Scottish and Irish appreciation thread

>be gaels
>dirt poor
>tiny population
>get invaded by nordicucks
>btfo them so very horribly
>get invaded by very angry englishmen
>btfo them many times with superior gallic steel
>despite the small population, colonise most of the known world and create most inventions within the British empire

Thread yesterday got raided by butthurt englishmen so please, don't come back!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NaSnrP87z-8
theguardian.com/science/2016/jul/28/yorkshire-is-most-anglo-saxon-region-in-the-uk-dna-analysis-suggests
unvis.it/theguardian.com/science/2016/jul/28/yorkshire-is-most-anglo-saxon-region-in-the-uk-dna-analysis-suggests
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_inventions_and_discoveries
reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/6szmeg/justin_barrett_clean_shaven/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

And now its time to kick out the fucking marxists and traitors.

Irish Candian here.

Aye, the SNP traitors and dastardly english politicians always trying to keep us down.

Ireland is fucking dead, m8. We are so left-wing. Nobody even knows it yet, but we are Sweden 2.0.

Irish people are head over heels in love with niggers and refugees and Muslims. This country died when our only proper nationalist party was co-opted by Marxist scum. It's over.

You have the highest birthrates in europe mate, and that new nationalist party is gaining some ground, more hope can be said of Ireland than the english bastards who willingly sell their own daughters to foreign invaders.

Unfortunately true. But the eventual swing will happen in due time. I'm quite certain of it.

good tune for you lads

youtube.com/watch?v=NaSnrP87z-8

FUCK THE ENGLISH!!!

Reminder to join Scottish Dawn or the National Party.

good tunes, mate.

Reporting from Ulster. Fuck Ir*land

For discussion of National Party. Reddit.com/r/thenationalparty

National party align with my interests very well, but what is their policy on independence? If they like the boots of anglos then what's the point?

Scottish Dawn I meant sorru

Do you consider Lowland Scots to be Celtic?

Ugh bloody uncle tom, surely sucking it up to the english gets boring sometimes? No? How petty...

I consider them scottish, what are you getting at?

Fair enough.

It's just that usually when Scotland is grouped in with other 'Celtic nations', some say that the Lowland Scots are actually more of Anglo descent than Celtic descent.

Reminder that Collins himself wanted good relations with Britain.
Reminder that Britain has never, ever, ever wanted Northern Ireland and only gave them the option to stay in the UK to stop them chimping out; they also tried to sell Northern Ireland to the Republic in WW2 but the Republic said no (Northern Ireland weren't informed until decades later.)

Reminder that Northern Ireland Loyalists are not to be feared or worried about since they are the least competent people in the isles.
Reminder that autistically hating the British is retarded since we are your best allies.

English people don't hate the Irish, we're just a bit sad how things turned out. I see Ireland as rightfully British but I'd rather see you all British or all Irish. NI is a humiliation to us both and thank fuck they they'll be done away with in due course.

Yeah, seconded. Religion and political circumstance put them in the shittiest position possible, and the more i've read on the situation the more i tend to sperg on NI less and less. No more brother wars, for fucks sakes.

>You have the highest birthrates in europe mate
France

>It's just that usually when Scotland is grouped in with other 'Celtic nations', some say that the Lowland Scots are actually more of Anglo descent than Celtic descent.

I read on a forum, one Scots nationalist saying Lowland Scots are a fifth column because they've been speaking English as long as.. the English.

Apparently you need to have Gaelic language heritage to be a true Scot (Gaelic is another language like English, of Indo-European, non-Isles origin).

Hypothetically, pro-Union Scots lowlanders would form a more cohesive political & ethnic union with the northern English counties than with their own countrymen.

Northern Ireland shouldn't exist. In the time that they have existed, the loyalists there have done more to damage Britain than they have the Irish.
The Troubles kicked off due to loyalists. No matter how nigger-tier the irish acted during it, the Loyalists killed more civilians, killed almost exclusively non-combatants and all meaningful impact against the IRA was done by the British, not the Loyalists.

The country is worthless, the people are worthless, and every second they exist is another day that we're made a mockery of. Anyone who thinks Protestants or British- Heritage would be purged in a UI is absolutely pants on head retarded.

