It was argued to me this week that the Google memo failed to constitute hostile behavior because it cited peer-reviewed...

>It was argued to me this week that the Google memo failed to constitute hostile behavior because it cited peer-reviewed articles that suggest women have different brains. The well-known scientist who made this comment to me is both a woman and someone who knows quite well that “peer-reviewed” and “correct” are not interchangeable terms. This brings us to the question that many have grappled with this week. It’s 2017, and to some extent scientific literature still supports a patriarchal view that ranks a man’s intellect above a woman’s.

Women can ignore facts in CURRENT YEAR

Other urls found in this thread:

plato.stanford.edu/entries/scientific-objectivity/
archive.is/JPNew
assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3914586/Googles-Ideological-Echo-Chamber.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Science is only absolute truth when it serves our interests
This is getting tiresome.

It gets better. She's a gay nigger jew

Rabbi approved

Literally the only people unironically sharing this are traps and jews

By minorities harmed she just means niggers and poos that cheated to get there.

Are we forcing (((them))) to be science deniers now?

>It’s 2017

They have been that way for a while with the exception of their pseudoscience studies meant to push their narrative.

Here we fucking go lads. It's only a matter of time until they start burning books.

>stein

every fucking time!

hahaha saved

>"TRUMP VOTERS HATE SCIENCE!"
>Harvard grad posts science
>"FIRE HIM! THAT SCIENCE ISN'T REAL!"

What did xhe mean by this?

It was really hard to get past the 2nd word of this screed. It's concentrated ground-up blue pill ready for snorting

psychology is not a "hard" science. It's a social science... not real science. It's subjective and heavily influence by social/cultural bias.

Evolutionary psychology doesn't deal with quantifiable facts.

God damn liberals.

Science is truth and it is fact... when it comes to the hard sciences.

Science is is truth though. Almost to a religious point. The scientific method is literally a step by step process to determine said truth.

I'm only a young man to most people but I've lived long enough to see the Left become the shrill, unreasonable, close-minded science-deniers, instead of the Right.

The internet is a myth.

Known fact.

DESU there are two major branches of "psychology" only one of which bothers to test their theories with field studies, but yeah

>muh science

Honest she is right. """""Scientists""""" are just a bunch of cucks who are getting paid by corperations to say what the corperations want.

I fucking love Science!

Sounds exaclty like christians now doesn't it?

psychology doesn't use scientific method

>muh soft vs hard science virtue signalling
Yes we get it you took some physics undergrad courses and you're so much smarter than the dreck taking anthro 101.

However personality psychology is legitimate science, it is rigorous, and you need to sort yourself out.

>Evolutionary psychology doesn't deal with quantifiable facts.

Biohistory. Read it.

science only makes falsifiable predictions on natural matters, it's not truth. i'm just being pedantic, though

>psychology
>science

Well there's the problem

"TRUTH"
truth is a construct

*creationists

which means all of them.

It's our best idea of what's true based on empirical study and the process of conjecture and refutation.

PhD Philosopher of Science

retard, the scientific method can only help you determine was is not true. It's just a process of positing hypothesis, then experimenting to see if it is falsifiable and if so in what way. It's a process of elimination. Science can tell you that the universe is not any younger than 13billion years, but it can't tell you that the universe is 13 billion years old. Scientific facts are nothing but propositions which have yet to be discredited and/or refined.

WTF I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE NOW

Inevitably leftists will become broadly known as anti-science.

Haha, Bazinga!

They have been since Popper showed Marxism to be meaningless pseudoscience

>Science is truth and it is fact... when it comes to the hard sciences.

no it isn't.

Science is a methodology. Virtually all scientific philosophers have pointed out that there is no such thing as truth or facts or objectivity in Science. That is merely the goal, not the result. Science produces data. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it isn't. Hard Science, as you call it, deals with empirical subjects that can be tested repeatedly. Psychology, in any of its forms, is not science. It isn't science b/c you cannot use the scientific method with psychology. You can get consistent results, great results, very important results in psychology, but that doesn't make it science. Nor does it need to be. It's unfortunate OP's article does not address the real issues with this topic, just feminist bullshit.

plato.stanford.edu/entries/scientific-objectivity/

>wow what the fuck you don't think your country should cripple itself to be more environmentally conscious?
>are you some kind of science denying conspiracy theorist who thinks climate change isn't real at all?

fucking jews man

Fug is this all it takes for liberals to turn on MUH SCIENCE?

