Why the fuck hasn't this been done yet?

why the fuck hasn't this been done yet?

who the fuck is against this?

>hey guys you should dumb down your language so the stupid clickity clack niggers in niggerland can better understand it
What should we do, go to moonrunes? Have you tried learning one of those gook languages?

And that doesn't even touch upon the roots of the language in Latin. How do you even reform a language? God damn this shitpost is getting me angrier than it should. Just the thought man.

person like you is the main reason why our society is becoming more and more degenerative

>not degenerating your language is degenerative
My almonds can only get so activated man.

spelling reform is my long-term dream since the first time when i first learnt the words spellings like daughter and naughty in kindergarten

>the position of letters in a word shouldn't affect the way they are pronounced

Why not?

The globe needs to be reformed in order to make it more suitable for English.

i don't get it

why does making english more logical and consistent mean degenerating my language?

''mah latin roots! french roots!''

you should be grown out of this meme

>implying that spelling isn't aesthetic as fuck

maybe danish or dutch is more your thing pleb

If it's simple enough that literal children can understand it then I don't think it needs changing.

You're aspirations are stupid.

>pajeet hiding behind UN flag complaining about english
I smell you

Yeah, "global langage"? More like "suited for street-shitters"

Are you trying to conflate roots of a language to some pride in heritage? It isn't some pride when it comes to the roots of the English language. It's the rules upon which they were built. You can't just change them because of the roots from which they came. That isn't at all how language works.

What? It's a simple enough language as is, why change it for some sub-80 IQ shitskins who can't into grammar?

Then pick a different global language, Shlomo.

Wew lad. If you think English is complex, you should spend a month or two trying to learn Chinese.

Even simplified Chinese is like the final boss of languages.

This belongs on Sup Forums.

LEAVE MY LANGWIDGE ALOHNE UNNIGGER

>If we ignore all the rules related to how something sounds based on what came before and comes after, things sound different, isn't this silly!
Indian intelectuals.

Do you get confused by 15 being different to 51 too?

it's my language too you idiots
those who are against spelling reform like you are literally fucking abominations to me

in order to make english a greater language you need to be locked in jail first

>it's my language too you idiots
Sure it is Mr United Nations

>brits

how can you complain like that when all of you can't even spell the words correctly?

Mayeb you should into grammar next time

>God damn this shitpost is getting me angrier than it should.
lol ur such a faggot its hilarious

Gotta mayk da layngwaj betta n fasta

go speak esperanto you cuck

really? the final bossisn't Finnish?
got me some larnin' ta do

English needs some reforms.
Ingliš nids som reforms.

Enough - Enuf
Fish - Fiš
Women - Wimen

Dis is de superia lengueg.

Fuck off. English is awesome.

> The bandage was wound around the wound.
> The farm was used to produce produce .
> The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
> We must polish the Polish furniture.

> He could lead if he would get the lead out.
> The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
> Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present .
> A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
> When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
> I did not object to the object.
> The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
> There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row .
> They were too close to the door to close it.
> The buck does funny things when the does are present.
> A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.
> To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
> The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
> Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
> I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
> How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?

I enjoy spelling strangeness, because it gives me endless opportunities to tell people to blame the French.

(Even when the root isn't French because no one bothers to look it up).
M

People refuse any change when it comes to something as basic as grammar. Their argument goes this way: "What right does this fucking scientist/politician/random guy have to tell me I need to change the way I write?". Normally, I would need a revolution to force spelling/grammar reforms. Britain did not have a revolution since like 17th century, hence the spelling that is outdated by a few centuries.

If the Finnish with their insane language can learn it, anyone can learn it.

English is the easiest to learn Western language, it makes you productive after very few hours of learning. The spelling is quirky, but you can get used to it. The reason why the orthography and pronunciation diverge so much is that English vocabulary comes from Germanic, Greek, Latin, French, and a dozen other languages, plus English preserves the original spelling everywhere where this is possible. Obviously that isn't always the best option from a language learner's view, but you need to get used to it.

>Austrian flag

Uhh, what did you mean by that buddy?

Not just French. A big problem with English spelling comes from the fact that many languages share Latin alphabet. When a word gets borrowed from another language, it's often borrowed "as is", regardless of differences in pronunciation. You must know, for example, that "zz" in "pizza" is pronounced as "c".

And its actually
>Ingliš nīds sam rīforms

Come home, Anglo man.

"š" is a letter in some Eastern European alphabets (Slovak is one of them) that designates the same sound as "sh" in English. Not sure why the Austrian user suggested that though. The fewer differences from the basic Latin alphabet, the better. It's way easier to type "sh", rather than to look for a non-standard letter.

GH and TI have rules about when they are pronounced like F and SH, all of which are ignored in Ghoti. You can't just ignore all the rules and then say there are no rules.

It's not helped in English that people like to paint the polluted lexicon as a positive. The reason "English is so good at taking words" is because the more accurate "The English were conquered by those who spoke a different language."

The letters only make those specific sounds because of the pronunciated word formation. You can't take out a part and then treat it like a whole.

I know what a š is, we have ž, ģ and č.
I was wondering what a filthy German is doing used letter he should have no business of knowing.

Latin should be the world language, not english

The European Commission has announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the EU, rather than German, which was the other contender. Her Majesty's Government conceded that English spelling had room for improvement and has therefore accepted a five-year phasing in of "Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make sivil servants jump for joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of the "k", Which should klear up some konfusion and allow one key less on keyboards.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f", making words like "fotograf" 20% shorter.

In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of the silent "e" is disgrasful.

By the fourth yer, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v".

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters. After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubls or difikultis and everivun vil find it ezi to understand ech ozer. ZE DREM VIL FINALI COM TRU!