Northern Ireland shouldn't exist. Most people here don't fucking care about and many forgot it even existed until the election happened and we saw how retarded the main "unionist" party is. Everyone called it "based" because muh anti-gay and anti-abortion when in reality a quick google search will reveal a slew of ways that they've fucked over their country and their electorates constantly.

Northern Ireland shouldn't exist. Ireland should be all British or all Irish.

Northern English have more in common with the natives of the british isles than Anglos, southerners are mixture of germanic and native.

WE

WE WUZ BRAZIL N SHIEEEET
>t. every englishman

some gael art

WUZ

Yes. I would say that Lowland Scots are a bridge between the more Celtic Highlands and the very Anglo North England.

The Anglos settled all over Eastern Lowland Scotland and the area was also once joined with Northumbria until the Kingdom of Scotland took control of it.

The 'Scots' language is a split from Middle English and seems to be closer to Old English than Standard English is.

I myself have a Scottish surname with Old Norse/Old English origins (Anglo) but 3/4 of my grandparents have surnames that come from the Gaels (1 Irish Gaelic, 2 Scottish Gaelic).

>Reminder that Northern Ireland Loyalists are not to be feared or worried about since they are the least competent people in the isles.
Thats the welsh, the welsh have a lower gdp than them

>low land scots being mixed
m8...

shoo wee englishman, nobody asked for you in this thread :)

"No Surrender" is a Northern Irish loyalist slogan you retard

wrong map lol

The Northern English have the highest percentage of Anglo DNA. It's likely that Lowland Scots have more Anglo DNA than the Southern English due to their proximity and genetic similarity with the Northern English.

theguardian.com/science/2016/jul/28/yorkshire-is-most-anglo-saxon-region-in-the-uk-dna-analysis-suggests

GDP isn't reflective of how competent a people are. NI loyalists are bottom of the carrel tier.

Without us you'd go back to eating each other Sawney Bean

back to art bumps

unvis.it/theguardian.com/science/2016/jul/28/yorkshire-is-most-anglo-saxon-region-in-the-uk-dna-analysis-suggests

Scotland above all!

>create most inventions within the British empire

Without us you wouldn't even have capitalism you fucking idiot, without us the industrial revolution would never have happened. Gaels per capita have created more than any other ethnicity in europe, stay mad anglonigger

Normans are cool.

Yes, the Scottish did.

I love our Gaelic friends, though. They're very friendly people.

>The Troubles kicked off due to loyalists
Nope. It kicked off because the republicans wanted representation in parliament, a law which the English put forth. The loyalists and Armed Forces killed more civilians due to the fact that they were fighting a guerilla enemy that when caught would say they were civilians.
The Loyalists were backed by the army and were given intel by the SAS and MI5, same side of the coin.
t. Father was an Officer for the Armed Forces who fought in the troubles
Most Irish inventions were created by Protestants, the harrier was invented by them

ooga booga me build rock

>Without us you wouldn't even have capitalism you fucking idiot, without us the industrial revolution would never have happened. Gaels per capita have created more than any other ethnicity in europe, stay mad anglonigger

Anglos are 70% Isles DNA

The 30% French/Belgian/Saxon/Norwegian DNA probably contributed a bit of hybrid vigour

KANGS

PROOF

i hate Scottish national pride B.S coming from a scotsman

>OOGA BOOGA EY JERRY LAD LET US STACK THESE BOULDERS ON TOP OF EACH OTHER EH? FOR GIGGLES EH?

Ireland is gay. Scotland is gayer.

Wrong.
The British Isles is majority celtic.
You think the anglo-saxons just genocided all the natives?

But it's true though. Plenty of maps show how the Anglos settled all over Lowland Scotland. They are still more Celtic than the Northern English but nowhere near as Celtic as the Highlanders.

Plus, you can see it reflected in place names, the Scots language, the way they look, etc.

>Gaels per capita have created more than any other ethnicity in europe
give me one example. you can't.
every prominent and noteworthy scot, ever, was a lowlander.
>wouldn't even have capitalism you fucking idiot
Was Adam Smith a highlander? No. Not a gael.
Just fuck off you teuchtar sheep shagging cunt, honestly.
utter embarrassment.

