Common Sense 2nd Amendment Changes

I support all the amendments that Americans enjoy, but some are long overdue for a serious overhaul. I would like to specifically discuss how to effectively change the 2nd Amendment.

The 2nd amendment should be changed to specifically say which arms Americans have a right to bear. There are no reasons for ordinary citizens to own assault weapons or weapons with a clip size larger than 10 bullets. 10 bullets should be more than enough for hunting or self defense purposes. You do not need a gun for anything else.

I would like to see the second amendment specify a minimum age for gun ownership. Something in the range of 25-30. Guns are deadly tools and only a fully mature adult should have access to them. Most mass shooters are in their early 20s. We would be able to prevent a lot of gun crime with a minimum age for gun ownership.

Add something to the second amendment that gives the government the right to repossess anyone's firearm for any reason. It is the government's job to look out for our best interest, and it would be a lot easier if they had the ability to take guns away from potentially dangerous people.

Again, I am a 2nd amendment supporter but I think it is long overdue for some changes to account for it being 2017 and not 1791 anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

nydailynews.com/news/national/violent-teen-mob-attacks-shoppers-workers-tenn-grocery-store-video-article-1.1931987
youtube.com/watch?v=UYmEPowV5EY
feralhogs.tamu.edu/frequently-asked-questions/frequently-asked-questions-wild-pigs/
edlab.tc.columbia.edu/blog/10822-Do-Kids-Learn-Faster-than-Adults
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not this shitty thread again

fuck off with this copypasta you dumbfucking retard, die, sage

>le guaranteed replies bullshit thread
go fuck yourself, you aren't anyone who can do jack shit about the constitution.

saved you faggot, the 2nd is perfect against tyranny as you propose, dipshit

>effectively change the 2nd Amendment.
SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

SLIDE THREAD SLIDE THREAD

HILLARY CLINTON WILL FACE LIFE IN PRISON

DWS WILL FACE TREASON

AWAN BROS AND DNC WILL FACE CHARGES OF KILLING SETH RICH

SHILL SLIDE THREAD

>GUNS ARE EVIL AND NASTY AND SCARY

Yeah that's not common sense
SHALL

2nd amendment
>A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

The tools to regulate firearm already exist within the amendment. The militia and the firearms are not two seperate things requiring every firearm owner to register with a government regulated militia solves the issues. Too my knowledge regulating firearms in this method has yet to be attempted by the federal US government.

Inb4 not American not my business

I actually support the second amendment, I just like thinking about such hypotheticals.

>clip
>Assault weapon

Opinion discarded. Fuck off no guns.

>let's keep replying to obvious bait and distract thread

Faggots.

Well the present world disproves the 2nd Amendment. There are several free nations without heavily armed populaces. Example: Canada, Australia, Britain ..

LEGALIZE CARL GUSTAV

so much fail... shit skins and jews . open boarders for Israel

SAGE

>Again, I am a 2nd amendment supporter but I think it is long overdue for some changes to account for it being 2017 and not 1791 anymore.

It's the current year! This is your best argument?

No shit Sherlock, precisely why we need
"Assault" weapons rather than single shot muskets.

All humans are the same on the inside. Don't be so shallow.

Anyone who replies to this thread is a newfag.

If I find a topic engaging and thought provoking I will engage it regardless of what you seem the thread to be will not be part of your hive mind. Continue to be a sheep faggot.

>clip
opinion discarded again

Hope you and your mother get bone cancer mate.

KILL YOURSELF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!

Most of these were done by whites. They are the root cause of gun violence in America.

>I am a 2nd amendment supporter

No you're not. No 2nd ammendment supporter would say close to half of the retarded shit you said. In fact, any supporter would actually argue for less restriction and a more modern selection available to lawful gun owners.

Yes the political world hates the second amendment but this isn't about what the world thinks. I'm more interested in whether the federal government can use the well regulated militia part of of the second amendment to force firearms owners to register and train in militia groups. Raising both firearm knowledge and skills, aswell as sanctioning government approved firearms. This technically does not infringe the rights to own firearms but does regulate it and the militia aspect. Any legal burgers with an opinion on this?

SAGED

HE'S A LARPING LEAF WHO MAKES THIS THREAD 5x A DAY STOP GIVING HIM (YOU)'S

Every child in the US should be given a free assault rifle. If free health care is a right so are free guns.

>literally wrong think die
My freedom of speech ends where you begin to disapprove of what I say and who I say it to.
Cunt you are no fucking different to the feminists and the regressive left.

>government regulated militia

Okay
I'll make a you a trade:

We make it harder to get a gun.

In return, we introduce a basic civics exam required for voter registration.

Guns are not necessary in any first world civilized society. Healthcare however is.

