Only 0.1% of US minimum wage workers can afford a 1-bedroom apartment, report finds

archive.is/rP9Ob

Defend this fucking bullshit, Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

freebeacon.com/issues/report-only-1-6-of-american-workers-make-the-minimum-wage/
archive.is/JNlJy
dol.gov/whd/minimumwage.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What percent of the workforce works for only minimum wage?

Look it up and be redpilled, commie.

>minimum wage jobs are employed mostly be teenagers working part time while going to school
>can't afford their own place
Oy vey! We must raise minimum wage to $25/h to make up for this!

>minimum wage workers can't afford more than the bare minimum accommodations

wtf #imwithher now

maybe because most of them are kids who just work so they can buy the new video game you dumb nigger
1%

Is it really 1%?

Min wage is for students living with their parents.

If you are over 20 still working min wage, you fucked up somewhere.

get a room share and go apply for a real job.

I am sure these results were skewed due to the ungodly number of complete and total dumbasses who insist on living in cities like New York and expect to support themselves by stocking shelves at a Whole Foods.

why would you work at a minimum wage job for that long anyway

If, by the time you are of age where you can legally sign a lease agreement, you are still making the minimum wage you just might be a total loser.

Work a teenagers job, get a teenagers pay scale.
Pretty simple.

freebeacon.com/issues/report-only-1-6-of-american-workers-make-the-minimum-wage/

What they don't tell you is a lot of those workers are teenagers and elderly just looking for something to do.

archive.is/JNlJy

ITT: Neets pretend they're better than people who contribute to society

No shit, that's why roommates are a thing.

I wish more people realized that. Minimum wage should only raise to keep up with inflation, the government should not be held accountable for your failures in life.

>Researchers define "afford" by people's ability to pay 30 percent of their income or less on the cost of housing
Why doesn't the 99.9% just set aside more than 30% of their income on housing?

Minimum wage is indefensible though.

>freebeacon.com/issues/report-only-1-6-of-american-workers-make-the-minimum-wage/

This is about the federal one, dont most states have a higher one?
So the number is severely scewed

My state follows federal and those making minimum wage can afford to split a one bedroom apartment with two others while living on beans, rice, and instant ramen. If anything is left over it goes towards gasoline to travel to work.

>import tons of spics to lower ALL salary brackets
>increased population increases property prices
>it's now YOUR fault that you don't earn enough money to live, goyim

I agree. Get rid of it.

Why would you want to incentivise low skilled workers? Rewarding poor life choices will only increase this behavior. We should make life as difficult as possible for these people.

>(7.25*40*4)*.3=348
>three hundred and forty eight dollars
yeah no shit, thats a pretty unrealistic amount for a rent or mortgage for anywhere but the most rural/under populated areas. bump it to 50% and 580 a month is far far more reasonable for bigger population centers. hell, i rented a 2 bed 1 bath 1000 sqft apartment in hell paso for 600 a few years back.

>dont most states have a higher one?
Its like 58%, and several only have a few cents more

then don't work minimum wage and make yourself valuable

Your math is off
It should be
(7.25*40)*(52/12)
So 1257*.3
People on min wage don't usually get two weeks vacation, and a month is usually 4.3 weeks

>students living with their parents
>not over 20
Most Americans are in school until they're at least 22.

>raise minimum wage
>rents raise at the same rate
>what is supply and demand
Learn basic economics. And I mean lemonade stand basic.

Room with people. Like almost everyone else has throughout all of time.

>40 hour work week
Did you just step out of a time machine from 1980?

keep voting for tax cuts for the rich....
maybe one day their money will trickle down to you...
that is what you believe, right?

Dirty dumb, low class scum. Fuck the prols.

No - I believe it's simply immoral to violently take people's property from them.
Like...
Woah...

Not true
Only about 65% of high school graduates go on to college, and 20% drop out during high school, and somewhere between 20 and 40 percent of college students drop out by the time they're 20.
Put them all together and there's no way more than half of 20 year olds are in college

>i rented a 2 bed 1 bath 1000 sqft apartment in hell paso for 600 a few years back.
I'm jelous as fuck all the fucking sandniggers bought up the apartments around here in sutter county, CA and they don't rent to whites except at stupid high prices so now no white people can find a place to fucking live. They are trying to drive us out of the town. Sikhs are NOT bros, they are as bad as kikes with less power.

