Study: Married men are happier and live longer than those who are not

How do (((MGTOW))) reddit shills and bitter /r9k/ permavirgins explain this?

ifstudies.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/IFSMenandMarriageResearchBrief2.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6ul-cZyuYq4
youtube.com/watch?v=IAnQDMeBQAc
youtube.com/watch?v=4Ed89wHzzPE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I wonder who is pushing propaganda against marriage

>Social science confirms that marriage confers enormous benefits for men’s wallets, for their sex life, and for their physical and mental health. Yet too many men still believe in the ball and chain myth, viewing marriage as an expensive encumbrance on their freedom and their sex lives. These views are ubiquitous in popular culture, and this has undoubtedly had adverse consequences for men’s aspirations to marriage.

Married men live 17 years longer than single men

>its another episode of assravaged females trying to convince us to marry them

Nobody cares about ugly /r9k/ permavirgin omega males this is about normal people who might fall for (((mgtow))) reddit propaganda

reverse jew:
marriage has been set up as a method of killing white productivity and identity in today's world
this is why mgtow is being shilled so hard by jews as a jew shill
fucking reverse jew
niggers
kill all jews

i wonder who is pushing propaganda towards the current state of marriage which enslaves white men
that's like saying "yes we should drink water so only drink jew's poisoned water for you"
they need us

>Studies done over the past 150 years have shown that marriage is in fact good for your health. Married men tend to live 17 years longer. So prepare yourself. If you’re a single male you could possibly die 17 years earlier than a married man. Single men have a 32% higher risk of death at an early age as compared to married men.

youtube.com/watch?v=6ul-cZyuYq4

>muh emotions, muh happiness

You sound like liberal. R/eddit is that way

>Approximately 82% of men who are not quite sociable have a increased risk of dying as a result of heart disease. Moreover, men who have never gotten marries are 3 times more likely to die due to some form of cardiovascular disease.

>Marriage is enslavement
*tips fedora*

Why are you so bitter?

"live"

TFM has made a video responding to these sorts of studies :

youtube.com/watch?v=IAnQDMeBQAc

TLDR :

Most of these studies consider divorced men and men who want to get married but are unabled to be within the category of "not married" therefore diluting the pool of men who are able to get married but choose not to.

Nice try permavirgin but married men have a much lower risk of depression and mental health issues.

>Married men have a much lower risk of suffering from depression and are more likely to have a happy healthy retirement.

>implying I want to live longer

Please post more of these this is hilarious

Married men also have a much lower suicide rate

>Better Sex Lives
According to the National Health and Social Life Survey, 51 percent of married men reported they were extremely satisfied with their sex lives, compared to 39 percent of cohabiting men and 36 percent of single men.

this is a pro mgtow graph lol

>divorced suicide rate higher than never married
>near half of all marriages end in divorce

do the math.

In a different world, I wouldn't have a problem pursuing a life-long romantic relationship and possibly getting married, but as of right now, in our gynocentric society, it is simply a terrible economic choice:

>Duluth model exists
>False rape accusations exist
>common law marriage exists
>Man has no reproductive rights, must pay child support, possibly to a child that isn't his
>50% of marriages end in divorce
>70% of divorces are initiated by women
>Upon divorce, man typically loses half his assets
>Upon divorce, man may have to pay alimony
>Upon divorce, man typically loses custody of kids and pays child support
>Some of these liabilities cannot be discharged in bankruptcy

All this shit on top of the fact that only maybe 1% of women are marriage material (meaning that the woman you are marrying is very likely going to be shit even after vetting her for years) makes marriage a very stupid decision if you value financial security.

>t. single mom who got dumped by Chad and wants to leech off of someone

>it is simply a terrible economic choice

Nice (((MGTOW))) propaganda

>A growing body of research, both in the United States and other developed countries, finds that married men earn between 10 and 40 percent more than otherwise comparable single men.
>Troughout their lives, men who stay married are in much better financial shape than their peers who divorced, or those who never married in the first place

Found the ugly undateable bitter sexually frustrated virgin. This thread isn't about you. You are never going to have sex anyway.

Married men earn more because they have higher financial burdens and thus have to, otherwise they'd find themselves in the divorced category.

That 10-40% more income doesn't belong to the husband though. Actually, none of it does. The bitch controls the finances and spends most of it.

A single man earning 10-40% less gets to keep 100% of what he makes, while a married man gets to spend 0% of it on himself.

I don't see the issue with being a loner. There is a difference between not wanting friends and not being able to get friends.

