Why are there people against genetic engineering?

Why are there people against genetic engineering?
Who wants their son to look like this?

I second this

It's based in some cucky type of ethical foundation like virtue ethics.
Realistic utilitarians realize the inevitability of genetic engineering and the net good it will do.

Is this the Google guy who got fired?
He looks like the type of MGOTW you'd find on Sup Forums and Reddit.

We call the ones against genetic engineering Altright, and the ones that want ugly pitiful children, liberals.

>not beating your son into shape before he gets to this point

I'm for it. I bet even he doesn't want to look like that.

wow he literally looks quite a bit like one of the aliens in Close Encounters

>ayy lmao

everybody know the solution is to develop a system so we can take dna cells from an embryo and use the computer to simulate body development according to dna in order to be able to tell if it's gonna be a monster or not. preventive abortion is the solution.

Crab mentality. They are afraid that they'll quickly be left behind by a better generation that enjoyed the advantages of genetic engineering so hey'd rather deny that advantage to everyone.

Which obviously will not work because the elite won't give a shit about such bans and use it anyway, forcing the rest to either adopt it or be outpaced like they feared. So at worst they delay it a bit.

Nothing wrong with him that diet, exercise, a good barber, and real clothing won't fix.

his face is fucking deformed. I mean, he doesn't have to look as shit as he does now, but he'll never reach even just average looks

>Why are there people against genetic engineering?
Because most people dont want fake, build-a-human-replica babies.

>Who wants their son to look like this?
Any real man and father who had that genotype(s) or mated with a woman who did.

Wanting your son to have some fake, portable lab genes that aren't yours and his mother's is some ultimate beta cuckery.

I'm not against it. I'm against allowing women to make the choice.

His face isn't deformed.

But, I'm for correcting deformities.

ha!

Actualy, he got quite good face. 2-3 years of hard work and gym, with help of good stylist and psychotherapist(100% he got hell of a childhood), couple of RSD bootcamps will make him chad.
RSD Max, best PUA i know, got height of 171 cm.
In other words, you just need dedication to cause.

"Beauty" is simply the average of successful human phenotypes for a given region, which our brains instinctually recognize. Overtime this average phenotype has changed drastically.

But even more importantly, genetic variation and mutation is our greatest asset. Ugly people, manlets, homosexuals, the mentally insane, the undersirable...you may not understand their role, and wish to breed them away. But they are a critical source of genetic experimentation by the blind watchmaker.

Correspondingly, I fear crispr will be the end of the human race...or at least the start of our decent into mediocrity, and the die-off.

>that (((schnoz)))

this

>RSD Max, best PUA i know

And have you got any proof that this guy actually shags women? Or is he just a good speaker in front of the camera?