Australians to the fore if North Korea conflict erupts

"Australians to the fore if North Korea conflict erupts"

>archive.is/ObE1X

>If there is war on the Korean Peninsula, Australia will be involved from day one. We are a party to the ceasefire that brought a halt to the Korean War in 1953.

>There was never a peace treaty at the end of this war, just a ceasefire. If hostilities resume, we are a combatant principal and legally bound to respond. Australia has always had a very small number of soldiers involved in supervising the ludicrously misnamed demilitarised zone between North Korea and South Korea.

>The technical intelligence facilities in Australia certainly would be involved in support of US missile strikes and as part of the allied missile warning system.

>But the ANZUS Treaty would be invoked and the US would expect that in very short order Australian ships, planes and personnel would be on their way to help, perhaps indeed to provide assistance in a relief operation.

>US Defence Secretary Jim Mattis has said renewed conflict on the Korean Peninsula would be “tragic on an unbelievable scale”.

>Analysts believe tens of thousands would be killed in the first days of conflict. Malcolm Turnbull is right to say it would have “catastrophic consequences”.

>The past 36 hours have seen the most dangerous ratcheting up of rhetoric in decades. North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong-un, through his army threatened to attack the US military base at Guam. This provoked an extraordinary response from Donald Trump, who told reporters: “North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States. They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen.” These are unprecedented comments from a US president and potentially introduce a highly dangerous new variable.

Well done, brother. Have a bump. If I could enlist and fight in Guam, I'd sign up tomorrow

bye bye guys :D

We have zero power projection, we aren't doing shit, lmao.

Fucking sweet. We'll have sick bantz in the foxholes lets do this shit one last time

We're obligated to.

Well if straya swoop in its going to be chinks vs gook so who cares eh

Looks like we'll just have to shitpost our way out of this one.

Australia needs a missile defence shield.

Kim was educated in CIA boarding schools. He works for the USA. North Korea is a Psy Op.
He just does what they tell him to do.

what did he mean by this?

Remember when that Russian fighter plane was shot down by Turkey and nothing happened? Remember the response to Russia annexing Crimea? Remember the French president constantly bombing the middle east in retaliation to attacks on France? Remember the cold war? These events did not lead to a catastrophe on a global scale; how are two countries exchanging banter supposed to signify global war? World wars start via invasions or assassinations of country leaders, not two head of States flexing at each other. It's a pathetic state of affairs.

I'm not a citizen. I applied for the army a week ago but denied because of my residency status. Wondering how I could get involved if a war breaks out?

maybe you could fuck off to your home country?

hahaha must suck for those in the army rn

you better watch it cunt, or we'll nuke you into oblivion.

>north korea
>invading australia
They can hardly fucking feed themselves man.

Based Aussies have always been our true greatest ally. My Grandfather fought the Japanese alongside the ANZACS in WW2.

That's the price of our nuclear brolley, when the Yanks get attacked we have to fight for them, regardless of whether they attack themselves or not.

thank god, all these shitposters will gone.

Fuck off we're full

(You) have to come back

>trump losing public support
>war in middle east lost all support
>Americans focusing on own internal issues
>suddenly, north korea has gone from having short range missiles to being close to arming ICBMs with nuclear warheads, all over the span of A FEW MONTHS
>threatening to attack Guam, technically American soil, but few lives lost and no damage caused (WTF)
>doing this would get NK glassed, Kim Jong would lose absolutely everything, willingly giving away ultimate power
>wouldn't have ANYWHERE in the world to go
>americucks actually think this is legitimate

Nah fuck off I will

Who cares if it's legit or not. Kim is a dirty commie that's all I need to know.

Damn, sure would be a shame if all the Aussie posters here died in nuclear hellfire.

Can some one please find a list of all the Countries who'll help America and be our Allies in a possible Korean War: 2. Please all the Countries. Thank You.

You want to enlist to be the first casualty via nuke?
Just ask to be shipped to Japan anywhere but Tokyo.

Says who? The media that has spent the last few decades telling you blatant lies?

I'm not so sure about that, personally. I think that all foreigners should fuck off... But if they're putting their lives on the line for us, is it different?

Would North Korea consider us Australia 2.0, therefor making us a target as well?

Oh cmon, there's infinite evidence for the crimes against humanity perpetuated by the Kim dynasty. We have far greater justification to invade the North than we have had for entering any war since WW2.

How the fuck did NK get so far on nukes if it's true? Who's fucking helping NK?

If you look at the map of their missiles we are out of range due to the curvature of the earth.

Can't wait to see some Australian field banter!

>Straya
Finally a deployment with hot asian strippers

No we're not. They have finished making missiles that are within range of Australia and the US.

(this picture is from 2015, it's now 2017 and several successful launches since).