I like to do my own thing. I goto the gym, have a select friend group, get invited to parties and such but don't normally go, it's just not my thing.

I have a girlfriend that i eventually want to marry but right now we are just getting on our feet.

I'm perfectly contempt.

The study if flawed. It doesn't include Divorced and Widowed men, which tend to die the earliest.

Male suicides usually are men who just get divorced, and they aren't counted as married. This should counted for married men, but it gets counted for single-men.

A lot of men who are divorced are also worked into an early grave since they have to work more hours just to pay for alimony and child support.

More:
youtube.com/watch?v=4Ed89wHzzPE

Found the ugly delusional virgins who don't understand how partnerships and building a life with someone works. You bitter incels are so out of touch with the real world. Do you spend every single day in a basement masturbating your little dicks to tranny hentai? How is it possible for an adult to have such poor perception of reality is it legit autism?

Gee i wonder who's behind these posts.

Thank you for your service. 1 blacked.com subscription has been deposited to your account courtesy of r/mgtow and the roosh forums

Partnerships are built on a common goal wherein progress towards that offsets general negative side-effects inherent in dealing with other people.

The reality is, that in the past marriage and building a family was a proposition for men that delivered a tangible return and potential improvement in lifestyle.

Today, the environment is different, there is no necessity in this intimate partnership for a good lifestyles.

In fact, the costs and risk of such a proposition have been steadily increasing up to a point that men who would have otherwise been attracted to marriage will now find it too risky to participate.

It all gets to be too much sometimes. Get married have children. I don't understand why people are so against it.

Look at the 50's and even before that. People got married young and stayed married.

My grandparents are still married and luckly still alive. They've been married for over 75yrs.

I've resigned myself to be MGTOW and die alone just out of sheer self-hatred

>sign shittiest contract with the 2 shittiest parties that exist (WOMAN/STATE)
>try to force everyone else into the hell you created with all kinds of twisted, abusive and convoluted logic

Yea... eat a dick you fucking retard.

Many of the "not married"s used to be married.

No surprise, when you go your own way you can live comfy and eat like a king.

You know the study if flawed, and you'd rather lie to push a false narrative which will destroy the lives of men.

If you want to fix marriage and get rid of MGTOW all you have to do is take women's rights away.

Blaming a Symptom instead of the Cause won't solve anything. MGTOW is men reacting to the shitty situation being put on them, and it will only grow from here unless Gynocentrism is stopped.

Is that pedobear under his birthday boy sign?

>t. masochist

House cats live longer than cats who can go outside.

Single men arn't getting more cancer they're probably rock climbing, sailing and impregnating the married guys wives.

They lump divorced men into the unmarried category.

So you only have the succesful marriages counting into the pro-marriage statistics. While the 50% of guys who have been divorced are fucking miserable because their ex has them by the balls.

>Flag
Checks out.

Why would normal people fall for it if it wasn't true? After all it's only the ugly betas who can't get laid, right?

I'm certain you don't have a vested interest in this Mr. Goldberg. I'm sure your law firm represents both men and women fairly in the court.

Pay close attention to how MGTOW people have actual facts and statistics and TradCons only have shaming tactics to defend their failed Cultural Marxist dystopia.

Modern Traditionalism is Right-Wing Feminism.

we had the same thread with the same pic few hours ago

Women then aren't the same women as now you idiot.

Holy fucking shit my sides what fucking kike put all this together

And wow all it is, is "look goyim, men who get married are usually more successful, you want to be successful don't you?"

This is retarded as shit, how the fuck can you be stupid enough to see how men who get married tend to earn lots of money and think that means getting married will mean you earn lots of money

Jesus Christ it's worse than the old anti weed ads where they say it causes depression and anxiety just because people with depression and anxiety tend to use it more

Not an argument you fucking dumb kike, correlation does not equal causation

These men would have been even better off had they never gotten married

>Blaming the Symptom, not the Disease

I believe in traditionalism

But I believe that means restoring the laws to what they were when it actually encouraged people to be traditional and monogymous

All these fucking dumb cuck retards "lol bro just get married and nut in a hoe it's the only thing u can do to save the white race, never mind the feminist laws that destroyed the family"

Cool just don't join some cringy virginity cult on reddit in order to rationalize your sexual failure and try to convince people that you are a virgin by choice and they should join you

I believe it is. Well caught, Sir.

If your wife doesn't divorce you by time you die, she's probably a top lad(y).

Also people who die at 15 tend not to be married.

so what are you MGTOW faggots gonna do to save the white race ?
conquer asian pucci ?

