Is he right Sup Forums?

Would wealth redistribution really help everyone?

The reality is all the wealth would just go to the people doing the redistributing,

Lol ok make it a one time only wealth redistribution. The rich who own corporations are going to get rich again, and the lazy/uneducated poor people will squander everything they were given within one generation. Probably even less and then the country will be back in the exact same place it is currently.

If everyone had that much money, that would then become the new middle-class you commie fucktard.

Jesus, I didn't know they made people this dumb

Do people believe that wealth means having X amount in the bank? Billionaires don't have a billion just sitting in a bank

and they all would spend it in stupid shit and another indivudal people would become millionares again

Maybe. I think the only reason a lot of poor people are poor is because they got dealt a shit hand in life and had no chance from jump street. Conversely there's a fuck ton of rich and upper middle class people who just coast through life because it's practically impossible for them to fail.

If everybody started out on a level playing field I think we'd see some real change.

fbp

This doesn't work, because there will be people who out of good will do more work but would end up not getting payed for that work. Now, if you had the kind of society where work output is equal for all, you would need to have people to do something with their spare time, but people have to work in movie theaters, theme parks, etc. At that point, you need robots or automation of some sort.

People should have the desire to work hard and earn it.

Cool, so now I and my employer both have equal money and he can't pay me. Also, if I know my money is just going to be taken from me in vast quantities, then I'm not going to put much effort into making more of it since I won't be seeing any rewards for my hard work.

>I think
powerful argument bro

aaaand a low-tier house now costs 8 million dollarydoos. thanks Hayes Davenport!

Redistribution of wealth is the most important factor in keeping a nation prosperous. That doesn't mean the government gives people money that don't deserve it but it sure don't mean allowing money to funnel to the already super rich

isnt that $94 trillion? Or is my math wrong?

>every household given close to 1mil
>everybody quits their jobs
>nothing gets done
>america collapses

WOW GREAT IDEA HEH

Yes it would. Prove you aren't just a greedy, envious degenerate and write a check to the IRS for all the money you have. They will redistribute it. OH you meant OTHER people's money. faggot.

yeah, the level playing field already happened, it's called the big bang

No, it's literally stealing from people who have worked hard.

If someone stays poor for their entire life, they're terrible with money.

Not to mention everything will inflate in price in order to match the sudden influx of money everybody has to toss around.

Sounds nationalistic. Why would he not share the wealth with the whole world? #NoBorders #ArbitraryDivides

>everyone is now equally rich
>cost of living goes up
>previously poor people squander their new money
>can't survive with the new high cost of living
>we're back where we started

>I think
No, obviously you haven't. If you actually worked with, interacted with daily, you would understand exactly why the poor are poor; they are simply fucking stupid, and often equally stupid with their money.

A part of me always hopes to see them live their dream and get crashed mentally and physically by it.. but i remember ill be there too

Nah, you're right. I just don't know how he got his exact amount that he divides by.

No. Many of the households would have 760k for all of 5 minutes until most of it was blown away. Stocks for Newports and Malt Liquor would skyrocket however and you could make a fortune off of that.

>everyone has the same amount of money
>instant uncontrollable inflation

It will help everyone except the top 0.1% so yes everyone who matters.

There's a comic with Scrooge Mcduck and Donald duck where everyone becomes rich and now prices go up dramatically. It's literally what would happen if everyone became rich. Nobody would work except people who like working. Want to fly from NY to Hawaii? Good luck, all the pilots left because they're "rich"

You authoritarian shitfucks are getting redistribution of wealth confused with giving everyone the exact Sameer amount of wealth. Trickle down dipshits

No. A child could explain why it's a stupid idea--but I'll do it instead.

First: What happens if every household has 780,000 dollars? What happens to all of the carpenters, retail workers, welders, construction workers, roofers, etc. Who now have 10 years worth of back pay--enough to buy stocks and mutual funds sufficient to live off of the interest for the rest of their lives?