>Truth: Holocaust did happen
>Science: Holocaust did not happen
Oy vey

Posted less than 24 hours earlier

Ah the good old pessimistic meta-induction principle.

As an actively researching scientist, it's obvious that science does not equate truth in the philosophical sense.

The rest is garbage, though.

Especially the closing bit

>It’s time to turn the tables on this debate. Rather than leaning in and trying endlessly to prove our humanity and value, people like him should have to prove that our inferiority is the problem. Eliminate structural biases in education, health care, housing, and salaries that favor white men and see if we fail.

How about you do that rather than asking someone else to do it?

>scientific literature still supports a patriarchal view that ranks a man’s intellect above a woman’s
>literally facts and evidence are misogynistic
And this is where the camel's back breaks, im fucking done with this bullshit forever. No more sympathy to Liberal scum.

We track truth through predictive capacity in the empirical sciences. GR is truer than Newtonian Mechanics is truer than Aristotlian Physics. Truth is only approximate due to the uncertainty implicit with inductive reasoning not to mention the problem of perceptions.

We get actual truth in Mathematics since it's not based empirical observation.

Man, they're really going for it
archive.is/JPNew

>Received the LGBT+ Physicist award

So is that like the Nobel prize but braver?

I think they would mostly just bash them in the head if they got lippy for most of human history.

>SJWs turning on science

Ruh roh.

>We get actual truth in Mathematics since it's not based empirical observation.
All observations are empirical :^)

care to elaborate? I'm not familiar with that concept. A quick google led me to a guy named Laudan but not much depth to the wiki article.

You obviously can have psych theories that have predictive capacity cf it IS science

EVERY FUCKING TIME

Just another Ph'd fucker whos whole life is revolved around cold numbers and calculations, so that when racism pops up they are immediately against it because it is completely foreign to their being. Said example from the piece is a astrophysicist.

Why do you think deductive proofs (which constitutes mathematics) are based on observation?

Nah they're trying to get us to be science deniers. Hoping to throw us into another dark age.

>Sup Forums denies climate change despite overwhelming scientific evidence because daddy Trump says it's a hoax
>A woman on the internet says science is not necessarily truth, Sup Forums rushes to point out she's wrong

>that suggest women have different brains.
They do. Men and women have different brains. This is not news. Why would we have the same brains? It makes no sense to claim we would.

I'm not sure what you're asserting? Do you simply perceive the numbers?

you get proof in mathematics, which is different than truth.

truth requires an objective reality to test against and we have no idea how to observe something from that perspective, if it is a perspective.

yes, you can certainly quibble with what I said, but you cannot disagree. For example,

is there a difference between these numbers:

>0.0000000000000000000000000000001
>0.00000000000000000000000000000001

the answer should be yes and no. both are practically 0. its almost irrelevant to make a distinction unless you're working with something that requires that absurd level of precision, but to the normal person or the architect, you aren't really going to ever need to be that precise. but there is a big difference between precision and truth, especially since we don't really know what truth is.

!!!

We've been proved wrong every time before why think we are right now?

PS the pessimistic meta induction fails through the problem of induction a la Hume. It is not a proof!

Also
>leftists have to attack the concepts of peer-review to ignore this Google memo's points
>leftists simultaneously say CLIMATE SCIENCE IS SETTLED, and 93% OF SCIENTISTS AGREE ABOUT SOMETHING SO IT'S TRUE

K

>It's subjective and heavily influence by social/cultural bias.
And then very good statistical models are applied to make its findings reliable, accurate, and trustworthy. It's not all just whims and feelings.

the universities are in very real danger of becoming intellectual wastelands because of 'activists' like this cunt.

posthumanism a guide for the perplexed is a book that touches on a lot of these issues. pretty good read.

