Scientology

Is this a legit religion or a cult? I've heard they murder people who disagree with them, and go to great lengths to Fuck the life out of anyone that opposes them?

What do you guys know about Scientology?

youtu.be/Jd9QMCUper8

(you might need to get opera and change your region to the Netherlands to watch this).

i know a shit ton about Scientology ask away

it was started by a mediocre science fiction author and their devil is an alien called "Lord Xenu"
you do the math

funny thing is its actually xemu
thats why Scientologists never say they've heard about him. that and most Scientologists actually haven't most are preclears.

It's a moneymaking scheme masquerading as a cult masquerading as a religion. the only reason they're treated as a religion is because they threatened to dox and sue every single employee of the IRS.

Prior to that they'd tried implanting a bunch of spies into the IRS, stealing and falsifying documents, and a bunch of other tactics

are the rumors of rape, torture, murder, and imprisonment true?

Also, why hasn't anyone seen the wife of Miscavige for a long time? Is she dead?

yes but not as wide spread as you would think some cases of murder and some cases of child molestation and rape but they dont usually have to go that far to keep people in line.
been trying to look into shelly for a a while i think shes still alive just north of big blue and shes watched over 24/7 by a security firm.

Well like nearly everything else on here, it's probably Jewish. Even if it isn't, it's still a cult.

you have to dig pretty deep but its actually a mix of Freudian psychology and a sort of Thelema.

Greatest tax write off ever. Imagine being rich enough to take advantage of those Scientology slaves; housekeepers, chauffeurs, pilots, personal assistants, etc.

>a legit religion or a cult?
What's the difference?

in america its classified as a religion because hubbard got more and more into mind altering drugs when he was chasing an entitiy he dubbed the empress. this riddles scientology with things like past lives and the so called MEST, Thetans etc.
however in Britain its not a religion because there its any worship of anything.

What is thelema? I'm watching the vid in the OP and it says basically that LRH was a friend of Jack Parsons, who was a student of Aleister Crowley (we all know the sorts of things he was into).

I have also noticed that scientology makes use of quite a few occult symobls (take a look at the pic I posted in ).

>Is this a legit religion or a cult
define your terms, when does one become the other?

thelema was a spiritual philosophy of perusing your purpose in life and then living that purpose essentially it was made by crowley.
alot of people dont know that side of scientology but it explains alot about the symbolism. and its when hubbard came back from ww2 and moved in with parsons and really got into the occult where the real lasting motivation behind scientology formed aside from money.

this

basically hubbard ontop of scientology was heavily into the occult and believed he was being watched over and guided by an entity called the empress or the egyptian goddess hathor.

>Is this a legit religion or a cult?
What is the difference? The most prominent religion on the planet is nothing more than a sand nigger cult.

Wow, you guys are so deep! Really opened my eyes about religion! You guys must be in college or something to be so smart!

so what's the difference?

> le fedora meme
Delusional faggots, religions are created and forgotten all the time, what makes you think your truth is any truer than others

Ah, yes, don't answer the question, just deflect with implications. That'll prove you're right.

It lost the classification in 1968, since it was pretty clear they were just using tax-exemption to profit. Then they employed all the before mentioned underhanded tricks to force the IRS to give it back

For whatever reason other countries managed not to fall to them. Germany still views them explicitly as a cult, for instance.

cults are usually smaller in size and revolve around the non direct worship or admiration of a single individual. where religions can come in various flavors of spiritual pursuit cults can as well but with different aims. the aim of the admiration of the leader or the leaders ideas. so in essence religions can continue after the leader dies and can bring forth many offshoots. whereas a cult usually dies with the leader.

>the aim of the admiration of the leader or the leaders ideas
Sounds like Christianity desu

>le ebin hat meme XD

You guys look dumber than the fedora wearers themselves when you bring it up

kinda vague desu

Size isn't relevant, christianity was essentially a cult back then when it started and got spread out for whatever reasons (political, etc)

exactly operation snow white was the largest infiltration of a u.s. government entity ever. that never happened in any other country elsewhere scientology is just small fries. some people actually theorize Scientology was taken over by the government although with the amount of members now and general activities this seems unlikely. also to top it off as miscavige got to the top before hubbard died layer upon layer of corporate entities were made to shield the figurehead from legal repercussions.

>Is this a legit religion or a cult? I've heard they murder people who disagree with them, and go to great lengths to Fuck the life out of anyone that opposes them?
Islam is definitely a cult

It was started by L Ron Hubbard. Who was a disciple of Crowley, and friend of Oppenheimer and Jack Parsons.