Well I'll tell you what WON'T happen, they WON'T go to work the next day. If a carpenter agrees to do shit for you, it'll be at 12x the regular rate because now he has enough money that anything less than four figures isn't even worth getting out of bed in the morning.

So what will you buy, with all your money? You won't have your roof redone, the roofer refuses to do it for less than 10,000 dollars and all the other roofers moved to Florida and retired.

You won't build a new house, because all of the construction workers are in Reno doing lines of coke off of your daughter. You won't go to the store and buy a bag of chips because every clerk quit their job day 1 and is now playing video games at home. You won't buy a car because they've all already been bought by the hundreds of thousands or MILLIONS of people who thought of it first.

So what do you do with your fucking fortune, user? Do you invest it? It wouldn't, because a LOT of fucking businesses are crashing in the next two weeks because all of their employees are now independently wealthy. Do you buy a house? Sorry sweetie but every house worth less than 750k was bought in the first fifteen minutes of the new regime, and the rest are now skyrocketing in cost to keep niggers out of their neighborhoods.

What do you do that isn't now impossible because the workforce has no reason to work? Do you... Pay taxes on your new income? Oh-ho, you'd better believe it! So good work giving 40% of that 780,000 dollars to Uncle Sam, I'm sure he'll just LOVE slaughtering children with it.

I would invest half of it in low risk mutual funds and then take the other half over to my friend Asadulah who works in securities

Low-IQ Leftist, once again exposing himself.

You'd probably have a 2 days before prices go up. I'd buy guns, ammo, water, food, and just gather some friends and just hang out playing video games and shooting guns.

Yes. People are stupid

Then do it every certain number of years, duh. Whether it's 50, 25, 5 or every year, just fucking do it and make life easier for everyone so we can all focus on actually bettering ourselves.

That post is extremely antisemitic

One word: INFLATION.

Milk for $15 a gallon, shit slum houses for $500,000. In one year all the money is gone, than what happens?

Where did all the money go to? Back to the top again

communism is the left

Hey did you know if you tried that all the rich people would just flee the country leaving you with nothing but poor people left behind?

the people that are poor now, would spend their 760k on booze, gold teeth, scratch cards and strippers.

The money would end up back in the 1% within 1 generation, though who ends up being in the 1% might shift a little

This, everyone would blow it in a day, it would go back into the hands of the corporations, and all invested money would be removed from the economy.
Money is not wealth.

Fpbp by far

>I dont know how inflation works

>redistributing the wealth only among Americans when there are children starving in undeveloped countries.

Racist and sexist much?

You must be living under a rock then

Actually this must include all the wealth owned by corporations AND banks (peoples savings lmao), so essentially the market would collapse.

it's only shitskinz

Muh regurgitated liberal points. No. You have no fucking clue why people are poor if you believe this

>would communism help everyone?
Fuck off

760k in total assets. people wanting bigger houses, better cars etc. Pushes up prices.

Once you establish the idea of redistributing the capital, there is no need to act carefully on the market anymore. There is also no need anymore to make your self valubale to the society/economy. There isn't even a need to invest in the expansion of your economy and thus the expansion of you community, because longterm investements give you no benefits anymore. The end result is a society, that is in its core highly narcisstic and the few, who would still invest in the economy to provide a stable system for the others, would sacrafice their financial existence for the majority that mindlessly spends their share on materialistic nonsense.

americans are already in the top 1% of richest in the world...

Maybe

>implying normal market dynamics would be left in place after 100% equalizing redistribution
>not retarded

They'd better learn how to live off that 760k forever because there would be no more businesses

Ofc not, because why why would you work if you get free money?? If you hand out free money you make sure you kill the motivation to go to work and not maintaining society. It's fun for a while but at the end society will collapse because nobody is working. that's why communism never works.

He forgot to detract it with the national debt.

>>Would wealth redistribution really help everyone?

No, because many people are irresponsible with it and would lose or waste it in a short time.

Something for nothing doesn't teach financial responsibility. It's also immoral and a property rights violation to steal from others.

