Why do you all think that you are geniuses?

As I browse the boards of Sup Forums I found that the people of Sup Forums seem to think that they all have IQs in excess of 2-3 standard deviations (30-45 points above the average of 100). So my question is this: what attracts some many people of extraordinary IQ to Sup Forums? Or, are most of you just insecure in regards to your intelligence because you value it above all else, as a front to mask your absurd lack of liquid, emotional, and abstract intelligence? And no, I won't tell you mine, though I am looking for good answers; I'm interested.
Also, look at the attached file, it shows the average IQ of the populations of states, and said state's general political affiliation in the Bush-Kerry election. I'm most certainly not a liberal, but I did find this interesting.

Other urls found in this thread:

brandongaille.com/list-average-iq-by-country-and-american-states/http://anepigone.blogspot.com/2010/05/state-iq-estimates-2009.html
quora.com/What-is-the-illiteracy-rate-in-California-versus-the-rest-of-the-USA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What did he mean by this?

Autism

>(30-45 points above the average of 100). So my question is this: what attracts some many people of extraordinary IQ to Sup Forums? Or, are most of you just insecure in regards to your intelligence because you value it above all else, as a front to mask your absurd lack of liquid, emotional, and abstract intelligence? And no, I won't tell you mine, though I am looking for good answers; I'm interested.
>Also, look at the attached file, it shows the average IQ of the populations of states, and said state's general political affiliation in the Bush-Kerry election. I'm most certainly not a liberal, but I did find this interesting.

You give me this infographic, and expect me to believe the significant demographic changes since the year 2000 have not affected the average IQ of these states?

>whitest states have the highest iq
really makes you think

not at all, I simply wondered how Sup Forums would respond/ what they would think. I don't really care, and I honestly had the same thoughts as you.

>Or are most of you just insecure... lack of liquid, emotional, and abstract intelligence?

I have sufficient emotional intelligence to understand that you do not like the posters on this site, and choose to express that through petty semi-veiled insults.

Another thing you might give interesting, are you aware a majority of people here once considered themselves liberals? That would place them in the blue at the time your image was accurate.

Quick and dirty

Social awkwardness often correlates with IQ
Higher IQ people tend to value more things like abstract ideas

Anonymity allows for discussion of ideas without concern for social awkwardness

Also allows for shitposting without concern for social backlash

140 IQ here, no clue why people believe these fucking simple symbol tests and pattern tests make you a smart person. Intelligent people know they have alot to learn and always learn. It's a state of mind. Others I guess have their numbers and feel they are too smart to keep reading. IQ is totally useless. Most people who want high IQ could actually train for these tests and test sub-genius tier, and still be a moron.

Is it really petty? It seems obvious that the people who post here are all about cold, hard facts. I don't take issue with that at all, I do the same thing. My question was if Sup Forums did it for the same reasons.
Also, you may be absolutely right about your second point, though I wasn't trying to say anything to that point, just found it interesting. That said, their will always be people like those who post on Sup Forums, the real difference would be the migration of different ethnicities after the Bush-Kerry election.
Also, I have no problem with the people on Sup Forums I rather enjoy them, actually. But you must see that people tend to value intelligence, and use it as an excuse to not maintain any modicum of morality. Again, something I understand entirely.

I'm pretty smart in some areas.

that approximates my hypothesis with little variation. I would say good job, or something along those lines, but that seems a little insulting.

>your absurd lack of liquid and emotional intelligence

H-he knows

see

Have you guys ever thought about how the make up of an atom is basically the same as a Galaxy? Galaxies everywhere and everything.

Mods get rid of the bot!

Solar system

You can't talk to people about stuff you get to talk about on Sup Forums

Shitposting is more fun than talking with normies. I can watch youtube videos whenever I want and don't have to pretend to be interested in what you are saying

Nothing though is better than a good conversation but I don't have any friends so theres that

How are you even supposed to find "redpilled" people in real life?

>over 20 IQ point difference between states, not even going to the lowest of them
I call bullshit on the pic. And a niggerhole like Maryland has an average of 105, kek.
OP is a fag. Saged.

Which one of us will publish first? I've been here for a few years, and I finally might get a Guggenheim because people are finally catching on.

It very well may be, I don't know, hence why I asked your opinion.

Sorry, I'm ignorant. the Guggenheim is a grant given for exceptional scholarship in the arts, however, I'm not totally sure I understand what you mean. Could you elaborate?

i think it takes a base of cleverness to be able to understand whatever the fuck is happening here, at least enough to be compelled to come back and then to solve those crazy captcha

*The

really dull people usually believe they're intelligent

It is not an arts grant. nm.

I believe that there a name for that. Right?

Oh, that's all I'm finding. Keep in mind, I don't mean the performing arts, I mean journalism and the like. If I'm still not right then I'm totally in the dark, forgive me.

100% false (fictitious) chart.
>sage

I have no idea if it's fictitious or not, however it does at match most of these sources I'm finding.brandongaille.com/list-average-iq-by-country-and-american-states/http://anepigone.blogspot.com/2010/05/state-iq-estimates-2009.html

IQ results are meaningless

Hawaii disproves the chart.

