The more I learn about science the more I become a theist...

The more I learn about science the more I become a theist, firstly because there was such a tiny chance that life would come about in a random, uncaring universe and secondly because of the way human consciousness can change reality on a quantum level.
Oh I mean the earth is 6000 years old, evolution is a scam, big bang never happened adam and eve not adam and steve.
The latter is what you retarded atheist fucks immediately think when you hear that someone believes in god, the former is what most theists actually are. We do not have to debunk your 'arguments' against god but I'm sure would like to hear about them.

Read pic related and you'll know the truth.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FL65rpg_TJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=wjmFm8PIz8M
youtube.com/watch?v=oGUlWa2r-bk&t=686s
youtube.com/watch?v=XTtDhvk_aw4&t=70s
youtube.com/watch?v=DBSIs2bHi5g&t=4s
youtube.com/watch?v=d90NM9tgDQE
youtube.com/watch?v=rBIs8cuIwTo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the universe is full of life and jesus was an alien

why don't you become a statistician you fucking retard

The universe is filled with death.

Aliens are Demons.

Jesus Christ is GOD

swallow the red pill
youtube.com/watch?v=FL65rpg_TJ0

>Tiny chance
You have no idea what the odds are, nor does anyone alive.
>Random
In fact, nobody alive knows if it was even a random event, and that's not an assertion of physicists.
>Consciousness changes quantum state
I'm not sure you have any idea what the fuck you're talking about. Feel free to try again.
>Genesis is true
Yeah. Okay.

here's a redpill for you user: in a materialistic deterministic universe there is no random chance. life was either inevaitable since the first moment universe existed, or it was created by an intervention. either way, life is meaningful.

The big bang was a miracle, and a miracle requires a god. So there must be a god. And Jesus Christ also performed miracles such as his resurrection from the dead, so he must be God.

At least that's how I understand it.

Tell me why you think that the people thousands of years ago were even trustworthy in what they wrote about what Jesus did and the proof they say they attained about the existence of God, miracles, angels, so on.

Why do you trust these sources? People who lived at a time when superstition was rife, nobody knew even the reason their drinking water was killing them, everyone was manipulating each other for political gain, and people were desperate to come up with answers to explain their world, their pain, and have hope. And you're willing to live your entire life based solely on the words of those people?

his apparent necromancy skills were the result of his advanced alien medical equipment

You shouldn't really be conflating actual science ( i.e. physics, chemistry, engineering ) with "science" and atheist groups. Also replacing some atheist theory with some theist theory is taking your head out of the ground and sticking it in another pile of dirt.

Most actual scientists are very pragmatic - in the sense that they only worry about the things that can be empirically proven or realistically theorized using known data. I have actually discussed this with a christian colleague and he told me that mathematics is the closest you will get to god or whatever that has brought into existence the universe. So there is that.

There were dozens of witnesses to Christ's resurrection (which was recorded by Roman and Jewish authorities) and even when they were persecuted and threatened with death unless they renounce their testimonies, not one did. Who dies for a lie which they invented, and they have nothing to gain from? Those who saw and knew Christ was their Lord.

Mormons are not welcome.

Alright, this is not going anywhere. I originally made this thread to know if Sup Forums was theist or atheist, ca I get a direct answer to that?

Sup Forums is a star trek board. you should buy a starfleet uniform. 3 colors to choose from

TOS suits were better.

christian

Christian

Sup Forums is a Christian board.

I do. I know.

The chances of life randomly creating itself is zero.

Fair understanding. Work on it though. God doesn't work with explosions. Everything was put in place and then stretched out.

Let's see your proof.

Wheres your proof of life being created randomly? There's more proof of it being deliberate i.e. a miracle than anything else.

>Wheres your proof of life being created randomly?
I have no proof and I make no such claim.

>There's more proof of it being deliberate i.e. a miracle than anything else.
Show me your proof, then.

if you read the bible properly you will realised the earth is NOT 6000 years old. The point of the bible is about the testimony of God and History of his Chosen people and NOT world history which started about 6000 years ago.

I bet you took the parables literally

My proof is the fact that we can't find any natural law to explain the creation of all life so it's by definition a miracle.

That's not proof, you moron, that's wild speculation by an absolute idiot.

Jesus is not God.
as this contradicts the Isaiah 53 and even the revelation 1 verse 1

The whole "nature is too perfect and beautiful to be explained by science, God has to exist" thing always baffles me. It's far from perfect and if you really examine things, it seems pretty random and chaotic. That perfection is just the human mind trying to attribute an origin to everything.

p(L)=0

Isaiah 53 directly speaks of Jesus, so no, it does not contradict Jesus at all.

No clue what you're on about with the Revelation verse.

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John

How does that contradict Jesus?

The whole "yeah, the cosmological constant cannot vary more than 1 part in 10^120 for life to exist, but hey, here we are, so it just happened at random" thing baffles me.

And that's just 1 constant that has to be perfect.

OP if you are really on a search for truth you need to read the Sumerian tablets because they are the Source of the OT.

Then you should read the Nag Hammadi because Gnosticism is the source of the NT.

The Demiurge is not God.