"wealth"

compare consumption of energy, consumption of food.

$760,000 would be wasted by the end of the year by most people. With the problem the capacity for this insane consumption isn't even there and it would only cause inflation

The west is overconsuming, not consuming too little. The land doesn't become 100x as much, the resources don't become 100x as much. Nice spots to live don't increase 100x.
It would actually change very little.

Most billionaires have almost no liquidity you fucking retard niggers.

>got dealt a shit hand in life and had no chance from jump street.
>living in america
pick one

That much wealth wouldn't be there to be divided if the top earners knew that their wealth would be split over 300 million different ways. Fucking geniuses.

>I think the only reason a lot of poor people are poor is because they got dealt a shit hand in life and had no chance from jump street
As a poor person I can say for a fact you're wrong. Poor people are stupid. That's why we're poor. If we were smart we wouldn't be poor.

Thats so fucking stupid, how is Congress supposed to buy anything with only $760,000

no it would not in the 1930s in the USA the big investors where making investments in mom and pop shops they saw that shit was about to hit the fan so what did the government do they took the investors money so that they could no long make investments and what did the government do with saw money well gave it to the people and we can see how that went study the world history to understand it better a big one to study is Rome

>ITT: Nobody has played The Last Straw

You mean the average American who has $135,924 in consumer debt even though their income is $51,939? So, would that mean, after they get their $760k, they'd go out and put $2 million worth of stuff on their credit cards?

yes. Or everyone gets $2million in the first place. Doesn't really matter when the inflation kicks in.

>Use Tur'xoran's Summoning Stone to summon and slay Tur'xoran.
???

If every household had $760,000 a loaf of bread would cost $100 and rent would be $25,000 per month.

Retarded ideas like this are why nobody with any brains is a leftie.

Internalized misogyny.

What's on earth wrong with a few people getting much richer than most people if everybody lives better than before? now cell phones are even everywhere in some parts of Africa

living in america doesn't mean shit if you get schizophrenia or were molested by your uncle

I grew up poor with a very irresponsible and immature parent who continues to be those things to this day. I made a point to do well in school and became an emancipated minor when I was 17 and got the fuck out, and I have a nice life now. I can tell you from experience that you're wrong, and given $760k poor people would just blow through it

because the leftist-schtick is that everyone is "equal" and "we are all the same" - pointing out that some people are more capable than others is "racist" and "discriminating". Sadly for them, the economy and private finances proof people are in fact not all equal. Therefor they have to keep up the narrative that the economy is not driven by talent and skill, but by"unjust systems" and "prejudice". The idea of redistributing wealth is the attempt to erase the evidence that their ideology is flawed. They don't care that capitalism is the catalyst for soicetal progress

no, it would only help peasants with less than $760k.

nope.

lets assume for the sake of argument that the redistribution went off with out a hitch. That is assuming some very, very altruistic people acting against their best principles by the way, but whatever lets say that step 1 is perfect 100% and all that 760,000 goes to every household.

What then? Lets consider what happens when someone from the lower class wins the lottery. Does their family rise up into the upper class? No. They blow the money on frivolities and their family quickly sinks down from whence they came. The rich, typically, get that way through generations. If everyone got X amount of money the majority of them would waste it on bullshit, cause hyper-inflation, and within 50 years it would be just like it is today. Wealth accumulates not by magic, but because people manage it to differing degrees.

> upper middle class people who just coast through life because it's practically impossible for them to fail.

you are a fool and a child. men compete. if you don't compete you will get eaten alive. you will learn this one day.

No, it wouldn't. A better approach would be to give 20k to every household, and give them more if they are going into debt or extreme poverty. This could also be used to combat the loss of jobs in the future due to machines taking over everyone's job. One side-effect would be inflation, but I presume that regulations would keep prices stable. Of course, you'll need things to spend money on, so the government or private individuals would open up businesses just to make sure that the money is flowing, not static. Flowing money means a relatively healthy economy.

Most lotto millionaires end up poor again within a year or two.