How do we heal the divide in this nation and build consensus again?

How do we heal the divide in this nation and build consensus again?

Is it impossible in the age of the Internet, where every viewpoint is given a platform and the mist extreme inevtiably attract the most attention?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=kNA58tTMH-E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>How do we heal the divide in this nation and build consensus again?

You can't heal the divide between whites and non-whites. Only race war.

Interbreeding would help.

seconding race war, this is the only realistic option

Fucking hell that gif is triggering

No, Kalegheri

virgin

why would we need consensus? people have differing opinions, so long as they don't get violent about them, that is a good thing. only way for true consensus would be going full north korea

Taking a step back to look at the shitstorm from afar, the most effective method would actually be to unite with the protestors against .
Nothing brings people together like a common enemy, and we all have one in this guy.

>people have differing opinions, so long as they don't get violent about them,
That's the key. We have a clear enemy in those who are pushing and enacting violence. The violencemongers are the enemy now.

Obama built consensus in 2008, even if he quickly lost it.
Japan has largely had consensys for decades.
Reagan had consensus in 1984.
It's possible in a democracy

This

But both leftists and white nationalists are committing violence.

No, its impossible because only one side of this conflict is based on facts, which the internet essily provides to everyone.

Obama built consensus on hollow words

Japan built it on a homogeneous culture

Reagan built it on selling out the middle class and being an all around piece of shit behind his warm exterior.

practice shows you are a retard

And which side might that be?

Everyone committing violence is more than likely hired to do so, or provoked into it by their own leadership. Just look at Eric Clanton. University 'professor', unless I'm wrong.
Any kind of leadership within these ranks (on both sides) should be immediately suspect.

I like this gif

who is that woman and does she have nudes?

I do too.
She's a cutie.

Nudes would ruin it.
Take the clothed-pill, user.

i don't think that everyone who commits violence is neccessarily a plant. sure, it is never unlikely, but given the sense of moral superiority on the left, and the martial, survivalist rhetoric on the right, it should not be surprising to see violence from either side

It's not surprising at all, but when left to their own devices, the left is only interested in violence against windows and trashcans. They are trying to make a point (badly, i might add) but at the end of the day, we mostly have a common enemy.
Sure, we both want exactly opposite things, but none of that is allowed to grow naturally when one side or the other (or both, in this case) is co-opted.

by common enemy, do you mean the political establishment? and if you say co-opted, do you mean to say that both antifa and the alt-right are essentially controlled opposition?

You can't build consensus with democracy, it's better to follow China's example.

It shouldn't be healed, 'murrica is cancerous and a divide will help "extract" the few redpilled youth away from the masses

"Healing" and paritsan politicas are the single road to civic-nationalist Brazilification

m.youtube.com/watch?v=kNA58tTMH-E

(((You)))

>(((consensus)))

Unless you have a common collective goal, you can not debate people. You're going to have to convince one side or another. Basically, not going to happen.

>you cannot convince someone you don't already agree with
are you retarded?

Unless you can agree on who is the collective, no gains can be made towards the divide. You cannot convince someone you don't agree with on that precept towards any meaningful measure.

BLOOD

AND

IRON

Haha. Where am I at in my life that I responded, and respectfully at that, to a weeb?

Unironically top-notch slapstick comedy. If Jake Paul came up with the skit himself my respect for him as a creative just went way up.

60-90% homogeneous population.
You cannot run a democracy or a constitutional republic effectively without sufficient consensus.

what exactly do you mean by the collective? that would be part of the framing of the discussion. i doubt that you disagree so fundamentalyy with many people that the definition of terms would become a problem. and what is "the divide"?

democracy is the opposite of consensus. a majority is not a consensus. a democracy can also obviously function with a significant divide between the majority and the minority, as can be seen right now all over the world.

we need an annual purge just like the movie

the divide is what OP said
The collective meaning who benefits from this goal. The framing of the discussion is meaningless because the division is over who is the collective. That's the extremity.

abused sycophant.

>white nationalists protest a statue peacefully and with all proper paperwork
>Soros busses in wild niggers and state government dumps then right next to nationalists Amd tells cops to stand down basically
>violence erupted
>hardest attack was some white nationalist under very questionable circumstances
>media jumps all over that and puts all blame on white nationalism

Don't ask questions, goy