It kicked off after tensions were raised by loyalist aggression, combained with violent crackdowns on Irish civil rights marches. The laws in place actively discriminated against the Irish in the country because again, Loyalists are retarded.

The British Armed forces didn't kill that many civilians, they killed a roughly even number of IRA members and Civilians. The Loyalists-that's the paramilitaries and whatnot-killed almost exclusively non-combatant irish civilians.

We could just lump it all together and say "muh british and loyalists killed way more civilians" but I see our British troops as a separate entity to the Loyalists because again, Loyalists are not something I like to associate with.

To say "republicans started the troubles" is retarded, Loyalists in NI were shooting and bombing people before the IRA even started a campaign. Even before Bogside.

just look it up you acne-faced anglo.

Are you that uncle tom from yesterday's thread? Get to fuck wee man

Alexander Fleming - Penicillin
Adam Smith - Capitalism
Alexander Graham Bell - Telephone
John Logie Baird - Television
James Watt - Made the shitty steam engine viable and powered the industrial revolution

These are only the ones I can name off the top of my head, and that's just Scottish not Irish.

You were the ones that put those laws forward. You were the ones that colonized the place and now you sassenachs want to throw the place under the bus because you can't even maintain stability in your own colony.
It is entirely your fault.
>but I see our British troops as a separate entity to the Loyalists because again, Loyalists are not something I like to associate with.
Then you're retard because the armed forces literally shared intel with them.
Republicans didn't start the troubles that was the sassemachs. Shouldn't have colonised the place.

>Wrong.
>The British Isles is majority celtic.

Can you read?

I said the English are 70% Isles. That's probably on the low end.

Probably only a county like Norfolk, exposed to the North Sea, is 30% Anglo Saxon at best.

Yeah the real english men were out fighting for the empire.

Daily reminder the Scots invented some of the most important and useful things in the world, here is a few examples.

Tarmac (for roads)
TV
Telephone
Penicillin (anti-biotics)
Bike
The toaster
Refrigerator
The laws of electrodynamics
The tyre
Invention of special forces (SAS) still the best in the world
Universal standard time
Radar
The ATM and PIN
The worlds first portrait gallery
Modern economics
The theory of electromagnetism
The telescope
worlds first oil refinery
Fingerprinting
The first cloned mammal
Golf
Ice hockey
The syringe (ironic right?)
Diabetic medication
X-ray
General anaesthetic
The flush toilet
The lawnmower
The electric clock
The ghillie suit
Colour photography

And a billion other things
Not bad for a small country with a few million in its population eh?
Does this prove the Celtic people are in fact the master race?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_inventions_and_discoveries

If you appreciate Ireland then upvote this reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/6szmeg/justin_barrett_clean_shaven/

I have no issue with saying we've been assholes to the Irish in the past. The Troubles was a dirty war but simply but I don't group the average tommy in with darnell of the UVF. The actions of the higher ups were a bit odd but it's very hard to fight a guerilla war. The point is that I see Loyalists in NI act like they're super special ultra-British good guys whenever their side is no less morally reprehensible than the republicans and they certainly don't have the high ground.
I don't want them. If I could vote to throw them out I absolutely would. They aren't valuable and the literal only time anyone has ever seen them as useful is when someone said that they did pretty okay in WW1 as cannon fodder.

What the fuck even are gaels, i always thought it was a lingual group. Therefore calling yourself a gael just means you speak a gaelic language.

>real english men
>putting down peasants in India, angry savages with spears in Africa or getting utterly btfo by angry peasants in America

Wow lol some men you had there

those are all lowlanders.
people who live in the scottish lowlands are not gaelic. they don't speak gaelic. they've never spoke gaelic. they aren't descended from people who spoke gaelic.
learn the history of your own country you fucking delusional teuchter.
gaelic language and heritage was never anything more than a side-note in scottish history, literally existing on the fringes of highlands. It certainly wasn't a contributory factor to the scottish enlightenment.

>obviously has no proof
fuck off haggis wog

The Gaels are/were a Celtic group that inhabit(ed) Ireland and West Scotland.