I have no gun rights in my country cunt, I can't own semi auto rifles, I have to jump through literal fucking loops to own a hand gun. Airsoft rifles require a fucking license and are severely under powered that it's not a viable fucking sport. I want firearms. Regardless of that I can still engage in a hypothetical thinking exercise in regards to the US second amendment.

Fuck off, twat

You are right we should be giving adults free guns too. I don't know what I was thinking.

Faggot, look at my flag. I'm not a fucking leaf.

>he thinks the 2nd amendment was about hunting or self defense

how about you change that flag to red and yellow COMMIE. too much government control, even with clip of 10 bullets you can still fucking kill someone, that's something obama didn't get and I guess none of you liberals will get. There will always be evil, but over my dead body is someone gonna take my 2nd away.
>merica

You talk big behind your keyboard but if law enforcement showed up at your front door to confiscate your guns, I bet you would hand them over with a smile on your face.

Again with the copypasta bullshit

>a military force that is raised from the civil population to supplement a regular army in an emergency.
>(in the US) all able-bodied civilians eligible by law for military service.

Removing the all US citizens to those registered with militias groups would appear to be the key in us firearm legislation.

I have absolutely why you laugh at government regulated militia. What were the fucking minutemen if not civilians working for the benefit of the current US govt.

OP will die in an AIDS fire, kek wills it

you're funny. no way in fuckin hell would I, and it's scary there are people like you who want that to happen

This is retarded, the American psyche to firearm ownership would mean they would lie, especially in the states where no registration is required and possibly even get shot at.

Because you are too cowardly to do the job yourself, you demand that the State do it.

And no, no law enforcement in my area would comply with such an order, and I would have a smile on my face knowing that my guns support law enforcement.

"Common sense"
not understanding
>shall not be infringed

fuck you OP, I should be able to own any gun I fucking want, we don't have to neuter gun laws any more than they already are. SAGE

Trump will protect our guns, after all he's a gun owner too
>Make America Great Again

False.

>10 bullets should be more than enough for hunting and self defense

what if you are hunting wild boar and are charged by a pack of 20 wild boar each weighing well over 100 lbs? what if you are attacked by over 10 people? should you be allowed to have a fighting chance(over 10 bullets in mag) or should you just die because having over 10 bullets is morally wrong?

>minimum age 25

it is a well known fact that children are faster at learning than adults. it therefore makes sense it would be easier for a child to learn proper firearms safety than an adult. if everyone who owns a gun learned how to use guns when they were children there would objectively be less gun accidents because gun owners on average would have a lot more experience handling firearms safely.

>right to repossess firearm for any reason

should trump really be allowed to take my guns if i say he needs to go easy on the spray tan? should dems be allowed to take my guns if i say hillary looks like she went through a 1000w microwave on high for 10 min? after all i did insult/offend them and therefore am a possible threat however unlikely.

Ill end with this quote by based ben franklin. those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither.

Prove it

Who the fuck would actually believe that taking guns away would help? Look at Chicago, guns ar barely legal there just about. Seems to be working out for them just great right? -.-

Are there any non autistic burgers with an opinion on whether this would actually be possible, I dont care whether you want it or not I just want to know if this is the loop whole democrats are looking for?

Link me news stories of Americans being attacked by a pack of over 20 boars, or by over 10 people at once. The scenarios you presented are simply unrealistic and do not ever happen.

The brain is not fully developed until 25.

Trump doesn't want to take your guns though, he has guns himself! He is a believer in the 2nd amendment from what I know/ can assume. I could not imagine Trump banning guns.

>overhaul
>amendments

Pick one and I'll decide whether you die or not, commie scum.

So you are saying that you are under 25, retard?

Wild boar are very viscous

OP is liar.
The right to bear muskets when the 2nd amendment was established was the right to bear state of the art, cutting edge frirepower. US Citizens should have the right to have truck mounted Gatling guns, rail guns on the roof of their house.

But addressing "assault rifles". They are under attack by the disarm and conquer "progressives" because women and children can effectively wield these when the faggot Anschluss comes to give the babies mandatory SRS and rapes, in service to the Anti-Christ.

Sayyyjah

I know I've been hunting them for 30 odd years. I've never seen more than 3 in one spot.

nydailynews.com/news/national/violent-teen-mob-attacks-shoppers-workers-tenn-grocery-store-video-article-1.1931987

Crew served arms are not the subject of the second amendment.

yes, I think it should be changed so that gun control is specifically mentioned as unconstitutional

because guns are coming from places that are not gun free zones, thats why guns must be banned

youtube.com/watch?v=UYmEPowV5EY

Fuck off, leaf

this is an article by texas a and m university. texas is the state most effected by the invasive feral hog
feralhogs.tamu.edu/frequently-asked-questions/frequently-asked-questions-wild-pigs/
"US newspapers report 5 to 7 human fatalities each year"

>the brain is not developed until 25
the brain may not be fully developed until 25 but 25 year olds learn at a much slower rate than young children. edlab.tc.columbia.edu/blog/10822-Do-Kids-Learn-Faster-than-Adults

what if 20 of them come together to brutally batter and rape your daughter. How would you feel then?

