>Find out Austrian (libertarian) economics expressly rejects empiricism
>Almost none of their shit is even close to accepted by actual economists

Explain yourselves libertards

Other urls found in this thread:

texasobserver.org/the-rise-and-fall-of-the-freest-little-city-in-texas
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coinage_Act_of_1857
firehistory.weebly.com/the-history-of-volunteer-firefighting.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Libertarians take the high road on economics however most fail to actually understand economics at all.

Capitalism is general is bad. We should take a third position on economics so that our Nation's economy is ran by the people and not International Finance and Jewry.

Libertarianism is not a politeconomic doctrine. It is a pure meme. The only real life application of the movement used to be antisoviet Cold War propaganda. And still, it was pretty shitty at that - I doubt anyone left-leaning or communist fell for it.

AnCap/Libertarian economics is a bunch of Jewish bullshit.

Rothbard, Mises, Friedman, all evil lying kikes.

You don't defeat the Jew by becoming a greed driven breadhead like him.

capitalism is needed to maintain a country for more then a few years
businesses don't need to be managed unless the are extremely large
i dont like ultra capitalistic materialism
but it does provide the best goods and services to the people at the lowest prices through innovation and competition

Butthurt Keynes fanboys detected.

I mean, if you want to live in an endless cycle of debt, inflation, borrowing and spending go for it. Personally I'm not particularly happy about that.

>Ancap flag
Sorry guy. Anyone but you has the right to criticize the effectiveness of Communist policies.

>libertarians
>roads
???

>we should take a third position on ecoomics.

at first, the influence of the state may seem a better and more organized solution for small companies.
then it happens that categories that are better represented (lobbying, joos, better PR) start to leech off the public resources, or even worse they start to stomp on the upcoming competitors.
and then you see what happens today with government control of everything, ideologies getting into big companies, news drive by PR.

the bottom up approach to economy would never fail, western people don't wnat to be poor, they will ALWAYS choose the best for the next generation.
we know it because we are a family based society where every generation tries to build wealth/materials goods for their heirs.

>Ancapism has never been tried

>How a libertarian experiment in city government fell apart over taxes, debt and some very angry people.

texasobserver.org/the-rise-and-fall-of-the-freest-little-city-in-texas

i did some typos, i'm on a netbook, don't go full nazi on me.

>captcha: roads

Von Ormy's problem was that they created a Libertarian community that tried to be an analogue of a centrally planned social democracy. It was never going to work long term.

I see minarchy/ancap as a stepping stone along the route to post-scarcity utopia. We'll try, and fail, to create minimal states several times before we get the balance right and even then it'll most likely be because autonomous technology takes on the administrative role of the state.

Ok not you, economies are already run by people, what do you think markets are made up of?

>I mean, if you want to live in an endless cycle of debt, inflation, borrowing and spending go for it
Whats wrong with debt?

From my reading of that story it sounds like it was sabotaged by 3 crypto-jews.

There's nothing wrong with leveraging a little personal short term debt.

There's everything wrong with the charade that goes on at a corporate and international level where people magic numbers out of thin air using debt derivatives and create artificial wealth, deiving inflation. I.e. the sub-prime debacle.

Inflation would be far worse under Austrian policy, switching to the reserve bank fiat currency system has kept inflation under control for decades now

Austrian economics doesn't reject empiricism. However, it simply states there are economic truths that can be deduced through logic. One does not exclude the other, though empirical evidence might be shown to be redundant.

Property rights and voluntary trade are the foundation of civilization. That's all libertarianism is.

Most Austrians support competing currencies. The most stable will come out on top, most likely a gold standard.

That's the issue though, with a central bank controlling the quantity and value of money you're effectively sweeping high inflation under the carpet to deal with later.

>mainstream economists' obsession with mathematizing economics always leads to people being wildly wrong
-e-egblain urselfs!!!

