US Space Command prepares Orbital Kinetic Bombardment superweapon

"Fire, fury and frankly power the likes of which this world has never seen before"

Time & attention are valuable so I'll keep this concise:

The term of the day is "Orbital Kinetic Bombardment".

- new kind of weapon of mass destruction: putting telephone-pole-sized rods of hard/dense material (tungsten) in orbit, then dropping them on targets on earth,
- impact energy depends on size of rod; telephone-sized rods yield energy comparable to small nuke (but no radioactivity or EMP)
- theorized for many years, no major technological unknowns preventing implementation, can be deployed by any organization that can put a satellite into orbit
- no launch signature like an ICBM or conventional missile, so won't cause a nuclear exchange panic

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_bombardment

This is what Trump is alluding to with the 'fire and fury' talk.
It's no coincidence that Trump signed the US Space Command executive order in June.
This system has been kept under wraps for years; like most superweapons, it's deployment won't be acknowledged until after it is actually used. Trump's MOAB may actually have been a small-scale test of this system, but that's purely speculation on my part.

If Kim tries to do something provocative that crosses the line, the US will decimate everything of military value in north korea without setting off a single launch detection system in North Korea or anywhere else. The US will disclose that hundreds of these rods are already in orbit, but the real number will soon be in the hundreds and then thousands. These rods are like small nukes without the yucky radioactive side effects or mutual assured destruction of ICBM's that your enemy can detect.

"Fire, fury and frankly power the likes of which this world has never seen before."

Not sure why everyone assumed nukes as we have seen those before

don't forget the space based laser weapons that can pick ICBMs out of the sky.

There are a lot more unknowns there in terms of whether such a system currently exists or what its capabilities are. Kinetic Bombardment works and is here today.

>dropping
Thats not how orbits work
>nazi flag
I'm not surprised

>no major technological unknowns preventing implementation, can be deployed by any organization that can put a satellite into orbit

So not true. The payload weight of even a single tungsten rod and launcher vehicle limits its carrier vehicle to something like a Delta V Heavy or Proton.

Falcon 9 doesn't even have payload capacity.

I'm aware that what you actually do is decay the orbit rather than "drop" from a stationary position". At some point, you have to simplify the terms you use or else you end up writing too verbosely and losing people.

I'm pretty sure DROPPING is what it's called when you release an object so that it falls toward a source of gravity, like Earth

desu this, if you don't use simple terms you lose your audience

That would take years unassisted, there are two ways of solving this
>use fuel to kill delta-v on the rods
Massive amounts of fuel required
>keep launch platform in very low orbit and use lots of fuel to keep it there
Massive amounts of fuel required

Both cases are terrible, might as well just use an ICBM

OP might be on to something here. this idea is actually a real thing that to my knowledge has even been tested on small scale. lets hope they fuck up north korea like never before seen

also the missile defense stuff is real and tested, the US even has the ability to shoot satelites of of orbit, which isn't discussed either.

i think OP has real potential to not be a faggot

Tungsten telephone poles don't have the energy comparable to a nuke, they're closer to a moab but they are really good for penetrating hardened structures.

Asteroids can create blasts comparable to nukes, but they're many times more massive than any tungsten rods, and they come in on interplanetary trajectories with much higher velocity than anything in Earth orbit.

>inb4 people too young to remember the star wars program get upset and make a bazilion threads about this

what are classified shuttle payloads

I'd rather have us assassinate Kim and install a friendly military dictatorship.

don't rule out black aircraft/spacecraft

I hear anti-matter weapons orbital platforms. Kinetic bombardment is feasible, but wildly inaccurate up reentry. Plus apparently it's hard to get something into orbit without everyone knowing about it (i.e tungsten telephone pole). Apparently it has something to do with anti-hydrogen and microwave beams. It has allegedly been tested a few times, once at Dugway even injured some civilians. I read a white paper from an AF presentation at Edwards or maybe Andrews that someone had posted on ATS avaition forum. Maybe one of you autistic fucks can find it

if kim dies, china and sk storm the borders to grab that rare earth metal land.

Delta V heavy launches classified payloads all the time though

Not if we suddenly appear with their military on tv announcing the new leadership and gibs coming to a shanty near Yu

thats probably stuff for the moon base that no one talks about. i mean uhhhh, how about them cubs

You trying to say we dont have that amount of fuel? Assuming theyre not using a type of fuel/energy source we dont even know about

If it existed it would be easy to detect and everyone would know who it's pointed at.

China can shoot satellites out of orbit and has had that capability for 10 years.