We've been schocktroopers for our friends overseas since WWI, big deal. Maybe I'll even enlist if we get our army under competent command

I like australian posts. Not as based as european or american, but far better than Canada.

I don't know honestly what's wrong with Canada. They always attacku me when I say right wing stuff.

I come here because it's the only place where I can practice English and open myself about my ideologies.

Based NORFORCE, also checked

>An actual jap
>on Sup Forums
Not buying it, Marine.

I think NK is doing this so China has to deal with an increased U.S. military presence, something which they may be able to use as a bartering chip.

Cmon Kim, just nuke this jew controlled shit hole already.

It'll be over before you get out of basic

oy very, should I hop a train to central australia?

>Those digits don't lie

Welcome to the fight, soldier.

No, pretty sure there is a military base target there too.

>norks talk shit endlessly for years
>gets angry letters

Trump talks shit back and everyone loses their mind

Why is the world so full of pussys

Holy shit, make this guy a meme. Someone paste his head on the front of an ICBM.

>mfw there's a military base less than 2km away.

Ill kill the fat fuck myself.

>mfw australia has no missile defence program for our country, not even mobile missile defence for millitary bases.

I'm an Aussie in America

What should I do if war breaks out?

pretty the big red button that sends nukes to nk

Thats not true, we have a top tier navy by world standards and long range bombers.

>no missile defence program

It's on our defence white paper procurement list, in the meantime we gotta rely on our Anzacs and 1 Hobart class for anti-missile defence.

We can provide Hornets for air strikes from SK bases and ships/subs

Special forces too

kill kim jung-un china can install another person whoever they like we don't want the clay.

If we get THAAD, it's not enough. Thaad covers 200km, it's for short to medium missile defence.

I don't know what is proposed on the white paper but who says it'll even go through in time?

>long range bombers.

We don't have F-111s anymore m8

just free the families kim jung un has enslaved in the camps.

Well, we're not getting GBI. So we're not getting an ICBM capable system.

I wouldn't mind having a THAAD battery or two for when the Indos get riled up.

I live next to one of Australia's largest power stations. I am 100% going to be hit.
>yfw your power goes out and then your entire house implodes

Holy FUCK! that is a spicy gook!

Ship AR-15s and ammo to Australia.

>I wouldn't mind having a THAAD battery or two for when the Indos get riled up.

see

Apparently those things could strike Indonnesia and come back without refueling. That was a nice strategic purchase.

Nigga it's good enough for me. Just plonk one down at my house.

Amazing aircraft, only downside was the high maintenance requirements

That's about all it's good for. Putting it in the one place you want to defend and that's the only place that will be safe.

Need something a bit better for our whole country I think.

THAAD isn't enough for ICBMs, but it is enough for IRBMs and down. It can do area coverage too, so we could feasibly place a few outside Brisbane, Townsville, and so on.

I'm at a loss as to why America isn't selling land based SM-3s.

Didn't we replace them with better shit when we phased them out?

What would be some good nork war booty to capture?

It would be a good Idea to stop North Korea.

We currently have none in that class as far as I've read, they are waiting for the next USA bomber of that class to chip in and buy their own apparently which is happening some time in the future.

If we developed our own nukes we wouldn't have to rely on the U.S. for protection and waste of our lives in their pointless wars

LOL, I'm too old to get drafted and I have no sons. Feels good man!

about fucking time we lit up some slopes again desu

WWWWWWWAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSS

Judging by the rational being used in this thread, any country that fought by your side in Korea in the 60s.

Okay Kim

That BHP is fucking aesthetic as fuark brah

Australia is supposed to be a "nuclear capable country"

We signed the nuclear proliferation treaty but we have a research into nuclear and have the resources to make it here in Australia.

God bless you for this.

Haha Auckland is gone, It's obvious now that this is what Kim's objective was all along.

Fuck those 2 Abo's holding guns look smart, the one behind him looks like he's been sniffing the fumes from the boats gas tank...again.

we have no plans like that, it's F-35s and drones long term

That's a fantasy. We're not a self-sufficient country, we're a pseudo-state of the American empire and it's a damn good deal for us.

Fuck off yank cunt, we hate you. I hope you get incinerated by gooks.

Spoken like a true americuck

It's nice of the Yank to point out the floors in the M16 design and why It jams all the time.

Hey Kim, Israel said you're a fat cunt

>(((Crimes against humanity)))
>WW2 was justified.
Get fuuuuuucked.

lol now they will have to visit anzac graves 2 times annually

The cucking and shilling is strong in this thread

>bad guy says I'm going to hurt you
>potus says "Stop talking shit, or you're going to get hit"
>These are unprecedented comments from a US president and potentially introduce a highly dangerous new variable.

Straya is full of pussies. NK isn't going to back down or apologize. It's like dealing with a prison inmate. They're not going to respond to reason, only strength.

you're alright mate just don't let any refugees in, japan is for the japanese and should stay that way