Why was it a cult and not just 12 guys who were learning from someone who they considered to be more spiritually developed

They trick a celebrity into a Catholic-style confession, record it, then blackmail them with it for life. That's literally the whole thing. The religious trappings are just to get the marks (rich stupid people, e.g. movie stars) to do "auditing."

basically most cults are when a person takes advantage of spirituality for personal aims. usually with great doses of psychological manipulation. however doomsday cults also exist and tend not only roughly fit this mold.

I was thinking more about the early churches that sprouted in the 1st century that were basically considered jewish sects

>basically most cults are when a person takes advantage of spirituality for personal aims
So you recognize that Christianity is a cult.

The difference between a religion and a cult is political power.

How can you know the person's motivation?

and isn't the attitude of the follower to the leader more the defining feature of the cult

I once had a chance to talk with L. Sprague DeCamp, the late science fiction and fantasy author. He knew L. Ron Hubbard personally, long before Dianetics and Scientology. He confirmed that Hubbard used to say: "The way to get rich is to start a religion." While it's possible there was some sincerity involved, Hubbard was well-known for self-promotion and some dishonesty (e.g. lying about his war record). DeCamp seemed to think the whole thing was just a money-making scheme.

I also know at least one ex-Scientologist who was hounded and defamed by them. They are notorious for persecuting apostates.

Christianity itself is not a cult but it can be used to create cults and in fact most groups that can be classified as cults are christian cults. however Christianity is simply a set of beliefs and can taken or left what makes it a cult its not so much what they believe so much as how they believe

>know about Scientology?

All you need to know about Scientology is found in the documentary "Going Clear".

Interesting, I am inclined to believe this. I was watching the documentary and some guy was saying he had dinner with miscavige all the time and that miscavige would comment on Tom Cruises sex life and how perverted he was. I wonder how he had that information.

Also I see symbols of pic related in Scientology all the time, as well in other occult circles. What does it mean?

Christianity is a sect of the cult of Yahweh, sweetie.

Go on...

the relationships are what really kinda define a cult and this is why its hard to define what a cult is by just beliefs alone. basically just think of what happened to brian wilson from the beach boys and his relationship with his therapist but blow that up with multiple people. it could range from a relationship with a therapist to a political of spiritual bases but what remains is an unhealthy relationship at its core that serves the aims of a single individual.

They're all cults, one gets promoted to "religion" when it's sufficiently popular

I would say they serve the aims of both people- one to have followers and one to abnegate their critical thinking to someone else

ya blew it

The reality is that YOU guys are truly the idiots. YOU can't explain evolution; you have FAITH that some "scientist" somewhere figured it out and is telling you the truth. You morons think the same people who are saying there is a “spectrum” of genders and that children should be given medicine to stop puberty are honest people with your best interests at heart. You don’t know the science behind these things, so you can’t be said to have knowledge, but you have FAITH in them that they are telling you the truth.

YOU can’t explain global warming; you have FAITH in some scientist that he knows what he’s talking about and that he’s telling you the truth. The same people who praise and celebrate sodomy even though it’s statistically shown to spread fatal diseases and other miseries are the ones telling you “there is no God, the earth was made by mistake and so were you.”

YOU can’t explain how evolution literally violates the known laws of the universe (biogenesis and the law of entropy) so you have FAITH that at some point these laws were suspended (“abiogenesis” anyone?) so your pet theory can be plausible and you can continue in your sodomy and transgenderism without your conscience bothering you.

THAT is why we all laugh at atheists. You mock faith yet have faith in concepts so idiotic that even those ancient illiterates that you call sand people knew they were absolute trash. You have been convinced, through your own arrogance, that you understand the universe and that your intellect is broad enough to fathom the beginnings and nature of the cosmos.

But you are in for a big surprise. When you die you’ll see that you were wrong all along, that you failed at the most basic purpose of life which was to search for God, and unless you repent of your arrogance and idiocy, you will rue these mistakes for ever.

That is why we mock atheists.

that's a whole lot of assumptions

Cult. We know for a fact that L Ron Hubbard was disingenuous with his intentions when founding Scientology.

>That's a lot of assumptions.

Exactly right and exactly why I'm not an atheist.

I really like cults. I think that they can and many times are better than major religions in that they're not afraid to pursue their own ideologies and don't tone things down for mass appeal. Scientology is just a corporation-religion. What they believe doesn't really even matter too much because it costs money to learn about their religion so most members don't know much about it themselves. As far as I'm concerned it just exists to be for goyim in Hollywood what Judaism is for jews.
My favorite cult is the Heavens Gate cult because they really truly believed in what they were doing and tried their hardest to be pure and holy. To me it's more admirable than any major religion.