I'm not American and I only just entered my 20s so I definitely didn't "feel" 9/11...

I'm not American and I only just entered my 20s so I definitely didn't "feel" 9/11, especially in comparison to Americans or people who are a bit older than me.

My question is -- how long was 9/11 milked for? More specifically, what was the intensity of the milking and how long did it last for after it occurred? As far as I know, the 2002 Oscars in March had a whole tribute to 9/11 and that was an entire 6 months after it happened.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_anthrax_attacks
twitter.com/AnonBabble

still being milked to this day 16 years later

>tfw 13 when 9/11 happened
>tfw people you interact on this site didn't even exist yet
God damn I am so ooooooooooooooold

Since you were definitely old enough to experience this, would you be able to give insight and follow up on my questions?

Sure. Fire away.

this

there was lots of anxiety in the air. some douche also sent ricin to multiple government agencies within a month after. it was pure fear for at least 3 months straight.

it was anthrax not ricin and it was a week after

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_anthrax_attacks

Guliani milked 9/11 for years, him being mayor when it happened was basically his whole campaign when he ran for president. Bush and company were the same way in 2004, vote for us or we might all die, etc. It only really started to fade from the general conscious after the first year anniversary. At that point everyone was more focused on Afghanistan and then Iraq.

I was 30 when it happened. Still remember that day very clearly. For years afterwards the "war on terror" was promoted by the Bush Jr. administration but there was a lot of lefty pushback against it too. Normal people only started to get cynical about it all when no WMDs were found and the Iraq war dragged on pointlessly forever.

IT'S STILL BEING MILKED
'post 9/11 world' stupid fucking phrase

11 yo during 9/11 saw many people use their shitty religion and the event to acquire social influence and sell stupid fucking products

It's a moment in life I won't forget. Akin to what my dad said JFK assassination was like. Etched into eternity, I was 16 and in precalculus our teacher made us take an exam before he turned on the tv on because he knew shit wouldnt get done for weeks. By the afternoon more than half the students had left school because so many ppl were freaking out. This was in TN not a major city. Post 9-11 was patriotism to the max.

I would have been 3 when it happened and i remember it being milked until I was well into middle school maybe 7th or 8th grade.

I was rather young but basically my mentality changed instantly to all Muslims need to be glassed ASAP and hasn't changed

we used to have freedom unknown in today's world... Imaging no TSA DHS surveillance state.

I was 28 on 9/11 the country is so much worse for the serfs and so much better for the masters since the great inside jew job

It didn't feel like it was being milked, it was a really terrible tragedy and really got people feeling patriotic for a while, but then again i was just a dumb kid

I woke up to the Muslim problem in '89 when the fuckers were jumping around on Parliament Hill screaming about "The Satanic Verses"... in the 80s Islam had been regarded as a bit of a joke in mass culture so their domestic militancy took a lot of people by surprise.

This

89 is when i was born... in what way do i kill myself?

>My question is -- how long was 9/11 milked for?
Honestly, I'm not entirely sure it ever stopped. At a minimum it continued through Bush's presidency with the Patriot Act and into Obomber's when he gutted the 4th amendment.

It was really, really serious. Like, people were not fucking around. It was weird, I normally don't go out by myself after dark, but I felt totally safe doing it then, because you could just feel that nobody was going fuck with you. People stopped doing normal things, I worked for a small business at the time, and all our work dried up overnight, I lost my job.

fpbp. came here to say this.

TV was nothing but 9/11 coverage all day, every day, for weeks. Including shit like MTV. It was weird.

I'm an Eastern Euro immigrant, and although my parents loved America, they didn't love it as much as that next day. I woke up to my entire street filled with American flags and 4 on my front windows.
I also remember a couple years later when Iraq popped off I was in highschool studying world history. I was pretty blue pilled and was trying to make Islam seem ok, my dad stopped the car on the highway and made me get out about a mile from the exit. Walked another 6 miles home.

I remeber paranoid spread even to my city, I got picked up from school and I remember most people just crying and generally scared for whatever could come next.
I think most of this feeling came because it was technically a new thing (terrorism), and it was damn impresive to see 2 planes crashing into 2 giant buildings, then watch people jump to death for hours until the buildings collapsed, it was like some sick horror movie that everyone was forced to watch. Shit is still one of the most impresive things I've seen in my life.

It still is. it's what cemented the hate for muslims forever. Generally before 9/11 no one really cared about Muslims or the middle east. One false flag later and we're programmed for Israel.

Muslims have given us lots more legitimate reasons to dislike them ever since 9/11.

I was too stupid to comprehend it at the time.

It happened, I felt nothing, just another thing on TV I'm not even sure if it's real or not. Everyone else around me is shocked. Girls crying, everyone talking about it at school. I didn't care. It never clicked with me. I don't know if I was just too stupid to understand (I was still a kid) or I just lacked the kind of emotional connections and empathy everyone else around me had.

p.s. thanks for making me care about shit Sup Forums, if it weren't for this place I probably would've grown up into a beta cucked numale.

What did you expect to happen when they're framed and get 6 countries invaded, one with 1,000,000 civilians killed. They would love us? I'm not excusing them but I can't excuse us either. When the chips are down this all leads to Jews.

We had trouble with Muzzies long before 9/11.

Patriot Act
Department of Homeland Security
Warrantless Surveillance (National Security Letters)
Maximum TSA contractors (they aren't even federal employees!) at airports in every city
Authorization for Use of Military Force
Pointless Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan
Regime Change in Libya
Continued support for Saudi terrorism

And that's just the stuff directly linked to the 9/11 response. The strategic "pivot to Asia" in response to this enabled US corruption on a scale previously unheard of.

I SAW WTC7 FALL LIVE ON TV.

FOLLOWING THE DEMOLITION, THEY INSTANTLY SWITCHED FRAMES & TOPICS, NEVER SPEAKING OR AIRING IT AGAIN.
I KNEW THEN

WTC7
47 STORIES TALL
FALLS STRAIGHT DOWN,
IN ENTIRETY, SYMMETRICALLY
AT NEAT FREE FALL SPEEDS

>hmm

Such as?

Pre-modern history aside, things were relatively quiet up until Western meddling in the Middle East.

Islam only ceased to be a problem for the West (after about a thousand years of trying to take over Europe) when the West became strong enough to confront it directly -- e.g. when the Marines defeated the Barbary Pirates. Their religion tells them to conquer the world for their faith and that has never changed. It is actually possible to dislike more than one ethnic group at the same time, you know.

Growing up in the 90s the world felt safe, everybody used to talk about us heading towards a world without war and conflict, then 9/11 happened and it's all been downhill from there.

Wake up, anons
>inb4 shills

It was the perfect excuse to make the surveillance state business as usual (for our own good of course). I don't think they'll ever let us forget.