Herr Schmidt

And I disagree, š is better then sh, too albinoid.
other cunts need to adapt the Aesthic gods that are ā, ē, ī, ū and ō

Agree, I don't know why you have had some French words for a thousand years and have not bothered to change their spelling to English one.

Language is a democracy, not a theocracy.

>TO
>TOO
>TWO
MAN FUCK ENGLISH AN SHIT

It is much easier to reform a dead language than a living one.

Because the people who would make such a decision always pride themselves on being non-English, or using a non-English word or phrase to show their intelligence. Somehow "Englishness" has always had parochial connotations on this island, even a millennia after Hastings.

The problem I see with a lot of Slovakians is that they are too lazy to type these non-standard letters on the keyboard (they require more time to type when on a phone, or a separate keyboard configuration when on a PC). So they just use the standard Latin letters instead, e.g. "prisiel" instead of "prišiel". Which means that a person who's reading that word must know that "s" means "š" there. So the simple and standard spelling system of Slovak language gets instantly downgraded to the level of English language, where you must remember the spelling of each and every word.

Yeah, that doesn't look stupid at all. Also, da't raysiss. Shouldn't there be ebonics spelling reform, too?

worth the read

It take second longer. Dumb people are not to be encouraged

Strange to hear that. I've always assumed that English people think about their country highly. "Rule Britannia" and all that. Intentionally using French words to demonstrate your "intellect" is a fucked up attitude.

Sup Ban Ki-moon.

It would be a lot easier if we didn't have separate cases for letters.

Pronounced goat-tea
Looks like you don't understand how english works.

It would be pronounced got-ee as it's spelled. I know it's just a joke, but it's still dumb. None of those letters or combination of letters would be pronounced that way in that order.

Yep, but these dumb people are majority, and, unfortunately, the language goes in the direction the majority wants it to go. So if you want to simplify the spelling, you have to make the new spelling comfortable for dumb people too. I doubt that an Englishman would willingly learn new letters. He would cry that these new letters made the language even more complex.

"Britain" isn't England. Even Dickens, at the height of this country's glory, commentated on the lack of Saxon words used.

M90 you sound like an buttmad faggot, get a life already. U jus 2 stupit 2 rite proper. Y u kwote me twize n-eway

this

Neither do you.

Retard.

English should not bow to other languages or cultures but certain written words seriously need to be reinvented especially loan words like debris

This is not so much a matter of tradition as it is a matter of not being fucking retarded. The purpose of an alphabet is to communicate sounds if those letters don't match their sounds then that's a glitch in the system and while it can be learned it's just inefficient and nonsensical to retain non-phonetic spelling solely for muh tradition

Having that said English is not the only language guilty of this shit as much as foreigners like to complain

>It would be pronounced got-ee as it's spelled.
>as it's spelled

>implying english speakers can pronounce something "as it's spelled".

Sorry for mixing up England and Britain. Well, that's really strange then for England to be ashamed of its old words. Given the derogatory attitude English have to Frenchmen.

Yknow if you appeared even remotely capable of good English your argument would carry more weight.

>Waaah I'm too stupid to understand it therefor we must make it easier

English used to have accents in the form of the macron that made things a lot simpler, as well as the thorn (þ) and eth (ð) symbol for 'th'. Most of the reforms of English make use of these two letters.

It's all about class. Most of our upper classes are descended from Norman families, and by using French words and phrases and belittling English words (Shite is a normal Saxon word, even used on medical books) even plebs can emulate these upper echelons.

I'm not sure that letter cases are an issue. As long as the shape of a capital letter more or less resembles the corresponding small letter, people will have little problems with using both.

You wanna know how I know you're a stupid, illiterate nigger whose mother never said anything other than "Mammy be bak"?

LMAO

spoiler alert: children have a very elastic mind and acquire any language (much better than adults) no matter how illogic its rules are

Just switch to Newspeak if you want something double plus logical...

>a burger thinking that english is hard.

I read that without a single problem and it makes perfect sense even if meant to be satire

One would expect that after a thousand years English and Normans must have diffused into each other... But then you haven't had a proper revolution, with rich people losing their head on guillotine (another French word, heh).

I like to suck nigger dicks

You should try Asian language where words can differ only in tone

English is not the worst language despite its glitches

> let's nigger up an already niggered up orthography, now that everyone has gotten used to it
Nah, m8, fuck off.

sheee-it

I don't think most countries have spelling competitions where children are asked to remember spelling of rare and fucked up words. Some languages does not even have an analog of word "spell", because their alphabets are phonetic or almost phonetic.

that image is retarded lmao

That was really dumb. Maybe it sounded better in your head.

>wimen
lol
wOHmen
Stop watching niggerTV

What I meant is that an accented and un-accented could fit on the same key, so you'd have A and Æ for an English example.

>you haven't had a proper revolution
We've had several. None of them stuck, because they either failed or were judged worse than the original situation.

>English
Jajajaja.
Esa lengua la inventó Satan Y Soros.

Do not mix up spelling problems and pronunciation problems. Each language has groups of sounds that are perceived as one sound by non-native speakers. The issue with English is that there isn't a one-to-one match between sounds and letters.

>666

I hate this image, because there will ALWAYS be extra "sounds" even if you reformed spelling to be phonetic.

Some other douchebag cunt will come along, splice out individual sounds, and complain about it

Literally get fucked

Lefty thinking 101
everything must change because it affects me and i don't understand it.

Revelation 13
And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
>and tongues

fuck off antichrist

I know it's not just French. That doesn't stop me from blaming them.

>be a Yuropoor
>spend all day on an English website
>complain about English

Is there anything more pathetic?

No i know how 90's Christian rock group, Ghoti Hook got their name.

Thanks OP

Why don't niggers just click clack in binary? Problem solved.