It seems as though you are asking research questions designed to discern the base logic of Sup Forums shitposters. You certainly knew the provocative nature of the jpg and are currently gauging how user reacts to information that challenges their assumptions. A secondary function being that the infograph is poorly sauced, allowing you to view in real time the ways user's epistemological commitments shift; that is, to ask the question, if user traffics in disinformation, what is their standard for evidence?

The only significant causation that exists between states and IQ is based on racial demographics. The secondary causation is based on brain-drain, as in states that pull in more intelligent people compared to the average demographics due to institutions and industry but that's a far smaller causation.

You're falling into the usual communist trap of faulty correlation-causation.

Red states have lower IQ averages solely because they're substantially more comprised of non-whites: blacks, hispanics. According to the same communist logic, it would therefore follow that high IQ has a correlation to voting for Trump, considering all non-white demographics voted majority democrat like the retards they are. This map is closer to the truth.

Damn, found me out!

Pretty sure OP is a faggot.

It's just such an interesting microcosm of extremity, I just had to discern some meaning from it all!

>Throws up (((clearly))) biased chart and exclaims retardation, with no source.

Late reply, posting at work.

Yes, it was petty. You're likely not wrong, but the phrasing you chose was loaded with contempt.

Morality is relative, and the posters on this site are in large numbers obsessed with a personal morality that many would find amoral. Works both ways though.

Study is up guys, knows what I'm doing.

That infographic is pretty old. A lot of people who identify now as NatSocs of some sort voted for Kerry because we knew exactly what Bush was. Things are changing rapidly.

Oh, also I'm not planning on publishing anything. I was just interested in what would happen.

IQ results are only meaningless if you don't value the civilization white westerners built.

If you prefer to live in a hot jungle living in huts hunting and gathering, then being within a society comprised of people who overall have a higher average of pattern-recognition based intelligence might be "meaningless" to you. IQ correlates solidly to the ability to form the conditions of a modern society that everyone takes for granted today (indoor plumbing, mass scale farming, stable governments, technology, and the millions of other things you see around you now).

these things need to be labeled with a date. michigan is 99 in one and 100.5 in the other. many such inconsistencies. not good.

That's how it begins.

>Over a thousand people are browsing pol at many given times

>"Why do people always respond that they have IQ's above the 98th percentile?"

are you fucking serious?

yes

I think it's because there is a clear sense and frustration that people by and large are too mentally incapable or offended to engage in discussion about any topics which are the regular whipping boys here.

You get the sense then, as a person interacting with the world, that if the world at large can't handle your ideas, then your ideas must be too complex for the interactions of the world. Combine that with a lack of social interaction outside of basic argumentation online and you have created a group which views things on the very surface level of being against the current trends. This is then conflated with intelligence because of the aforementioned inability to express opinions which lack "normality", etc.

Also your pic in the OP is super disingenuous.

Oh yes >:D
Also, I'm kinda done here, all of this was more or less on purpose.
seeBecause he cracked it, he seems to be doing the same thing, though I can never be sure.

>I'm kinda done here, all of this was more or less on purpose.

woaaaaahhhh so deeeeeeep

remove brainlets

List of white populations.

It's the primary causation of an ability to score higher on tests of pattern recognition due to significant average differences in our species that formed over hundreds of thousands of years of evolution. Reminder. Humans are animals. We have divergences in our genetics in every conceivable aspect of us as animals: bodies, appearances, abilities, behaviors, diseases, allergies, brain sizes, types of intelligence, genetic and mental predispositions to cultural-natural forces, and so forth.

Nah, anyone could do it. I just posted a baiting topic, with a badly sourced and politically provocative image to go along with it.

I must give you a round of applause, that was excellent bait.

Sort of like if I posted
"I have an IQ of 156, I don't understand how Sup Forums thinks that donald Trump is at all an adequate president."

user is Googling images to counter your image. Feels good.

Go on Leftbook and say you have an IQ of 176 and that you think that men should be able to force women to have abortions if they don't want the baby.

Don't tempt me user.

Your source is garbage. It carries no quantitative data, and no link. It's pure guano.
>California, a state that's in the bottom five states in education, is in the top twenty.
Unlike you, I can actually justify what I know.
quora.com/What-is-the-illiteracy-rate-in-California-versus-the-rest-of-the-USA
That site sources government data. So how could a state, where one out of four people can't read, make the top twenty?

It's because you made this shit up. I don't think I'm Albert Einstein, but it takes no effort to fact check.

see

:D

It's funny because I've always been hailed as a genius while I toe the line while still bringing up subtle redpills that really make people think, but the moment I so much as hint anywhere in the general direction of my real views all of a sudden I'm magically the biggest retard imaginable in these same retards eyes who thought for a moment that I ever bought into the newthink and wasn't just playing them for rhe fools they really are.