>It's not immoral to stand by with zero compassion (and maybe even smug contentment?) while your countrymen starve to death and die of exposure while homeless?

>only 0.1% of people below 80 IQ are on an equivalent level to those above 120 IQ

>studies show that only .00001% of fry cooks own ferraris
Christ, I guess the only solution is communism then.

might want to change your flag then.

>it's another butthurt wageslave peasant thread

keep the tears coming /leftypol/

There are a multitude of government interventions in the market that contribute to this situation. The probable primary cause is our monetary system.

?
Literally everyone i know has a 40 hour work week
90% of my jobs, including my first two were 40 hour work weeks
I mean, if your argument is 40 hours are unlikely to pay merely min wage, you're probably right, but otherwise...

there's nothing to defend. if you work at mcdonalds 40hrs a week at entry level, you get a roommate and live in a 2br 1ba apt on the wrong side of town with no phone, no internet, no car payment, no health insurance, etc and get creative with ramen. when it comes to the last couple of days before payday, maybe you have to decide between your ramen and your after work cheap beer. this is how it was when min wage was 3.35 per hour and i suspect it's not much different now. ok if you're 18 or 20 years old. i had a ball. if you find yourself trying to live this lifestyle at 40 with maybe a couple of kids thrown in and no spouse, YOU FUCKED UP. it ain't anybody else's fault but your own.

I'm all for charity - what are you going on about?
Also, who is starving? There are food pantries canvassing the entire country.

No - anarchist is consistent with everything I believe.

If you can't afford to live, you shouldn't live.

Survival of the fittest.

It's simple: create more jobs that pay higher than minimum wage. More people earning minimum wage = more welfare recipients = more liberal voters.

Minimum wage in San Diego is $11.50, is that bad?

Welfare state, insane govt spending and programs, high taxes and inflation. Welcome to big government and the price everyone has to pay.

Minimum wage jobs are usually for highschool aged kids. If you are in your twenties working for that then you fucked up in life. There are plenty of warehouses that hire everyday starting off at 12-14 dollars an hour right out of highschool with no experience like Amazon. Thats nearly double minimum.

>ok if you're 18 or 20 years old

What is you are 19 years old?

wait a second. I thought red/black was ancom? Did I just get Bernstein Bear'd?

Depends. Are they cutting work hours like they're doing in Seattle? CA income taxes are horrendous too. I've earned minimum wage before and my paychecks got taxed to hell and back.

It's literally just "anarchist". It's a vanilla anarchist flag.

Part of the problem lies in the person, but also our stupid fucking School System. I don't care if you say "ah but high school and college are super impo-" they waste time, and 90% of that shit you aren't going to remember. Why? Because it's shit that you need for a Job you do not give a SINGLE fucking shit about. Education should work like this; Elementary > Middle > Career Specific Facility. Why the fuck do I need to know Algebra for fucking Neuro Surgery?

>Work minimum wage
>Only can afford studio and food
>No mojitos with friends in downtown 1-bedroom
>WTF
>Seize means of production
>Immediately starve

I'm in San Diego making minimum wage and 40 hours a week.

My paycheck comes at $395 per week.

too many niggers folks

I could have sworn the anarchist symbol was a red A with a circle around it on a white flag. But yeh no ancom flag here. Huh.

It's ridiculous.

what?
either everyone living on a set amount of money can afford something or nobody can.
where did that 1% come from?

That's about what I was making at my college job in Ohio. $410/wk

Damn, California, you scary.

Get a better job.

>Cost of living is the same everywhere in the US

You'd know that if you moved out of your mom's.

>when min wage was 3.35 per hr
yeah dude, i'm 19

It's vanilla on this site. It's why when you mouse over it it only says 'anarchist'.
I don't believe in rights or NAP so I can't use ancap.

>Minimum wage should only raise to keep up with inflation,
No. If an outright repeal is off the table, then it should be left alone so it will gradually drop in terms of real wage. Minimum wage is cancer, and keeping it alive with adjustments based on inflation is almost as cancerous as increasing it above inflation.

That's why I'm in college, nigger.

>It's another Boomer tells us about how he could actually survive on minimum wage episode

I figure if what I said was retarded, you people would have called me out on it. It ain't bait.