Why do you reddit (((mgtow))) shills lie so much? No they didn't read the study it's 4 pages long even a manchild with ADD can read it

Women are the same, it's just they had culture, religion, and laws restricting them from their Hypergamy.

You know it's true, only blue pilled normie fucktards who bang lots of women seem to be the ones naive enough to think marriage is a good idea

But they still get totally fucked over. I've seen it with my own eyes enough.

That doesn't mean I'm even close to a virgin though, you faggot

You fucking retarded kike, your pathetic, you can't convince hundreds of millions of white men to go cuck themselves just in hopes to save the white race

You have to undo the laws that causes the massive drop in birthrates across all western society. You have to get rid of feminism. But go ahead, just cuck yourself under our cucked legislation, you're really red pilled

I'm not getting married.

There is literally a financed concerted effort to get men to ignore feminism and go ahead and cuck themselves any way

Holy mother of fuck lmao you shills are pathetic, literally on the payroll of feminism and kikes

What in the everloving fuck is going on

/thread

>h-haha t-this thread wasn't about you anyway y-you v-virgin

Notice I keep saying "Modern Traditionalism".

Old-school Traditionalism is wonderful as long as women don't have rights. If we had Old-school Traditionalism there wouldn't be a MGTOW movement, and most people who are MGTOW today would happily be married.

Traditionalism is toothless and completely ineffective when Feminism rules.

Modern Traditionalists haven't realized their system is fucking retarded, and doesn't work if women have rights. You're at the mercy of mentally deranged women who have been trained they are Princesses by the Media and told they are Empowered, and men are evil by the Education system/society.

Men have NO authority in today's world, and therefore Modern Traditionalism is a fucking joke.

There's loads of benefits to men's health by being married, in fact there's loads of benefits in other areas as well.

Men don't go their own way because of the lack of benefits of marriage, those are plentiful.

They go their own way because if the marriage falls apart they'll be ruined, and that's not a reasonable risk to balance against the benefits of marriage.

>near half of all marriages end in divorce
i never got this retarded statistic, the only other fucking option is death

"Modern traditionalist" to me just sounds like you're referring to modern people who believe in traditionalism.

But I guess there are two kinds, the absolute cucks like the ones in this thread who say no laws should change and you should just act the way people did under different legislature, or actual traditionalists like me who want to undo some feminist laws if not all, to encourage people to become traditional for an actual fucking reason

Lmao

That's only if you include divorced men in the same group as never married men.

counterstudy:

>>divorced suicide rate higher than never married

11 times higher for men than women, on average, of course

>like me

What have you done so far?

Ow look. Since the divorce rate is about 50% that means that the average rate of suicide for men who marry is exactly the same as for those that don't.

Bad sampling. 70% of marriages fail. Women initiate divorce 90% of the time. In order to get longevity data, you have to look at an older population, most likely WWII gen. Grandma, is not like the soul sucking 3rd wave feminist slooots around today. Of course a man would die happy with a traditional feminine wife. However, those are a dying breed. I am really excited to see these stats 20-30 years from now.

Voiced my opinion that we need to change laws instead of ignoring them and cucking ourselves recklessly

But Sup Forums never listens, probably because most of you are autistic cucks who couldn't get laid if you believed women shouldn't have rights, and you can't handle that

MGTOW is a cancer for the white race, that's true. But the real problem are feminism and anti-male divorce laws making marriage a suicidal choice, sometimes it literally leads to suicide.

Yeah mother of god in a few decades it will be awful

Older people are only sticking together because they grew up in a totally different world and don't see so much how it's changed so radically

Everyone getting married and having kids now is getting fucking cucked at fucking light speed, it's insane

Yes it's the men that are the problem. Damn MGTOW doomed muh western civilization. If only they manned up and went back to the plantation like they're supposed to.

If you control for various factors, such as prior partners, education (as a proxy for intelligence), family background (i.e. not from a broken home), religion, race, and so on, the 50% divorce rate is much lower.

it seems that increase in number of this threads is caused by large number of females nearing 30s

The issue is Traditionalists who view MGTOW as the Enemy, instead of just saying "No" to Women.
Most Traditionalists are more afraid of telling their own Women "No", and would rather star wars with other men to shift the blame.

Things will never get better until men finally grow some balls and say "No" to women.

*star = start

>would rather star wars with other men
I would star wars with other man on any occasion

Or we just ask them to sign that prenup and if they say no take yourself elsewhere.
Hell, if I get an Eastern European wife, she won't even understand what the prenup is until it's too late.