Teens have curfews in the US? what in the literal fuck?

lmao what

Spics can't self-govern

There weren't multiple competing currencies before the fed.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coinage_Act_of_1857

And even then, I wouldn't call multiple state currencies free market competition.

Those 3 were all women too. Shit, 4/5 members of the city council were women, and what the fuck is up with all the spic names? Libertarian conferences are always like 90% white and male and yet this experiment is mostly women and hispanics. WTF!

well you can't expect women are going to do much other than bitch and backstab so no surprise it didn't work.

When are all the bitcoin billionaires on Sup Forums going to buy up a place and start their own experiment?

would make great viewing regardless of how it worked out i think, that could provide the income stream to help fund it even.

Inflation can have many destructive consequences: hurts people on fixed income, discourages saving and investment, can lead to higher prices. Since the benefits of inflating the supply of money, the diversion of real resources to the ones who get to spend "nothing" for "something", go to those who hold power and their vested interests, it is no wonder that so much effort is spent redefining "inflation" and diverting attention to those evil and rapacious "greedy businesses". A thief crying "thief!" indeed.

Until people unjew themselves and learn how to communicate, work together and share somewhat like the Amish still do, you know be christian to each other, I don't see much hope of this sort of thing succeeding.
Most people these days are too greedy and self-centred for it to work. AnCap/Libertarian types may as well be Jews with their selfishness and unwillingness to work together without it all being about money

Freedom ain't free.

Haha, that story is replete with government fucking the whole thing up, especially the state of Texas and the city of San Antonio. Not to mention the lack of privatization. Unless you privatize, you are still going to have to to tax in order to pay for the public utilities.

Empiricism is only valid if you are able to isolate variables.

Why aren't drug tests done one death row prisoners? Because you can't isolate any variable making it impossible to really measure anything.

This is why drug tests are done on a controlled environment, using mice with a controlled genome.

So you can measure the effect of only one variable.

How can you isolate any variable on a economy? You can't, thus the empirical data has no value.

>trying to operate a Libertarian society
>by establishing an closer to anarchist society
Ancapism was always known to not work. Libertarianism by itself but with a government is a sound idea though

Do any other western nations have curfews. I'm looking at you bongistan.

firehistory.weebly.com/the-history-of-volunteer-firefighting.html

Australia.

Perth has had it for decades, Sydney now does and Melbourne is looking at doing it to.

you are stuck in a meme

>What is econometrics, the post

Inflation really is a smoke bomb masked as a word.

Dude, the OP didn't mention Keynesianism once. Economics isn't a dichotomy between Keynesianism and Austrian economics. Keynesianism probably doesn't mean what you think is does, anyway.

That's it I'm done, this country is fucked.

Haha, that's what finally pushed you over the edge? Besides, having a curfew makes sneaking out more fun when you're a teen.

Fraid so, same or worse everywhere else though.

and cold or full of darkies.

The issue with empiricism in economics is the same problem with empiricism in the social sciences. With extremely dynamic groups such as humans, there are very few variables that can be held constant, making 'experiments' non-repeatable.

So when more mainstream economists are making an interpretation of data regarding some current or historical trend, they have a model (that's usually very easy to manipulate, by including or excluding variables) that they compare the data with. So for example, if I'm a Keynesian, and I want to defend a government action, such as a minimum wage increase, I don't have to show that the period following the action lead to growth, only that it grew relative to model. Now, let's say that the economy did very poorly immediately after this government change, all I have to do is carefully select variables that show that economy was delving into an even worse trend, and then compared to the model, the government action was a boon. Disagreement between the different sides of more traditional economists, usually boil down to what variables each side considers appropriate for consideration.

>Almost none of their shit is even close to accepted by actual economists
(((economists)))

Keynsianism has nothing to do with the minimum wage or growth theory, dude. You have no idea what Keynesianism is.

I never said it did, it was simply an example

(((Mises)))
(((Rothbard)))
(((Friedman)))

Jews always lead both sides of any debate.

Keynesfag defense force detected