(((Aliens))) are just another satanic lie.

youtube.com/watch?v=wjmFm8PIz8M

Come to Jesus.

I bet Hebrews 1:8 confuses you too.

Hebrews 1
But to the Son He says:

“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”

Well would you look at that. God calling Jesus "God".

OP is less of a faggot than you are.

This. Jesus was just a super pure alien who incarnated on earth to save us from (((them))), but the Jews kiked it up as always and now trump will usher in anudda great shoah

>there was such a tiny chance that life would come about in a random, uncaring universe

...and that "tiny chance" is the only chance. There's a minuscule chance of winning the lottery, but someone always does.

Christcucks are embarrassing brainlets. Sandnigger religions are cancer.

>what is the father, son and holy ghost

Jesus (the son) is God.

That is proof. How else do you explain the existence of life? "I don't know" isn't a good enough answer.

God and the angels are aliens. Way to go. Finally got something half right.

Interdimensional aliens, not extraterrestrial aliens.

When just 1 variable has to be finely tuned to the extent that the cosmological constant is, 1 part in 10^120 (10^40 times more than there are atoms in the universe), you stop talking about things happening randomly.

If you're not an idiot, that is.

That's basically why I because a believer after years of being a de-facto atheist. I discovered that the public's perception and even the pop-sci version of things was quite different from the actually science, and the actual science lined up better with Christianity than naturalism.

Nothing physical contains within itself the genesis of its own creation.

Nothing.

"I don't know" is a perfectly acceptable answer. Better than making up bullshit and spreading lies.

Prove it.

You know what else is a perfectly valid answer?

"God did it".

Spontaneous generation has been debunked for centuries.

Do try to catch up.

Here's the proof.

It's a falsifiable statement that you cannot falsify.

Jesus is Lord.
Best proof there is; kikes hate him with the passion of a gorillion shoahs.

Prove it.

No it aint. Everything happens for a reason. I'll accept we don't know the natural law behind the creation of life, and I believe there isn't a natural law behind it and it's a miracle. You're the moron claiming that there is some natural reason for life out there (we just dont know it duuurrrr) even though there is NO PROOF and no recorded random creation of life.

The proof is right in front of you. All the life you see before you, a miracle. No natural law to explain it. God did it.

Dude you don't know shit about science. There is a MASSIVE chance the universe is teeming with intelligent life and there's HUNDREDS of easily viable explanations for the Fermi paradox (if aliens are everywhere, where is the evidence?). In an infinite set, infinite possibilities can occur, making it inevitable that life will as well, not a random chance, but inevitable fact.

The only fucking argument for God is one from the stance of there being, logically, a prime mover, aka an uncaused cause. There are no arguments for specific gods named Allah, Jehova, YHVH, Jesus, Ra, EA, Zeus, etc.

>God did it
Prove it.

I was an atheist my whole life until a few years ago. Didn't see that coming, fucking heisenberg.

The argument for Jesus is that he performed miracles which have been recorded by Roman and Jewish authorities as well as dozens of eyewitness testimonies.

Life is not a miracle it is an eventuality. It is inexorably bound to happen, no matter what.

I make no such claim. I merely ask for proof of claims made by others. So far none has been forthcoming.

The creation of life was a miracle and only a god can perform miracles.

You're like a broken record. Say something other than "Prove it" and actually read what I'm saying.

How did the universe come to be?

"God did it."

See? Perfectly acceptable answer.

Every event had zero probability of happening yet one of them had to happen.
It's like I tell you to pick a number between 0 and 1. Each has zero probability of being chosen, and I bet the chosen one is going to feel "special" like you.
We exist by chance and that is a beautiful thing. Embrace meaninglessness

It is a miracle. There is no natural law to explain it.

Zero is not a massive chance. It's zero.

No they weren't at all. There isn't a single historical document confirming any miracles performed by a Jesus. What there is are documents written after Christ's death that are hardly considered historically accurate. There's many contradictions and unanswered questions about these historical documents and they are heavily debated.

No miracle of that sort has ever occurred. Nor will ever occur again.

From nothing comes nothing.

Things that happen have no probability assigned to them.

You really are retarded, aren't you? Such claims require proof or they can be easily dismissed as bullshit. So let's see your proof that God did it.

T H E
G O Y I M S'
S A V I O U R
I S
T H E
E M A N C I P A T I O N
O F
I N T E L L E C T U A L I S M
D E V I L R Y
! !

T H E
B R A I N
I S
T H E
C A N C E RO U S
T O O L
O F
B E Ë L Z E B U B
(a.k.a. S A T A N)
(a.k.a. Y A H W E H)
! !

>only a god can perform miracles

Are you a god? Who are you to say what Gods can or cannot do?

lol, this copypasta response...describe the cosmological constant for me, please. Try not to copy Wikipedia.

Calling burden of proof on this one

Not when you know what you're talking about.

God is the title for the being who created the universe.

Saying God created the universe is merely repeating the definition of God.

Your candidate for God may differ; you seem like one of those idiotic Time and Chance worshipers.

The nature of the universe and physics itself is what allows for life to exist. There is no possibility of life not occurring. There is only possibility of it occurring.