As for you, faggot OP, literally kill yourself.
2 scoops. 2 genders. 2 terms. Deal with it. MAGA

P.S.- 14/88 GAS THE KIKES RACE WAR NOW

That's some tasty Americentrism if I ever saw any.
Most people on Sup Forums have an average I.Q. of 108.
A few users are around 116, which is on the higher end of average. Anything higher than that is a rarity, a statistical outlier.

see

>value it above all else
Not at all friend. I test very high but find no value in it at all. IQ doesn't equate to meaningful production or success in any way. Drive, ambition, passion, those are the qualities that should be valued.

Your life must be pitiful.

this guy gets it.
also, see

more or less

Testing how this board takes disinformation as fact?

This. The majority of /po/ strokes themselves over iq. It is like that is the only achievement they have.

see

Sup Forums as well

More like how they dispute something so nakedly incorrect and biased, as well as to expose the potential base of their information and its validity. I also wanted initially to see how far Sup Forumsers would go to strike down a stupid argument, but sort of abandoned that objective.

Try living in a society comprised of people who have an average IQ between 70-90. Then you'll wake the fuck up, bluepilled fool.

Cities draw the very intelligent and niggers.The intelligent vote pretty evenly. The niggers rock the vote for gibmedats.

I like turtles.

freedom of expression has always attracted the extraordinary gifted people, be they artists or scientists

>136920855
This is my favorite one yet.

NJ ayeeee

Also, I'm most certainly not trying to say that I'm somehow more intelligent, or better than any of you. I wanted to see how Sup Forums would react to this well crafted bait post.

Nah we just think we have IQ 1 standard deviation higher than the blacks.

the attraction of high intellect to a board where you are completely anonymous should be obvious. However I will explain it to you, since you have asked the question, I am guessing maybe its not as obvious as I would think.

On Sup Forums it doesnt matter what you look like, what colour you are, whether you are disabled or a six foot blonde goddess with green eyes. All that matters here is your idea.

All the charismatic people are stripped of their natural talents, and only good ideas survive here. Thats why I read Sup Forums, because here your tits wont buy you anything. Your money is meaningless. Here you have nothing to offer me, but your idea.

Those IQ charts are completely baseless. Consider this, if it was a voting requirement that you make at least 25k a year, the democrats would never win another race. Low IQ people aren't high earners you fucking retard.

Nah, the intelligent slant towards progressives pretty hard actually.

Can confirm, as an insecure brainlet with an internet tested IQ of 107, I can say with full confidence "intelligence" in a social sense is simply a state of mind. Cognitive intelligence on the other hand, isn't. All you need is a strong vocabulary, a basic understanding of how human psychology works and wallah, you've successfully achieved a higher status among your peers.

I'm just having a good laugh at the guys who just respond to the post, and don't read the whole discussion. Though, I haven't been on Sup Forums for very long, maybe that's just what happens?

NEWFAGS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEE

That chart is bullshit

>dumbest state in the union also has by far the highest proportion of niggers
Really gets the noggin joggin

The internet is being scoured for evidence to destroy OP. Every poorly written blog post on IQ just received a spike in their analytics.

Gee, is anyone seeing a trend here? The whitest states in the union also have an average IQ on par with Western Europe and East Asia. Coincidence?

>petty semi-veiled insults.
>"LIBKEK"
>"KING NIGGER"
>"POO IN LOO"
>"SPICKS"
>"KIKES"
We're just speaking your lingo, cucked little hick.

>non whites are prevalent in red states
>non whites vote democrat
>so many non whites that it brings down the average IQ in these states
>somehow it's still considered a red state even though everyone is voting democrat supposedly

>not self projecting?

100% false (fictitious) chart

>no sources
May as well be from some stormfront faggot's microsoft word. Why do hicks fall for shit like this so easily?

t. Disgruntled Communist

Not even kidding, there has been a spike in "Voter IQ" google search term in the past few hours according to Google trends.

This graph is false most blue states have a below average iq

t.cucked trumphick

Bruv, your honesty gets to me. I expected anything but that. I'll belay my normal bullshit and shoot straight for you.
I don't have a great IQ. I do have a BBA, and I'm working on another degree. I'm taking 21 credits on this semester.
Enough about me, I didn't turn off netflix and get off the tablet to talk about me. What's going on in your life that you think baitposting makes you "smart"? It's literally just
>I was only pretending to be retarded

(you)'s are addictive to new people, especially if you're socially recluse. Shit is like heroin, be careful with it, next week you'll be like some faggot canadian who posts fake news for giggles. This place is chock full of idiots who never fact check. you seem resonably smart, you'll hopefully get bored of leading around a parade of chickens, sooner than later if you do have any intelligence.

Don't post dumb shit. once this place honestly have standards. Now we get shitposts like yours, that aspire only to be... shit. Obviously you have some self esteem issues. It will only get worse if this is your outlet. You'll be leading idiots around by the nose here, but all you'll be is king of a shit pile.

grow up. contribute something meaningful, or end your life. I'm sad for you, but I was once you so I know you can be a real human if you try. No one is emotionally happy being a shit bag.