IQ

Can "regression to the mean" be proven in terms of intelligence?

Other urls found in this thread:

thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2017/01/16/regression-to-the-mean/
emilkirkegaard.dk/en/wp-content/uploads/intelligence-a-unifying-construct-for-the-social-sciences-richard-lynn-and-tatu-vanhanen.pdf
loc.gov/rr/amed/guide/afr-countrylist.html)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes

How so?

Do a Google search. There is a ton of information on this.

thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2017/01/16/regression-to-the-mean/

Even if you want to ignore the data, basic logic and observation would tell us that it had to be the case. Otherwise, tall people mating would quickly create a race of giants in just a few generations.

Biologically speaking, there is always a "pull" toward whatever mean of the population is. IQ is 50-80% biologically determined.

This explains why all the "I'm a hand on learner, school doesn't teach the right way" Kids were retarded.

Studies have shown that environment (early nutrition, mental stimulation, lack of stress/abuse) can add around 10 IQ points. The rest is biologically determined.

Sub-Saharan blacks have an average IQ of around 68.

Blacks in the US have about 20-25% European DNA on average.

Europeans have around 100 IQ on average.

To calculate the expected IQ of someone who has 75% Sub-Saharan African DNA, 25% European DNA, and a first-world environment (+10), we would use the following formula:

86 * 0.75 + 100 * 0.25 + 10 = 86

Thus, when you do the math, based on population averages, you would expect blacks in the US to have an IQ around 86.

Surprise surprise, that's exactly what empirical data has shown to be the case.

Correction:

68 * 0.75 + 100 * 0.25 + 10 = 86

IQ is a meaningless measure.

That's exactly what I would expect a cucked Swede to say.

yawn, we have this discussion every day , and it's always some dumb clueless burger that has the biggest mouth

why don't you go to university or do something with your life instead of waste everybody's time with your idiocy online

>IQ is a meaningless measure
No, it's not.

t. psychology student

Any link to studies?

> psychology student
> IQ
Oh the ironing.

Kek it's the most replicable thing since me fucking your mom

It predicts life success like my dick predicts your mom having multiple orgasms

It is literally psychology's best-supported finding this side of your mom loving it when I stretch out her holes

yes it is, IQ is exclusively a PSYCHOLOGICAL measure. It is NOT a PHYSICAL measure, like height or weight.

and it measures the following: the ability to solve an IQ test (including the speed at which you solve it)

the creator of an IQ test can't ask questions he doesn't know the answer to (as he couldn't judge their correctness then)

2. While there may be a potential intelligence ceiling given by the brain, IQ doesn't measure that at all.IQ is also influenced by many other factors (compliance of the test taker, competence of the test creator etc.)

3. Psychologists are so ridiculously bad at math, that I wouldn't trust them to create a simple statistics, and now they want to predict intelligence lol

4. IQ is a relative measure, that means you need to define what is 100 first of all for it to make sense. IQ of 140 in relation TO WHOM? This is almost alaways missing in these graphics.

Other than that, keep going to uni, and stop taking useless courses that won't help you at all.

IQ is also a very good psychopathy indicator, because it shows the ability to KNOW WHAT THE TEST CREATOR WANTS AS AN ANSWER.

Of course people who are good at reading what other people want from them are going to be more successful.

Lynn and Vanhanen's 2012 IQ study: emilkirkegaard.dk/en/wp-content/uploads/intelligence-a-unifying-construct-for-the-social-sciences-richard-lynn-and-tatu-vanhanen.pdf

According to this source's (loc.gov/rr/amed/guide/afr-countrylist.html) definition of "sub-Saharan Africa," compounded with the above study, the average IQ is about 71.4.

This includes Mauritius, which is largely Indian in ethnic composition and has an average IQ of 88, the highest in all of Africa; Seychelles, too, contains a mix of Afro-French people (similar to the mixing in northern Africa, though not to such a great extent, as Seychellois people are still semi-dark). Take out Mauritius and Seychelles and the new average IQ is 70.8 (taking out just Mauritius results in an average of 70).

Some don't consider Sudan to be sub-Saharan; take Sudan out and the average is 70.6.

Keep telling yourself that your average score means only that you're not a psychopath and not very good at reading other people. Man.

>IQ is a meaningless measure
>hehe I meant to say it's not a physical measure

>tatu-vanhanen

Finland mentioned 5/5.

Oi,m8. Looking for a master position,too ?

IQ is the most evidentiary and replicable thing psychololgy ever produced

The guy even has my first name

>yes it is, IQ is exclusively a PSYCHOLOGICAL measure. It is NOT a PHYSICAL measure, like height or weight.
What are you, a Cartesian dualist? Unless you are, an IQ test tracks physical qualities the very same way a sprinting contest does.

>the creator of an IQ test can't ask questions he doesn't know the answer to (as he couldn't judge their correctness then)
IQ tests are standardized. That means they're not created on-the-fly by the test administrator.

>2. While there may be a potential intelligence ceiling given by the brain, IQ doesn't measure that at all.IQ is also influenced by many other factors (compliance of the test taker, competence of the test creator etc.)
Glad it makes sense to you that cognitive activity is dependent upon physical features of the brain in the same way that digestion is dependent upon physical features of the stomach. And those random effects associated with test-taking wash out when the same IQ test is administered to a large population.

>3. Psychologists are so ridiculously bad at math, that I wouldn't trust them to create a simple statistics, and now they want to predict intelligence lol
Psychologists who suck at math don't specialize in psychometry which is a math/psych interdisciplinary subfield.

>4. IQ is a relative measure, that means you need to define what is 100 first of all for it to make sense. IQ of 140 in relation TO WHOM? This is almost alaways missing in these graphics.
It's not missing from the IQ test itself just because it's not contained in a particular display of IQ test results. All standardized IQ tests use well-defined normalization procedures so you just need the name of the IQ test to know how the IQ curve is constructed.