A Moab does more damage at a fraction of the cost. Rods from God is nothing but faggotry

You're actually just an idiot trying to sound smart aren't you? Periapsis causes the rod to gain velocity

1) it'd have to be built in orbit, like the ISS, and i don't imagine tungsten rods are easy to get to orbit
2) they have footage of trump's MOAB going off, you tool
3) Kinetic bombardment doesn't reach as high an energy as a nucear blast. from the article you cited, "In the case of the system mentioned in the 2003 Air Force report above, a 6.1 m × 0.3 m tungsten cylinder impacting at Mach 10 has a kinetic energy equivalent to approximately 11.5 tons of TNT"
11.5 tonnes is barely a percentage of a nuclear blast

unfortunately, it's too expensive with our current technology.

>>use fuel to kill delta-v on the rods
>Massive amounts of fuel required
No, Deorbit burns require relatively little fuel

>periapsis causes the rod to gain velocity

Why shouldn't the spoils belong to the victor (us)? We'd be the one who actually did anything to earn it.

Are any of the rare earth metals needed for the semi conductor connected with mh370 disappearance?

because chinas army will rush down and occupy the land telling you to fuck off.

depends, really.
if you only use a little fuel, your tungsten telephone pole hits the ground at a very shallow angle or loses lots of energy slowing down in the atmosphere.
if you want to keep the orbital momentum /and/ hit your target at a relatively reliable angle (from above) you're gonna need a shitload of fuel

I am fully confident that no country on this earth has such a weapon platform in space at this moment. Perhaps in the future, but certainly not now.

How are you getting enormous and heavy tungsten roods into space? A cubic foot of tungsten weighs about 1200 pounds. You might be able to carry one rod at a time on a launch vehicle and put it in orbit. That's hardly cost effective. Then, you are going to have to slow the orbit of that massive tungsten rod to "drop" it onto your target. The fuel requirements for one rod alone will be enormous.

tl;dr - tungsten rod kinetic bombardment are fantasy, not reality.

America and Russia would be complete retards if they wasted all that money on nuclear weapons that can never be used instead of investing in rods from god. It's the perfect weapon and better yet guide an asteroid towards the target and blame it on god. If Mecca got hit you could use it as propaganda and make them believe their god had forsaken them.

>but you forgot the imaginary classified shuttles.

Wars are when the secret toys come out to play.

underappreciated post
I love your sense of humor/way you word things

Don't fry those poor gooks just yet, give em a few days so the qt asian girls can leave!!!

Science denier kys i played cod ghosts

China's army isn't yet prepared for a fight with the United States. They are desperately fixing themselves of course, but this isn't the same as the 1950's. It's a differnt chessboard. China can't risk itself regressing after coming so close to the top.

Anyone have that screencap about a post that talked about relativistic weapons like this? The quick rundown was that basically an object the size of a plane traveling at say, 30% the speed of light could pretty much eradicate life on a planet, and that technology is relatively easy to achieve so that's why it's not wise to contact ayy lmaos and vice versa.

physics stops this from working:
You have two choice: either a low altitude fast flying satelite or a geostationary one at 36000 km.
First one is nice and quick, except you have winds during reentry that will deviate the rod at about 20000km/h at 90° to the reentry angle. This destroys the rod.

second choice: Works but needs at least 90 minutes of aiming and flight time. Considered impractical

The device is rumored to called the Kinetic Energy Kiloton Strike Device. It is mostly controlled remotely but it's actually manned by a single highly trained special operative who have to oversee certain fail-safes and inputs manually. He had to go through all sorts of special training to safeguard against going rogue, known as the Protocols for Emotional and Physical Endangerment.

t. My uncle worked for Nintendo they do a lot of R & D for secret military projects because of their expertise in human behavior from vidya game data.

Sure thing Buck Rogers. I hope your kinetic energy weapon is bigger than your pic

Number one, rods from god has been used in the past, on Russia, in the middle of fucking nowhere in Siberia iirc.
Number two, "without nasty side effects" the kinetic impact of the heavy super hard rods from low orbit into the surface of the earth is not without its terrible unforseen destructive consequences/after-effects, this is why it's use is staved off as much as possible and the knowledge of its existence suppressed. In the case of north korea, the impact would cause too many problems for, and be too much noticed by the surrounding nations for it to be a viable use, unless the U.S. has decided that it does not care what anyone thinks of or how anyone reacts to the revelation of such a weapon. If this is the case this indicates two things:
1. That the U.S. is satisfied with where its breakaway civilization black budget military supremacy is at enough to be confident of their total domination of all enemies, to which china, and all other nations are not even on the radar as far as competing powers, the ayyylmaos in the sky and the mole aliens in the ground (dracos) dwarf the nations of the rest of the world, and even still worse than them, there's the angels and the demons and eldridtch abominations and "light-beings" that are made up of nothing more than information in the airwaves organized ino a construct (and how are you supposed kill that?) and this is only as much as I know of, if they were to go this far, the U.S. would have to be comfortable that they could defeat both the demiurge and the grand creator. This is huge if true.
2. The U.S. intends to use this military supremacy to assert total control and install its one world government by the cleansing force of war, for the God Emperor and the Imperium of Man.

