invasion in the Netherlands against Germany, so they decided to invade us too.

I was under the impression that alot of European nations were anti German. Maybe just the lugenpresse.

We stood with Germany desu

I agree it's good strategy on his part but he rose to power to protect Germany from communism. I'm aware of the Nazi-soviet pact but This seems to be attacking in the wrong direction based off of his whole ideology. It makes it hard to defend the argument that hitler wanted to conquer the world

Everything I've read about that makes it seem like the Germans did it as a false flag. I want to believe

Gj m8
His ideology hardly endorsed jew infested democracys with large communist demographics. Giving France a chance to militarise would have been a massive mistake. France was capable of being just as strong as Germany given a common enemy to rally around. Not to mention that it's much easier to defend a Coast compared to a land front.

Maybe because there was a giant fucking army there gearing up to try and invade Germany?

The maginot line was defensive. The French weren't goin anywhere. They lost 400,000 men in a single day at verdun and went down without barely putting up much of a fight against Germany. As much respect I have for France I don't think they had it in them

he was high. coked out an smoking ice, thought he could take over the world easier than he really could

>bongs and france declare war on you
>ignore them and attack russia so you don't look like an aggressor

are you retarded?

They did do it with Bongs though.
What makes Germany look shitty is attacking Norway, Denmark, and Benelux. But I know the reasons.

They did invade Germany (Saar region) in September 39 during the Polish campaign but pulled out again when it became obvious that it was over.

>What makes Germany look shitty is attacking Norway, Denmark, and Benelux.
Same with attacking the Soviet Union though. Attacking them first would have been the worst possible decision both morally and strategically. On the other hand, taking France and removing the English from the european mainland was justifiable, since they had declared the war and rejected peace multiple times.

USSR is endgame though. Once it is gone, there really isn't anything left. No reason to care what anyone thinks of you, as the dead aren't able to complain.

>Morallity matters in an annihilation war
Hans, I...