Trump Communicating with Mueller

The madman is poisoning the well of the special consuel investigation by sending messages to Bob Mueller. He is getting the hardcore left to turn on Mueller, Comey 2.0

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/SYhSd
usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/08/08/donald-trump-exchanged-private-messages-special-counsel-mueller/547917001/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

source?

archive.is/SYhSd

usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/08/08/donald-trump-exchanged-private-messages-special-counsel-mueller/547917001/

>Washington political circles for weeks have been on high alert for the possibility the president could try to get rid of Mueller or otherwise wrest control of the federal Russia probe he frequently denounces as a "hoax."

>Yet the Trump legal camp cast the communications as a sign that the president is willing to cooperate with Mueller, whose office declined to comment, and former federal prosecutors say there are no rules that would prevent a president from passing along messages to the special counsel through an attorney.

archive.is/SYhSd

>Even so, Trump's private communications represent a "striking" contradiction with his public condemnations of the Russia investigation, said Jimmy Gurule, a former assistant attorney general in the George H.W. Bush administration.

>"It's an extreme position to go from hateful statements to this," Gurule said. "What would cause him to change his mind?"

>Trump's effort to communicate with Mueller is also notable since Trump has come under fire for prior unconventional contacts related to the investigation into possible collusion between Trump associates and Russia.

>In a break with longstanding precedent to avoid even the appearance of influencing the nonpolitical law enforcement agency's investigations, Trump spoke privately with former FBI Director James Comey on several occasions before firing him in May because of his handling of the Russia matter.

>In those conversations, Comey said, Trump tried to convince him to drop parts of the Russia investigation and asked for a pledge of loyalty – accounts that not only led to the appointment of a special counsel, but also an expansion of the inquiry to include possible obstruction of justice.

>Dowd has said all communications with Mueller have been proper.

>“We get along well with Bob Mueller; our communications have been constructive,’’ the attorney said. “But it is important that our communications remain confidential. It’s important that there not be any breakdown in that trust.’’

>In a sign that forcing out the former FBI director overseeing the federal Russia investigation is also untenable from a political perspective, government officials have moved to tamp down any talk of ousting Mueller – including, apparently Trump himself.

>"That’s never been on the table, never,’’ Dowd said of the possibility Trump might try to remove the special counsel. “It’s a manifestation of the media. My dealings with Bob Mueller have always been cordial, respectful — the way it should be."

>Ron Woods, a former federal prosecutor and FBI agent, said he saw nothing inappropriate about Trump’s communications to Mueller through his attorney.

>"I think it’s a smart play on Dowd’s part," Woods said. “They’ve obviously taken the position that the best defense now is to cooperate."

>While Woods notes that "nothing about this case has been usual," both Dowd and Mueller have a history as friends. "There is nothing wrong with Dowd talking to Mueller," Woods said.

>Not all legal experts agreed it was so straightforward.

>"This is peculiar," tweeted Preet Bharara, a former U.S. attorney who was fired by Trump earlier this year. "It would be more helpful if he stopped undermining Mueller publicly and fomenting attacks on him by surrogates like Newt (Gingrich)."

>Trump and his aides have been highly critical of Mueller and his widening investigation. Trump has said Mueller's job is unnecessary because he hasn't done anything wrong, and has accused the former FBI director of having unspecified conflicts of interest.

Can anyone explain to me why a U.S. President would be happy to talk about an investigation into his finances. I don't get it.

So pretty much at this point if you support Mueller you also support Trump by default.

Because as mentioned above it poisons the well. Now if Mueller wants to push this further he will have to recuse himself as a conflict of interest because he's communicating with Trump's attorney.

As Comey said 3 times, Trump, himself, is not under investigation.
Just because MSM writes an unsourced article doesn't make it true.
Did you see Rosenstein's interview over the weekend? He said again to not pay attention to the media stories.

3D chess:

MSM can attacks everything I support so therefore I will show support for my enemies in order to discredit them.

interesting.

How long ago did he say that? Back in March or something? That's an eternity. You don't think its possible the investigation has changed since then?

Not true. Comms between attys are very common in cases.
And, if Trump was personally under investigation, Mueller's group wouldn't have responded. There would have been no 'back and forth' messaging.

Anything is possible.
But, since Mueller's team has been involved in a 'back and forth' conversation with Trump, they just threw the case out the window, if they had one.
That would mean Mueller and his entire team of attorney's don't understand basic law.

Doesn't matter what is common in cases, now the MSM will go batshit crazy on the special counsel making it impossible for the investigation to be carried forward. Slow Schumer will be trying to fire Mueller himself because "Trump got to him".

Schumer can't fire Mueller.
Plus, the Dems absolutely LOVE Mueller. They, along with Graham, are trying to pass a bill that prohibits Trump from firing Mueller.
He's an 'incorruptible' golden child.
But, they now realize Mueller isn't investigating Trump.
That's the kick in the nuts. Today's USA Today article, about an interview with Trump's attorney, proves that. In fact, it looks like Dowd voluntarily provided the information, because it hasn't leaked.

>Preet Bharara

I don't know exactly how, but this guy is involved in the DNC/Obama/Clinton corruption and he's pretty mouthy. I think he's a nervous wreck.

The left is going to freak out when they find out Mueller has been working for Trump the whole time... it will be better then election night

He's telling Bob he appreciates his work investigating Hilary and the DNC. No coincidence this came out same day as this:

Yes that is interesting...

If Trumps's not suspect, I don't think there's a conflict to be had.

From what I've read, Preet was slow walking the NY Clinton Foundation investigation.
Plus, he probably had something to do with the visa for the Russian attorney that met with Jr.
And, yeah, he's tied in with the Clinton's pretty tight.

so was the whole Mueller is secretly /ourguy/ a bunch of larping nonsense then?

Bump

so Trump and Mueller are the dreamteam we were waiting for?
And they take it all down?
> with fire and fury?

MSM and DNC are going to have egg on their faces right in time for the midterms.

which is why it was dumb for them to start the attack right out of the gate. if they had waited until november of this year, the primary season and mid terms would be under a year from the witch hunt. now they are banking on 2 straight years of nothing to help them.

Stop... Hammer Time

Ice ice baby

I think you didn't get the article.

Idk about this. It seems like Trump is doing more collusion now with Mueller. This is almost certainly obstruction. Has Mueller addressed this? Honestly it might be time to pull the plug on this whole special counsel thing. Har har, we all had a laugh but it's seriously just gotten boring. Like come on Rosenstein. This really has gone far enough now. Time to stop investigating

these are criminally underrated digits
witnessed

>midterms

By tomorrow.

As if that shitmonkey Preet is unbiased. He got fuckin canned so of course he'll say its unusual or alarming.
Fuckin Poos.

Yeah I skipped reading after I saw his name.

Highly unusual = Trump and his lawyers are running circles around us and there is nothing we can do about it.

>Plus, the Dems absolutely LOVE Mueller. They, along with Graham, are trying to pass a bill that prohibits Trump from firing Mueller.
>He's an 'incorruptible' golden child.
>But, they now realize Mueller isn't investigating Trump.

Exactly. In the last week or so, the Washington Post, CNN, and now USA Today have all caught on that things aren't going as planned. And if Mueller hasn't been gathering dirt on Trump all this time, but he has been growing his staff, whom has he been investigating? Uh oh....

Goblin got guac

I agree that it is very suspect that nothing has leaked yet in terms of dirt on Trump.

bump

Hiring some of HRC's ex attorneys and the top prosecutor out from under Preet...hmmm.
Witnesses in future court dates?