What do you think the captains of Ohio class submarines are expected to do in the event of a civil war...

What do you think the captains of Ohio class submarines are expected to do in the event of a civil war? Especially when who is the legitimate government of the US is in doubt.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_cruiser_Aurora
imdb.com/title/tt2172103/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nothing. As a matter of fact if even one of them defects, Civil War is over. They've run this scenario at military think tanks and the outcome basically comes down to whether or not the Officers of the vessel choose to side with "rebels".

Turn the underwater gay orgy into overdrive

Who was right?

Just lay there and wait for it to end. Maintaining complete radio silence.

Served eight years on submarines. Boomers will do what they've been trained to do.

Patrol their given sector, maintain strict radio silence, and wait from an order from the Commander-in-Chief. Nothing more, nothing less.

same thing they always do, drive around in circles and burn a lot of flicks

Probably Down Periscope for the millionth time while eating shitty midrats while doing figure 8's at 5 knots or less.

Follow orders.

They were both right, and they were both wrong. Didn't you hear what Jason Robards said in the ending?

Hang out underwater for 3-5 months pending food supplies and wait for w/e war you are talking about to blow over

Masturbate

I always liked midrats the best. we had this short fat cs who made 3 different colored pans of slop. the orange was the best. also chicken nuggets and franks was pretty good

I've always said the the BEST job in the Navy is probably the night baker. One of our CS's had probably been to mast about 3-4 times but the CO refused to kick him out.

He was quite possible the dumbest person I've ever met on the face of the planet but he baked bread that was so good that you'd think God made it himself. That's what saved him I think.

Seriously. Mouth watering bread.

Wrong, the captain was right.

>Our procedures are clear. In the absence of a contravening order and in a situation like this, we follow the orders in hand.

That movie was Hollywood. It makes real submariners laugh.

When they lost propulsion and were going down, remember that scene?

HELLO!!!! EMERGENCY BLOW!!! HELLO FUCKTARD!!!!!

Carbs are degenerate.

Admirals outrank captains.

When I was cranking I never realized just how much tuna 120 people would go through in a six month period. Insane.

rip the guy who died in the bilge bay ;_;

Can they manually point the missiles? Or are they pre-programmed and they just launch.

I kept thinking to myself "What fucking compartment is that guy in? That's one big goddamn battery well."

I don't know, I'm not a boomer fag. I was fast attack.

There were at 4 of them who died ;_;

these men are way too smart to even assume what they would do. a navy o-6 is a pretty smart fuck, let alone an o6 nuke

Kirby silver surfer is the only true silver surfer.

Even the enlisted on submarines are brilliant people, give or take a few.

FIGHT ME

lmao, let's not get carried away here

That's why I said "Give or take a few". Automatic disclaimer.

I've been on sub and surface. Subs are smarter.

The subs need to be able to fire the missiles on their own, or else an enemy can defang them by severing communications.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_cruiser_Aurora

OR YOU WILL BE SLAVE!

How much food does a sub carry? Like how many bags of flour to make bread everyday and boxes of burgers in the freezer

This movie is fucking great.

Bomb the cities. That's their job; target black areas and leftist ratnests. Next question.

This.

t. MT2 SSGN, Ohio (2006-2009).

Stay under until they have to surface. Probably park the sub in the American Virgin Islands and wait it out.

A-gang is always mixed bag.

>We will leave our fleet behind, we will pass through the American patrols, past their sonar nets, and lay off their largest city, and listen to their rock and roll... while we conduct missile drills. Then, and when we are finished, the only sound they will hear is our laughter, while we sail to Havana, where the sun is warm, and so is the comradeship. A great day, comrades. We sail into history.

>Let them sing!

Is this one of them illegal underwater nuclerar fishing vessels?

This is triggering, we've all been given iodine pills here now because of the increased traffic of illegal underwater covert fishing vessels like this

Fuck off with your nuke shit!
We know it's just an exuse to thief fish, and we will haul them all to port. Fining you 6 gorillion shekels a day, so much so you will never get them back

>DET ER VÅR FISK
>FISKENVÅRES
>UTLENDINGER REEEEEEEE

learn to use (((their))) narrative btw
come on

"illegal underwater fishing vessels"
who can beat that

>Be Ivan
>Be KGB
>Want to do Active Measurements
>How we turn them gommunists?
>Dey capitalists!
>No is something else
>Wut?
>Dey seem to actually be fixated on fish comrade
>Fish?
>Yes fish
>wot not oil?
>no fish, what into
>so dey don't care about shekels?
>no
>what do?

this

>Nothing. As a matter of fact if even one of them defects, Civil War is over. They've run this scenario at military think tanks and the outcome basically comes down to whether or not the Officers of the vessel choose to side with "rebels".
I thought about this a lot. If there is a civil war and foreign powers take advantage to invade, our Boomers can't help us. Scary situation.

imdb.com/title/tt2172103/

Watch it.

nice try, you are not getting our fish Valdemar