>Sup Forums denies climate change despite overwhelming scientific evidence
What was average Co2 ppm in past 2 million years?
What is it today?

March for science, w-wait no science is mean.

prediction is not science, i've read this hundreds of times before and it is simply not true. it's so prevalant in "science" that it's often called "Non-Operational Science" but that is a clever attempt to mask the broader demarcation of science.

Either you follow the scientific method to achieve data or you do not. bypassing repeatability by prediction might be great for coming closer to some historical data or series of events, but it should never be conflated with science.

Where is a full copy of the memo?

What a windbag...

wtf just because men and womens brains are different doesnt mean their IQ is lower because of it.

In fact I would say there tend to be more prenatal testosterone anomalies regarding males since they have a lower tipping point of being born on the autism spectrum(more exposure to testosterone), therefor more males tend to have an abnormally higher IQ. I'm not sure the statistics are about IQ in men vs women though.

In the memo he did mention that IQ etc differs among races and genders, but didnt specifically get into it as I assume that leads down the path of race realism which is waaaay too hardcore to send out to sjw at google

assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3914586/Googles-Ideological-Echo-Chamber.pdf

This

The more politicized an area of academia becomes, the less I trust its emerging 'consensus'.

As soon as a science or humanities become political, run back to the old books as quickly as you can, before they're removed from academic circulation forever.

I'm not saying old books always 100% right on (obviously many aren't), but efforts to conceal/replace knowledge should be noticed by everyone.

She's a left wing ideologue in academia. Pathetic.

Liberals love science... unless they are looking at gender difference or racial differences. Or showing that GMOs aren't unhealthy.

>scientific method can only help you determine was is not true.
>It's just a process of positing hypothesis, then experimenting to see if it is falsifiable
>It's a process of elimination
>Scientific facts are nothing but propositions which have yet to be discredited and/or refined
Did you learn that from your Imam at Islamic philosophy class or was it the gender studies course?

I always preferred to use violence. Where my /wifebeaters/ at?

>As an actively researching scientist, it's obvious that science does not equate truth in the philosophical sense.
Can you help me understand... If I do this and it does that, and I do this that causes that every time, then this does that is true.

Was listening to NPR the other day. They mentioned that Eugenics has been debunked for years. Later that day I looked for evidence of their claim and found absolutely nothing other than ethical objections.
Liberals love science as much as it agrees with their point of view and no further than that.

I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE! 97% OF SCIENTISTS AGREE

he's right.. science is just another jewish trick that obscures the true nature and meaning of our experience.

>Was listening to NPR the other day. They mentioned that Eugenics has been debunked for years.
I thought Trump was defunding that leftist propaganda.

The only "science" they believe in is >muh global warming gib carbon credit shekels

Maybe I'm being retarded but I don't understand why Hume's induction problem would disprove "pessimistic meta induction". Doesn't Hume posits a similar thing? That you can never quite prove X is true but that X is LIKELY to be true.

You're cruelty matches that of Stalin and Mao

Hmmm really gets the ol' noggin joggin

You're extrapolating. You've formed a good pattern but have no way of being 100% sure that the next time you do this it will still do that.

Wow powerful stuff

Read conjectures and refutations and get back to me kiddo.

Prediction is the demarcation between a theory being a candidate for having some truth in it. Next step test, then corroborate, if it has more empirical content (predictive capacity) than its competitors then you should believe it for now.

This is basic stuff. Are you a philosophy autodidact?

t. brainlet

scientific method
noun
noun: scientific method; plural noun: scientific methods

a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

>PEER-REVIEWED DOESN'T MEAN CORRECT
>How dare you quote the Bell Curve! Don't you know it wasn't PEER-REVIEWED?!

Goddamnit this world is pissing me off so fucking much these days

Not saying that I agree with killing people based on genetic characteristics. Just saying that I've seen no evidence suggesting that selective breeding wouldn't work in human populations. If we could find the genes responsible for intelligence we could start experimenting with altering those particular genes with CRISPR.

damn... that sure got my synapses firing