Mfw I've spent over $150,000 on rent in the last 8 years

>mfw I've spent over $150,000 on rent in the last 8 years
>the bubble didn't burst
>property prices still increasing month by month

Now I've officially locked myself out of the housing market for waiting.

Now I'll never get a house anywhere near my job unless I get inheritance or marry a wealthy woman.

>I'll never get a house anywhere near my job
Why the fuck would you want to?

I work in the CBD.

I rent 30 minutes away.

If I was to buy I'd need to move 2 hours away. I'm not about to to become a 2 x 2 hour per day commuter.

i stopped renting and moved in with my parents again to wait for the housing bubble to die down. it will eventually, who knows how long it will take though. after the new year i am going to consider moving to a rural area 30-40mins away since traffic is so bad in my city it takes an hour to get 10 miles anyways

There is no 'bubble', its 100% controlled and coordinated.

Remember, the people who would be responsible for bursting the bubble are the *exact* same people currently making it worse. For as long as they draw breath, it will get worse.

It's literally a cartel just like diamond mining. Restrict the supply, inflated the price, let it settle to a new higher standard and repeat. This is nothing like the US housing market which crashed because the banks were in control while it was the buyers fucking up everything with their defaults.

the prices are being driven up by fix-n-flip hipster investors. its already becoming so one-sided in favor of sellers than inevitably the bottom will give out and the hipsters investment will go into the red. only retards fix n flip at all-time highs.

Set yourself up outside of Shitney and Pozzbourne retard.

Never fucking rent. You just piss away your money.

How long could your commute possibly be?

living in canada or australia is the absolute worst

but at least australia has nice weather

canada is the absolute worst

even worse than russia

its not a bubble you dumbass.

if you have just bought those 8 years ago you would be rich right now

>I've spent over $150,000 on rent in the last 8 years
Congratulations. You wasted $150,000 that could have been invested into a home of your own. You could have been $150,000 into an ever increasing in value investment. But you didn't. Instead you wasted that money on renting a trendy apartment so you could have a cutsie kitchen to show off your skills making avocado toast.
>Millenials
>When will they learn

>rent went up $200 minimum in 2 years , priced out of the area , try to find designated dying ditch

>mfw there's a wait list

Over 8 years mortgaging a McMansion would get you like 25,000 in equity if you're lucky.

Nothing wrong with renting. My uncle owns loads of property, its great, i love shadowing him. Owning property always comes with issues. Yeah you might think rent is a lot but did you think about the overheads, the taxes, the repairs, it costs money to survey houses. It all adds up. Be grateful it's not more expensive.

Russia has beautiful women. Canada doesnt.

You know whats better than a beautiful woman? A beautiful woman thats poor.

>Fell for the renting scam
You have nobody to blame but yourself.

>Not going home on your lunch break to eat tendies in your own cozy room and take poopies on your own toilet

Russia is a shithole. Canada is just worse

How is it pissing your money away when your spending money for shelter. That and you dont have to pay a shit ton of cash to maintain the house. And lets not mention ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Property Tax))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

>read one of the dumbest real estate related posts I have ever read on /pol?
>check flag
>A FUCKING LEAF!
Color me surprised.

this, we are fucked, anyway over the last three days I've observed more evidence of China setting up a parallel society in Australia.

i bought 2 properties 14 years ago. they have both quadrupled in value and i am paying them both off in december.