>scottish come to america
>become backwoods welfare dependent methheads
>irish come to america
>turn the eastcoast into a crime infested hellhole
>english come to america
>create a world super power within 200 years

The only shock troops the empire had were the Scottish blackwatch.
That's fair. Note I am not backing up the loyalist. I hate them. I'm half Irish half Scottish and I live in a loyalist area, I hate the cunts. But both sides were equally as bad, the republicans didn't kill as many civilians because they had the army to take shots at. If the loyalists were fighting an Irish conventional army they would have killed more combatants.
And honestly they don't see themselves as the good guys, in fact they take pride in being bad guys for fuck sake they have murals of the serial killers "the shankill butchers".
I can also say that if you lived here you would see that anyone who has a brain here isn't loyalist or republican. It's only the working class that identify as republican or loyalist or whom glorify the IRA or UDA/UVF. The intelligent people here like to mingle with each-other and don't take a side.

You're a right fucking idiot aren't you? For starters Scots don't speak gaelic idiot, highlanders used to speak gaidhlig, gaelic is what the Irish use.

And you say lowlanders, that's because the highlanders were getting fucking shoved out their homes by fugly anglos so the highlanders and didn't have the opportunity to invent fuck all, they're the ones who moved to America.

Pro-indy anti-EU

The real nationalists.

Lowlanders that live in Scotland, therefore Scottish inventions. Also it's the low-lowlands that have anglo blood. Edinburgh has norse-gael blood and Glasgow has Irish blood.

From what I see most of the Irish throw votes at Sinn Féin because there simply isn't another option from them. They mostly seem to lean toward Finn Gael in reality.

Though that said the DUP seem to be the least representative party there is.
People vote them in, complain about them, they lose seats, SF gain seats, everyone panics and votes for them again. Absolutely retarded. The country shouldn't exist.

>hey've never spoke gaelic.
What about when the Irish kings assimilated the picts and made them all speak gaelic?
Also if you haven't noticed Ireland no longer speaks gaelic, only like 8 percent of people speak it there

The Gaels only inhabited Western Scotland. Most people in the Lothian area will have Celtic blood from the Picts or Brythonics (excluding mostly Anglo and Norse DNA that they have).

See this map: Gaels are the green.

>The country shouldn't exist.
Agreed. I think the most peaceful soloution though is for it to become an independent state but it wouldnt last a week.

It was a civil war, English people were those peasants in america at the time, the empire was also engaged in war with another global empire at the time so what can you expect resources and man power was spread.

Might is right anyway, you can't say shit about empires as Scotland tried to do the same as England but failed

>>scottish come to america
>>become backwoods welfare dependent methheads
i know your education system is bad, but surely you can't be serious.
the scots literally built your country.
Wealth of Nations?
established the US Navy?
Flouted english blockades to keep you supplied during the revolution?
just to mention a few things. you ungrateful fuck.

What made the celts any different from the indo-europeans other than language?

>exluding mostly anglo and norse dna that they have
You are wrong it is not mostly
see:

>britcucks

where did i say they weren't scottish inventions?

Yeah, that was mistake on my part because even people from Yorkshire only have an average of 41% Anglo DNA (dunno if that factors in Norse DNA though).

It would still be pretty high there though compared to North-West Scotland.

inbreeding

>ITT: Divide and Conquer faggots

Everytime. You retards do the same thing every single time.

Fuck off, appreciating specific aspects of certain people while playfully bantering isn't divide and conquer. >

>daily reminder that it was a scottish king who united the crowns

I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure Celts developed in Central Europe but overtime they were pushed away by other groups. The purest Celts were known as the Insular Celts and they were secluded in the British Isles (allowing them to develop and become distinct in their own way) until the Romans showed up, followed by the Germanics who themselves were actually similar to Celts.

British Empire was Scottish as much as it was English. At one point the Scottish company Jardine Mathesons funded 1/3rd of it, they were the ones that started the Opium Wars>>>become backwoods welfare dependent methheads
That's wrong though.
The best people that built America were Scots-irish or Scottish
Andrew Jackson
James Knox Polk
Andrew Johnson
Ulysses S. Grant[79]
Chester A. Arthur
Benjamin Harrison
William McKinley
Theodore Roosevelt
Woodrow Wilson
Harry Truman
Richard Nixon
Patton
Jefferson Davis.
Shit even Trump is a Scottish American

It's not our fucking fault that english come here to raid, what's wrong with appreciating two european cultures?