This is not debatable you cuck. It is a mathematically proven fact that due to the size of the universe, the number of stars and the number of Earthlike planets within the same zone around their stars as Earth is around Sol, there is an overwhelming likeleyhood life exists elsewhere. The only debatable part is if it exists where is the evidence of alien ships or mega structures or ET signals, this is the Fermi paradox. And there's plenty of answers for it.

M#rmons, pls go away

Obviously you haven't learned much. One day you will graduate high school.

St Paul confirms the resurrection of Christ in 1 Corinthians 15:3-8

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:

6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.

8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

This is extremely innacurate. Ere's a range of parameter that wo6ld have permitted some sort of life

Some pretty intelligent people have been trying for decades to even come up with a *possible* pathway for the origin of life, and have thus far failed. That sounds like the opposite of "inexorably bound to happen".

>Not when you know what you're talking about.
Knowledge requires proof, otherwise it is faith. So, prove it. If there is a god prove it exists, and if it did create the universe prove it did so. If you have no proof you have nothing.

It's the rate of expansion of the universe. Too fast, and everything falls apart. Too slow, everything crunches back together.

Has to be perfect to 120 places, or no life bearing universe exists.

Hey, I have an idea. Why don't you prove something? Anything? Got any answers at alL?

Nope. The constant has been downgraded since its creation and approaches zero now.

It's actually zero. They're not quite ready to admit defeat yet.

You want me to prove the creation of life was a miracle? Ok, a miracle is something which has no natural law to explain it, yes? And there is nothing which explains the creation of life, yes? So the creation of life was a miracle.

>The nature of the universe and physics itself is what allows for life to exist
So you're saying the laws of nature created life? Do you have any proof for that?

Yup, and vary just that one to the 121st place, and the rest don't matter.

Aaaaand ther is proof of it being "a miracle"? Why are you so afraid of not knowing?

God knows.

Is it faith to know that God knows?

This is an older story taken from other religions and molded into one. Kind of like the great flood myths. There have been plenty of "sons of deities" that died and were resurrected in mythology. The Bible is not a historical source of information unless other historical documents unrelated to the bible also confirm the same things and they DON'T.

Your religion has stolen and replaced many older stories and religious rites/practices/holidays.

Yes, because something does not come from nothing, naturally. Ever.

More bullshit from the brain dead "gnostic".

You make the definition of "gnostic" ironic as fuck.

Come on, man, you must have some sort of proof. Anything at all. You talk such big talk but when it comes right down to it you seem to have nothing to back up your words. So far everything you've said this entire thread has been utterly devoid of meaning as you have no proof to back up your statements - not a single one.

>Wot
You tell me you cannot calculate the probability of a real fenomena?
Kek

Hahahaha what a load of bollocks. Paul's Corinthians letter is authentic even critical scholars agree. And in what way is Christianity "taken from other religions".

Does God know? Yes or no.

Things that happen have no probability assigned to them.

(Statistics 101)

The universe is infinite. In an invite set, infinite possibilities can occur, thus everything that can happen will happen. Life can happen, we know this because we exist, thus life is inevitable. Physics simply allows for it to exist, and with enough time it inevitably will. This logic is the same logic used to prove a prime mover or an uncaused cause. Logically, it's only possible for there to be a cause that is uncaused. There is no possibility that there is NOT a cause that is uncaused, there is only the possibility there is, therefore there is. No probability is all actuality.

>The only fucking argument for God is one from the stance of there being, logically, a prime mover, aka an uncaused cause

This is the only proof needed, and to disregard it is to be an ignorant fool. An eternal God needs to exist for anything else to exist.

As for proof of a single God, we must look towards history. We see remnants of Sodom and Gomorrah, chariots at the bottom of the red sea, the Shroud of Turin, miracle of the sun, and the star of Bethlehem among other countless occurrences which you goytheists don't like to talk about.

youtube.com/watch?v=oGUlWa2r-bk&t=686s
youtube.com/watch?v=XTtDhvk_aw4&t=70s
youtube.com/watch?v=DBSIs2bHi5g&t=4s
youtube.com/watch?v=d90NM9tgDQE
youtube.com/watch?v=rBIs8cuIwTo

I want to know why there needs to be a god
If you can bring me a real argument and not the HURR DURR LOOK AT THE VERY LOW POSSIBILITY TO LIFE (there are billions of galaxies with billions of stars with loads of planets each, it doesn't seem to be that much difficult or strange anymore)
Since god is unknowable (and still there's no reason for this too, why is he unknowable, like he likes to troll people? Is he shy? Lmao) is not even worth questioning him. If he's real or not, we'll never know and hence the discussion is futile

The Word of God is nothing to you?

What a shame. And to be so proud, so arrogant, when you're so ignorant as to the truth of the universe. But you think you're a seeker, don't you.

You have no idea you're in open rebellion against God.

I make no claims as to whether a god if it even exists knows anything. You are the one making the absurd claims here. Prove it.

The universe is not infinite.

Ok, so you define "miracle" as "not knowing". Ok, it's a miracle I guess then