Then shut the fuck and stop complaining.

>Minimum wage is supposed to be minimum amount a person can live on and have their own really small basic place and enough food to survive
>Can't do that on one minimum wage job

gen x, friend

Get women out of the workforce and the problem will fix itself.

But it's harder to make ends meet when you're taxed to hell and back to fund gibsmedats.

>STOP EATING AVOCADOS! NOW PAY UP FOR MY HEALTHCARE!
t. boomer

>Why would you slave behind a desk for Mr. Goldstein 9 - 5 24/7/365 anyway

Our ideas are vast superior than the brain dead librals in their corrupt expensive Dem. run cities who continue to vote and support their tainted ideology even though they have been suffering it in their cities but are the most ignorant people in the world.

ever heard of roommate(s)? who told you you are entitled to your own place?

Get a real job, you commie LARPing faggot.

most people will agree that the school system is shit, I don't know what you were expecting

Being "working class" doesn't mean that you have to flip burgers for a living, stop being pathetic.

>Algebra for fucking Neuro Surgery?
your point was good but math is very important for almost all high-tier jobs. Geometry and the more advanced forms of it like trig are more important than algebra though. I fucking hate algebra, I think its a pointless and stupid form of making simple math more complex than it needs to be, but I understand why it's taught, I just wish you dot a choice between taking geometry or algebra first.

>Minimum wage is supposed to be minimum amount a person can live on

Says who? That is an opinion based on feelings.

>Can't do that on one minimum wage job

The fuck you can't. Maybe you can't also afford a car payment, a cell phone, cable, internet, eating out, etc. But that's the point. If you want more shit, get a better job or get a second job.

kuyashi

I was expecting to be argued against by Contrarians. But, I was wrong.

This is true everywhere.
Doesn't matter if you live in bumfuck nowhere, one minimum wage job is not enough for one room apartment and enough food to not starve.
>B-But muh entitlement
Are you seriously trying to argue that wanting shelter is being entitled? Jesus christ you're retarded.

>Not looking in a non-liberal location
>Not spending an extra 200 bucks for the extra room and getting a roommate
>Not knowing any of this
>Minimum wage job and going out alone
Fucking idiot.

The existence of more empty homes than homeless people entitles everyone to a place to live. Once upon a time, and still in some wholesome christian communities such as the Amish, a person becomes an adult and needs a place to live and the community comes together and helps the dude build a place to live, along with a barn, so he can raise a family and keep the community going. Community wants the benefit of new kids to replace the aging members, then it helps provide a home to the new productive members of its community.

If I'm not entitled to a place to live, then the community isn't entitled to my offspring, and I'll just go childless all the aging people can go without anyone younglings to care for them in their old age. All of you can just die, because you aren't entitled to my reproductive capacity and the labor of my children, or my own labor, or anything from me except my spite. You can have all of my spite.

Holy shit, a degenerate such as myself is part of the one percent!

36 hr a week line cook in a studio-esque cabin. yayyyy

please kill me.

I wonder why, since illegal Juan and his 15 kids will do it for almost nothing. If only there was a solution for this.

Don't forget the biggest issue: nobody will give a minimum wage job full time hours. I could do ok with $1600 a month, even here in commiefornia, but no one will give you 40 hours.

We're overregulated and oversubsidized. Welfare is part of the problem. The building codes are part of the problem. The minimum wage itself is part of the problem.

>Says who?
dol.gov/whd/minimumwage.htm
>The fuck you can't
Show me one place where a person working minimum wage can afford one apartment with enough food to survive.
>Maybe you can't also afford a car payment, a cell phone, cable, internet, eating out, etc. But that's the point. If you want more shit, get a better job or get a second job
Nowhere did I state that you retard boomer.

>fuck you, got mine
t. Sup Forums

That would be nice. But apparently, no one wants to do anything about our whole shitty system.

you realize what you posted WAS the contrarian opinion, right?

most people agree that the school system is shit, but most also want more government bullshit to "fix" it rather than less. It's insane. I'm convinced the school system is broken on purpose, and they only introduce even more broken policies so people give politicians attention. They need broken people, because those make good slaves and good voters

no. i'm arguing that there is no entitlement to your own domicile. when you make shit money, you find a couple of other people in the same circumstance and share a place. it ain't rocket science