If anything it is like a Metastasized cancer. The original cells are Feminism and it's laws.

>How do (((MGTOW))) reddit shills and bitter /r9k/ permavirgins explain this?
Ok here it goes point by point:
>Money:
Married men have to make more to satisfy their wife and provide for their children. They probably also work longer hours than single men.
>Risk of divorce:
Not much to say here. It's about 40-50%. Mostly because the actual marriage rate is also down so people that might end up divorced don't marry or just cohabitate.
>Sex life
Includes divorced men, single by choice and single not by choice in the same category.
>Health
Same problem as sex life. Also only focuses on men aged 20-39. If the group was older more married men might think differently.

here I fixed that for you.

Who gives a fuck? It was an unsuccessful attempt at culling our numbers. Only the most fattest, deformed freaks with horrible social skills will never get the opportunity to have sex and reproduce. No reason to pay attention to them

MGTOW isn't a philosophy, it's a strategy designed to accomplish specific goals. Once monogamy is restored to its rightful status MGTOW will no longer be needed.

>There's loads of benefits to men's health by being married, in fact there's loads of benefits in other areas as well.

If your lucky enough to be in one of the 50% or so of marriages that work.
If you belong to the half that doesn't work then your life will be worse than if you never married.

Its a huge gamble and an enormous risk a man has to make. When you get married today all you can do is hope you are one of the lucky ones.

it's not an assravaged female, it's moarpheus, the spun-up head case

>marriage confers enormous benefits for men’s wallets
What? Men bring home most of household income but women account for something like 70% of household spending. The only way that makes sense is if the the woman is spending the man's money. The very basis of biological reproduction is that the male provides resources for the female and marriage is pretty much the civilized display of this behavior. How is this beneficial for the man's wallet? I know that married men statistically earn more money but they also work more hours so it's hardly exclusive to marriage, single men simple choose not to spend 12 hours at work. Not to mention women overwhelmingly prefer to marry rich and/or hardworking men to begin with and divorce the ones that end up bankrupt.

That's because the dysfunctional men are not desirable to women. No woman dreams of marrying a homeless man, a man with debilitating disabilities or diseases, a man with mental illnesses, a man addicted to hard drugs, a man involved in violent crime, etc. Gays who have a significantly shorter life expectancy than straight men due to AIDS and stuff are of course also off the market. Basically women are not interested in the kind of men who are likely to live short lives to begin with. If you were to look at the men that are not part of those groups, basically the ones that lived to retirement age, I'd wager that the life expectancy difference would disappear and that's not even taking into account the fact that divorced men statistically life shorter lives than single men. It is true that a successful marriage has a beneficial effect on a man's life expectancy, it's just not very easy to achieve nowadays and the benefits are nowhere close to 17 years.

>sign a prenup

It's like you just started browsing Sup Forums this week

You know nothing, you are like a baby

Actually no, as autistic as mgtow is it's just a symptom of the cancer that is feminism, it will disappear as soon as you get rid of the cancer

Marriages doesnt work because men were brainwashed into believing in all their heart that women are equal to men.They give chances to the women instead of just saying no as they would to a 5 year old child when they want to do something stupid,this registers as a sign of weakness in the woman,starting up the the bitch inside her with all the mind games and alike.
Just tell your woman no.Frequently.

RARE

Step 4 is race war

Reproducing is the easy part, just wait till the bitch takes the kids and you still have to pay for it.

The one thing that actually splits Sup Forums is MGTOW. Interesting.

And as you control for those factors you lower the total number of suitable women, which drastically increases their value. And then add in the fact that these unicorn women data across or up, and then factor in women have a bias in their assessment of men (80% are below average attractiveness) it means you need to be in the tiny few percent of men to get a decent woman.

You cannot have a broad strategy for all men to just seek the very best of women to solve the problem of high divorce rates. It's just not how numbers work.

Nah just get a really good lawyer and the feminist courts will get btfo by Shlomo
>"Look, goy, as long as you got the shekels....."

>Women then aren't the same women as now you idiot.
ok user

Its mind blowing these shills are using the most intellectually bankrupt items, all neatly and tightly packaged into such a well designed info graphic in the OP

This shit looks 100% the same to me as anti marijuana propaganda that was rolled out in the last decade saying it causes depression and shit just because depressed people use it

Fucking kikes want everyone on antidepressants instead because they can't patent weed

>just get married then spend insane amounts of money on a (((lawyer))) so that you don't get completely assfucked
Yea no.