The article explicitly states that the mob was playing a knockout style game- they were not trying to kill people. Using deadly force against them would be unjustified.

Hey, you changed your flag this time.

Copy Pasta... gay and fucking sage

Same anti-civil liberty thread every day.
You aren't a U.S. citizen and have no business pretending to lecture us about our rights.
Fuck off and watch your wife get raped by Mohammad.
sa-ge-d

The use of deadly force is also unjustified in looting scenarios. No material object is more valuable than human life.

>Using deadly force against them would be unjustified
>see some nigger running at me as if about to murder of jump me
>ah, I'm sure he's just playing a knock-out game :^) I'll just try to get out of the way and not arm myself
retard

Castle doctrine

Bullshit! Assault is assault. The right to self defense is inviolable and not given by government.

You just replied to it.
sage

>No material object is more valuable than human life.
nah, fuck humans

I disagree. Your life (I've never met you before) is worth nothing to me (and is probably a drain on the federal government and your family, if you're looting my store/home). My TV is worth $4,000.

If someone had a gun and simply fired one shot in the air, I guarantee that the entire mob would have dispersed. I am not anti gun, I love guns, but we need common sense regulations.

i know trump doesnt want to take my guns this is entirely hypothetical and the most ridiculous scenario i could imagine.

>136719821
Just wait until you're in the middle of a shooting and you wish you could stop the shooter before he shoots you

Why is blatant spam outright supported by the mods? Isn't it their job to remove /b\-tier threads?

Okay but you are only allowed to meet the attacker with as much as a threat as they present towards you. None of them had guns.

i meant to link you this

Why are burgers so afraid of engaging my militia argument for firearm regulation.
Is it a case tgat the concept may actually be legal or do you guys literally just see a second amendment thread and spaz the fuck out losing all ability to thinks nd engage people rationally.

Selective fire or GTFO.

Gee i wonder who could be behind this post

Here's some common sense: my right to self defense (including my property) trumps your right to trespass, steal my shit, and potentially injure me. I 100% support castle doctrine, and fuck you Europoors and your bullshit "don't kill robbers they r people 2 :^)" mentality

If a mob attaches you, and you have no mob to fight back? Brilliant!

SAGE YOU FREEDOM HATING NORMIE. REEEEEEEEEEEEE

You can still grievously injure or even murder someone with your bare hands, especially in a group.

Sage
Nice slide thread. I believe in an overhaul for the second amendment too. We should be able to have fully auto guns. The only reason we can't is because all of the mass shooters are Democrats.
Ban Democrats not guns

>I support all the amendments that Americans enjoy
>fag flag
opinion disregarded

>Add something to the second amendment that gives the government the right to repossess anyone's firearm for any reason. It is the government's job to look out for our best interest, and it would be a lot easier if they had the ability to take guns away from potentially dangerous people.
lmao just realized you're a nanny state authoritarian who doesn't even support the 2nd amendment.

This thread will never end. FUCK THE BOLSHEVIKS LONG LIVE AMERICA

Fuck off.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

take a look at what is actually being said here. the first section can be thought of as a side note justification clause. "a well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state" is a justification for what follows which is "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." the words "right of the people" shows up quite a lot in the constitution and always applies to all citizens of the usa not jsut govt officials, military, etc. because the 2nd amendment pertains to "the right of the people" the 2nd amendment should apply to all us citizens and it should not "be infringed" in any way due to there not being any specificity.

>Once upon a time there was a man
>He came from a rich family, and got a great education
>His father gave him a small loan
>He went on and used this small loan to become one of the biggest names in America
>Once he was asked in the 80's/early 90's if he was going to run for president
>He wasn't for sure saying no
>Years passed as he watched Washington clog itself with corruption, greed, and stupidity.
>He decided something had to be done, he took a stand
>They took him as a joke at first, they said he could never win
>He surged in the polls, he crushed the GOP's, and then... just when everyone thought he met his match
>He won the election and the debates
>He never stopped tweeting
>He never stopped loosing
>This is the story of Flube, the 60th President of the United States of America

>assault weapons
We really ought to filter this phrase, literally the only people who use it are gun control nuts. They can't even properly define an assault weapon.

>amendment
>specify minimum age

Are you retarded? This isn't some stupid euro constitution that even talks about which colors people can paint tbeir dildoes