While it is wishful thinking, I highly doubt the chiefs will allow the rods to be fired on such a high profile paradigm-changing target.

Good good OP. Glad to see someone catch on

This is what "the rod and the ring will strike" means.. unveiling of tungsten rods and plasma ring weapons

Almost as practical as chucking moon rocks

I remember Alex Jones talking about this earlier in the year

I thought he was crazy

Turns out he is crazy. like. a. fox.

>Kinetic Bombardment
tungsten telephone poles from space !!

>panic

Since when does our country care about how much we spend to kill people?

The idea of kinetic bombardment originated in the cold war era.
Do you really think we haven't developed even better weapons since this? This is only the tip of the black-budget weaponry iceberg.

>FUGG

Kek

Damn you had me convinced for a little while lmao

And so it shall be.

Trump IS a time traveler.

lol, you learned that from Bill Hicks.

There is no space weapons, because there is no way to go past the firmament.

You're a retard. This isn't new. They already created a prototype for Brilliant Pebbles back in the 80's. Go LARP elsewhere nigger

>Do you really think we haven't developed even better weapons since this?

Actually yes. Corruption and that oh so nasty S curve have put us pretty much at our limit.

Rods from God really need to drop on a different starry ethnostate though.

I like big booms.

THE ROD AND THE RING WILL STRIKE!

There is a passage through the firmament beyond McMurdo station.

THE ROD AND THE RING WILL STRIKE
>THE ROD AND THE RING WILL STRIKE

>china's army. lol.

Stop fucking predicting all this shit, fuck you.

You guys realise that you can see this shit from Earth with a telescope right? You can't hide it from anyone.

THIS. WHAT THE FUCK

SK will have their hands full trying to deprogram millions of Norks. They'll have to teach them all how Western society works. Plus, welfare or work. That's not an enviable task.
China won't give a fuck, on the other hand. LoL

You have to admit this looks fucking beautiful

Now imagine that in glorious HD

on a side note, mobile phones reception in NK will be improved, for the 25 of them who have one

>telephone-sized rods yield energy comparable to small nuke

A very, very, very small nuke. Less than one-thousandth the energy of Little Boy.

Thailand mor like Bantzland

not enough pizzaretard threads to shitpost, so i keep up where i can

This is one of my favorite spooky weapons. They say it was used on that factory in China that exploded

>.jpg
fug

Keep copying fucking Nazi designs United States defense contractors. One day you will have an original idea that isn't bottled up in a SAP.

fuck off back to /x/ faggot

This guy knows

kek

Giggle

>satellite "thingy" shooter-outerer
Wow. It's like raining trees. Who gives a fuck. How many do you need? Nukes are fake so how is dynamite going into space to freeze and then artificially propelled and doesnt ignite. HURR. Big fucken space rocks made of the same ice and metals and sheit. Fall and break up to fuck all. But muh homer sampson rod stays white hot from a frozen state and there are little thruster forces in a "vacuum" (ionised gas) that doesn't move this piece of shit tin-can from "orbit"

>that's the coast of California in that pic

>hardly cost effective
We've spent most of the worlds military budget for 70 years or so now. That's doesn't even include black spending.

Fake

ayy, some faggotism of ayyy lmaos crashing an extra terrestrial space cock in to earth if we start letting niggers in to space. A good bread.

Even better

>Orbital Kinetic Bombardment

It seems like a hell of a weapon and it would not be very challenging to achieve. I why no country has build or tested this kind of weapons.

Fake

The US has been working on a weapon like this.

>kinetic energy kiloton strike device
so... keks-D?

Holy shit a Commie and a Nazi agreeing on Something!!

Nah

I hear what you're saying. BUT, is it not plausible that:

1) the high fuel consumption is simply a cost to be considered against the strategic & tactical advantages of the weapon

and

2) something like a shaped explosion charge can be used to kill or reduce delta-v very rapidly, given that a tungsten rod is far more robust against the detonation shockwave than a conventional spacecraft where decelerating this way would be vastly more problematic

And no, an ICBM sucks and is not an equivalent alternative because every nuclear superpower will immediately detect the launch and freak out because every second counts and they have no way to know where the missile will touch down. You could quite plausibly cause an accidental nuclear exchange and kill billions of people.

This was literally in a G.I. Joe movie.
LARPing to become a bannable offense when?

it's not about cost effectiveness, it's that this shit comes from space, it comes without warning, and there's not a goddamn thing you can do about it